Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820267 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2008
Here is the attachment.  Hope it goes.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2008
Aktopgun - i beg you fit shine candles on the long man wey dey NSE,
I need a second opinion,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2008
@all the gurus in the house

please help me choose two best btw these stocks

Air service
ikeja hotels
fcmb
Nascon
Academy press

Thanks alot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2008
Oga AKTopgun welldone! Na you be my mentor here oh! Abeg, hope you see Oando movement? Is this the time to sell? If not, when? Normally I do short term but right now seems like medium term won't be a bad idea.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2008
my brother if you don hammer I suggest you just ask your broker to sell it at any price! unless say you get up to 2m units that way N0.9 go mean N1.8m for you wink grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2008
Another one.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
@aktopgun,
I ask u make u shine candle for IPWA as NEPA don take light but e be like say na my turn the candle come finish(God forbid bad thing o) Abeg make u use the one wey remain for the pali shine am b4 e finish. I go send you new red ones tomorrow

Thanks a bunch for your response
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2008
aktopgun:

hard to call because its not trending in price and hasnt for a while. if i was to hazard a guess, i would say with the closing prices for the last 2 days  being equal we may have just seen a temporary bottom formed

caveat empty  grin

@cheexy

girl, this is what i said about IPWA earlier . grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
Uluo:

Oga AKTopgun welldone! Na you be my mentor here oh! Abeg, hope you see Oando movement? Is this the time to sell? If not, when? Normally I do short term but right now seems like medium term won't be a bad idea.

yeah right!! tongue grin grin

if i had oando and i had reached my target, i would sell. i think it may be continuing its down fall tomorrow

caveats apply for u Uluo cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2008
@FO2 - No be me dey draw the graphics o, I just dey pick am from store-My hard drive is full of graphics from all over.

@WindyWendy; Wetin be tatafo? Original Mama Bakkasi cheesy Na my alert no work well, instead of alerting me to your stock posts, na when you dey advise husband and fine my phone dey ring!

@AktopGun- Shey u say' No cause for control on Cutix, if everything is under alarm, that one good be that grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
aktopgun:

@cheexy

girl, this is what i said about IPWA earlier . grin

Thanks a lot. I guess i didn't see it while i was reading through. More power to your elbows.

BTW
Am i the only one loving this bearish period. Can't wait to get my hands on bleeding stocks cool

For the guy that wanted to sell IAA, i got it at 3.50 last week through a crossed deal. Ireally wonder why your price is so high. I smell a[b] BIG RAT[/b]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Wanaj0,

Were you that sole market maker that purchased 50,000 units of Thomas Wyatt today? Our Ajebo brokers were not able to get any for me , are you going to cross-trade with me ?

@Aktopgun,

Shine your light on Dunlop for me please, any more blood on the dance floor ?

@All,

Guess what? I received a Trade Alert from CSCS on my mobile phone today in UK. I didnt pay for it and i'm quite impressed as I don't have to play hide-and -seek with my Account Officer any more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
ayusman16:

Hello guys,

Av got loose N200,000 to invest in stock and hope to get returns in the next 6months. How much do think i can make during that period if i invest and can any credible stockbroker give me analysis on how i can go about that?

hey man. howz it going.

i doubt u'all find any stockbrokers here. We are all civilians here as far as i know but have a lot of silent readers that may include the breed of brokers.
What u may find though is views on them aplenty. especially issues fellas are having with them. cheesy

on how much u could make in 6 months, it depends on what u want but u are in bear territory for now on the NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2008
The stock of Staco Insurance Plc was today placed on technical suspension following the receipt of applicationfor a hybrid issue of rights and public offer for subscription of new shares at N5.00 and N5.50 respectively

@ Pumping, AKTopgun, windywendy, yodiyokun and all,

What do you advice I do with my Staco, I get am plenty with loan at 17% p.a I even get small for my cico portfolio, that one na my money so no shaking.

Please I strongly need your advice oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ bros Londoncool

hope u no see wind for london today. grin here u go.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2008
windywendy:

@Pumping, M&B's forward P/E is like 48 o (projected PAT of about 250, which I believe is fair)! None of the health sector stocks have great fundamentals. Neimeth was good for a 20% cico (like 15% post commission) between last week and early this week tough, but  I won't invest in any of those medium term o, unless there's something good in the offing.

You're very correct o!!! You do well. I no sabi where I see the Q-3 PAT for 330M. Make I carry wetin I don chop comot before I come hear tory  grin grin

Roughcut - Thank you jare. If  no be you I for no start to dey see wetin dey for May & Baker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2008
pumping777:

You're very correct o!!! You do well. I no sabi where I see the Q-3 PAT for 330M. Make I carry wetin I don chop comot before I come hear tory  grin grin

Roughcut - Thank you jare. If  no be you I for no start to dey see wetin dey for May & Baker.

