Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,083 members, 7,867,120 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820895 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
@AKT

Only Buhari's dismissed so far but looking like Yaradua will stay.

Still going on.
It's on AIT.
Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2008
samstone4:

@AKT

Only Buhari's dismissed so far but looking like Yaradua will stay.

Still going on.
It's on AIT.
Samstone4 cool cool cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy u really expect atiku's to be upheld?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2008
@aktopgun,
i doubt if atikus own will be upheld, yaradua will continue grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2008
Adamawa State Governor is out!Speaker sworn in as Governor!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2008
odi wa egwu grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ Windywendy

I saw your list of recommended CICO stocks

I don place order for OandO today but e be like say e go tey before they get am have faith my brother

I would be opting out of Dunlop tomorrow. Would you recommend that I still bid in more for oando?

Abi make I use am buy presco if I fit get am?

I would understand that any advice you give me would be at my own risk and I would properly evaluate it before I place a buy order.

So abeg wetin u think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2008
For those of you going to Maiduguri on the night bus,I will recommend locking in some profit soon.Cos the speed the bus dey carry,when e catch break na many people go want get out at once.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
aktopgun:

looks like yar'adua remains president. abi i no get am my learned brothers (lawyers) on here.  cheesy  cheesy

So the NSE party continues, no boat rocking yet o! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
@BHG

I think you mean AP regarding the PO.
O and O is not doing a PO, although expected to do so sometime soon.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ Nairalanders

All major issues decided in favour of Yaradua but the judge wants to address the minor issues in addition.
In other words will be a shocker if he now says Yaradua not to continue.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BHG: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2008
samstone4:

@BHG

I think you mean AP regarding the PO.
O and O is not doing a PO, although expected to do so sometime soon.

Samstone4 cool cool

That's true Samstone4.i mean't AP PLC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2008
samstone4:

@ Nairalanders

All major issues decided in favour of Yaradua but the judge wants to address the minor issues in addition.
In other words will be a shocker if he now says Yaradua not to continue.

Personally i think all this business with tribunals and appeals is all academic everyone is just going through the motion.

Let's even assume for one minute Yar'Adua's election is annulled and a re-election ordered then what alternative have we got?

Buhari and/or Atiku i mean that would be a joke.

Yes the elections and the process by which we have elected our president is not credible and will never stand up to scrutiny anyday but the point is we dont have credible and serious alternatives so i dont actually see the point of the whole exercise! You annul Yar'Adu'a's election and by some fluke Atiku wins the re-election that will be taking 5 steps backwards for each step forward
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ Nairalanders

Shock! Horror!!

Judge decides that Yaradua to continue.

Excluded voters did not sue that they were not allowed to vote!!

Maurice Iwu ought not to have been joined in his personal capacity.

There were substantial compliance in the disputed states.

Non binding of ballot papers nor non-serialisation did not affect outcome i.e. no evidence

Failure to include the correct logo of one of the contestant - no evidence that any voter was deceived by this and did not substantially affect outcome.

Still going on but as we used to say after crossing the Sahara by foot without assistance - the rest is history.

The irregularities did not substantially affect the outcome of the election.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
Now I believe Sahara Reporters.A deal was struck with judges.

Yaradua will start dealing with people now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ Roughcut

I think Yaradua will be best to reform the electoral system.

Buhari would have made a very good effort but can't trust him not to insert some antidemocratic terms. He would have been very good for fight against corruption.

No comment on Atiku.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2008
samstone4:

@ Nairalanders

Shock! Horror!!

Judge decides that Yaradua to continue.

Excluded voters did not sue that they were not allowed to vote!!

Maurice Iwu ought not to have been joined in his personal capacity.

There were substantial compliance in the disputed states.

Non binding of ballot papers nor non-serialisation did not affect outcome i.e. no evidence

Failure to include the correct logo of one of the contestant - no evidence that any voter was deceived by this and did not substantially affect outcome.

Still going on but as we used to say after crossing the Sahara by foot without assistance - the rest is history.

