Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,096 members, 7,845,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817869 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Emekaap: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2008
Anio:

I have enjoyed reading throught this thread as a guest. I have grown from a beginner to possibly the next class (in stocks) and would very much like to be in touch with the new thread on the other site. Please could anyone be kind enough to send me the link my add is aniolarmerje at yahoo

http://www.newnigerians.com/stockmarket_tips_for_nigerians-t274.640.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2008
at last i catch up wit the tread
after spending weeks on the field
@ all
abeg who has the link to the site our people
are moving to now i don mail omoba but it be like say water
don pass gari 4 that him mail

@father of2
baba ke
eku ogon o baba
i nice to see u back in full force
most expecially at this bear time the we need you most
and am also glad you and oga wanajo are still  wit us in this tread o
despit all the truculent time all the gurus as pass 2ru
in recent time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 10:27am On Mar 31, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jumyg: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2008
Thanks Emeka
God bless you. I mailed Omoba and did not reply.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
FO2, WANAJO AND OTHERS ON THIS THREAD.

I am deeply touched and surprised that you guys are still posting here
despite the bandwagon movement. I want to personally salute your courage,
it shows clearly that you guys are mature men and not boys. You have also
demnstrated good leadership qualities. Please keep up the good work, just
know that someone, somewhere is being impacted by your action and
you are appreciated.

In any open forum, people should realise that you are bound to fight, settle
scores and move on, it must never be total. Diverse issues will be raised, and
truth is always bitter and difficult to swallow; wrong approach does not
invalidate the truth or issues being passed across, but we must be seen to
dissect the truth, hold unto it and amend our ways. Abandonment of any
kind does not resolve issues, you are only postponing the resolution day for
it will surely arise later.

A food for thoughts please and have a wonderful investment seasons and be expectant
of the BULL SEASON THAT IS AT HAND AND MAKE GOOD USE OF THE BOUNTIFUL
OPPORTUNITIES.

And your point is ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sureboi: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2008
My oga OMOBA 3 I just dey get internet since last week.

Abeg send me this thingy for bobrusvue@yahoo.com

I appreciate biko.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2008
Sureboi:

My oga OMOBA 3 I just dey get internet since last week.

Abeg send me this thingy for bobrusvue@yahoo.com

I appreciate biko.

This should be what you are looking for

http://www.newnigerians.com/stockmarket_tips_for_nigerians-t274.640.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2008
@father of two,
u are still waiting for DSR to come down to 37.i see the stock hiting 50 soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2008
Seems thiers a buying opportunity in betaglass.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ pumping and omoba

pls mail me the new forum's address

jackies112233 at yahoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ pumping and omoba

please mail me the new forum's address

jackies112233 at yahoo dot com

Check 3 posts above you, you'll see it there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
These Stocks are available for interested investors:

INVESTMENT&ALLIED ASSURANCE -1.80K
OMATEK ------- 3.60K
GLOBE REINSURANCE-----3.00K
CHAMS---------6.50K
These stocks are set for listing sooner than later.
interested investors should call 0806 06 8822 1 or email alliednetw at yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2008
alliednetw:

These Stocks are available for interested investors:

INVESTMENT&ALLIED ASSURANCE -1.80K
OMATEK ------- 3.60K
GLOBE REINSURANCE-----3.00K
CHAMS---------6.50K
These stocks are set for listing sooner than later.
interested investors should call 0806 06 8822 1 or email alliednetw at yahoo.com

Bros, your N4 premium on Chams too much. We fit "price"?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2008
Oga,i only added 30k.CHams is going for between 6- 6.50 in the crossdeal market now.
CROSSDEAL IS WHERE TO MAKE THE KILL NOW IN THE STOCKMARKET!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2008
NigComSat to hold 15% NITEL equity
By Everest Amaefule, Abuja
Published: Monday, 31 Mar 2008
Baring any last minute reversal, 15 per cent out of the 27 per cent equity interest reserved for the Federal Government in the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited, will be bequeathed to the Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited.

