Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August (28098 Views)

Poll: Which team will get 3 points?

Manchester United: 46% (45 votes)
Arsenal: 50% (48 votes)
Draw: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 / Liverpool Vs Manchester Utd [2 - 0] On Sunday 25th October / Fa Community Shield : Chelsea (2)4 Vs Man Utd (2) 1 on Pens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by ASL33: 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2009
dipo2much:

Proudly Gunner
Am proudly GAYner as well. cool cool Our manager is Arsene WenGAY tongue tongue
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dipo2much(m): 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2009
ASL33:

Am proudly GAYner as well. cool cool Our manager is Arsene WenGAY tongue tongue

Funny. You should be a comedian. Thought of that?
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by lastpage: 1:29am On Aug 31, 2009
Now that the "Refereeing Board" of the EPL has issued a well-deserved apology to the only "Professeur" in the EPL, l guess all those Man-Unfortunate fans can see that the "Ref was overbearing on Arsenal" and Roon-boy did do a "Whoodini dive".
They can at least, swallow their saliva, if ego and self-pride would not allow them to do the proper thing - FALL ON THEIR SWORD! shocked grin

Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by agabaI23(m): 1:36am On Aug 31, 2009
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2614555/Top-ref-We-goofed-Wenger.html
ARSENE WENGER will today receive a grovelling apology for his Old Trafford humiliation.
The Arsenal boss was forced to stand among Manchester United fans for the final 30 SECONDS after fourth official Lee Probert complained he had kicked a water bottle.

Probert moaned to ref Mike Dean and he sent Wenger off - to the delight of 75,000 United supporters . . . .
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by elopee(m): 1:56am On Aug 31, 2009
I've got to say Arsenal has lost only a battle the war is yet to be won.If i'm right Wenger has hopefully worked on their strength by plucking out the sour apples.I hope not to see another self-destruct performance.
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Anabel(f): 5:03am On Aug 31, 2009
diaby dis, diaby dat, i dont give a shit, the main thing is dat man utd don win. winner ooooo winner, man utd we don win oooo winner, pata pata we go win 4eva winner. enemies make una go die. grin
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Vuitton(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2009
I love this game!! kiss

Manchester United forever kiss

Arsenal fans can eat shit tongue
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by jaccyraj: 9:38am On Aug 31, 2009
Really crazy match, never new we had solid cheats in soccer, Its no good news to the premiership but i think arsenal lost the match when they played away and could have wrapped up the game

We wait tillthe second leg

You can also visit this sport site

www.goalng.com
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Nezan(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2009
Why are gunners refusing to accept that the disallowed goal was because of an offside?
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by freezer(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2009
you see the thing is gunners will always complain, i aint surprised, the match was simple, arsenal lacked the concentration that title contenders should have, the played well 1st half, but to be honest, manutd dominated the second, as the possession and goal attempts reveals, so wats da fuss about penalty or no penalty, .Ashara scored almost immediately afta the first penalty appeal, even though flecther clearly took the ball from his boots, and wayne rooney was clearly tripped by mumunia, and i just love, danlami diaby, he's such a great red devil, lwkmd
Good match for the champions, MANUTD 4EVA
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by ayusman16(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2009
Dumbest post of d week.
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dipo2much(m): 11:58am On Aug 31, 2009
Infact,its the dumbest post ever.
Mr Freezer,you should be ashamed for showing us all how uneducated you are

Typical Man U Fan.
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by theviper1: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2009
as a life-time GUNNER,its a thing of pride and honour to know that Manu can only beat us with the help of well paid Mike Dean.no manu game is ever complete without the usual penalties that they always pay the fa in advance.it doesnt matter if we are gaynners or homonners,the truth is that at the end of the 1st half,the manu official asked mr Dean "are u going to pocket our money and do nothing,allowing them to beat us with the kind of heavy goals that they heap on their opponents these days"?, mr Dean immediately swung into action,trying to demoralize us with cards and eventually with a penalty.bt its ok,atleast the whole world witnessed the daylight robbery without a mask.and for those who used black and white telly with very poor antenna reception that couldnt see who was who,am sorry 4 u,cos that is why some of u saw manu as playing better or wished they played better

