Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815926 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2007
crazyT:

ASHAKA CEM PLC: The year ended December 31, 2006, Audited results for Ashaka Cement Plc show a Turnover of N16.77billion compared with N15.82billion in 2005. N3.38billion was declared as Profit After Tax as against N4.43billion in 2005. A dividend of N1.50kobo per share and a bonus of 1 for 6 were recommended by the Directors. This translates to over 17% returns on investment at share price of N80.92 as at close price on Friday, 22nd June, 2006. The Closure date of Register of members is 23rd July 2007, while payment date is 9th August 2007.

NO NO NO NO NO! A bonus share does NOT give you returns. On the day the "bonus" is issued, Ashaka's price will be adjusted downwards to negate the effect of the so called bonus issue. Your returns due to bonus is exactly ZERO! You'll get 2% for dividends and that's it. If you are investing, pls pay attention to Ashaka's price on 9th August (the payment date), and you'll see it drop 16%.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:25am On Jun 27, 2007
diva4eva:

HI peeps,
Please i need this info urgently. Is dangote sugar shares certificate out. please respond
Yes it is. I got mine a month ago but there is a delay in verifying the certificate as zenith registrars is stalling with the excuse that "they are verifying signatures".It is just a plot to ensure that the price doesn't dip and too many people don't sell too many shares. If you have not seen your certificate, then go to zenith registrars.

@all,
What do you think about ABC transport, GREIF and GTB?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2007
cheexy:

Yes it is. I got mine a month ago but there is a delay in verifying the certificate as zenith registrars is stalling with the excuse that "they are verifying signatures".It is just a plot to ensure that the price doesn't dip and too many people don't sell too many shares. If you have not seen your certificate, then go to zenith registrars.

@all,
What do you think about ABC transport, GREIF and GTB?

GTB yes but not above 30.00 in my opinion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chykeuche: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2007
please can anyone let me know whether insurance sector stocks are good to buy now. the current price most of them are between 3 naira and 8 naira. pls I need the info urgently.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2007
cool(had to keep the thread at the top)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2007
@cheexy
why not start another thread grin grin
eg pennystock tips for nigerians
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2007
Over-valued Stocks: Market Correction In Sight?------------->http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=78&a=29309
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 2:03am On Jun 30, 2007
Please does anyone who how much NASCON IPO price was?? I am trying to convince my uncle to sell some of his to me at a discounted rate. URGENT ANSWER
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 2:12am On Jun 30, 2007
n22
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 2:15am On Jun 30, 2007
Dis Guy,

God bless you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 2:18am On Jun 30, 2007
Dis Guy,

Do you think it would be fair to buy it at market value from him, because it's just N24?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 2:21am On Jun 30, 2007
Well it would be fair to him wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:24am On Jun 30, 2007
@ all,

Take a look @ this table:

JOS INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC

ASSOCIATED BUS COMPANY PLC

POLY PRODUCTS (NIG) PLC

JAPAUL OIL AND MARITIME SERVICES PLC

WEST AFRICAN PROV.INS.COY.PLC

I smell something!!!!!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 4:36am On Jul 01, 2007
which of these penny stocks do u guys think will be a good buy,
custodian insurance@3.23,
staco@1.69,
continental insurance@3.48,
I need advise from u guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 4:44am On Jul 01, 2007
as far as first bank offer is concern,i think it will be adviseable to buy the offer from the floor,i mean from the secondary market because of the delay in certificate,my stockbroker advise me to buy from d floor,and i think i have learnt my lesson,i bought dunlop @2.50 by january,d price rose to N8,I COULD not sell because I am yet to have the certificate even up till now.and i dont want the same thing to happen again ,I know first bank will rise to about N75,then one can sell but without having the certficate one cant sell,guys we need to wise up.d beauty of investing is buying and selling at the right time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 4:48am On Jul 01, 2007
who has recieve his Dunlop and Transcorp public offer Share certificate.because i am yet to recieve mine.
Pls respond
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 4:51am On Jul 01, 2007
who has recieve his Dunlop and Transcorp public offer Share certificate.because i am yet to recieve mine.
Pls respond
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2007
hi everyone
I just discovered a wonderful website that can help you manage your portfolio. i think its a WOW cos it helps u calculate everything. its so detailed. i feel u all should check it out. and GUESS WHAT? IT'S FREE. the web addy is www.investordelight.com. take care y'all
[color=Black][/color]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by londonAIR(m): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2007
@jesu seun
I beg to differ with your view about first bank getting long to N75, If it does, have u considered the number of people and institutions u are dealing with in the market who are also hoping to sell at that price , pls dont get me wrong , i am not saying your strategy is not good, , (I WORK MORE ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS TO GIVE MY VIEWS ), all this factors affect the price and volatility of the stock. I will want you to consider a situation where the supply in the market is his higher than the demand .WHAT DO U THINK WILL HAPPEN TO THE PRICE?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2007
I intend to start investing Mutual Funds but I am having a problem.

Whom to start (invest) with?

