Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817858 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2008
dont trust these prices yet. wait for the nigeriansec.com to update theirs. the one they have now will surely be updated in a few hrs cuz if u look at their dunlop there is a discrepancy

they report the opening price at 6.12 and say the low for the day is 6.30

on the NSE website itself, it says dunlop opened at 6.42, closed at 6.42 with a net change of .30 based on the friday closing price of 6.12

the prices will change. the only thing i can deduce is that the closing price for the day appears to be the 6.42. opening, high and low prices need updating

this is sheer incompetence on the NSE's part though
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2008
aktopgun:

don't trust these prices yet. wait for the nigeriansec.com to update theirs. the one they have now will surely be updated in a few hrs because if u look at their dunlop there is a discrepancy

they report the opening price at 6.12 and say the low for the day is 6.30

on the NSE website itself, it says dunlop opened at 6.42, closed at 6.42 with a net change of .30 based on the friday closing price of 6.12

the prices will change. the only thing i can deduce is that the closing price for the day appears to be the 6.42. opening, high and low prices need updating

this is sheer incompetence on the NSE's part though

Check Zenith securities but it looks like what you are saying is confirmed on zenithsecuritiesng.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2008
it seems they have done some corrections on NIGSEC.

opening-6.12
high-6.42
low-6.30
closing-6.42

this would produce a grreen closing marubozu
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2008
This thread dey move fast OO!!!!!

For those collecting the FBN loan, major drawback is the monthly repayment of the interest. It can impact on your cash flow!!!!

For those lokking for sound fundamental stock ETI is one. Not sure what is holding it down. Whenever it will desire to move, it will hit the roof tops.

OandO is still doing welll and that will continue for a while.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2008
aktopgun:

it seems they have done some corrections on NIGSEC.

opening-6.12
high-6.42
low-6.30
closing-6.42

this would produce a grreen closing marubozu

O ya speak English now, Meaning?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2008
wanaj0:

This thread dey move fast OO!!!!!

OandO is still doing welll and that will continue for a while.

I think OandO has left the stable!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2008
@AKtopgun
@samstone

http://www.gapbridgemfb.com/

i noticed that he has my surname as well  

se make i kuku help you spell your full name and work address as everybody don know am now? On a serious note, don't you think you are over exposing yourself for a faceless forum?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2008
@roughcut

a green closing marubozu is a bullish candle but u are right that a correction is coming soon i think( cuz if we use NSE prices, na dragonfly doji the thing form! i believe the NSE site till proven otherwise)

on the nig sec website o, it still records this ( i am a bit distracted today, pls excuse me)
opening-6.12
low-6.30

see the discrepancy? this is why for now i would go with the NSE website till otherwise proven
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2008
afamako:

@AKtopgun

se make i kuku help you spell your full name and work address as everybody don know am now? On a serious note, don't you think you are over exposing yourself for a faceless forum?

@afamako

point taken, but cuz the guy has the same surname as me doesnt mean i know him does it. the name is quite popular as it is and i would love to attach myself to such people.

also, my full name isnt on this forum is it? even my work address.
however, i take ur point sha. i hope say i never offend the assasins amongst us. make una no vex o! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

a green closing marubozu is a bullish candle but u are right that a correction is coming soon i think( because if we use NSE prices, na dragonfly doji the thing form! i believe the NSE site till proven otherwise)

Abi o na the thing we i see be dat o my bro. na im be say we go wait till tomorrow be dat now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ AKT

I'm not one of the assassins although I agree with Afamako.
Discovered a long lost person on this forum recently.
I don't disclose my identity because I want to be able to discuss freely.
Back to Gapbridge, what's your take on it?

@Wanajo

Got some O & O on your advice recently. Been gaining maximum since then.
Wish I had been able to buy more but even the small amount I received was fortunate as I hear it is very hard to obtain.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
samstone4:

@ AKT

I'm not one of the assassins although I agree with Afamako.
Discovered a long lost person on this forum recently.
I don't disclose my identity because I want to be able to discuss freely.
Back to Gapbridge, what's your take on it?

@Wanajo

Got some O & O on your advice recently. Been gaining maximum since then.
Wish I had been able to buy more but even the small amount I received was fortunate as I hear it is very hard to obtain.

Samstone4 cool cool

Evidence that your broker na AGBERO broker!!! Hope you get up to 1m units though tongue Then you wont need to work again.

RoughCut:

I think OandO has left the stable!

OandO seems to have a lot of energy OOO. At this rate, N300.00 may be the train stop!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2008
Cappa & D'Alberto almost returned 100% already.

If you get liver and an AGBERO broker, you may jump on G CAPPA (maybe Cappa na dia father).

John Holt will likely follow SCOA (John Holt is a useless company)

Dangote Flour will likely push Dangote Sugar up!!! Last call to join the Dangote Sugar train.

