Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,126 members, 7,863,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820415 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
cheexy:

Just heard this on the news.

Shoreline Energy International has acquired 60% stake in Nigerian Ropes PLC. I guess that is what has been cooking.

still illiquid though, so what exactly do they do, because i have been looking for information on them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2008
Savvy L
Beautiful car hope the concept comes out fine and the car is carbon neutral with loads of torque,
WORK HARD THEN BELIEVE THE nse CAN AID YOU IN GETTING IT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2008
This Shoreline wants to buy everything?

Costain,Premier Paints,now Nigeria Ropes!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2008
blueband:

E b like say these days to get AK to yearn na to first ask am about Tobe.So AK how is Tobe?
Now,abeg tell me which tock I go consider buy this week.Thanks!Sorry,Iyawo nko?

yeye boy  grin grin grin grin grin grin. stop am o, make i no come ur house now now!!!

u know thats not true  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2008
Does this look like SavvyLanre? grin grin grin grin

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2008
Geees:

Hope they will still post it for those who don't want to go to Iganmu?

I hope they do too. I have not received mine too and will go there if i don't get it by next week wednesday.

Please does anyone have news on when it will be listed? Me wan grab my own loot o, grabdaloot sorry o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
loma:

This Shoreline wants to buy everything?

Costain,Premier Paints,now Nigeria Ropes!

Think their manager won an award for that check this link
http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3765
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2008
SavvyLanre:

still illiquid though,  so what exactly do they do, because i have been looking for information on them.

quite right. the thing is, as an institutional investor has now come on board and I didnt hear of them going on TS for any allowance for a core investor i am assuming some fellas have given up their share to the new investor or am i talking rubbish?

if not then the illiquid status may actually worsen.

abi, where are they going to get the shares to allocate to the new investor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
grin grin grin LOL, LMAO, ROF - @Ioma, you no go kill me for here.
My prayer for you, sadness would not know your address, In Jesus name.
Happiness shall go before you, hang by your side and behind you, in Jesus Name.
Smile shall not be far from your face all the days of our life. In Jesus Name.

You put smile on a lot of peoples face here - including moi,

@Gees - Na God o, if he would by his mercy and grants me the freedom and money to buy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) – Mar 13, 2008 – Shoreline today announced the closing of its acquisition of a Majority stake in Nigerian Ropes PLC a company Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Nigerian Ropes PLC manufactures a wide range of fibre, manila and steel wire ropes conforming to international standards. It’s products are certified by the, Bureau Veritas, Lloyd’s Register of Shipping and the Nigerian Standard Organization

The acquisition heralds Shoreline entry into the wire ropes market in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Speaking in Lagos, Kola Karim CEO of Shoreline Energy international said “This is a very exciting acquisition; it represents the end of a long search for a suitable platform acquisition to enter the wire rope industry. The market for Wire ropes and value added products in Sub-Saharan Africa is exploding; wire ropes have a wide range of market applications that are critical to infrastructure development on the continent including power, telecommunications, marine, oil and gas exploration and services; surface and deep mining; construction; and specialty lifting and suspension applications.”

Responding to questions, Mr Karim added “Our teams have already begun work on expansion plans for the business to expand into the cable manufacturing business to service the power, telecommunication and electrical sectors including manufacturing plants and distribution facilities across the continent. We expect to begin to execute on a growth strategy of building an integrated wire and cable business that anticipates strong organic growth coupled with an acquisition program in the next 2 quarters.”

“We are pleased to join the world class management team at Shoreline through this acquisition” said Mr Carlo Bertani, Managing Director of Nigerian Ropes PLC. “Shoreline has a long history of success in Sub-Saharan Africa and we look forward to working with the Company’s dedicated and talented team to implement a long-term strategy to strengthen our position as the leading producer and marketer of specialty wire ropes. “Today’s announcement marks the next logical step in the evolution of the new Nigerian Ropes,” said Mr. Bertani. “With Shoreline we will continue our aggressive plans to expand through widening our range of products and services as well as executing targeted, strategic acquisitions.”

About Shoreline:
Shoreline is a leading Energy and Infrastructure Group operating in Africa. Shoreline has grown rapidly through acquisition. Recent acquisitions: ABB Electrical Systems (Nigeria), Costain (West Africa) PLC, Schlumberger testing and production (Nig). The Group continues to focus on Integrated Infrastructure and Energy leadership in sub-Saharan Africa.

