Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,778 members, 7,862,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820233 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2008
@AkTopGun

Can you light your candles on Nascon  for this week?  I still dey look for Cat-skin before I fit use the candles wey I order!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2008
@wapco investors, things arent looking good but lets wait till tomorrow and see.

today the maket was undecided about it and it gapped lower & formed a doji as well(ie indecision). tomorrow may help determinne if this is a reversal pattern happening called the abandoned baby bottom (funny name isnt it  cheesy)

lets see what tomorrow brings.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2008
pumping777:

I now see being on this list as an advantage and not a disadvantage grin grin grin

I caught on immeidately . Sharpish Sharpish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2008
pumping777:

Dat one when no dey that list wey loma post se? I dey surprised say I no hear anything about PO. I for like am if d PO dey early sef but still I believe in that one too much to sell PO or no PO.

That hint wey you drop say the average price for insurance now is N7 suggest we may be talking d same thing. If you don get that one, na to look for another one inside the sector wey I think go even do better and is fundamentally sound.

Are we talking about L---?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2008
ololufemi:

@ aktopgun

You no put Caveat Emptor for the sentence before them wan stone you with words and big grammar.

my brother , na true o. i forget.

CAVEAT EMPTORS (PLURAL O)  cheesy  cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2008
aktopgun:

@wapco investors, things arent looking good but lets wait till tomorrow and see.

today the maket was undecided about it and it gapped lower & formed a doji as well(ie indecision). tomorrow may help determinne if this is a reversal pattern happening called the abandoned baby bottom (funny name isnt it  cheesy)

lets see what tomorrow brings.

yeah, having looked at the chart (after my last post) I see what you mean, not very strong momentum in the "sell rush" however it still closed at the day's low. Going by this it's bottom-out price may not get as low as I was prediciting in my previous post (the better) but I see that as a possibility. Howbeit, we need one or two day's trading to see how the trend goes. Aktopgun abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
aktopgun:

my brother , na true o. i forget.

CAVEAT EMPTORS (PLURAL O)  cheesy  cheesy cheesy

AKT my man, Abeg light candle for Live Stock Feed and Eternal OIl jare.  If you like put Caveat emptor or emptress, e no concern me.  YOU ARE WONDERFUL GUY WITH GREAT SPIRIT TO HOLD YOUR OWN.  Pls buy matches and put on that candle for me.  I know say the trains are moving but I don't do conductor before for Lagos grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2008
woooowww! I just got word that I got 100% allotment on my MTN application.  cheesy cheesy cheesy. Perfect!

i think i better take the day off . . . wey that my canadian oga sef  cheesy

@Pumping777: abeg wetin be that thing wey you discover this weekend. I'm interested.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2008
upward:

yeah, having looked at the chart (after my last post) I see what you mean, a small slowing of momentum in the "sell rush" however it still closed at the day's low. Going by this it's bottom-out price may not get as low as I was prediciting in my previous post (the better) but I see that as a possibility. Howbeit, we need one or two day's trading to see how the trend goes. Aktopgun abi?

yep. i think so anyways.

On Nascon, things are looking up definitely but it needs some wind in its back i think. It should do better this week than last week
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2008
@aktopgun, on unity bank, unless i'm looking at the wrong price list, I see that it traded above 10 today and closed just shy of 10. Also, the average price for today was higher than the last closing. Don't these indicate some buying pressure?

The list i'm looking at is the TRW list.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2008
windywendy:

@Pumping777: abeg wetin be that thing wey you discover this weekend. I'm interested.

Pumping no talk anything thing before I buy ooo grin grin grin
Windywendy is one of the deep pocket ones, she always has money to buy and she always dey buying gear!!

Just caught up- reading up 15 pages no be easy wor

@Obalende,
I think I replied your email. Na very long email sha.