May and Baker getting to buying range. AIICO seems to have bottomed out.

OandO is full of energy. WAPCo is adjusting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
@wanaj0,
Do you see Dangote sugar passing 50-52 naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2008
RoughCut:

I cashed out my holding in UBN for the same reasons highlighted in your post and i'm riding on the FBN 'ketekete' wey we go take enter JERUSALEM TRIUMPHANTLY.

I just read a report that FBN has got the MUBADALLA the  Telecom operator's account.  Mubadalla is the Nigerian arm of the Etisalat Telecomms of  UAE.

The significance of this is that Mubadalla is expected to start rolling out its Telecomms services in the next 4 weeks and its expected billions of naira will be passing through FBN cofers and apparently FBN was also chosen as the exclusive account holder in the event  that MUbadalla will be raising funds locally and abroad and FBN will be in pole-position for this venture.

Watch the space!

Marshall wanaj0 thank you again o i'm now a converted disciple of FBN spectacular extraordinaire

Hmnnnn   Good days are here!

I beg Elder Napoleon please share with us any news regarding STARCOMMS, INTERSWITCH  and MULTI-LINKS we are waiting on you grin grin grin grin
You are on point with this one. I got returned money from FBN's PO as well. After Rev. Wanajo spoke and I did my due diligence, I started loading up FBN as well. We must ride that ketekete enter Jerusalem.
Where's Elder Napolean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ all
I would have thought UBA will get the MUBADALLA account because of the Bello-Osagie connection to both companies.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2008
wanaj0:

Evidence that your broker na AGBERO broker!!! Hope you get up to 1m units though tongue Then you wont need to work again.

If i get 1M units of Starcomms, 1M units of  Multi-links and 1M units of Interswitch got heavy-duty units of CHAMS already then i will consider retiring to my farm in my local government area. From there i can start running things!

Meanwhile i'm also on the look-out for Mubadalla whenever they decide to show face cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2008
Favour08:

@ all
I would have thought UBA will get the MUBADALLA account because of the Osagie connection to both companies.

I suppose it helped that FBN has a capitalization N1tr . When those guys are ready to hit the market they will be looking for millions if not billions in dollars so having a bank that is capitalized to the tune of N1tr as a partner will look good in the international financial markets.

Telecomms business no be for small boys na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That business is for the big boyz and FBN is just about ready to play in the big-league. Bring it on!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2008
wanaj0:

Cappa & D'Alberto almost returned 100% already.

If you get liver and an AGBERO broker, you may jump on G CAPPA (maybe Cappa na dia father).

John Holt will likely follow SCOA (John Holt is a useless company)

Dangote Flour will likely push Dangote Sugar up!!! Last call to join the Dangote Sugar train.

May and Baker getting to buying range. AIICO seems to have bottomed out.

OandO is full of energy. WAPCo is adjusting.

Ikeja hotels is also gyrating towards striking distance so also is NSLi dey struggle with my conscience for that one!

Oand O has done a disappearing act!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2008
Favour08:

@wanaj0,
Do you see Dangote sugar passing 50-52 naira.

Yes at least in 20yrs time tongue

Just kidding, fair value for Dangote Sugar is 50.00. It should be at that price by April. If not then something is definitely wrong!!!

Favour08:

@ all
I would have thought UBA will get the MUBADALLA account because of the Bello-Osagie connection to both companies.

You are underestimating FBN!!! FBN is in a league of its own.

K2:

You are on point with this one. I got returned money from FBN's PO as well. After Rev. Wanajo spoke and I did my due diligence, I started loading up FBN as well. We must ride that ketekete enter Jerusalem.
Where's Elder Napolean?

Abeg, make una no kill this elephant OOO. Na so 1m people apply for the PO!!! haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even companies were buying the PO instead of using the money for their own expansion.

RoughCut:

If i get 1M units of Starcomms, 1M units of  Multi-links and 1M units of Interswitch got heavy-duty units of CHAMS already then i will consider retiring to my farm in my local government area. From there i can start running things!

Meanwhile i'm also on the look-out for Mubadalla whenever they decide to show face cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You can do that now. With e-mail and telephone, plus a laptop, you are on!!!!

ETI is one of the BEST companies out there. Only God knows what is holding it down!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2008
@wanajo
have u been watching afroil? is it worth buying anytime soon?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2008
RoughCut:

Ikeja hotels is also gyrating towards striking distance so also is NSLi dey struggle with my conscience for that one!

Oand O has done a disappearing act!

Until I know what makes Ikeja hotels better than Tourist and Co, I will watch from a distance. Something is just not right!! For all intent and purposes those two companies are the same!!!!

