Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,239 members, 7,860,534 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819934 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
loma:

Dr AktopCandle,

To remain legally sane, how much laughter can one laugh per day. I believe I am getting an overdose from this thread o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ioma, I always enjoy your post o.  Keep it up man.

Sneak In - When no one notice, otherwise your mission can be compromised.
Rush Out - You can be noticed, it doesn't matter, because you already grabdaloot, just hold it tight and run for your life. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
loma:

You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when: The NSE drops 10% or more, you demand your family skip one meal a day so you can quickly raise cash to buy stock at the new, cheap levels.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You will not CICO me out of my job, na lie you talk, my teeth and job must remain in long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
SIRO kai ga esoooooooooo grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
I bought a small unit of Japaul via IPO (just 25Kg)

What should I expect and when ? (a) returned money (b) certificate in the post (c) a bit of both

Sorry if I've missed this from the past,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2008
Today's Preliminary prices from nigerianstockexchange.com

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
blueband:

Was share reconstruction a good thing for International Energy insurance?MAybe they should have waited till now to reconstruct shares.From what I see on the NSE a lot of people buy shares because they are cheap compared to other companies and not necessary if the companies are sound fundamentally.

A stock is not cheap because its nominal value is low.

A stock is cheap if it has a  lower PE ratio in comparison with other stocks in the same sector that way using PE ratio will make sense. The PE ratio you consider cheap is subjective and that is a different argument altogether.

For those who need to know what PE ratio is please visit  http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/price-earningsratio.asp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
Prince11:

I bought a small unit of Japaul via IPO (just 25Kg)

What should I expect and when ? (a) returned money (b) certificate in the post (c) a bit of both

Sorry if I've missed this from the past,

Prince,

For less than 50kg, you get your full allotment, so expect your certificate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
Whats the news on CCNN and Unilever, they seem to be dancing on the spot.

Aktopgun, please can you shine your candle on UnionDicon to see if we need more salt in the food?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NEPALOVA: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
Whats d news on EVANSMEDICAL? Seems2b headed2maiduguri
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2008
loma:

Prince,

For less than 50kg, you get your full allotment, so expect your certificate.

Thanks, na good news be that , but WHEN can i expect Japaul certificate?, any idea
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
Now see what SIRO (I like dat one) is doing to me.
I SNEAKED INTO Afroil and when bubble wan burst, I decided to RUSH OUT, but who sai, nobody gree buy the thing since Monday. Or is it a game by my broker to sell high and then reclycle the dough it to me at a low price value. Sigh!
Who wan buy Afroil? gbanjo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2008
BHG:

hmm, Sneak In , Rush Out, enter C[/b]H[b]I[/b]S[b]CO Transport, carry go, i'm loving it grin grin grin grin

Carrying da loot in CHISCO is at your own risk!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
SGN:

Me  I like CICO

But the one I am using at the moment is SIRO

Sneak In  grin
Rush Out

SIRO grin grin grin I love this one. Too too much sef.

Dis one na almighty formular. Make I see where to apply am quick quick grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ 4wheel

hahaha, l know say u sneaked into it without mentioning it here for the almight fear of deep pocketed members hahaha, like what invisible did when he bought afribank on TS @N30.  That show SIRO could be a curse or a blessing.  l know say u go still sell.   tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
*****Deleted*******
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
@mypeace, my Afribank was bought at N27, so am still within striking distance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
invisible!:

@mypeace, my Afribank was bought at N27, so am still within striking distance.

Thats with the help of leverages or how do they put the grammar. l was particular about the quantity you bought during the TS period. However, l am not making mockery of you, l am only explaining the order side of SIRO.

Happy investing dude!! kiss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
Any info on UAC-Prop? I think it's worth looking out for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mypeace why are you rubbing this Afribank thing into invisibles heart now.The thing dey pain no be small.