Me sef don shine my eye. May them go bake their medicine, since them be baker. PE 48, how old am I
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Me sef don shine my eye.  May them go bake their medicine, since them be baker. PE 48, how old am I

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

glad to see u are still awake to see the posts from roughcut et pumping and the windy one. hold ur cash or find one nice place stock with forward PE of like 12 put ur money grin grin. Guess. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2008
Pumping abeg my good friend reply me before i go sleep, the new of the TS was shocking.
Abeg reply make my
abi na hat no go attack me for nait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2008
jideakin1:

The stock of Staco Insurance Plc was today placed on technical suspension following the receipt of applicationfor a hybrid issue of rights and public offer for subscription of new shares at N5.00 and N5.50 respectively

What do you advice I do with my Staco, I get am plenty with loan at 17% p.a I even get small for my cico portfolio, that one na my money so no shaking.

@jide

omo, thats steep! lets see, u could try ask ur broker to sell it at a discount if u cant wait till post TS(hope u can keep small profit but that depends on ur entry price)

if u are willing to wait and can service the loan while u wait then by all means do. i have STACO with a projected PE of 27x, not bad for the insurance sector. so it may be a good thing to wait but remember as its been said here several times, the insurance sector is shrouded in secrecy on their figures.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2008
jideakin1:

How much did you buy? Just trying to figure out if you have already made net profit with the loan interest. Also when does the term of your loan end that you need to return the principal?

I think the stock has gone on TS at a relative high price. If you are using borrowed funds, I don't think sticking with Staco now is a such a good idea. First you have to see if it ends up on net bid or offer during TS to even know if you can easily sell and go for something else. There are many opportunities right now that may do better than insurance short term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2008
ngegy:

@all the gurus in the house

please help me choose two best between these stocks

Air service
ikeja hotels
fcmb
Nascon
Academy press

Thanks alot

If I am in your position, looking at fundamentals particularly profit generation/eps/pe and the propensity for growth, I will choose IKEJA HOTELS AND NASCON.
All the best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2008
@shigidi - I no come get any CICO stock for mind now sha. I still dey watch as this week go be.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2008
Oga AKTopgun, i no understand this 'caveats apply' thing. And  i got the oando at a high price after I had cancelled the purchase order. I kept it thinking that it would still go up even if not as much as I had hoped.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
@uluo

Call me "oga" one more time and i go vex for u no be small grin grin

i put the caveats for u cuz i dont want u to blame me or anyone else if u used school fees buy oando and have lost money cheesy cheesy. That na why i dey always try personalize my answers to questions like the one u asked. cheesy

U don dey read and contribute for here for a while so u should know say to add caveats mean say i no fit dey trouble o, i no fit fight. grin grin

On Oando, what price did u buy? have u made any profit yet?

AS i said before, i would sell cuz i personally see it coming south in the short term.

hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ pumping 777, no wahala.
BY THE WAY PUMPING, ive bin loking at IEI and my avice to you is , no shaking!!! RSI leans to 40 right now, its actually back to the price it started at this year. u might want to average out, at this price i see a possible 25-30% CICO. i also think red star express is looking appealing, at 30% from its year high. i still need more time sha. have yo noticed nigerian breweries, that is now amog the top 10 most undervalued stocks on the NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2008
SHIGIDI O!!

Wassup man.

IEI - I have its RSI as 28.14. what say u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2008
shigidi:

BY THE WAY PUMPING, ive bin loking at IEI and my avice to you is , no shaking!!! RSI leans to 40 right now, its actually back to the price it started at this year. u might want to average out, at this price i see a possible 25-30% CICO. i also think red star express is looking appealing, at 30% from its year high. i still need more time sha. have yo noticed nigerian breweries, that is now amog the top 10 most undervalued stocks on the NSE.

Right there, SMA's don cross finally.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
sorry oga AKTopgun. ooops! sorry. I no go forget again No vex. Only sey my mama teavh me to respect person wey [b][senior] me for any matter.  I got the Oando at 267. How about medium term? What do your wonder candles say?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by edwardaigb: 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2008
Good dey everybody, una don do well. thank una for good advise for this place, i dey enjoy all of una. make everybody have a Blessed night rest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2008
Uluo:

sorry oga AKTopgun. ooops! sorry. I no go forget again No vex. Only sey my mama teavh me to respect person wey [b][senior] me for any matter.  I got the Oando at 267. How about medium term? What do your wonder candles say?

cheesy cheesy keep trying i am sure u'all get the hang of it.  cheesy

well well well. u shouldnt have tried to catch a moving train like oando, especially one using jet fuel like it was. N267 was way too high.

looks like u may either have to keep this one for medium to long term (who says it will reach 267 in that time frame anyway but then, who says it won't?) or u could cut ur losses now if u cant wait. u have lost only N1 so far.

remember though that there's been a lot of good press on oando in the last month or so and they appear set for big things in the future (if u believe the press)

All caveats still apply ie the decision is urs and of course the money is urs to do with as u see fit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2008
shigidi:

Thanks for that. I averaged out at N6.00 already. Make I siddon dey look.

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.