Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact (56407 Views)

List Of People To Visit The N-Power Situation Room, Abuja / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Ramanto(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
This is laudable. Only our brothers from the other side will fault this. What would you say about the abjectly poor graduates who could not even afford to recharge their phones if you want to condemn this grand initiative? This move will at least pull many out of the depressed and suicidal zone. God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
usmanktg2:
I think this is a process to dissolve NYSC

NYSC is not threatened at all by this initiative. NYSC is mandatory while this is voluntary.

NYSC has its own aims and objectives separate from this one.

It is similar to NYSC but different in approach, aims, methods and ultimate end.

2 Likes

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by obi58: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

- Written by Mathias Orhero (literarymathy@gmail.com)

** I am not a worker for N-Power nor am I an advocate for the Federal Government, APC, or any other political body. I am simply an educator who write to illuminate others. Please direct all enquiries on this FG scheme to http://npower.gov.ng/ or info@npower.gov.ng

Another cheap piece of stomach infrastructure. I still maintain that youth empowerment would have been far more potent if graduates were given monitored loans to start businesses driving entrepreneurship instead of this half bread is better than non mentality. The Youwin PROGRAMME WAS FAR FAR BETTER THAN THIS!!

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Eddygourdo(m): 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Really, our education system needs rejigging as depicted by your write-up. N-power addresses more than skillsets as a teacher, Huawei also floated the ICT scheme as well as skillsets in Construction, repairs etc.
Do your researches before criticizing: stop being anti-good initiatives. Be positive.
this goes beyond being positive, even in two years its not enough time to learn any ICT skill to compete with the world, yet the current system intends to combine dat with teaching, why ?

if the scheme looked at specific areas eg ICT and seconds graduates to these programs to be able to learn them extensively during the two year period with sole focus on going solo with whatever they have learned with some loan support, would that not be a better scheme towards arresting the jobless situation ? Why should the teaching part be there? What does that solve? Does teaching create entreprenurs? Does it create people who could sustain themselves ? What the hell are u peeps talking about

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by gidjah(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
godello:
your fate depends solely on you. Your input will be your output. Learn skills for the two years and become self sustained.
I sure do not belong to the category of those you listed above, that's by the way though, for an unemployed graduate still finding his feet on the economic soil, how does he acquire skills, who pays his bills while on this skill acquiring journey?,I am sure you know that skill acquisition requires total commitment, funds and sponsorship too?you really Need to put your selfd in some persons shoe and feel a pintch!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by owanedo: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
sometimes I find it so difficult to understand why most nairalanders wont read an article or story but find joy in rushing to comment, thereby exposing their level of daftness. anyway, this N - power program is not for everybody, it is for those who needs it that the write up Is meant for.if you have your 25k paying job, leave that space for others and face your job.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
casttlebarbz:
can a serving corp member apply?

Not at all. One of the requirements is the NYSC discharge certificate.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
Eddygourdo:
this goes beyond being positive, even in two years its not enough time to learn any ICT skill to compete with the world, yet the current system intends to combine dat with teaching, why ?

if the scheme looked at specific areas eg ICT and seconds graduates to these programs to be able to learn them extensively during the two year period with sole focus on going solo with whatever they have learned with some loan support, would that not be a better scheme towards arresting the jobless situation ? Why should the teaching part be there? What does that solve? Does teaching create entreprenurs? Does it create people who could sustain themselves ? What the hell are u peeps talking about

Just call a spade, a spade. Those who need the programme will benefit from it. Just because you dont need it doesnt mean others dont. Please be positive for once. What has other governments done concerning employment so far? Would you rather that this government do nothing concerning this as well?

Dont let politics become a cotton wool in your senses!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Eddygourdo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Can't you be constructive in your comments for one? Try and always be conscious of what you say on the internet. Some of you just hate anything that government initiates without providing an alternative.

DO you think the government can employ every unemployed youth in the country? Would you rather that the government ignore the unemployed youths because of your biased idea that the programme is useless?

For your information, Mr Man, teaching itself is a skill that is applicable to various fields apart from education itself.