This is part of the recommendations of the presidential committee set up by President Umar Yar’Adua to reconcile the position of the Nigerian Communications Commission and the quest of NigComSat to acquire a spectrum to offer last mile telecommunication services.

The committee, chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, is made up of top government officials including the Minister of Information, and Communications, Mr. John Odey and that of Science and Technology, Mrs. Grace Ekpiwhre.

Others are the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission, Mr. Ernest Ndukwe; Managing Director, NigComSat Limited, Mr. Ahmed Rufai, and Director General, Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Irene Chigbue.

On the other hand, the National Committee on Privatisation also chaired by Jonathan, has also received the submission of its technical committee led by the former Managing Director of the defunct FSB International Bank, Mr. Mohammed Hayatudeen.

The report had recommended 27 per cent stake for the Federal Government and an equity of 22 per cent for current majority stakeholder, Transnational Corporation.

This means that the Federal Government will cede 22 per cent from its current 49 per cent holding, while Transcorp will cede 29 per cent from its current 51 per cent holding.

Integrating the two reports, part of Federal Government’s 27 per cent stake in the First National Operator will be bequeathed to NigComSat, which has made a case to enter into provision of telecommunications services to end users rather than being restricted to the provision of bandwidth to operators and other clients.

Our correspondent also learnt that the Federal Government’s reserved shares of 27 per cent may also be split further to accommodate First Bank, which had lost $100m in 2002 to Investors International of London Limited in the bid to acquire 51 per stake in NITEL.

Now you can see the hope of TRANSCORP now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allwell(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2008
Please send me mail allwell@fastermail.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2008
osazeet:

NigComSat to hold 15% NITEL equity
By Everest Amaefule, Abuja
Published: Monday, 31 Mar 2008
Baring any last minute reversal, 15 per cent out of the 27 per cent equity interest reserved for the Federal Government in the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited, will be bequeathed to the Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited.

This is part of the recommendations of the presidential committee set up by President Umar Yar’Adua to reconcile the position of the Nigerian Communications Commission and the quest of NigComSat to acquire a spectrum to offer last mile telecommunication services.

The committee, chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, is made up of top government officials including the Minister of Information, and Communications, Mr. John Odey and that of Science and Technology, Mrs. Grace Ekpiwhre.

Others are the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission, Mr. Ernest Ndukwe; Managing Director, NigComSat Limited, Mr. Ahmed Rufai, and Director General, Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Irene Chigbue.

On the other hand, the National Committee on Privatisation also chaired by Jonathan, has also received the submission of its technical committee led by the former Managing Director of the defunct FSB International Bank, Mr. The Great Prophet Hayatudeen.

The report had recommended 27 per cent stake for the Federal Government and an equity of 22 per cent for current majority stakeholder, Transnational Corporation.

This means that the Federal Government will cede 22 per cent from its current 49 per cent holding, while Transcorp will cede 29 per cent from its current 51 per cent holding.

Integrating the two reports, part of Federal Government’s 27 per cent stake in the First National Operator will be bequeathed to NigComSat, which has made a case to enter into provision of telecommunications services to end users rather than being restricted to the provision of bandwidth to operators and other clients.

Our correspondent also learnt that the Federal Government’s reserved shares of 27 per cent may also be split further to accommodate First Bank, which had lost $100m in 2002 to Investors International of London Limited in the bid to acquire 51 per stake in NITEL.

Now you can see the hope of TRANSCORP now.
nice one man
is realy nice to see u posting at both site
at least we cannot afford toose all the information here

if nicomsat is coming in to nitel i thing dat is a good news
but come to thing of it o
is nicomsat not own by government?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Fatherof2,

I had issues with my internet connection so I only just read your reply.
It was truly gracious of you to reply.

