Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820116 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2008
@beginner, the charge is in relation with how much you are using to buy the stocks, like if you are buying a stock worth 100 thousand naira, the charge should be 1 thousand naira only.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2008
beginner:

My fellow nairalanders

If your broker charges 1% fees, please how much should the total charges be?.

1.83% same as mine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
samstone4:

@Windy, Wendy

How goes the gale today?

I note that FSDH Securities are you brokers.

Please tell me roughly how long it takes them to verify your certificates and have them on CSCS. This has been an area of dissatisfaction for me.

Samstone4 cool cool

Yes, certificate verification is an issue. From my experience though, the problem has been with the registrars and not with the broking house itself. It's been a while since I did POs, but with the last one, they got all my certificates even before I knew they did, and sent them for verification. The registrars took their time and i had to make several calls to them before the certificates were eventually sent to the CSCS by the registrars.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
windywendy:

Wait o, are you accusing Pumping of "pumping and dumping"?  shocked shocked shocked

Oya, oga Pumping777, defend yourself  smiley your reputation is at stake o

grin grin grin

The bobo don finish me patapata. I no go comment again on any stock wey I get now, bin get before or fit buy in future  grin grin grin

Aiico don pass CICO for me @89% gain sha.

I no put any more fire o. In fact, I dey pray make the thing come down make we rest small  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
pumping777:

grin grin grin

The bobo don finish me patapata. I no go comment again on any stock wey I get now, bin get before or fit buy in future grin grin grin

I trust pumping, he no fit do 'pump and dump' His carpenter no fit use hin tooth remove nail
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ All the Technicalists, esp those who bough the John J Murphy book;

Anyone read the chapter on the Elliot wave theory? Looks promsing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ all

a friend told me he recieved a check  - apperently for returned money from Bagco , any info on the allotment , ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2008
easimoni:

@ All the Technicalists, esp those who bough the John J Murphy book;

Anyone read the chapter on the Elliot wave theory? Looks promsing.

@easimoni,

see why I drop the book, wetin concern moi with scientist theory - all in the name of making money.

My level never reach that side !!!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obalende: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ yodiyokun

I recognise your post from that board about immigration and that thread- would you permit me to send u an email or PM on that website (site names withheld for your privacy). abeg - i hav an option of migrating to canada and i need someone who has experienced both sides like u. I will be going with a student visa - just looking for your comparisons of both places.

Ok now NSE talk, Regency Alliance Plc set for listing http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/2008/02/19/regency-alliance-plc-set-for-listing/

will start at NGN1.75 - does anyone have background data on thiss stock (year end) and if it will rally in a short while.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
@babaolu
contact me i got new lead on the UBN PP. Urgent!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2008
omo_boy:

This is the quote of the day for me which corroborates what others have said regarding the almighty borker being the last and weakest link in this CICO business. They can make or break all your assumptions in technical analysis,

@ WindyWendy: we wey no get Superman broker, wetin we for do now You fit connect us with your personal broker for FSDH?

Hmmm, I'm not sure if giving his name on the forum will be appropriate. But im first name na IK no be from my mouth you hear am oh cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Daddyzee: 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
Gentlemen , sorry and Ladies(I hope) wink wink wink
See what IBTC have to say this week. Hope it helps. I still stand behind Lasaco though wink wink

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2008
frankiriri:

@ Napoleon
Very interesting and informative posts. Please do upload the data on Starcomms and Multilinks soon. In the alternative you can mail it to pumping to do the upload.

Yes o, I concur fully. Please email to Pumping (Pumping777(at) yahoo) sorry pumping, I got your email addy from an earlier page, so that we can do some quick analysis.

@Napolean, your posts are very informative. Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
wanaj0:

Nothing spectacular. Q1 PAT was N2bn. Q2 PAT was N5.8bn. So if Q3 PAT is <N10bn it implies that the Full year will be about N13bn. That will give an EPS of <N1.00 which at current price is like a PE of 22.00. So to me, nothing fantastic.

However, Diamond is well positioned to issue a bonus which may influence the price.

Hmmm, I doubt very much if that would happen, at least not with actis being the core investor and being on the board as well. Bonus go result in EPS dilution and they don't like that. My opinion tho
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

@ Windywendy
Unity magic is performing, do u knw my entering price? Less than 9 naira, i dun mind selling it at 10 or 11. Mhm my Roll Royce, where is father of 1+1 ?