Meanwhile does anyone know what is happening to Ecobank/Sterling Bank merger?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2008
SGN:

Me  I like CICO

But the one I am using at the moment is SIRO

Sneak In  grin
Rush Out

Just to go in for a meeting, come out; work on a proposal and then make the mistake effort to click refresh on Nairaland, now my colleagues are wondering wot in the world has come over me! Can't stop giggling ever since SIRO came online!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
@blueband

Abeg no put salt for injury, l no mean am that way ooo. Atleast we have read from the gurus that afribank is head to Maiduguri, bros invisible dey kempe. No shaking!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
4wheel:

Now see what SIRO (I like that one) is doing to me.
I SNEAKED INTO Afroil and when bubble wan burst, I decided to RUSH OUT, but who sai, nobody gree buy the thing since Monday. Or is it a game by my broker to sell high and then reclycle the dough it to me at a low price value. Sigh!
Who wan buy Afroil? gbanjo

How much you wan sell? tell your broker to sell at market. Alternatively sell at a huge discount.

On a lighter note, if you are married, tell your wife to place a BUY order while you place a SELL order. That way you will be able to SELL your stocks.

Seriously, that is the risk of BUYING illiquid stocks except you are willing to hold on for the long run!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mypeace wetin you mean say make I no put salt on top injury?Na me remind person wey go buy Afibank at 30 naira,abi na 300 naira during technical suspension.Thank God say no be Wema.Even when invisible tell you say na 27 naira him buy am,you still reminded him that it was actually 30 naira.
Chei,this your name,Mypeace is not peaceful o. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NEPALOVA: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
Since there are no replies concerning my evansmedical issue.

Im going to assume this is the best time to RUSH OUT, SNEAK OUT, CYCLE OUT abi na WILIWILI OUT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
@mypeace, Afribank seems to be one of the best investing decicions I made of recent. It was bought three weeks ago precisely on the 24 jan 2008, no complaints at all. Plus I never use leverages to buy my stocks, I own my money 100%, no loans.
I can afford to wait two years if I so wish. I love my Afribank and is planning to load more weight tomorrow!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
wanaj0:

How much you wan sell? tell your broker to sell at market. Alternatively sell at a huge discount.

[size=8pt]On a lighter note, if you are married, tell your wife to place a BUY order while you place a SELL order. [/size] That way you will be able to SELL your stocks.

Seriously, that is the risk of BUYING illiquid stocks except you are willing to hold on for the long run!

Rathr,get a mugu to buy from you.DOn't you have friends around?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2008
blueband:

Meanwhile does anyone know what is happening to Ecobank/Sterling Bank merger?

Merger definitely off (heresay sha o!) Both are planning POs individualy anyway!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
blueband:

Mypeace wetin you mean say make I no put salt on top injury?Na me remind person wey go buy Afibank at 30 naira,abi na 300 naira during technical suspension.Thank God say no be Wema.Even when invisible tell you say na 27 naira him buy am,you still reminded him that it was actually 30 naira.
Chei,this your name,Mypeace is not peaceful o. grin

You don pour acid for injury now cry cry cry cry cry cry Just leave WEMA alone and let sleeping dogsWEMA  lie o. Make he no become  say  trouble sleep your yanga go wake am na palaver you dey find be that and you go get plenty of that one worth at least 25KG grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
Afribank

Avoid analysis paralysis. They have done it before and they will do it again.

If you buy/bought Afribank at N27, you will still make cool bucks between now and just before shares for the last PO is listed.

I think this one is Guaranteed to wrinkle. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
blueband:

Rathr,get a mugu to buy from you.DOn't you have friends around?

Do unto others as you want others to do unto you.

But with your spouse, since both of you are ONE, nothing spoil.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bioye(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
jandbaby:

Today's Preliminary prices from nigerianstockexchange.com

How come it's preliminary and not final?  Can anyone explain why?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
Roughcut,
E b like you dey pour petrol on top this issue! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.