OandO just dey gather momentum OOOOOO. Na only real Abero brokers fit jump in at that sped. With Cehvron Texaco above 300.00, AP at almost the same rice, OandO MUST get close before slowing down. With plan of a PO, except a serious jerking up of price. If Tinubu now want make I like am, make he just dash a 1 for 4 bonus!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2008
wanaj0:

You are underestimating FBN!!! FBN is in a league of its own.

This one don pass Premier League na Deluxe  Premier League  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2008
@wanajo

it is high nominally speaking in price in the eyes of the ordinary man. at over N230, people see the N2.3m they would need to get just 10000 units as a lot of money to put into one company. besides, its not as liquid as others even if fellas want to buy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2008
@wanajo

i was referring to ETI and why i think the interset in it isnt as it should be but see that change now that its been talked about here wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2008
ngegy:

@wanajo
have u been watching afroil? is it worth buying anytime soon?

No be all stocks dey show for my radar screen!!! Afroil can never show for my screen. Don't know what they are into.

RoughCut:

This one don pass Premier League na Deluxe  Premier League  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You see after the IIL wahala that FBN made a FULL provision for N10bn in a SINGLE accounting year that's when I tied my relationship with FBN!!!! Implication is that any money they get back from IIL na extra profit be that. Now with a N250bn WAR CHEST, na to destroy any one that stands infront of them. You need to see their branch roll out plan. Not like Zenith that will locate branches opposite one another. You can see a strategic plan!!!

If they also decide to sell their stake in Celtel, na another bumper harvest be that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
small digression.

abeg any1 know as moubadala dey recruit? cos na so so big guns full dis zones.

Vitafoam has made 50% grin grin

i cant shout lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
aktopgun:

@wanajo

it is high nominally speaking in price in the eyes of the ordinary man. at over N230, people see the N2.3m they would need to get just 10000 units as a lot of money to put into one company. besides, its not as liquid as others even if fellas want to buy

aktopgun:

@wanajo

i was referring to ETI and why i think the interset in it isnt as it should be but see that change now that its been talked about here wink

ETI actually did a stock split last year !!!!! The high nominal price is not disturbing OandO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2008
@aktopgun

pls shine lite on RTBRISCOE AND VITAFOAM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2008
wanaj0:

Until I know what makes Ikeja hotels better than Tourist and Co, I will watch from a distance. Something is just not right!! For all intent and purposes those two companies are the same!!!!

I may be wrong but from what i have been able to cobble together the Tourist Company of Nigeria TCN used to own Federal Palace Hotels in VI until 1992 when TCN was sold to Ikeja Hotels Plc and now Federal Palace Hotels is one of the jewels in Ikeja Hotels crown. Ikeja hotels now owns 31% of TCN which i assume is the same company you are referring to.

Infact part of the proceeds from Ikeja Hotels PLc PO in '06 will be used to pay for their  51% stake in Abuja Sheraton Hotels + Towers.

I can't understand why Abuja Sheraton is profitable while NICON-NOGA also in Abuja is a loss-making albatross for Transcorp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2008
eniyanman:

agreed ETI is good company. it's been on my radar for a while. i've been waiting (seems forever) to hit N200, but e no gree. i suspect the recent rise in its share price is due to short-termers speculating on a good end-of-year result (which no doubt should be good). i plan to enter after they have sold. i concede that i might have to wait forever to hit N200 sad.

The rumoured IPO really affected the price. A lot of uncertainty. Listing on three exchanges is also not helping. Not all of them can go the NAIJA way.

RoughCut:

I may be wrong but from what i have been able to cobble together the Tourist Company of Nigeria TCN used to own Federal Palace Hotels in VI until 1992 when TCN was sold to Ikeja Hotels Plc and now Federal Palace Hotels is one of the jewels in Ikeja Hotels crown. Ikeja hotels now owns 31% of TCN which i assume is the same company you are referring to.

Infact part of the proceeds from Ikeja Hotels PLc PO in '06 will be used to pay for their  51% stake in Abuja Sheraton Hotels + Towers.

I can't understand why Abuja Sheraton is profitable while NICON-NOGA also in Abuja is a loss-making albatross for Transcorp

You are on the right track. So which of the hotels in the stable of Ikeja Hotels is profitable? There is something that is just not clear in the TCN and Ikeja Hotels relationship. Ikeja Hotels and TCN are both owned by the Ibrus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
eniyanman:

federal palace hotel (conveniently located on the island) is why i like ikeja hotel. hopefully they can finish the renovation and the cash till can start ringing. also, ikeja hotel seem to have a decent profit margin. also i think a large part is owned by the ibru family. these guys run good businesses.

The enitire Ibru family are the majority shareholders in Ikeja Hotels and they also own Sheraton Hotels and Towers in Ikeja strategically located  not far from the Airport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.