Good for you! But na Emmaachile you suppose thank for the unity bank tip smiley

But wait o, why sell at 10 or 11? My take is that the price will be pushed to at least 15 before going on TS. So an exit at about 14 or thereabout would be more optimal. Na my opinion be that o, make your decision. **disclosure**Me sef get plenti plenti inside cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
Windy-Wendy  is the sound that the Naira makes grin

You were spot on for Berger Paints and Niwicable.

More wind to your elbow!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
yudiyokun, im really not in a rush to verify, i havent even submitted yet. will do so soon. pumping 777, i have no info on rt briscoe, im a LONGMAN, that one don do.
diamond 9 months was fantastic. superb. make una watch out for fcmb.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
@windywendy

No be like that o, we don pass that 'fire for aiico rocket' issue about two pages back.

Pumping made things clear to me.

Anyways, does anyone have a list of the recapitalized Insurance companies? or know where I can go and read it up?

Someone told me one of them is doing PP and I want to research on them.

them go say na only Insurance company this one sabi for NSE  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
loma:

You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when:

You tell your children they can't go to college yet because you are convinced you can make another 50% CICO on their education accounts when the market turns around.

shocked shocked I'm normally a very calm and easy going person o, but if hubby tries this kin tin, hmmmmm, na im be say thunder go strike o! Which kin yeye tin be that! God forbid bad thing  angry shocked If na joke make you stop am now now. CICO ko, CICO ni.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
Salvage:

@windywendy

No be like that o, we don pass that 'fire for aiico rocket' issue about two pages back.

Pumping made things clear to me.

Anyways, does anyone have a list of the recapitalized Insurance companies? or know where I can go and read it up?

Someone told me one of them is doing PP and I want to research on them.

them go say na only Insurance company this one sabi for NSE grin

Ah no mind me o. I just dey catch up since friday. The pace at which this thread moves is alarming. I'm still catching up sef. Anyway, no problem, na joke I dey joke with you cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2008
ASO SAVINGS HOLDS EGM, TO LIST ON STOCK EXCHANGE
Written by Austine Odo
Monday, 18 February 2008
Aso Savings and Loans Plc, a Primary Mortgage Institution (PMI) incorporated in Nigeria as a limited liability company on November 9, 1995 which formally commenced business,

on January 2, 1997 and converted to a public liability company (PLC) on September 22, 2005 is to hold its Extraordinary General Meeting tomorrow Tuesday February 19, 2008 to consider among other things, to apply for listing on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The meeting which is slated for 11: 00am in Benue/Plateau Hall of Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja is to consider and if thought fit, pass as an ordinary resolution, upon requisite approval for the company to carry on business as a listed company on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, including offering securities through the Exchange from time to time.

According to the notice of the meeting given on the order of the board by the company secretary, Bilkisu Rimi, the meeting will also consider, and if thought fit, resolve to amend the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company by the insertion of a new paragraph 3 (vii) & (viii) and others thereof.

The meeting notice said a member is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, and a proxy need not be a member of the company.

To be valid, the notice said, a proxy form must be stamped by the commissioner for stamp duties and deposited at the registered office of the company, Plot 266, FMBN Building, Central Business District, Abuja, not later than 48 hours before the meeting. Aso Savings and Loans Plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Mortgage Institution Decree No. 53 of 1989 to carry out the business of mortgage banking in Nigeria.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2008
loma:

My portfolio is looking extremely greenish with Scoa(thanks to pumping), Niwicable(thanks to Wendy), Berger(thanks to Wendy) and Uniondicon (thanks to Prince11)!

smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good for you!! I hope you know when to sell (depending on your investment horizon), so that this  grin grin grin grin grin doesn't turn to this  angry angry angry angry angry or even this   undecided cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2008
loma:

Chams forms pact with Starcomms

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200802190565823

I don talk am before. Their bill payment service is the deal that'll make these guys. Just wait until their access terminals can be interconnected with master and visa and they'll be gallopping away until some strong competition gets into their market space and edges them out that is . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Oga me, u are too much.Please permit me to be your Goddaughter because i like to follow connected people.You have a lot of insider information and for  u to say u dey for that Thisday Award, it shows that u are a big player because i passed the place that Sunday and i know the kind of cars wey i see there.Please don't forget me incase of small pp.