Kindly, help me by listing the names of the good & promising Funds in Nigeria.

If you can provide the one's which managers also invest in their funds, it will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2007
nazzyon:

I intend to start investing Mutual Funds but I am having a problem.

Whom to start (invest) with?

Kindly, help me by listing the names of the good & promising Funds in Nigeria.

If you can provide the one's which managers also invest in their funds, it will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Nigerian Mutual Fund Thread
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 5:46am On Jul 03, 2007
Thanks alot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2007
@ All the Gurus
I don't trust my brokerage firm {which is no news to a lot of us here, I suppose Sad }, they sold a few items for me recently. I am incapable of doing accurate maths myself { I now see why I should have listened to my Maths teacher years ago Cry }, but have the sneaky feeling that the figures don't add up.
Please can any one help with the following

10k units of FBN stock sold @ 40.40 on the 25/05/2007
9k units of Ashaka stock sold @ 80.5 on the 31/05/2007
20k of Ecobank stock sold @ 8.47 on the 31/05/2007

The question here is what would have been the individual balance for each of the stocks after deduction of all sundry fees? I might look stupid because of this post, but I need to be reassured else the firm and myself might be visiting the SEC/ NSE disciplinary commitees Embarrassed.

Kind thanks, in anticipation, to all who offer me their help

Having checked from Cashcraft price history , i saw that your Firstbank shares was sold at same prevailing rate on the date you posted .
you also posted that your @80.50 on 5/31/07 , well on that same date it closed @83.00 according to Cashcraft price history , so there is 2.50 to difference .
while on that same 5/31/07 according to your post , your ecobank stocks was sold @8.47, it closed @8.69 according to Cashcraft price history , so there is 0.22 difference .
now before you run to SEC and SEC , I understand the stock price fluctuates during a trading day until trading closes on the floor of NSE ,then it would finally end at permanent price for that day .
This is much that i know about it, maybe the gurus would help and make it more clear .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2007
egoldman:

Having checked from Cashcraft price history , i saw that your Firstbank shares was sold at same prevailing rate on the date you posted .
you also posted that your @80.50 on 5/31/07 , well on that same date it closed @83.00 according to Cashcraft price history , so there is 2.50 to difference .
while on that same 5/31/07 according to your post , your ecobank stocks was sold @8.47, it closed @8.69 according to Cashcraft price history , so there is 0.22 difference .
now before you run to SEC and SEC , I understand the stock price fluctuates during a trading day until trading closes on the floor of NSE ,then it would finally end at permanent price for that day .
This is much that i know about it, maybe the gurus would help and make it more clear .
Yes that is true, Just check the reasobility of the charges.
Your charges should be in the rangeb of 4.12%.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ribaman(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ Egoldman and Frank,
Kind thanks for your answers. Here are the figures that were returned to me after deduction of all charges:
FBN 10 units @ 40.40 =====387,769.55
Ashaka 9k Units @ 80.5 ====704,177.77
Ecobank 20k Units @ 8.47===164,648.32
Pls do these figures add up in your own estimation? Do they tie up with rates that the minister released months ago? Pls help me, and thanks upfront for your help and time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 1:35am On Jul 04, 2007
is GTB a good buy now at N35 or should I wait for their PO if they are going to have one in the near future? I dont want to get caught up another PO problem. apparently their possible po price will be around N29 according to reports on proshareng
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2007
To all the gurus in the house. I think I made a mistake when placing orders for some shares. I bought some shares in Dangote sugar @ N55, Crusader @ N6.5 and RTBriscoe @ N29.5 but since when I bought the shares, the price has done nothing but surge downwards. do you think I should place a sell and count my losses or I should wait it out in hope that it is a good stock on the long run. I dont want to lose money and I also dont want to lose more money. So I would like an advise on the best thing to do now with this shares. Your opinion counts. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by unleashit(m): 12:38am On Jul 05, 2007
@ all
over time we have been trying to analyze the capital market in order to make good buys but the truth is that we are really analyzing how different people behave toward a particular issue at a point in time. If this is true it therefore means that the market can be made to behave the way we want it to. with the help of some gurus like frank,windy and cheeksy we can actually beat the street. I know of a way which would make us all street beaters.
If you are interested, send me a mail @ beatdstreet@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by phemmy26(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2007
Pls i need ur help.

How do i change the address on my monthly report that i receive from my stock broker
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cuppcakke(f): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2007
@ PHEMMY 26

Write a letter addressed to the Managing Director, Central Securities and Clearing Systems, 2/4 Custom Street, Lagos, requesting that you wish to change your address.Quote your name and account details and send it through your broker.
It should be effected latest 3 days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Segepu(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2007
Hi guy
am new on this site, but been trading somewhere else. Does anyone no of any new thing in town apart from FBN closing today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2007
HI ALL
PLS WHAT IS THE CURRENT PERCENTAGE BROKERS CHARGE FOR BUYING AND SELLING STOCK. REPLY NEEDED URGENTLY

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.