Remember you have time on your side.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2008
windywendy:

woooowww! I just got word that I got 100% allotment on my MTN application. cheesy cheesy cheesy. Perfect!

i think i better take the day off . . . wey that my canadian oga sef cheesy

I am disappointed!!!! Thought you will break the bank for that one so that you can get return money tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Windy Wendy,

My sister congrats on the MTN offer. More grease to your elbow. No carry ur money go unitybank oh. It is too risky now. Look inside insurance for now or banking, opportunities dey there. Besides on unity u can just do only about 25% max nowand the fear of TS is the beginning of --------

, but e get one bank wey go be the bomb soon.
Its difficult to get it now though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
windywendy:

woooowww! I just got word that I got 100% allotment on my MTN application.  cheesy cheesy cheesy. Perfect!

i think i better take the day off . . . wey that my canadian oga sef  cheesy

good for u girl. remember me in ur kingdom. enjoy it big time.  grin

LIVESTOCK:
awon enemies try bid am down to N8 today but the buyers beat them and it closed at the day's high.
that however tells me that profit takers are setting in, from the Dragonfly doji it did today. Not particularly a good sign.

ETERNAOIL
positive candles for this one. since we talked about it last week  wink its gone on a run and has opened higher and closed higher the last 3 market days. all the candles have long bodies(good) and are other indicators are beginning to wake up as well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
windywendy:

@aktopgun, on unity bank, unless i'm looking at the wrong price list, I see that it traded above 10 today and closed just shy of 10. Also, the average price for today was higher than the last closing. Don't these indicate some buying pressure?

From nsepro.com, the avg price was 9.73 (below the close but above the open); looks like a lot of indecision to me. Buyers should place limits and proceed.

Windy, when are "we" exiting Niwicable? (The thing don turn "Yahooze" money for my hand o, 30% in 6 days!)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
Gurusssssssssss make una carry people along na!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sensing the birth of a new association here of people who speak in tongues:  ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND GURUS.  Una don de exchange E-mail, and yet we are talking Nigeria stock EXCHANGE, the tin don turn to Email EXCHANGE,

I no se Wanajo and FatherofMany no go be member.

The thread is becoming boring since not many here can read the lips of some Gurus among us.  Guguru go become Guru one day cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2008
windywendy:

all u said is true girl but also notice it traded as low as 9.35 today. that tells me that some people were there just trying to kill the price increase today and the assassins will probably try again tomorrow. if they succeed (pleasantly surprised if they dont) the price should drop but probably not by much in the initial instance. tommorrows candle will reveal if the bulls are up for the fight they have on their hands on this one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2008
Mr. Risky:

I am sensing the birth of a new association here of people who speak in tongues:  ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND GURUS.  Una don de exchange E-mail, and yet we are talking Nigeria stock EXCHANGE, the tin don turn to Email EXCHANGE,

The thread is becoming boring since not many here can read the lips of some Gurus among us.  Guguru go become Guru one day cheesy

I hope that you are not refering to my email reference to @obaalende ooooo!!.

That one no be stock matter at all - na immigration talk only. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Might be a case of once bitten twice shy. What do u think? wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2008
yodiyokun:

I hope that you are not refering to my email reference to @obaalende ooooo!!.

That one no be stock matter at all - na immigration talk only. grin

Dem tell u say we no wan migrate too?  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2008
aktopgun:

good for u girl. remember me in your kingdom. enjoy it big time.  grin

LIVESTOCK:
awon enemies try bid am down to N8 today but the buyers beat them and it closed at the day's high.
that however tells me that profit takers are setting in, from the Dragonfly doji it did today. Not particularly a good sign.

ETERNAOIL
positive candles for this one. since we talked about it last week  wink its gone on a run and has opened higher and closed higher the last 3 market days. all the candles have long bodies(good) and are other indicators are beginning to wake up as well

AKT, thank you very much for your overflowing kind gestures.  I have no qualms awarding you this honour:  You are the Nairaland  - AKTOPGUN, NSE, GCON, JIJO, JP
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2008
loma:

@Ololufemi,

I don miss your praise-singing no be small! Please recite F02's complete oriki make we hear.

That CCNN na real convergence between F02 and AkTopGun. I no dey miss convergence stocks like that, right at the confluence of River Niger and Benue!  The only way to flow now na North!