GUNNERS 4 LIFE.
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dgreatrock(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2009
GUNNERS FOR LIFE. Nothing do us! wink smiley cheesy
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by cometozizo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2009
zoom mobile are scammers ,i predicted the score right and send message to the code  provide and #20 was deducte from my account on that saturday man vs ars 2-1 and they didnt reply me back till now , i even called the customer care they told me to wait they will get back to me ,  doou can u imagin e
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by MrCrackles(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2009
cometozizo:

zoom mobile are scammers ,i predicted the score right and send message to the code  provide and #20 was deducte from my account on that saturday man vs ars 2-1 and they didnt reply me back till now , i even called the customer care they told me to wait they will get back to me ,  doou can u imagin e
LOL grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Vuitton(m): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2009
I dedicate this tongue to the following: ayusman16, dipo2much, the viper, dgreatrock

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Vuitton(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2009
lastpage:

Now that the Refereeing Board" of the EPL has issued a well-deserved apology to the only "Professeur" in the EPL. l guess all those Man-Unfortunate fans can see that the "Ref was overbearing on Arsenal" and Roon-boy did do a "Whoodini dive".
They can at least, swallow their saliva, if ego and self-pride would not allow them to do the proper thing - FALL ON THEIR SWORD! shocked grin

Please do not twist the facts!!! The apology is for sending him of the technical area for "kicking a bottle"

Check it out on bbc: tongue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8229352.stm
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by manuel(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2009
Arsenal was treated unfairly, period!
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by ayusman16(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2009
They should also apologise for the biased officiating! And charge Rooney for the Superman dive!
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by mamagee6(f): 1:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Okay thanks.
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dafman10(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2009
That match exposed the dirty politics in EPL. I hate the premier league what a show of shame from the officials. Long Live the Spanish Premierer, Seria A, Ligue One. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dafman10(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2009
[/quote]That match exposed the dirty politics in EPL. I hate the premier league what a show of shame from the officials. Long Live the Spanish Premierer, Seria A, Ligue One. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue[quote author=Nezan link=topic=315564.msg4455458#msg4455458 date=1251712709]
Why are gunners refusing to accept that the disallowed goal was because of an offside?
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by proudly9ja(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
I can't believe we are still whining about that game. It is a well known fact that Arsenal is the most hated team in the top 4 for whatever reason. The press are still having a field day over a single Eduardo dive incident meanwhile Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Lampard are 'ogas' in that same game.

Ive learnt to live with it and move on. We play ManCity in 2 weeks. Lets focus on that!

Meanwhile, today's transfer deadline day. Any news?
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by destinysgu(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2009
dipo2much:

Infact,its the dumbest post ever.
Mr Freezer,you should be ashamed for showing us all how uneducated you are

Typical Man U Fan.

Haba, No be fight nw
even though he is uneducated, he can still read,write, watch n understand football, can analysis well , dat's all we need.
everybody can't be professor like u guyz!

Keep it Up Mr Freezer jare grin
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
grin i love arse fans in the sense that they always have an excuse for everything! angry

anyway, UP MAN U!!!!!!
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by timmy7(m): 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2009
shocked shocked this thread is still running 3days after gunners' defeat cheesy na wah 4 dis gunners pple o,if a typical gunner can say freezer's post is d dumbest i wonda what a typical man u fan should say abt the viper's post maybe dumbest factorial grin
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by Vuitton(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2009
:p
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by lastpage: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2009
This "matta" never finish o! shocked
Now, its two match ban BUT,
The rule says "if you dive", its an offense and its "YELLOW CARD".

