Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816641 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2007
easimoni:

I typically get an email about 2PM Lagos time the day of the trade. So as we speak, I don't know if they bought my Crusader and NGC today. If I don't get a confirmation in 6 hours, I'll resend the instructions then pray they don't buy it twice.

Oga Easi,

what is your max buy price for NGC?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2007
easimoni:

I typically get an email about 2PM Lagos time the day of the trade. So as we speak, I don't know if they bought my Crusader and NGC today. If I don't get a confirmation in 6 hours, I'll resend the instructions then pray they don't buy it twice.

Oga Easi,

what is your max buy price for NGC?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2007
RoughCut:

Try http://www.firstglobalselect.com/scripts/cgiip.wsc/globalone/htm/country_home.r?vcountry-id=55.com and select the hyperlink Complete Company List and select the company of your choice

Also try www.nigerianstockexchange.com (this is epileptic though especially if you want the Daily Summary)

Try good old cashcraft.com and the Market Anaylsis

NSE site is down.

Global Select and cash craft , shows a lot of stuff but I did not see what I want.

I want to know if a stock closed on a demand note or supply note and how much, Am I making sense here.

@Easimoni, I wasn't lucky with the proshare link
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2007
@Tmoni

where are you based in Aberdeenshire?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ Yodiyokun, the proshare link has the net bid and net offer highlights at the bottom of that pg. They used to tell us the top 5 on bid and offer daily but they've stopped. We do need a site/report for bid and offer info
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2007
Guys how una dey take observe una stocks na?? ABEG!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2007
Rob-roy:

Guys how una dey take observe una stocks na?? ABEG!!

http://www.nsepro.com/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2007
@koksie, aberdeen proper
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ roughcut, rest assured i will mention any solid stock as soon as i have an inkling on it grin grin
@ easimoni, pls do u have any info on university press like i asked.?
thank you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2007
easimoni,
Thanks for the link to nseinfo. It appears they aren't opening new portfolios at the moment. Is there any other site you wuld recommend? As someone said earlier karakata is down,
Does any one else have a recommendation for monitoring one's portfoilo? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2007
Rob-roy:

easimoni,
Thanks for the link to nseinfo. It appears they aren't opening new portfolios at the moment. Is there any other site you wuld recommend? As someone said earlier karakata is down,
Does any one else have a recommendation for monitoring one's portfoilo? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Try www.investordelight.com. I've been using them for a while
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ Easimoni and other guru's

I have asked this question before but it wont hurt to ask again, I bought Capital oil at 0.33kobo and it's 0.75kobo today (more than 100% in 4 months) what's your advise? To cash in now or still wait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:37am On Oct 05, 2007
crazyT:

@ Easimoni and other guru's

I have asked this question before but it wont hurt to ask again, I bought Capital oil at 0.33kobo and it's 0.75kobo today (more than 100% in 4 months) what's your advise? To cash in now or still wait.

I have no knowledge of that stock so I can't help u. sorry!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2007
To All Gurus,
Please could you all advise me on this, amongst all the stocks i have the only one that has appreciated is NGC i bought for 13.50, why i am saying this is that i need to buy Japaul and dont have cash at hand, is it advisable to sell part of my NGC to purchase Japaul

Secondly i have about 5000 units of Fidelity do i sell and purchase the PO that is now on?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2007
stanchuks:

To All Gurus,
Please could you all advise me on this, amongst all the stocks i have the only one that has appreciated is NGC i bought for 13.50, why i am saying this is that i need to buy Japaul and don't have cash at hand, is it advisable to sell part of my NGC to purchase Japaul

Secondly i have about 5000 units of Fidelity do i sell and purchase the PO that is now on?
I think you should do that so that you can take the profit on it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2007
hi all gurus and novice

you are all great.

just to say welldone, i am reading and watching and learning and following,

well done!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2007
Oga Sunday2007, this is not the right place to sell laptop na, haba shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2007
Proshare News and Analysis
Court halts new capital base for insurance firms
Posted Friday, October 5, 2007

A federal High Court in Abuja yesterday ordered the Federal Government to halt on-going moves to re-capitalise insurance industry.

The order by Justice Anwuri Chikere also bars the National Insurance Commission of Nigeria (NAICOM) from "unilaterally" upgrading the capital base of insurance firms from the N350 million to N5 billion.

