Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820506 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2007
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on July 11th, 2007 placed the share price of Japaul Oil and Maritime Services Plc on technical suspension, following the receipt of an application to raise funds from the market via an hybrid offer.
The Company is expected to raise 1,007,488,188 Ordinary Shares at N3.95 via a Public Offerring and 291,549,045 at N2.50 via a Rights Issue.

Expecting the offer anytime Next month.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by senetee(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2007
@all n the gurus,
what is Japaul really into? Yes, i know ts its in the maritime sector and they had an IPO a few years ago but did they really utilize the funds well?
Just need more information on the coy? Thanks

@Frankiriri, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! ! ! ! Wish you and your portfolio many happy returns.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ess: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2007
Hey guys whats happening? there seems to be some silence in the house! Well I wish all is fine and hope to hear from u all soon. Another pointer, i have notice the gradual decline of some shares recently including ashaka, dansugar, even 1st bank, costain and many more. Could this be a market turn around or just one of those periods in the stock market and will bounce back to its bullish trend?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2007
please i need some investment advice on some of the cheap stock because im thinkin on investin on some of them, please i really need your advise on some of the prospect of the cheap stocks

Well Urboy
Cheap stocks have one strong advantage over costly ones: It is the advantage of numbers or volume. They don't grow much but the cumulative effect of their little growth can and does surpass those of the expensive ones.
Make sure when you buy them you buy alot of numbers and then all the Kobo kobo will sum up nicely to crisp naira notes.
Happy investing! smiley

@All
Has anyone's research made them have good feelings for Wema Bank Plc lately ? Any opinion of that stock's potentials in the next three months?
Is there a public offer in the making from them soon? If there is, how does one know when to dispose to avoid the Technical Suspension that will follow?
Will appreciate answers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on July 11th, 2007 placed the share price of Japaul Oil and Maritime Services Plc on technical suspension, following the receipt of an application to raise funds from the market via an hybrid offer.
The Company is expected to raise 1,007,488,188 Ordinary Shares at N3.95 via a Public Offerring and 291,549,045 at N2.50 via a Rights Issue.

Expecting the offer anytime Next month.

Isn't is absolutely wierd that a company would do a public offer at a price that's almost 50% off the market price of its stock? That's like management announcing to the whole world that it thinks its share price is severely overvalued shocked Or could it be that the market price was manipulated prior to the offer and is therefore totally uncorrelated with the company's fundamentals? I'm seriously wary of companies like this on the exchange sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2007
windywendy:

Isn't is absolutely wierd that a company would do a public offer at a price that's almost 50% off the market price of its stock? That's like management announcing to the whole world that it thinks its share price is severely overvalued shocked Or could it be that the market price was manipulated prior to the offer and is therefore totally uncorrelated with the company's fundamentals? I'm seriously wary of companies like this on the exchange sad

Is it the fact that the discount is 50% that makes you wary because price manipulation prior to offer is common. I don't think it should stop you from taking positions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2007
@windywendy,

it sure looks weird for a company to discount its share price that way, but that is the norm in the Nigera stock market. However this should not stop you from taking a position ,like dollyp suggested. Japaul Oil posted very good earnings report lately, and more importantly they can sustain the growth as they maintain and execute the contracts they have now. Personally , i will suggest you determine if the offer is at FAIR VALUE and if you are comfortable with information you find on the company, Then go fo it. I will be adding to my position as soon as the offer takes off.For me its definitely a good one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:54pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ All,

does anyone know why Access bank dropped 40k today? I thought the company was on technical suspension because of the public offer. Is it over already?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 2:12am On Jul 17, 2007
lol it was a mistake cheesy

whats the fair value for japaul still havent got the hang of all these calcualtions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:49am On Jul 17, 2007
Actually, I think they must have paid a 40k dividend. Can't remember what they announced when they released the FY results. Silly me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:48am On Jul 17, 2007
I think you need to move your contribution to------------->https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.1504.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2007
cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2007
@ ALL,

AS I OPEN MY CRYSTALL BALL I SEE B4 ME , ACCESS BANK.

