Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (813874 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2008
The market is interesting today, people are diverting their loots from the Insurance sector to the Petroleum/Oil sector,
If there is anything i learnt in my very early days from Guru Frankiriri - hold fundamentally sound stocks. (When the sh*t hits the roof, the downfall no go funny o, ) Infact, Aktopgun no go fit handle all the pyscho patients,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ hardmoney, this enquiry about some white men coming in seems a little out of place to me.
Why not tell them toslip into the country unnoticed and stay in Lagos to conduct their meetings as there are thousands of other whites there.
They coult slib in and out of Nier delta and do their business quietly.
Since they will hire security, no wahala go dey as additional cover dey.
Every country has its own issues so lets not see the naija delta issue as a major deterrent to business.
Search the web for Nigerian tourism and business websites and ask of security.
Others wey dey sneak into this country since are still alive , so no fears.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
invisible!:

@ hardmoney, this enquiry about some white men coming in seems a little out of place to me.
Why not tell them toslip into the country unnoticed and stay in Lagos to conduct their meetings as there are thousands of other whites there.
Every country has its own issues so lets not see the naija delta issue as a major deterrent to business.

Hmmm!! lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2008
loma:

In that case ,Sir AkTopGun

Loma,
Thanks for the pics ur really the man,
keep them coming abi ur get degree for illustration?
Cheers man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Gees, yes na! Do you still believe all these billions used the play the markets are local money? Some white folks are sneaking around in this country buying themselves good shares.
Always see one in my brokers office every two days. We better move up before the start hostile takeovers in our local companies.
For me, I will be holding down some good qty till every stock will see N20.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawuyi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
Does anyone know if Daar communications is a good buy?? Does anyone have any info on the company?? Especially raw data not just what we're "feeling"? smiley

By the way does anyone here have his/her portfolio diversified into bonds/non equity mutual funds or other alternative instruments either within the Nigerian market or outside?? Can we discuss those in here as well or we should start another thread for it??

Cos u know what Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffet say, you gotta have some level of diversification to protect against a market slump.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
Oh Tripple Gee kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2008
The Stock Market - 260208
Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008
The NSE All-Share Index was down by 24 basis points at the close of today’s session, as speculators sold out of positions in some small- cap stocks to lock-in profits.

The bearish trend in the banking sector continues, recording more declines than advances. Profit- taking on Fidelity Bank ensured it closed below the N12 mark at which it had hitherto found support.

At the close of trading, it shed 4.9% to close at N11.79. IBTC Chartered Bank following a strong start, gave in to offers, buckling marginally at the close of the session.

In the insurance sector, profit-taking was the order of the day. NEM Insurance recorded handsome patronage towards the end of the trading session when it traded on bid at maximum price; however incessant offers left it with a 4.4% rise at the close of trading. AIICO had a steady trading pattern, fluctuating within the N7.40 - N7.50 band for a great part of the session; it however closed 2.6% down due to investors locking-in profits.

Sellers also drove the price of Lasaco and Mutual Benefits to minimum for the day; while Lasaco had a free-fall to close at the lowest price for the day. On the other hand, new entries stemmed the slide of Mutual Benefits to a 3.3% drop.

Unavailable stocks are beginning to resurface in market, as speculators and investors seek to book profits. Nigerian Wire & Cable witnessed huge offers compared to previous sessions; an avalanche of offers dipped it to its lowest price, it however, recovered slightly to close with a 3.8% appreciation.

In the same vein, the likes of AG Leventis, DN Meyer and Livestock Feeds had volumes supplied by investors during the session. However, DNMeyer and AG Leventis still finished 5% up, while Livestock Feeds was only able to sustain a meager price gain. Neimeth, which has had days of persistent rally, closed on offer with a 5% loss. Vono Products remained unperturbed, as bid volumes continued to pile up during the session.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
Invisible,
hi, how was your day.
see my broker who bought