@AktopGun. See synonyms for Arsenal. Let me know if you need more

ammo dump, archives, armory, artillery park, assembly line, assembly plant, atomic arsenal, atomic energy plant, attic, bank, basement, bay, bin, bindery, boatyard, boilery, bonded warehouse, bookbindery, bookcase, box, brewery, brickyard, bunker, buttery, cannery, cargo dock, cellar, chest, closet, conservatory, crate, creamery, crib, cupboard, dairy, defense plant, depository, depot, distillery, dock, dockyard, drawer, dump, exchequer, factory, factory belt, factory district, feeder plant, flour mill, glory hole, godown, gun park, hold, hutch, industrial park, industrial zone, library, locker, lumber room, lumberyard, magasin, magazine, main plant, manufactory, manufacturing plant, manufacturing quarter, mill, mint, munitions plant, oil refinery, packing house, park, plant, pottery, power plant, production line, push-button plant, rack, refinery, repertory, repository, reservoir, rick, sawmill, shelf, shipyard, stack, stack room, stock room, storage, store, storehouse, storeroom, subassembly plant, sugar refinery, supply base, supply depot, tank, tannery, treasure house, treasure room, treasury, vat, vault, warehouse, wine cellar, winery, yard, yards

So i'm assuming you are saying there is still a lot more in the armoury we can use to win the premiership dog-fight. A lot to blow out man dis-united this season.

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction apart from my portfolio on the NSE  achieving the objectives for the first-half of '08 cheesy cheesy

@Aktopgun

Meanwhile since you are the only recognized pasenger on Cutix flight i think its time to bail for me i know you are long-term on this one but i fit commot profit now plenty of it go do some shopping and connect again in anticipation of their Q3 results i think the results are due anytine now sha. I go still leave some KG's on board

The RSI is ~99 way OVERBOUGHT and the price is trading VERY close to its upper Bollinger band of 24.01 and momentum way too close to the upper +ve value  all these  point to an overheating and OVERBOUGHT condition and most likely due for a trend reversal. The MACD divergence between the 25 and 12-day EMA is +ve so this is a seriously bullish trend

As for my candles i think they are telling me its forming a shooting star  which is a potential bearish reversal pattern.  Need you to please light your own candle to confirm. Heavy volume traded today may be a possible confirmation
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ YODI

Quote from: windywendy on Today at 04:19:06 PM

Pumping no talk anything thing before I buy ooo
Windywendy is one of the deep pocket ones, she always has money to buy and she always dey buying gear!!

Just caught up- reading up 15 pages no be easy wor

@Obalende,
I think I replied your email. Na very long email sha.

Remember you have time on your side.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2008
wanaj0:

I am disappointed!!!! Thought you will break the bank for that one so that you can get return money tongue

I wanted to break the bank o, but na so I see one FBI agent dey there dey bone seriously with im aktopgun47, so I just kuku simmer. I no like return money wahala at all, although they returned the exchange rate difference -- I would have preferred if they used that one to allot additional shares  wink yeah right abi?  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2008
As per Unity Bank matter - They will probably want to sell the PO at a round figure  like 10 - 12 Naira. To achieve this, the market price must be above this range to relect some sort of "discount".

This is my speculation sha.

Disclosure - I dont own the shares and neither am I buying.

Like I said be4 all insurance cannot be on TS at the same time - at least we are seeing that unfold.

Disclosure - I no longer have Insurance shares - But I plan on buying some  if my liver agrees.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2008
aktopgun:

all u said is true girl but also notice it traded as low as 9.35 today. that tells me that some people were there just trying to kill the price increase today and the assassins will probably try again tomorrow. if they succeed (pleasantly surprised if they don't) the price should drop but probably not by much in the initial instance. tommorrows candle will reveal if the bulls are up for the fight they have on their hands on this one

But you have to note that Unity lost 3 days in a row and just went positive again. I think we are all getting used to stocks that just rise in one direction. So for me, there was more buying pressure today for the dip to be halted.

The trend has been bullish all month. A few dips here and there.

As far as this month is concerned, the stock is on an up trend. It has moved slowly but steadily from the low of N8.11 to the current price of 9.85 and I think today is the first day that the high for the day crossed N10. In that time the stock has dipped several times but the net effect is for it to inch higher and personally I think it is getting some help.

I have a bit sha and I like the movement.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2008
RoughCut:

So i'm assuming you are saying there is still a lot more in the armoury we can use to win the premiership dog-fight. A lot to blow out man this-united this season.