The irregularities did not substantially affect the outcome of the election.

Samstone4  cool cool cool cool

u seem surprised  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

we say there were irregularities but not enough to have affected the end results. interpreting that drivel into english simply means we opted for less than the best, less than the nigerian people deserve. although there is the argument that a people deserve the leader they get.

either way, i personally don't see how the nigerian people benefit from this. even if the judge had upturned the result, what were the options fpr nigerian voters? Atiku or Buhari. C'mon

We still have a little ways to go i believe but i am hopeful we will get there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gfrey(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
@kg
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gfrey(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2008
@kg
God bless u guys 4 opening our eyes!
Av alreday bought shares in both Zenith and FirstInland banks, am kind of new in this, pls give me any tip(incldg nos) so as to maximise my profits,
tnx a million,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

ELECTION OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND YARADUA UPHELD BY THE COURT.

THE MARKET PICKS UP FROM THIS MOMENT.

HAPPY BULLISH RUN, !!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Dolly1

Tiwantiwan dey here oh ! , i dey go to and fro, looking for tickets for these buses , no shave my head in my presence , grin
AkCandle , na our Dean for faculty of Applied Candle-Cognosis for this place oh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2008
i wish i dey that China bound plane with yarradua , grin by now dem go don dey distribute hampers , na buffet dem go give passenger ! im go be like those that entered those memoriable long flight like AP, NASCON , at the right ticket
WASKY-WAJA:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

ELECTION OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND YARADUA UPHELD BY THE COURT.

THE MARKET PICKS UP FROM THIS MOMENT.

HAPPY BULLISH RUN, !!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
Politics and business
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2008
samstone4:

@ Roughcut

I think Yaradua will be best to reform the electoral system.

Infact that is one of the ways Yar'Adua can redeem himself and probably leave a legacy after his presidency
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
what can i say,

longman did drop today. hmmmn wink (1-6 days)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2008
As expected, oando is flying and so are many of its mates in that sector. 4 of them make up the top 4 gainers today with chevron leading the pack
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
wapco still hemorrhaging. lost full 5% today. wonder what the candlestick for today will look like. na wa o. its looking attractive at these prices ke. the company isnt that bad ke.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by imiegba1: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2008
Please post link for today`s price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
aktopgun:

wapco still hemorrhaging. lost full 5% today. wonder what the candlestick for today will look like. na wa o. its looking attractive at these prices ke. the company isnt that bad ke.

that is active haemorrhage-o, you see what I mean? It's going to get even more attractive and guys will pounce on it, driving the price to the reasonable level. I may be tempted to get me some more, for the reason boldened above. But it's just my thought, no recommendation. Will see what the candles say after today's market close.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2008
imiegba1:

Please post link for today`s price

dont have it sorry.

looks like wapco is coming dangerously close to its support level of around N60. lets see if it bounces off that. its now trading below its 10, 20,50,200 and 500day EMAs. other indicators pointing negative seriously too ie the rsi, macd and macd histogram.

if it bounces off its support it would be interesting. somethings gotta stop this free fall!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
aktopgun:

don't have it sorry.

looks like wapco is coming dangerously close to its support level of around N60. lets see if it bounces off that. its now trading below its 10, 20,50,200 and 500day EMAs. other indicators pointing negative seriously too ie the rsi, macd and macd histogram.

if it bounces off its support it would be interesting. somethings gotta stop this free fall!
a 60-70 naira firm paying dividend of 1.2 naira, thats a disgraceful dividend yield of just over 1%, hence the haemorrhage. and its the 2nd year of paltry dividend policies
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
aktopgun:

Looks like the market did not react favourably to  PAT of N13.9B for FY '07 which is about 2.5% better than FY '06 and N1.20K  dividend. Cement prices are flying through the roof though and dont see a let-up soon until the importation of cement is sorted out.

I bet some powerful lobbyists will make sure that does not happen soonest

Will be interested to know what the candles are saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.