NIWICABLE today at 13:70

UTC 7:13

C&I 13:30

when have even 4gotten i gave those orders. thank God 4 pumping who gave the trade alert phone number and i was logged on yesterday or else i wont have seen all the purchase till he sends my cah statement.
what do i do with these over priced stocks
any hope for them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2008
@debenz

which part of my name resemble dat yeye team's name? cheesy cheesy cheesy

u just want make i mention their name and i will resist it!! get thee behind me satan cheesy cheesy cheesy

only kidding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2008
invisible!:

You spoke my mind.   Let them do SIRO - Sneak In Rush Out grin grin grin grin grin  Many expatriates in Niger Delta have been doing that.  Some even now do DIDO - Dash In Dash Out, or if that one no safe reach, do Jump In Sneak Out - JISO.  AKT, check your Candle now for this while people movement grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
ACL:

Invisible,
hi, how was your day.
see my broker who bought

when have even 4gotten i gave those orders. thank God 4 pumping who gave the trade alert phone number and i was logged on yesterday or else i wont have seen all the purchase till he sends my cah statement.
any hope for them

Did you put a cap or date limit on your order? Always do!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
loma

No,i did not.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2008
ACL:

loma

No,i did not.

Ok. So you can't really complain to your broker.

Anyway, no real need to panic yet because you can't really say what will happen to these stocks. You may still be able to sell at a profit short term. This week is generally bearish though so don't be too alarmed if you see dips this week already.

Things may pick up next week though I have to admit fundamentals don't support any of the stocks above but worse stocks are doing well.

I will still stick out for CI Leasing though. There is real expectation regarding the full year results and "rumour" of bonus.

Don't be greedy. If you get 10% net, bail out since you are not comfortable with current prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2008
ACL:

Invisible,
hi, how was your day.
see my broker who bought

any hope for them

Have been studying c and I If you hold on to C & I  there is a bit of an upside for it price wise.  However there is a goodnews about the company.
I cans say much about the other two.
Hope this helps
Happy investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
thanks for your contribution.

Pumping : many thanks 2 u for the trade alert. just a call and i was on. these was something i paid 6,000 for 2 yrs ago and i couldnt get logged. am very grateful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Topgun, WindyWendy,et al

is Capoil good for WIWO? it has been free-falling 4 a while now. is it fundamentally ok?

my stockbroker has not been able to buy any stock for me for some weeks now. all the ones i request him to buy never go through, even the large traded volume ones!!!
i now need to change my tactics!!

thx

The Admiral
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by obiguy(m): 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2008
Hello people, i really want to start buying shares, yeah i know its late and all, but i just picked interest of late and i dont actually reside in nigeria, but visits always, anyone who can put me thrue please i will appreciate, personal contacts will be appreciated as well: obinwannem@aol.com

thanks,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2008
ACL

Please can you post the number you called to sort out your trade alert. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
This one when i don dey come house late, how i wan dey keep up with this "speed of light" thread

anyway God dey!
i wan report my broker give SEC for Negligence of responsibility
why e be say dem dey always no buy my stocks?
dem send which follow my own mandate!

as i dey so i wan go invest for Aboki Kiosk now, at least i go see am buy grin grin grin grin grin

on a more serious note i feel very upset with those guys at STANWAL SECURITIES

@AKTopGun
you be like better Chelsea fan grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ all gurus and non gurus

Just as ACL quoted, why bother bidding for stocks that are already on a moving train when there is a high possibility that it would not be bought until the price sky rockets.

It doesnt make sense.

in my own best opinion, why dont you look for stocks that are stagnant, downtrending abeg no mind ma english o with a possibility of an upswing and take positions there before the markets realises them

Going by that opinion, I have selected a list of 3 stocks I have noticed are on a downtrend or stabilizing that I would like to take positions in and I would appreciate it if you could shed more light on them.

bigtreat
Nascon
ikejahotel
Japaul
wapco

Wanaj0, easimoni, pumping, aktopgun, windywendy, my daddy napoleon, and every other gurus and gugurus wey I no mention. abeg make una shed light

Because I don place order for oando and eternaoil and I can bet all ma nse money e no plenty o say dem fit no get those stocks buy for me this week.