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction apart from my portfolio on the NSE  achieving the objectives for the first-half of '08 cheesy cheesy

@Aktopgun

Meanwhile since you are the only recognized pasenger on Cutix flight i think its time to bail for me i know you are long-term on this one but i fit commot profit now plenty of it go do some shopping and connect again in anticipation of their Q3 results i think the results are due anytine now sha. I go still leave some KG's on board

The RSI is ~99 way OVERBOUGHT and the price is trading VERY close to its upper Bollinger band of 24.01 and momentum way too close to the upper +ve value  all these  point to an overheating and OVERBOUGHT condition and most likely due for a trend reversal. The MACD divergence between the 25 and 12-day EMA is +ve so this is a seriously bullish trend

As for my candles i think they are telling me its forming a shooting star  which is a potential bearish reversal pattern.  Need you to please light your own candle to confirm. Heavy volume traded today may be a possible confirmation

this guy, this guy, this guy!!!!!!!!!!!

u be true son of ur mother. original winch person!  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

i don tell my broker to look in some of my profit sharpish. i no dey greedy. i don doo over 100% on this one ke. i don use am board one insurance company like that(i hope he gets the company to buy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Windy Wendy,

My sister congrats on the MTN offer. More grease to your elbow. No carry your money go unitybank oh. It is too risky now. Look inside insurance for now or banking, opportunities dey there. Besides on unity u can just do only about 25% max nowand the fear of TS is the beginning of --------

, but e get one bank wey go be the bomb soon.
Its difficult to get it now though.

Thank you jare. But me don already enter unity bank, though my entry price was around the N8 range. It will take some real bad news to dip the price below that range. I know it's a risky deal ( i knew that going in) but it's a calculated risk, the odds of which will almost certainly turn out in my favor.

On this bank wey go be the bomb, how far? wetin be the code name?  cheesy na so-so code we go dey talk from now on  cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2008
loma:

These companies are expected to float their Offers soon
Union Homes (REIT)

Hmnn  SKYE REIT is listing tomorrow let's if we can gatecrash the party!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2008
Well, if you never jump on the OandO train now, it may be too late OOOO. That's another AP in the making. Make man just dey use style dey gather that one.

Well, need to do thanksgiving for Cappa and Dalberto. Almost 100% already this year alone. make I just sidon jeje their dey rest. Na only week 9 we just dey enter and it has blown target already.

Chellarams, what can we say again. Will organise a party once it crosses the 30.00 mark. That's another NAHCO in the making. If they just do another bonus (collected 1 for 1 before), na to distribute Turkey for March be that.

Still watching BOC. Reduced my stake there because the paper profit fit disappear. But I am loving its movement.

Don forget my May and Baker!!! The thing don almost reach 20.00. Funny aspect is that the full year result will not be interesting. 2007 will replay itself with the market dipping towards the end of Q2!! Result cannot just match with the current prices. Not complaining though.

UNTL don start free fall, no shaking as me don disembark.

My Universal Insurance still dey represent but I no see Consolidated Hallmark for nigeriansecurities site oooo. Hope no be under cosntruction dem put am or dem don delist the company Abeg, my kg for that one big ooo

Who get G Cappa to sell? Na only 562 units were sold today. My broker no fit get am to BUY.

Well, better days ahead!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2008
ololufemi:

at pumping,

Oga pumping, no mind all these peeps oh. Where them dey when you, wanaj0 and my  get gbolohun, when them dey when yodiyokun dey settle fight for here, where them dey when ak dey shuttle between labour room and this wonderful thread, where them dey when some people wan break big bol larry crystalball.

where them dey when breeze blow windy wendy commot come bring am back.

Tori plenty for another day.

Ride on my brother.

Break Bigboy Larry crystal ball shocked chei! Where I bin dey for that time make I come do Voltron? Ball wey don help me score plenti goals  grin grin grin

Honestly anytime I come back to read posts here, I'm assured of laughter unlimited!

Tx all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2008
The fear of Windywendy is the beginning of wisdom - however, I know say she don decode pumpings direction sharp sharp.

BUt I don talk am be4 and that be say not all insurance go dey TS at the same time - that na 1st premise.

2nd premise be say - during this bull run nko -- they are all fighting to reach the 7 naira range.

3rd premise - do the remaining deductive reasoning!! grin

CAVEAT EMPTY OOOO

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.