The programme is not also all about teaching. There are other initiatives such as Agriculture, Health, Web development, etc that are there. I am sure you did not see my last point because you were clouded by the hatred for this initiative itself.

Learn to be constructive. The hate will do you no good!

the rate at which you ignorant people like to wallow in mediocrity is amazing. You create a program that claims to address the unemployment situation in nigeria, yet after the two year program we will have well trained teachers to be employed where ? The current educational system has enough teachers being produced year after year(thousands who graduate with an educational degree). you don't see that this scheme is taking food away from them. Why must they teach? Is the govt so filled with idiots? The problem now is unemployment and only a diversification of the economy will solve the issue. This must be solved by re-orienting our youths to pursue schemes in self employemet, small scale manaufacturing and entrepreneurship. What happened to the N-power scheme being solely about that. Why must teaching be there? Have you seen any economy that has become graet by producing teachers ?

When.a graduate finishes the program, how will the skills he has honed as a teacher in two years helped him as an accountant in an industry ? Or are they to establish schools when they finsih ? Two years is not enough to make an indidvidual self sustaining in ICT alone imagine if such is combined with teaching. Why not create schemes in agriculture, crafts, manufacturing , ICT, etc for people to choose just one or two for the two year program. They can be seconded to industries free during the period to learn practicals in their field with no cost to the industry, they could then be given soft loans on graduation to establish cottage industries or bsuinesses to practise what they have learnt. This way we would create employers for graduates of the future. Not teachers . NOT TEACHERS.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH UR TYPE THAT YOU CANT REASON LONG TERM

3 Likes

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Mopolchi: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

- Written by Mathias Orhero (literarymathy@gmail.com)

** I am not a worker for N-Power nor am I an advocate for the Federal Government, APC, or any other political body. I am simply an educator who write to illuminate others. Please direct all enquiries on this FG scheme to http://npower.gov.ng/ or info@npower.gov.ng

Oga, where our cornarina academy recruitment dey?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by GambaOsaka: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
gidjah:
I voted. this govt in, so it means I love the govt, but if they didn't get something right,we all must criticize positively and even use hammer a times.For instance. the recent fuel price hike was. OK, bit pretty untimely, up till now. masses ain't finding the economy funny at all. Now. back to our topic, does it mean I shall only be Job-stable for just two years and after that get thrown in to a fresh labour market?, what is gonna be be my fate after that two years ?,all the. same, the temporary succour is still a welcome development

I seem to share your sentiments as well. As an ardent believer in true democracy, i am not a supporter of individuals or political parties; so i call a spade a spade irrespective of the colour or make. Inasmuch as we needed to fully deregulate the downstream sector, i also believe the timing was wrong. This Idea of temporal employment, coupled with the free lunch initiative are palliative measures inline with the current economic hardship that Nigerians are facing. The decaying state of our economy didn't just start yesterday, it is a cummulative product of decades of corruption and massive looting of public funds; so we don't expect a miracle in just one year.
i think Nigeria is headed in the right direction.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
lastpage:

May God punish all these leaders who fashion-out this type of programme to pay a GRADUATE #23,000 monthly when they can be buying SUV's for themselves from last year's (2015) budget ....in May 2016!
May God punish anyone who justifies it by saying "Its not by force to apply".

Instead of laying proper infrastructures on ground (like stable power) so that the individuals can develop themselves, they want to be paying #23,000 per month? Despite no prospect of eventual employment!

How much is transport to a place of work in five-day working week?

Even Maruwa sef is #100 per drop now!

Lastpage!

It is not be force to apply mister. Those that need it are not complaining!

All I know is that this is better than what any other government has done concerning the employment crises rocking Nigeria for a very long time.

The programme is not an employment but a means of ameliorating the plight of the teeming unemployed youths who find it difficult to eat each day.

