Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,089 members, 7,845,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817866 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2008
easimoni, Pumping, Roughcutgold et al

Please do u have any info on PhB PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2008
Ak topcandle
Please make u de repect the pace setters abeg.

when the go Madrid, they make history
when they go to san Siro, they make history.

Please give them some respect.

Meanwhile, did u hear anything about PhB PO? Peace
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2008
aktopgun:

i already have such a hole in my wall grin

as that rough arse supporter would say " NSE we hail thee".

Are you talking about  Man Disunited?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
RoughCut:

At least you are looking at N65 by next weekend. The question is who are those buying though?

Good question! People that like to run after fast moving trains perhaps grin LOL I think its people who see it climbing, and dont know any better unfortunately!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2008
RoughCut:

Are you talking about  Man Disunited?  grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin Champions baby!!

@faketan

respect to who? pretenders to the United throne. Never!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2008
Pumping triple 7, any information on Aiico last year public offer.Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
Naijadr:

Good question! People that like to run after fast moving trains perhaps ;

Train ke? They are running around the tarmac like headless chickens after  jet wey dey fly at supersonic speed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
@PUMPING
I sent you an email. A reply will be much appreciated.
thank u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2008
EKWA:

No info. I dey too but I'm not hopeful.

The allocation formula will be terrible considering the current price of the stock. Na internal Engineering to keep others out of the party.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2008
ACL:

Blueband

Apology accepted.

abeg u said sometimes that u are targeting stocks going for PO so as to buy the rights?
give me some to take position for rights also.

i no dey do CICO my broker na smail  ooo

This was discussed last week and I was made to understand it is risky.I took position some months ago in Union Homes at 7.50kobo.I know they plan a public offer in the first quarter of their new financial year.Deap Capital is another company.I bought this just before they went on TS.My broker tells me I will qualify for the Rights Offer but we have to wait and see.Either way it is an okay investment for me.Sterling Bank-I suspect the merger with EcoBank will not go through.If you read what I posted yesterday with regards to their MDs double speak.5 times he spoke negatively about the merger with only 1 positive statement.In anyway he says we will know in 4 weeks if the merger will go through or not.I suspect they will come out of TS if the merger does not go through and manipulate their share price to a region they can comfortably offer a discount on their Public Offer.Some insurance companies-Law Union has gotten approval to raise money from the market.Mutual Benefit as well.

But timing is important lest you are cut off from the rights offer.And remember this is very long term investment.Look at a 6 months period.Caveat ACTOR sorry EMPTOR
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2008
EKWA:

No info. I dey too but I'm not hopeful.

The allocation formula will be terrible considering the current price of the stock. Na internal Engineering to keep others out of the party.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
ACL na because you want info na him make you accept my apology abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2008
Please somebody say something about PhB PO. Any rumours yet?

Blueband mag, , Pumping, AKUnited, easimoni Rough[i]cut[/i][s][/s]gold. Una no get info?

Arsenal rules all the same.

Abeg Aktopgun please answer me. we will settle our differences in the table later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
Well done everybody - continue to sell your fundamental stocks so the price can go down a bit more. People like me would continue to buy. The Indians have taken over our exchange and by the time you want to come back they would have locked you out. My advice even though a beginner, sell some and keep some, it could be the accountant in me sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2008
Well done everybody - continue to sell your fundamental stocks so the price can go down a bit more. People like me would continue to buy. The Indians have taken over our exchange and by the time you want to come back they would have locked you out. My advice even though a beginner, sell some and keep some, it could be the accountant in me sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2008
blueband:

ACL na because you want info na him make you accept my apology abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

not at all, it was vivico that started the apology thing.

i never took offence when u sent the post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2008
ACL

HAHAHAHAHHAHA, Vivico was being sarcastic and his post was actually not aimed at you but at some French Warrior. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2008
beginner:

winch!!  grin  grin

are u sure u won't consider changing ur name from beginner? u sure don't sound like one  grin

anyway. we all have investment objectives (i hope) and that should help guide our decisions. each to his own.

the fellas who have sold their fundametally sound shares are no fools at all, they have been around the block a few times but ur line of thinking is quite plausible too.

As i said earlier, the NSE is ever so unfaithful and unforgiving at that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2008
@faketan

sorry man, i know nothing about bank PHB. i haven't heard anything either but will share once & if i do grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kolatk(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2008
Kindly help on any information on Dunlop, there is some upward swing this week. can one enter or exit?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Ak
ndewo, thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2008
RoughCut:

Train ke? They are running around the tarmac like headless chickens after jet wey dey fly at supersonic speed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin ;DI just remembered how we used to kill chicken at home, you are so right! But abeg no talk too loud o, lets safely get into the 60s by Monday!
@beginner, abeg buy my COSTAIN from me at N75, infact if you give me N100, I'll sell my small quantity to u right now grin, even RoughCut go sell ALL of his own! Fundamentals ke, understanding how the NSE works is the rule of the game oooh, now its 1st half of the year so different ball game, when bears come, we fit talk, fundamentals never push my banking stocks in over 3mths!! tongue

@kolatk, depend on your investment horizon, I got in 2 weeks ago, and I think I've made 35% or so since then, short timers will soon start cashing out anyday now, I believe right around the N8 mark cause there are many who bought at N4. My target goal is N10 or so, so I'm chilling on my own.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2008
Just got a trade alert for air services.A company I cancelled it's buy order 2 weeks ago.I tire for my broker sef.He was busy apologising.Makes me wonder if this is not a cross trade.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2008
blueband:

Just got a trade alert for air services.A company I cancelled it's buy order 2 weeks ago.I tire for my broker sef.He was busy apologising.Makes me wonder if this is not a cross trade.

see now,even you guru .
tot u said we should always put time limit or what di u call it when give mandate.

keep the Air Service , becos of u it will make 30% in 2 weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2008
@loma and yodiyokun, which one una dey? I see title for front page, click am and was like  shocked shocked, after reading some of the responses I saw there. My fingers just began to type on their own o jare  grin

@CrazyT, you might want to do some background work a bit before disposing of your UTC. The chairman came out on paper a few months (or weeks) back to say that the company had been making profits since May of 07, so they might come out with some results that should excite the market and send the price to you-know-where  cheesy. My opinion  though, plus I don't have UTC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2008
@faketan - I don't have news on Bank PHB. I dey inside too so I have my ears to the ground.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Pumping you never sell your PHB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2008
Thanks pumping,your confirmation pushed me to in turn push my broker who pushed whoever else needed to be pushed,hence I just got a call that my FBN and Access certs are with them now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2008
beginner:

Na lie o, the doors will still be wide open by the time we want to come back. And even if they're closed, we'll be coming back much more re-inforced (what with all the stocks doing like 25% weekly  wink), and will therefore be able to kick open any closed or locked doors.  grin

@rasputinn, i suggest you take the livestock news seriously and sell your livestock if you haven't already. Same goes to bigjay01.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2008
For those that have UTC already and it is a short time play - I will sell now. Cos it seems the chart says its on its way down.

It seems profit takers descended on itlast 2 trading days.

Aktopgun - I no fit fill ya shoes oo, Abeg wetin the candle talk for UTC.

See how Capoil and Afroil just change gear fast fast!!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2008
I am not a guru o.Very far from it.I put a limit on it but my broker said he forgot totally(Bullshit)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2008
How are you guys getting ur certificates for FBN and Access Bank.I tire o

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.