All your comments are noted and I thought I should include a post you made sometime last year. It will serve well for all beginners especially those that think that CICO is magic and they can make it in one week. In addition it also points to the fact that studying is a critical success factor for NSE. it was a response to harrisoft in November. Here goes,

(Nov 20, 2007) My dear friend. This is one observation on this thread. Try and learn to fish for yourself.Don't collect fish everyday.If you have been reading this thread from the start,you will know that one of the first principles of stock trading is setting goals for your self.Exit and entry points.
Now what are your goals?.You have to be brave on your own.Read books and learn to take decisions on your own.
Take stock trading with the seriousness of a bull.
Read financial Newspapers,
Read Punch,Thisday,Financial Standard(Backpage) on sundays.
The writings and signs are written all over them.
Go to Proshare and Buy this Book (HOW TO BUY AND SELL SHARES IN NIGERIA).You'll learn a lot.
I started trading with N700000 in 04' with National oil (Now CONOIL).I learnt on my own very very fast.Now i'm worth a hefty 8 figures(can't mention).
If you want to keep your crusader(longterm) keep it,also if you want to sell by friday and move to Access or Diamond or 1st Bank(Shortterm) do so.
Just be sure that you determine and stick to your strategy(LONG OR SHORT).Once the objective is achieved, move out and move on.
Study Study Study.
Takecare.

I think like Wanajo said, these words are priceless especially for those of us who are immuned to PO and would rather trade in the secondary market plus those of us who are beginners in the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debojyde(m): 2:02am On Apr 01, 2008
Hi everybody. Silent reader of the thread here. Can anybody please send me the link to the new forum. My email add is debojyde@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Atlantic(m): 3:01am On Apr 01, 2008
Where is everybody?. Is this April fool or for real?. Anyway whoever comes back home should let me know the new joint!.
My EM is Tjadeola@ yahoo dot co dot UK

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 3:18am On Apr 01, 2008
You people should try to read the previous posts. The new address has been posted over and over again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gidij(m): 5:14am On Apr 01, 2008
I've got tears in my eyes, and I am not the crying type.
I ask myself, why?

Because of the bond that was carelessly shattered,

And Friends that were rudely torn apart.
We had something monumental going here; lives were being changed,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gidij(m): 5:19am On Apr 01, 2008
I've got tears in my eyes, and I am not the crying type.
I ask myself, why?

Because of the bond that was carelessly shattered,

And Friends that were rudely torn apart.
We had something monumental going here; lives were being changed,

I mourn the exit of such great minds,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2008
@ ernal

why you wan make I drop my email?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by helpme1: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2008
My guru in the house,i have done verification of cert. on cscs and sold part of the shares,after i sold part of the shares and the company(Union) declared bonus before i sold part of the shares, What forms bonus would i receive i.e it is on my cscs account or certificate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by helpme1: 8:57am On Apr 01, 2008
My guru in the house,i have done verification of cert. on cscs and sold part of the shares,after i sold part of the shares and the company(Union) declared bonus before i sold part of the shares, What forms of bonus would i receive i.e it is on my cscs account or certificate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2008
Universal Insurance buys up African Alliance,no doubt this is bound to boost the fortunes of the company in time to come
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2008
Who can bring me up to speed on the certs of international breweries,cos I haven't got mine since,plus the return money
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2008
hi all

Infact the kain thing wey happen for dis thread, na onli God fi explain. The thing really started brewing when Napolean came on board. Please for Gods sake lets al come back here , it was one nice happi family u know. Veri veri peaceful.

Maybe na these bears bring the thing come. Still delighted that FO2 is still here.

Was wondering if anione knows stuff bout GOLDEN SECURITIES private placement. Some advice / info needed please. My broker is selling the idea to me. N1 per unit and min is 50,000 units.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DaJunta(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2008
All 4 One and One 4 All cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RICHNIYI: 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2008
Any information on GOLDEN SECURITIES private placement. I am interested where can I get application and I want to know the closing date

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.