Now, in any game, its the REFEREE and his assistants that decide penalty or foul grin
Ref or any assistant did not give Eduardo any yellow (compare it with Ebue's case) but the REF awarded him a penalty (to show that Eduardo was fouled )

Weeks later, UEFA gave Eduardo a 2Match ban (after watching "SLOW MOTION" angry )

The questions arising from now, going forward are:
1. DO we still need Refs for matches, if we dont trust their judgment?
2. Since the same "slow motion" showed a goal was scored the other day & on so many occasions, why was the goal/match not re-awarded?
3. UEFA board has a lot of Celtic-sympathizers but if tomorrow, the Ref awards a goal or disallows one and "slow motion" shows otherwise, especially in a final match, would the CUP be taken back from the winner?
4. Is THIS TREATMENT just for ARSENAL ALONE or would it be applied to others likewise?

This is an indication of favoritism, bias against Arsenal and over-interference in the beautiful game.

Though a GUNNER but l will not support cheating.
Eduardo is not the type of player that cheats.
I guess when his leg was broken, if not for the breakage, the referee might have given him a Yellow Card for diving?!

Diving is a very grey-area and if anyone has watched that video and for anyone that have played football a bit, "Footballers" know and would agree with me that at times, we anticipate danger and try to avoid it by taking evasive action, like jumping out of the way, instinctively.

That is not a dive, since to not do that may result in another broken leg, for Eduardo, and l guess we will all offer our condolence when his carrier is finally terminated?

My take is this: no need to generate controversy, if the Referee made a mistake, as they do most often, (now that the game has become faster), educate and empower the Ref (Goal-mouth, over-head and mid-line cameras that are instantly reviewable, like playback) to make a better judgment next time.

A retroactive punishment is a bad precedence, except its meant for the GUNNERS alone.

By the way, it is the lack of "exactness and preciseness" that makes football more passionate than most sport!
To take decisions contrary to the Center-Ref own is to spoil the "passionate-anger" of the beautiful game!!
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by dipo2much(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
However, TV replays from a certain angle showed Rooney appeared to be heading for the turf before the Arsenal keeper made contact and that the spot-kick perhaps should not have been given.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8236483.stm

That was about the penalty awarded Man U when they played arsenal on saturday. Its happened now. But I just want you to understand MAN U lost that match,though they had 3 points.

Arsenal or nothing
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by lastpage: 2:03am On Sep 04, 2009
I think Michel Platini and those Scottish people at EUFA are just being stupid.

How can anyone say Eduardo deceived the Referee into awarding a penalty?
Is the Ref dumb?
What is the Ref's job? Was he not trained to take a fair decision?
If the Ref was not sure of his decision, why did he not ask his lines-men?
Assuming Eduardo "dive", why did the Ref not Yellow-card him, as was done to Ebue?
Was it Eduardo that pointed to the spot and blew the whistle or does he have control over the Ref's action?
If a Referee declares a Penalty, can Eduardo as a player, change that decision, even by telling the Ref that he dived?

Its like saying "someone made you rob a bank" when you are caught in the act?

EUFA has just called that Ref a dumb idiot, no more!

Having said that, every player is taught to dive, in other to avert a dangerous tackle. We learn this things instinctively!
No one can eradicate diving, the simple solution, as they do in my own neck of the woods is that the Ref will just ignore you and wave play-on.
End of Story.

If you like, sleep there on the turf for the whole 90minutes, thats your "short-one" grin

EUFA REALLY SUCKS! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August by DrLorenz1(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2009
Why's y'all still whining and whinnying about the match? The game's been played, and it was won by MAN U simple as that. If anyone's saying that Rooney dived, then that means that Eduardo dived too in their match against Celtic. tongue Lets wait and see if Rooney'd still be given a 2-match ban undecided

Whether some of you hate Premier League and UEFA or not, EPL is still a must-win league and someone wants to win it. EUFA is a governing body and are going to be, sorry o grin grin

As per Eduardy, i told a fanatical fan of Arsenal that that was diving, and his response was "that's what he was bought for". Meaning he knew how to create a foul, whether it was by diving in a very stylish form or not grin

Anyway, enuff talking, e don happen like P-Square sang,

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Super League: EPL Set To Hold Meeting; Six Breakaway Clubs Not Invited / Barcelona Vs Inter Milan : UCL (2 - 1) On 2nd October 2019 / Monaco Vs Juventus : UCL (0 - 2) On 3rd May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.