@Napolean: Me sef I wan be your God daughter o! na just a few years I take pass that your daughter wey you mention for one of your posts from before before. I go qualify abi?  cheesy cheesy

Seriously, we'll appreciate any PP news you can get. Please keep em coming.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Windywendy
Infact me ma self - i wan be your Godbrother,
On any stock you buy, just send me trade alert as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
@WindyWendy

I hope for your own sake that you're right. I[b] know you have a good-sized stake in this company[/b] and I also recall the BIG argument that we had sometime ago when the PO was on. In all of this, one thing's for sure: an investment in transcorp has been a huge opportunity cost to those who invested. It's an outrage that the NSE and SEC allowed a company like this to come looking for funds in the equities market. For a company that had no history of operations, funds should only have been sought in the PP market where there's the appetite for much higher risk.

Point well taken, but I wouldn't necessary consider my stake there considerable though, but
I guess one's man $10 is another man's $1000. Obviously I had the appetite for the PP risk
then and still do, but it will be untruthful not to admit that things are "very chaotic" with the
organization to put it nicely. Its still a gamble, may be a suicide mission, but what the heck!

Re-hashing the issue of why Transcorp found itself listed in the NSE today is sort of tantamount
to asking why Yar Adua is still in Aso Rock and making reversals. We are here now and what is
important is how and what the FG plans to give back to Transcorp shareholders in return for the
reversal.

Transcorp or no Transcorp, there is some consensus (at least there are some opposing views)
that the NITEL reversal or its announcement as a "reversal" was handled poorly as it could
send the wrong signals to the market. Well, its Nigeria, anything can happen, even the dry
bones comes back to life smiley Isn't Andy Uba the governor of Anambra state again? smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
ACL:

HI WENDY, 

Can u plese give just one stock against tomorrow purchse.
I was thinking of NIWICABLE or TRIPPLE G.
thank, waiting

What's your timeframe? I personally think that tripple G is in danger sorry TS territory right now. I mentioned some weeks back that they were due to release results soon and are planning to do a PO, and that the price would rise subsequent to the PO. They have since released results and the price has risen consistently since the results were released. Right now, I consider it too risky to buy.

Niwicable is good for both short and medium / long term. I however prefer medium term on this one as I believe returns would be more than what the short term has to offer, even when compounded. My opinion though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
pumping777:

To complete my story of the good customer service I had from CSCS Trade Alert yesterday.

As promised, my Trade Alert is now working as I have just recieved the text messages for my transactions today.

Well done CSCS!!!

Pumping777 e get one question wey I wan ask o.

I filled out the CSCS form to register for trade alert because these BGL guys are not online. I paid the N2500, handed the deposit slip to the broker and registered online at CSCS. That was about 3wks ago. Wetin I go do now? just siddon look or wait until I get an email from CSCS? BGL confirmed to me that they signed whatever part they needed to sign and submitted the form to CSCS. What do you recommend I do? call cscs or wait? Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2008
easimoni:

@ Wendy,
my respect for you just multiplied (irrespective of your support for Bill Belicheat  tongue) based on your Transcorp yarns oh and thanks for the Niwicable tip. 'folio is smiling

To all those mad at the FG, let's wait for the details to come out. I worked in the deal-making department of a major oil company and our partners often wrote penalties for failing to meet performance milestones into our contracts. Who says the FG didn't so the same? The ability to make measurable progress to revive NITEL may have been a condition of the sale. No one can argue the fact that little or no progress has been made (still don't know anyone with a NITEL line).

Easimoni how na? Stop player hating because your team got whipped without even smelling the quarter finals  tongue Admit it, just one of Bill will whip all of them pitiful colts jokers sorry, players -- admit it now . . . , you know you want to  grin cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nio68(m): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
Hi Wendy,
pls whats your take on ABC at its current price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2008
windywendy:

Pumping777 e get one question wey I wan ask o.

I filled out the CSCS form to register for trade alert because these BGL guys are not online. I paid the N2500, handed the deposit slip to the broker and registered online at CSCS. That was about 3wks ago. Wetin I go do now? just siddon look or wait until I get an email from CSCS? BGL confirmed to me that they signed whatever part they needed to sign and submitted the form to CSCS. What do you recommend I do? call cscs or wait? Thanks.

I did the same myself about 3 weeks ago, abeg let me know what u find out. I know mine hasnt been activated, cause I've tried several times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2008
nio68:

Hi Wendy,
please whats your take on ABC at its current price

Sorry, I don't know anything about ABC at the moment. But you can ask dollyp1cute, looks like she's the pilot on that jet smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.