Business man and core investor in NICON Insurance Plc and Nigerian - Re, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim had approached the court to stop the exercise on behalf of the two companies and two others namely: Alliance and General Insurance Plc, that he has interest in. He argued before the court that the Federal Government lacked the powers to undertake the exercise because the statues on the operations of insurance firms had not been reviewed by the National Assembly.

More on the Proshare website.
---------------------------------------

Folks,

What's up with this news?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2007
Well, It definitely doesnt sound like good news if the federal govt dips their hands into such sector. But having said that, in a country like nigeria, where alot of fraud happens, its probably the best.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mee25(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2007
ACCESS BANK closed at N20.85 today tongue. Is it heading N27 before december
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2007
@ easimoni, temmie10 and all intersted. i have found a good source of shares outstanding of all companies so we dont get confused in our calculations. go to www.meristemng.com and go to the research section to get info on shares outstanding nad year end of companies, it looks very accurate.
hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2007
mee25:

Post suspension bull run  will drive up the price and  after verifying  certs and then a dip when everybody starts to sell(profit taking). So the post suspension euphoria may drive the price to 27 by that time frame(it's a possibility!)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2007
mee25:

before december? home boy its heading to at least 25 by next week grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jboo0(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2007
Hi everyone, i have a question maybe you could tell me what you think:

It seems SEC has approved UBA and First Bank to keep money that was oversubscribed, N100bn for UBA and N250bn for First Bank, which means that they will issue twice as many shares for UBA and 2.5X for First Bank, whih dilutes all the figures in the prospectuses.

My question is are people going to be happy that they have received more of their allocation than they were expecting, or are people going to have been caught out applying for more than they wanted knowing they would be scaled back and want to sell their excesss shares?

Both shares are well in profit from the PO's so i expect some profit taking, but at the same time i heard UBA is making 5bn profit a month, so dividend will be good. I'm in two minds whether to sell my shares in both now and buy them back once the certificates are issued.

What do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mee25(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2007
@Jboo0

UBA allotted a total of 1,127,400,000 ordinary shares out of about 2.6b shares applied for. It also allotted 63,864,124 additional right issue shares. First Bank is yet to allot the shares applied for during their PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jboo0(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2007
I completely agree that is clear as it was in the press release, but if you read the last line of the first page of the release it clearly says 'The Securities and Exchange Commision has given its approval to the United Bank for Africa Plc to accept the excess proceeds of the Offer by way of Supplementary Allotment'

Basically should UBA so wish they can choose to issue a further 1,495,256,699 shares and keep the excess capital of the oversubscription. I'm betting they choose to keep the excess money and issue more shares. I just wondered how people will react if they do? is it good news?

As for First Bank, they were 5 times oversubscribed on their 100bn offer, i've heard the SEC will let them keep 150bn NGN of the oversubscription,which would allow them to issue 2.5x as many shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2007
@ Jboo0,
UBA making N5B a month? Fa fa fa fowl! Na yam? Maybe turnover but not profits!

But to answer your questions, there will be a TON of profit taking as soon as people get their certificates. You can expect both stocks to take a hit as soon as the certs are released. People will be happy they got more than expected only so that they can take more profit than expected. Once certs are released, there is ALWAYS downward pressure on the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2007
shigidi:

before december? home boy its heading to at least 25 by next week grin

I second that!

shigidi:

@ easimoni, temmie10 and all intersted. i have found a good source of shares outstanding of all companies so we don't get confused in our calculations. go to www.meristemng.com and go to the research section to get info on shares outstanding nad year end of companies, it looks very accurate.
hope this helps

Thanks for the link. They look like serious brokers too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2007
@ Yodiyokun,
did Lead get you Crusader? I'm so in!

Dear EASI MONI

Please be informed that at your request, the following trade(s) have been executed on your behalf.

BUY

TranDate SecurityCode Units Price
10/4/2007 CRUSADER XXXXX 4.41
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2007
Nope, I am sure they did not buy it
Because if they did I would have been notified by now,

My account officer told me their systems have been down.

Lets see what else he has to say for himself- you got the crusader at a good price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2007
yodiyokun:

Nope, I am sure they did not buy it
Because if they did I would have been notified by now,

My account officer told me their systems have been down.

Lets see what else he has to say for himself- you got the crusader at a good price

I just got a new account officer. My old one just left. Maybe you should ask for a new one. Mine's Gloria Ogufere. So far so good. Much more responsive than the old guy.

And yes the price was good. Maybe she'll bring me luck too!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2007
pls can anybody tell me when oceanic certificate will be out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.