Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820044 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2008
@FATHEROF2,

HOW You DEY? ANY THOUGHTS FOR D WEEK? NA SIDDON LOOK PERSON DEY O! embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bagoma(f): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2008
diva4eva:

Please where is everybody oooooo. Wanajo, windywendy, aktopgun etc cry cry cry. please come back ooooooooo

where have u been? they have all moved on to the new homeland. including all the other gurus and gugurus. cheesy
you can catch them on NewNigerian discussion forums. google it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2008
Thank you bogoma. God Bless You ooo. I have found the site. its www.newnigerians.com. This nairaland is now sooooo dry cry cry. I don pack my bag and baggage grin. Bye people
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2008
its newnigerians.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2008
seun, how come u kip wiping off the name of the website im trying to post. abi u dont like competition. once again people, its Newnigerian and it ends with (s). Hope this helps those looking for our gurus. i am soooo glad i have found them. infact i been miserable for a long time on this site since i got back from my trip
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peace2all(m): 6:37am On Apr 28, 2008
Seun, you were aloud a thread at the new forum.Why wouldn't you allow people to even mention the name of another forum here? I think you are not making friends this way at all. Competition is good. Think about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aksance: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
Atlantic:

Hi All

I got a surprise email from AFRINVEST last week Friday stating that MTN has paid interim dividend for 2008.
As a subscriber to the PP in January 2008, they needed my bank details to credit dividend due to me. (That was one good black news in my red, red, and red potfolio!!!)

The import of my posting here is that MTN and AFRINVEST are pretty much foreign firms, and by any standard paying interim dividend now for investment made third week of January 2008 is quite impressive. Can this happen if MTN or AFRINVEST is a truly Nigerian firm. I doubt it very much. I remember MTN and Chams PPs were out about the same time, any news on Chams??.

I can safely guess that most of us here have done few PPs with wholly Naija companies and have not heard a word in many months. This is another lesson learned for me that, "who is running the company is as important as how much the company will make",

BTW, I do not intend this to be a bashing of Nigeria b/c I love it dearly, but just think we have some ways to go in some basic transparency issues.

note: Afrinvest is a full-fledged NIGERIAN company. If you are so impressed with them, it means we (nigerians) are getting there, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
NSE has barred stock broking firms from approaching the capital market to raise funds.
So all those with one or both legs in some of the PPs and planned IPOs from some stock broking firms are effectively ON THEIR OWN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
@rasputinn,

how are they then supposed to raise funds? Na wa o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 8:09am On Apr 29, 2008
rasputinn:

NSE has barred stock broking firms from approaching the capital market to raise funds.
So all those with one or both legs in some of the PPs and planned IPOs from some stock broking firms are effectively ON THEIR OWN

Please shed more light. Where did you get this info from? If you have a link, please post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Mugabe(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
fatherof i dont really think there's anything to be afraid of.if the half year result of oceanic bank is something to go by,then be rest assured that a long or medium term investment in this security is worhtwhile.i tell u my brother,in all sincerity this stock'll definitely rise by at least 30%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akunle(m): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
I am surprised no one is reacting to my inquiries on the following stockbroking firms which are bidding for PP. They are Valueline, Profound and Dominion Securities. I wanted A SUGGESTION ON WHICH OF THESE THREE ONE CAN INVEST IN.
Please give a responseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Thank u.
akunle
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nextdoor: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2008
dis place look like brokers house?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Mugabe(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
yes rasputinn they are strictly on their own.because for now there is no go-ahead mandate on that.yOU MIGHT WISH TO ASK ME WHAT ABOUT BGL.The truth is that they circumvented that policy.They used of of thier subsidiaries to package the just-concluded private placement.But for now the regulators have seriously beamed their searchlight on this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by biddybee: 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2008
Hello House,
Does anyone in the house patronised Core trust investment on Awolowo Road Ikoyi. If yes, pls tell me about their efficiency. This is because I'm about to open an account with them. I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks for the job u guys are doing, Pls keep up the good work
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ebonyj(f): 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2008
I am about to open an account with Prominent Securities, are they good?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2008
All,

The gurus may be busy elsewhere. Try to visit newnigerians dot com. Check under the business section.You will find the new thread for stock tips. Go ask your questions there if you are in a hurry for an answer.

Some gurus are still around but may take a while to answer on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2008
debenzd:

All,

The gurus may be busy elsewhere. Try to visit dot com. Check under the business section.You will find the new thread for stock tips. Go ask your questions there if you are in a hurry for an answer.

Some gurus are still around but may take a while to answer on this thread.

The site where the gurus have moved to is "New Nigerians". Note that "new nigerians" is one word. I guess y'all are wise to know that a .com comes after that.
you can also check out www.stockmarketnigeria.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bagoma(f): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2008
good one apache!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NoMoney: 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NoMoney: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NoMoney: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2008
www dot new nigerians dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eny3: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2008
@jonyjoscom

further to what pumping said,  i was using cashcraft last year and it was a nightmare,  i ordered for NASCON during the 'one day special sale' at N22 as it was trading at N27,  i thot since it was goin into my CSCS immediately i could sell and make a little profit. My order was sent by email and it was clear that i wanted at N22,  2 few days later,  my broker tells me she could not get the NASCON so I replied I will send a buy order for something else later. Lo and behold I saw NASCON in my Cashcraft portfolio manager bought at over 27 naira.  I got them to remove it from my account including all the charges.

As long as you have correspondence to back you up, they know you can go to SEC and that should make them remove it from your portfolio. In your case, you can also request for a refund of the interest charges to your account,  I didnt have interest charges 'because my account was still in green,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2008
@en_y - You are right. They also refunded the intrest charged on my account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ All,

Market needs to undergo a blood transfusion urgently or else

@ Fatherof2

I hail you baba and still loyal to your government.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ololufemi, na bears make u quiet like this? Make u no
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:36am On May 01, 2008
Hi guys i bought the last Japaul oil PO and i got the exact unit i paid for which is 4000 units, but now the price has really dropped, its still in certificate form, please can someone tell me how long the verification process would take.

Also i noticed the bearish (as u call it) trend of the market, please i want tocapitalize on that by buying some short term investment stocks at cheap price am looking at insurance sector andFirst aluminum what do you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wealthpos(f): 5:07am On May 01, 2008
Hello evreryone in this forum,i just want you to conribute to this post.Because i like to become a stock broker but i don,t know how i can go about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:57am On May 01, 2008
Hmmmm, thankGOD its 1st of May (Mayday). Some freetime at last.
Wait does it mean we're just entering page 748 since 25th. Kai, disaster.
Bad thing no trading today. I wanted that stubborn skye bank to fall today and tommorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:58am On May 01, 2008
Filling the blank space.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:59am On May 01, 2008
Still filling the blank space.

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.