So please shed light on this stocks on a possible downtrend and others that might be joining soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2008
What is happening to FCMB, IPO certificates are coming out, no 9mth result, price no fit waka,

I noticed the same thing happen to Diamond (just replace IPO with GDR).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
TY
Before I answer what is your time frame?
I suggest Wapco and Japaul for the > 6 month target with at least 20% capital appreciation.
Wapco @< 65 its performance warranted the down slide in price but they are not going any where, your money is not going to disappear hopefully,
Unless all those housing projects in Lekki dont use cement or the demand for its products reduce which is not near

Japaul @ <15 Japaul is still in the monopoly, just like C and I only ones in the sector however that sector is a lucrative money spinner believe they'll reward investors well. Niger delta issues will subside,

Caveat emptor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dokun23: 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
aktopgun,fof2,wanajo,
can u guys please reccomend correct broking for me.don tire for all this rubbish firms
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 12:50am On Feb 27, 2008
ty_ademolu:

Just as ACL quoted, why bother bidding for stocks that are already on a moving train when there is a high possibility that it would not be bought until the price sky rockets.

Going by that opinion, I have selected a list of 3 stocks I have noticed are on a downtrend or stabilizing that I would like to take positions in and I would appreciate it if you could shed more light on them.

bigtreat
Nascon
ikejahotel
Japaul
wapco
3 ke? na 5 i dey see there oh grin
anyway your best bet there is NASCON,if it drops tommorrow.
it will be trading very close to its base-price.

CAVIAR EMPTY OOH
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 1:07am On Feb 27, 2008
debenzd:

@hbrednic

I dey that Vitafoam ride o!
Na since December i dey wait. it looks like it was worth the wait afterall.

wellcome on board my sister,patience dey pay well well.
de dividens na garrah,but some people no understand so the vex commot.
now the doors are closed,so no CICO,DIDO or SIRO is allowed here.
the pilot will take care of the HANGINGMAN,till we get to kafanchan so NO-SHAKING.
have a nice ride.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 1:09am On Feb 27, 2008
@KRUSH
Thanks for the information.

I should be discussing with IBTC agents shortly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:20am On Feb 27, 2008
beginner:

ACL

Please can you post the number you called to sort out your trade alert. Thanks

Pumping's post on trade alert

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.16416.html#msg1974798
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:47am On Feb 27, 2008
ty_ademolu:

It doesnt make sense.

in my own best opinion, why don't you look for stocks that are stagnant, downtrending abeg no mind ma english o with a possibility of an upswing and take positions there before the markets realises them

bigtreat
Nascon
ikejahotel
Japaul

wapco

Wanaj0, easimoni, pumping, aktopgun, windywendy, my daddy napoleon, and every other gurus and gugurus wey I no mention. abeg make una shed light

Because I don place order for oando and eternaoil and I can bet all ma nse money e no plenty o say them fit no get those stocks buy for me this week.

So please shed light on this stocks on a possible downtrend and others that might be joining soon.

I will consider the first 4 I bolded. Wapco will rebound but the high nominal price will stop it from moving significantly until some significant result comes out.

Nascon is for positioning against Q-3 or Full Year result. Here, you will need some patience.

Ikeja Hotels is for positioning against the FY or Q-1. The low nominal price is a big advantage. One thing here is that insiders will pounce first, so if you're not in when they start buying out, getting in will be hard, even if the result is still far away. Check out Avon Crown Cork this year and Beta Glass late last year and you will understand what I mean.

Japaul is just a sentimental stock. It should move again once it is ready and it usually does not rest for long.

Big Treat has dropped significantly and I think it did not make the 5% today. Due to the large volume of shares from the PO and those trying to lock in profit, I don't know if this will be a sudden turn around or if it will drop even further. You may consider buying gradually.

Happy investing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 1:58am On Feb 27, 2008
@ Pumping777

How about UnionDicon?

Its been on a steady decline for the past 3 trading days now. Any news?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 27, 2008
@AKTOPGUN,
Abeg how i go fit get that ur charting software?
I need am. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.