About Nigerian Ropes Plc:
Nigerian Ropes PLC was incorporated in Nigeria in March 1960, as an associated member Company of BRIDON PLC, the world leader in all aspect of ropes and cordage technology. Nigerian Ropes PLC manufactures a wide range of fibre, manila and steel wire ropes conforming to international standards. It’s products are certified by the, Bureau Veritas, Lloyd’s Register of Shipping and the Nigerian Standard Organization and are use in the oil and gas services, marine , construction sectors amongst others.
# # #
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
bobs loma,
How far u dey manufacture these pics
Sure you have a 500GB hard drive or  shocked
Keep it up man,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2008
Aktopgun
My dear brother, please shine candle on Fidelity. I have too many KG that selling is about half a million loss. I am really considering counting my loss and move on to something positive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2008
beginner:

Aktopgun
My dear brother, please shine candle on Fidelity. I have too many KG that selling is about half a million loss. I am really considering counting my loss and move on to something positive.

Just wait a little. The motto of Fidelity is "WE ARE FIDELITY, WE KEEP OUR WORD". It was on offer today, anyway. It will hit no less than N18 before the year runs out. Don't think you need candle or stick for that. Just wait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2008
shigidi:

@ pumping 777, please help me out with the nine months result for beta glass, i wont to get a clearer picture of their earningsfor december 2007.
please holla back

For Beta Glass Company Plc, the third quarter after tax profit for the period ended September 30, 2007 stood at N514 million, compared with N235 million in 2006, on a turnover which rose from N3.63 billion to N5.4 billion.

From proshare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
Personally, I don't know what's happening in the banking sector. They all appear to be stalling except for ETI.  I bought ETI, IBTC, UBA all based on chart patterns but only ETI took off. I'm in the red a little on UBA and I now feel less confident especially since I didn't sell it off when pumping mentioned he sold his.

I really wonder how long this sideways movement will continue. I'm more of a medium term to long termer but it's appearing as if positive movements should be expected in Q4 2008. If that's the case then I possibly will reconsider my position.

Just airing my thots.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Pumping

What is the probabibilty that Longman will surpass their FY projection? I understand that these company have different business segment, but can what happen to BCC happen to them as well (Can they post 4th quater loss as well)? Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ak thanks so much, I think I'll do as planned, and sell on the uptrend, its only been a week, I must get at least 15% or so from it within the next 2 weeks grin

na wa o for Kola Karim and Shoreline, e be like say I go reenter Costain after April at this rate!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apam: 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2008
Have to give Kudos to KK (Kola Karim) of Shoreline. The young man is hitting all the right notes. I just hope Costain does not return people's money for the PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2008
beginner:

Aktopgun

A few questions how long have you held it? For u to loose so much you must have bought it less than 2 months now so if not pls correct me, please leave FIDELITY for another two months at least let it enter the next quarter and I dare say even 6 months.
You will come back to thank us here,
This is based on the hope that they declare some impressive results, and the fact that there is still a robust NSE.
If you are however pressed for cash then cut the losses, If you ask me I would just go and relax for at least 2 months,
It is still actively traded,

Caveat ,

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
loma:

Does this look like SavvyLanre? grin grin grin grin

Loma: U no go kill pherson so grin

E bi lik say u dey H-town, abi? I go dey yonder 4 april hook easi, so we all fit hook now, include Femo? wetin be ya mail?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2008
Ladies and gentlemen
I dont post a lot but i learn a lot from this forum and in my last forum i explained why i dont do that because i am still learning the ropes. However i must say certain things in this forum doesnt make me happy. We are all here to make Money and this forum should not denigrate to calling people name. I know we are btorugh up from a country with a very rich culture and respect. However too we must call a spade a spade sometimes . we come from a country where we think the old people can never do wrong. dont misunderstand . I respect the elders a lot but we must reciprocate the respect . The way we are brought, if a child misbehaves in present of an elder we take it upon ourselves to "descend " on that child to the extent that elder will be begging for the child . Its only a shame that some elders think they know everything which is wrong. What was done to Elder napolean that has not been done to Pumping, wanajo, aktopgun, windywendysam, 4stone,. if blueband annoyed Napoleon and blueband offered an apology and Elder Napoleon would not accpt it what kind of an elder is that? if blueband was oga napoleon son, is that how he will react?
If you cant accept critism and you cannot forgive, you will not be forgiven
I hate it when People always attack pumping in this foum because that guy is a wonderful guy . Only half baked people will describe others as thin pocketed . It shows how bereft of ideas a person is when you start describing people that way.(money miss road) if you got millions nobody has come here to beg you for your money and for all i care your money is your money and dont mean anything to me
If you are an elder and you cant respect people, nobody will respect you . I will appreciate it better if you tell me why i should buy a stock rather than using underground means to corner allocations to yourself.
i no dey quick vex but i don now . see how enlightened people like aktopgun,easimoni ,grabdaloot,windy , blueband and so many other people to numerous to mention contribute to help everybody here and later you come back to call them names
I am beginning to respect that father of 2 guy. you remember how he left? he said he was very sure they were people here with multiple identity and i think he was right. he didnt stop posting. he only minimised the number of posts . I think that is a more sensible approach. father of 2 no dey vex no matter what and he has the comical way of putting thins across
sorry guys i dont mean to push this further and even though we have agreed to ignore such postings, some people need to be told the truth and maybe that will bring them to their sensing
Pumping I know say you know dey vex and you know a lot of people appreciate what you do for them. you no see as people begin drink panadol for the headache when winchcraft wan cause you. you will never walk alone and keep doing the good job
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 12:34am On Mar 19, 2008
bivins1:

you will never walk alone and keep doing the good job

bivins you talk o - and na strong prayer, And, I AMEN it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:39am On Mar 19, 2008
bivins1:

Ladies and gentlemen
I don't post a lot but i learn a lot from this forum and in my last forum i explained why i don't do that because i am still learning the ropes. However i must say certain things in this forum doesnt make me happy. We are all here to make Money and this forum should not denigrate to calling people name. I know we are btorugh up from a country with a very rich culture and respect. However too we must call a spade a spade sometimes . we come from a country where we think the old people can never do wrong. don't misunderstand . I respect the elders a lot but we must reciprocate the respect . The way we are brought, if a child misbehaves in present of an elder we take it upon ourselves to "descend " on that child to the extent that elder will be begging for the child . Its only a shame that some elders think they know everything which is wrong. What was done to Elder napolean that has not been done to Pumping, wanajo, aktopgun, windywendysam, 4stone,. if blueband annoyed Napoleon and blueband offered an apology and Elder Napoleon would not accpt it what kind of an elder is that? if blueband was oga napoleon son, is that how he will react?
If you can't accept critism and you cannot forgive, you will not be forgiven
I hate it when People always attack pumping in this foum because that guy is a wonderful guy . Only half baked people will describe others as thin pocketed . It shows how bereft of ideas a person is when you start describing people that way.(money miss road) if you got millions nobody has come here to beg you for your money and for all i care your money is your money and don't mean anything to me
If you are an elder and you can't respect people, nobody will respect you . I will appreciate it better if you tell me why i should buy a stock rather than using underground means to corner allocations to yourself.
i no dey quick vex but i don now . see how enlightened people like aktopgun,easimoni ,grabdaloot,windy , blueband and so many other people to numerous to mention contribute to help everybody here and later you come back to call them names
I am beginning to respect that father of 2 guy. you remember how he left? he said he was very sure they were people here with multiple identity and i think he was right. he didnt stop posting. he only minimised the number of posts . I think that is a more sensible approach. father of 2 no dey vex no matter what and he has the comical way of putting thins across
sorry guys i don't mean to push this further and even though we have agreed to ignore such postings, some people need to be told the truth and maybe that will bring them to their sensing
Pumping I know say you know dey vex and you know a lot of people appreciate what you do for them. you no see as people begin drink panadol for the headache when winchcraft wan cause you. you will never walk alone and keep doing the good job

[size=13pt]The more things change,the more they remain the same [/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:00am On Mar 19, 2008
you know the more we post about these issues the more they remain. Bivins many agree with u, but notice that pumping didnt deem it worthy of a lengthy post least we deviate again. Plus Napolean deal was 2 weeks+ ago, lets let sleeping dogs lie o

That said who is on the Dunlop train?
and who dropped off the ABC bus at Ore? anyone else dropping off at Benin?? Me na across River Niger I go follow am go o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:12am On Mar 19, 2008
Femtex:

@ Pumping

What is the probabibilty that Longman will surpass their FY projection? I understand that these company have different business segment, but can what happen to BCC happen to them as well (Can they post 4th quater loss as well)? Thanks

IN the last 2 years Longman has posted great 4Q and FY results. No reason to fear
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2008
pumping777:

Bears dey worry? Make una no worry o. Avoid panic!!!!

