Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,786 members, 7,862,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820236 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by janykute: 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2010
abydeeno:

pls who is the registrar of JAPAULOIL?
Sterling Registrars limited is Japaul oil registar.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 2:30am On Mar 15, 2010
Nigerian stocks headed for the biggest weekly increase in seven months, led by banking shares, as lawmakers moved closer to passing a bill that will enable a state-owned company to buy toxic debt from failed lenders.

The 213-member Nigerian Stock Exchange All-Share Index rose by the most in a month, advancing 2.1 per cent to 24,171.74 in the third hour of trade in Lagos, Bloomberg data shows. That‘s the highest level since August 14 last year.

Fidelity Bank Plc rose 4.8 per cent to N3.03, bringing its weekly gain to 18 per cent, the most in 16 weeks. Union Bank of Nigeria rose five per cent Friday to N6.51, an 11 per cent gain for the week. The exchange‘s Banking Index posted its largest five-day advance since August.

Demand for banking stocks has surged after the Asset Management Company bill passed through the second reading in the Nigerian Senate and was referred to the Banking and Insurance Committee, a Lagos-based analyst with Renaissance Capital, Mr. Akintola Akinbamidele, said in an interview. It will work with the capital market and finance committees to conduct a public hearing and report to the Senate within four weeks.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010031415333793
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 12:36am On Mar 18, 2010
Good news at last. Hmnn. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
Uhm, i can't even remember the last time i called my stock broker. embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2010
tried calling mine today the number isnt working, the other one is not there any more she is on leave since november!!

AIICO has done 32% this year
Skye Bank --36%
even PHB 32%

really impressive but seems everyone don look for somewhere else grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by candylips(m): 4:26pm On Mar 18, 2010
cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by honeric01(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
Dis Guy:

tried calling mine today the number isnt working, the other one is not there any more she is on leave since november!!

AIICO has done 32% this year
Skye Bank --36%
even PHB 32%

really impressive but seems everyone don look for somewhere else grin

lol, well i should have gone the bull path around January, too bad i didn't take the opportunity, waiting for another one to show.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Fiver: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2010
so what is responsible for this gradual surge too much money in the system?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by atilla(m): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
hhm i think the surge is due to the low prices and its coming close to when most of them will declare bonus or dividend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
hhm i think the surge is due to the low prices and its coming close to when most of them will declare bonus or dividend.

Correct!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hambehsam(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2010
The surge is due to the following:
1. The first quater of the year is coming to an end. All companies with Dec 31st year end, are about releasing their results, so investors are taking position.
2. The AMC bill is almost about being passed. There are expectations that this might take care of the banks toxic asset.
3. Whether we like it or not, no genuine investment in Nigeria today, gives the kind of return our market gives within so short a time. And with the kind of liquidity.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by benz190: 8:54am On Mar 29, 2010
how can i invest in the stock market!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kodewrita(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
Its a revelation. A post with 25000 replies and FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND Views. There's a market here somewhere.

Well I hope the market gets over the headshot called 2009. We are young and need to make money. I just hope greed doesnt get the better of me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ramtee(f): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
I am planning my retirement i want to know if stock investing can support me or what alternative investments i can use.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beewhyfocs(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Just came acros this thread. Its amazing!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by atilla(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
@benz 190

i could hook u up with my brokers called Citi Investment Capital, take a look at their site www.citiinvestmentcap.com they are are ikoyi lagos.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gowaga68: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2010
ramtee:

I am planning my retirement i want to know if stock investing can support me or what alternative investments i can use.
madam you have to get a plan on ground , what would you like ,how would it get you returns is it monthly daily or , then u look at the vehicle that can work your plans.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gilbertman(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
I bow to the brains and posters here.Will need come back for this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by janykute: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
Gilbertman:

I bow to the brains and posters here.Will need come back for this.
unfortunately those brains and posters are nowhere to be found on this forum these days,i wonder where they have all gone to?We really need them now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mekusstev: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
Pls someone help me with 2 other sites that could help me analyse the market, apart from www.nigerianstockexchange.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jamace(m): 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hi guys, how is ure portfolio doing?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijatoday: 2:20am On Apr 09, 2010
I want to start buying shares, can anyone recommend a good company or bank as a broker.

Don't give me that e-mail me stuff
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2010
Fiver:

so what is responsible for this gradual surge too much money in the system?

Very correct my friend,excess liquidity in the system is the reason for the resurgence on the floor of the NSE
With all the sharing of money between the three tiers of government and no-lending policy of ALL banks,the vaults of the banks are bulging and about to burst grin grin with depositors funds,yet due to the fear of Sanusi,banks are not lending out these monies and they are not utilising them in transacions they'd hitherto have done and which would've guaranteed higher returns.A situation where you go to a bank to fix say 20 million naira and you're given a flat interest rate of 5.2% is very discouraging to say the least

Subsequently,most depositors are breaking their fixed deposits,pulling out the funds from their banks and are investing same in the stock market for better ROI(Yours sincerely has used this option already).Also most hard hearted government officials are known to have diverted part of their allocation to the stock market since their former option of fixed deposit is now worthless
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2010
@naijatoday

You can use cashcraft.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mekusstev: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2010
thanks 4 ur replies guys, pls i also want to know a site where i can view the individual stocks bid and offer for each day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nadabo70(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
Use www.equity-tracker.com to monitor your stocks when you buy them.
Remember that shares can go down as well as up!Do your due diligence.Some basic financial analysis

just registered on the above site, created a portfolio but could not add shares to the portfolio because of persistent error message on date format.Tried the suggested format but no success. Risingdamp and the house pls help
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oranto(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
Dear House,

NIce Thread !!!!  smiley

Would appreciate an excellent stockbroker in da house I can hook up with to start reinvesting in the naija stockmarket. Any suggestions will be well appreciated wink

Cheers wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijatoday: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
otokx:

@naijatoday

You can use cashcraft.

Checked out their website, they seem to be a good company. I did not see what the minimum is to open an account with them.

Do you use cashcraft?

What is the minimum to open and individual account with them. And how much do they charge for trades.

Do you know any other companies.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijatoday: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
Does anyone else know any stock broker

And who uses the Nigeria Stock Exchange (directly) to buy shares rather than go through a stock broker, because it seems they have online trading based on their website

http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MYMINDER(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
For advice on the stockmarket, investment approach and recommendations for a stockbroker etc.

Kindly send an email to help@investmentresearchng.com. Also check our website www.investmentresearchng.com

We are an independent advisory & research firm

Regards,

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.