But i ask myself why on Earth is ACCESS BANK doing all this is not clear to me my crystall ball warns me about ACCESS BANK, why but why oh why ACCESS BANK, My crystall ball emanating bad smell on the side of ACCESS BANK. cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2007
well, lets see what would happen after the PO,

i really do hope it rises to bout N21 before the inevitable plunge

@sup, larry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Segepu(m): 10:45am On Jul 17, 2007
Wonderful day all yee grabbers in the land.  Can anyone please link me with reliable brokers in Nigeria with list charges at transaction.  

Seun especially with your market knowledge could you please advise on this matter. U may contact me on my email or link me up with your instant messenger for a nice chart.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2007
Does anyone have any idea when the Technical suspension on First Bank will be lifted?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2007
What is the story on FIRST INLAND shares been declining for the past 1 week?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mubaraqqq(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2007
so how do i find out what is going on with my firstbank shares? Is it trading now? How much as it appreciated?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2007
which of shares do u guys will be a good buy,which can have like 200% ROI in the next one year
afroil @5.7
ethernal oil @13.08
fidelity @10.65
wemabank@11.03
ibtc@11
japaul oil@6.02

i have some money to be invested in at least 3 of the company above.i need ur advise fast.thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2007
which of shares do u guys will be a good buy,which can have like 200% ROI in the next one year
afroil @5.7
ethernal oil @13.08
fidelity @10.65
wemabank@11.03
ibtc@11
japaul oil@6.02

i have some money to be invested in at least 3 of the company above.i need your advise fast.thanks

The last three have a good chance. I can't speak for the first. Just not sure.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2007
Can an amount like 50k/100k be traded with? Is there any broker who will accept it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2007
@Iwerebor, most stock brokers start with 50k plus 1.25% or so as a fee
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2007
Thanks Otoks, I greatly appreciate this info. It's very helpful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by freelance(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
I heard Fidelity, FCMB, Ecobank would be
coming to the market soon as well

It's all gud grin

Cheers! wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2007
Iwerebor:

Can an amount like 50k/100k be traded with? Is there any broker who will accept it?

Yes. N100K

Crossworld - http://www.crossworldsec.biz/

Cashcraft - http://www.cashcraft.com/default.asp

And a couple of the smaller brokers may accept N100K or less.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2007
afroil @5.7
ethernal oil @13.08
fidelity @10.65
wemabank@11.03
ibtc@11
japaul oil@6.02

i have some money to be invested in at least 3 of the company above.i need your advise fast TO make a decision.thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by palemoon(f): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hello everyone dollyp1cute asked a question about firstinlandbank shares. Whats in?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:07am On Jul 19, 2007
@ the First Inland people,

maybe someone has seen the FY April 07 results and is busy dumping.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bioye(m): 10:45am On Jul 19, 2007
@iwerebor,

NBA:

Yes. N100K

Crossworld - http://www.crossworldsec.biz/

Cashcraft - http://www.cashcraft.com/default.asp

And a couple of the smaller brokers may accept N100K or less.

If I were you I would stay off Cashcraft. I had bad experiences with them and others have reported similar issues on this thread and elsewhere on nairaland. Their services are just too inefficient in general.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2007
easimoni:

@ the First Inland people,

maybe someone has seen the FY April 07 results and is busy dumping.

Well the "someone" took a breather yesterday as the price was up.

@NBA, Cashcraft customer service is poor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2007
If I were you I would stay off Cashcraft. I had bad experiences with them and others have reported similar issues on this thread and elsewhere on nairaland. Their services are just too inefficient in general.
@bioye
If you were me, where would you go?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
jesu seun:

afroil @5.7
ethernal oil @13.08
fidelity @10.65
wemabank@11.03
ibtc@11
japaul oil@6.02

i have some money to be invested in at least 3 of the company above.i need your advise fast TO make a decision.thanks

Apart from Wema, i'm not too keen on any of the other companies on your list. Japaul is going to do a PO at almost half that price, so it might be worth waiting for -- i'm assuming you're not one of those who are simply out to make quick gains and therefore jump before they look. As for IBTC, unless someone is really really intoxicated enough to sell to you at N11, you're never going to get it on the floor at that price when Standard bank is offering holders N16. If you're looking long term, why not research some companies in the insurance sector? Focus on those with diversified revenue streams, positive cashflow from operations, good management and reasonable margins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.