Panic buying has turned to panic selling. You need to strategize when selling to minimize and eliminate any loss in fact. It feels even worse to sell at the point of a turnaround in a bear market. Some of these stocks will not fall much lower than current levels so this is not the time to sell. Na just panic selling dey drive some prices down.

The market has been bad but with a well balanced portfolio (and I'm not talking blue chips), overall you can still be in the black. I'm talking of stocks like SCOA, ABCTrans and AGLeventis that have defied gravity. You can use this to net off your losses and reposition your portfolio.

With the recent bearish run, more stocks are emerging as very attractive and one thing you don't want is to miss out on obvious fundamentally sound stocks at such low prices because you bought some wacky stocks that have now lost 20%.

Most of these stocks will soon stabilize in prices because they have been falling for over 3 weeks. I sounded alarm then about a correction but was told to leave folks to enjoy their loot. That is BTW sha. I also got caught in one stock that failed CICO woefully.

My take has always been to wait for this stocks to bottom out and trying selling during a mini bull run that must surely follow for the particular stock after bottoming out. I adviced the guy trying to sell Japaul last week just the same. Since then Japaul has done 15% and he would have cut his losses by 10-15% if he sold today.

For all, I'm sure the lesson has been learnt. No one makes an announcement about when the bears will enter the market.

Anyone looking at Diamond dipping? I warned the house ke. GDR conversion will worry.

Happy investing.

pumping777:

At least me tell una to sell your bank stocks and chop good money elsewhere. Oya, see the UBA I sold at N51 and Diamond at almost N22 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I did not make a profit then but at least I used the money to enter Ikeja Hotels, CIleasing (already out), Lawunion (already out), Chellarams and Beta Glass and I'm looking good.

If I go back and buy those bank stocks now, I have still made reverse profit even if I did not trade with the money.

One way to have some hope of beating the NSE is to be devoid of any sentiments.

See the bold texts, I remember the original posts and the many others posted by Pumping. If anyone has integrity aplenty he has it!! If anyone can be accused of being his brothers' keeper, Pumping fits the bill. If anyone is guilty of contributing selflessly to this thread, he is guilty as charged.

[size=16pt]Case Closed!!![/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 1:22am On Mar 19, 2008
Naijadr:

you know the more we post about these issues the more they remain. Bivins many agree with u, but notice that pumping didnt deem it worthy of a lengthy post least we deviate again. Plus Napolean deal was 2 weeks+ ago, lets let sleeping dogs lie o

and who dropped off the ABC bus at Ore? anyone else dropping off at Benin?? Me na across River Niger I go follow am go o!

Naijadr: I'm inclined to agree with you somewhat, but sometimes certain things need to be said. You will be amazed at how easily some of us are swayed by falsehood and unfounded, ungrounded thinking. All that is required is for someone "they like" to say something and they follow, follow blindly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:25am On Mar 19, 2008
Naijadr:

@NaijaDr

I get jealous when I keep reading excited posts about these short train journeys;quick stops and hop overs.

Even your R T Briscoe hint,I didn't take.

It's like me,I'm on this long 2-vessel boat cruise(UBA and Diamond-all of my folio) across the Transatlantic;Captains have abandond both ships with all of its luggage and passangers,and we seem to be headed for the Bermuda Triangle  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I exaggerate sha. grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2008
Easi: looking forward to our meeting. Told Mr T10, he would have also liked to be there. Hope rain don stop o. smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:31am On Mar 19, 2008
Omoba3:

Easi: looking forward to our meeting. Told Mr T10, he would have also liked to be there. Hope rain don stop o. smiley

No wahala. Rain na only today, next few days will be glorious weather (after a week in yodi-country grin). We'll try to keep it that way till u get here.

T10 dey come H-Town too? T-10, I get shopping list for u! Holla at your boy! grin

Ok, I've pulled a 12-hr day. Good night.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:17am On Mar 19, 2008
Geees:

Think their manager won an award for that check this link
http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3765

I remember reading it on stockswatch on monday. The guy must be on fire then.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 3:00am On Mar 19, 2008
Hi Aktopgun,
Thanks for all your contributions here. I have tried to understand technical analysis using candle sticks but i can't seem to find a book to use or a site to go to. I want to learn how to do it by myself. I know you must be tired of shinning candles very often. Please could you recommend a good book or site to go to, I remeber someone attached a zip file earlier but it couldn't open. Thank you for your anticipated response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.