May GOD bless the initiator of this programme even though I wont apply, I am happy because directly or indirectly, it'll better the life of my family and friends, however small.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by nkemjacob2(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
igweross:
The first to comment on this page is a practical example of the type of youths we have today, no one reads to understand, they don't do research, they not ready to understand that there is always a process.
Let me shed more light into what the OP has contributed and the directives I think the government is trying to drive.
The truth is there are jobs in Nigeria, but the quality of our education process is a serious turn off. That is why those who study abroad in developed country have a better edge of being employed than a Nigerian graduate. If you familiar with most companies when they recruit, they send the new recruits for training programs, happens in almost all organization because they know you need the skill to execute the job properly. And this happens to be a burden on the company.
Virtually all we do in our education system is not effective in Nigeria's labour market. If you take a careful look at the job description even though you studied the course in school you will notice there are demands on the roles and responsibility that you didn't even come across or have an idea of making it practical. The truth is our education is outdated. In dubai toady, no one will ask for CV, they ask 'what can you do'?
This brings me back to the N'power program, it is just simply set to make the unemployed youths employable and become employers which the result will tell in the future. Only thing I would say is, it would have been aligned with the NYSC program to reduce costs.
oga i will disagree wit u wen u say there is jobs in nigeria, if u say our eductation is ntin to write home about i agree wit u.... D truth is there is no jobs, u can see how numerous job applicants are? If there re jobs organization wud have trained dis applicants for their own taste...
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Eddygourdo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Just call a spade, a spade. Those who need the programme will benefit from it. Just because you dont need it doesnt mean others dont. Please be positive for once. What has other governments done concerning employment so far? Would you rather that this government do nothing concerning this as well?

Dont let politics become a cotton wool in your senses!
you are suffering from the nigerian syndrome of shemless hypocrisy. All of a sudden you assume my criticism must be because I am an opposition to the government. Wow. There is no objectiveness in this country anymore and its all about tribe and political inclinations.

Now u start comparing governements, what's my business with other governments. I am more pro-buhari than you can ever be. But unlike you I am objective. I have a brain and will use it instead of allowing the wool becloud my reasoning like u have done. Yes I don't need the program and I thank God for that , but I am an objective nigerian, not a political dummy

U refuse to see the error in the program, and u ask me to be positive. Mtcheeeew
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by josfamdl(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
pls, can u shed more light on dat 3months training, maybe am qualify.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrsharpman:

Honestly u r reading my mind. This program is an extension of nysc program without arresting the setback of the formal. The teaching scheme NYSC has turned to was what we all complained about while serving. Misplacing us in a career that never developed what we learnt in school. If the government really wants to empower us she should have made this a skill acquisition scheme that could give us some sort if take home or loan to establish after the 2 years. In that way, real employment would be created. What will one do with 23k in a month? And to make matter worse it ll completely stop after the government has drained u for two good years without any self added value. Burst it!! This is a program to empower the state government n not the youth.

THEN DONT APPLY and put a notice, send an sms and share statuses, to all your friends and family members NOT TO APPLY or risk being disowned by you. !!! Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Eddygourdo:
you are suffering from the nigerian syndrome of shemless hypocrisy. All of a sudden you assume my criticism must be because I am an opposition to the government. Wow. There is no objectiveness in this country anymore and its all about tribe and political inclinations.

Now u start comparing governements, what's my business with other governments. I am more pro-buhari than you can ever be. But unlike you I am objective. I have a brain and will use it instead of allowing the wool becloud my reasoning like u have done. Yes I don't need the program and I thank God for that , but I am an objective nigerian, not a political dummy

U refuse to see the error in the program, and u ask me to be positive. Mtcheeeew

Defend yourself however you want. I owe you no explaination cheesy!

What I know is that this is commendable as it shows things will get better in Nigeria slowly, one day at a time. I am a positive person and even when I criticise, which I do alot, I offer alternatives that are feasible.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by owanedo: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
lastpage:

May God punish all these leaders who fashion-out this type of programme to pay a GRADUATE #23,000 monthly when they can be buying SUV's for themselves from last year's (2015) budget ....in May 2016!

Instead of laying proper infrastructures on ground (like stable power) so that the individuals can develop themselves, they want to be paying #23,000 per month? Despite no prospect of eventual employment!

Lastpage!
I guess you know your representatives in govt? when you see them bring out your ak47 and shoot them. shalon
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Eddygourdo(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
mrsharpman:

Honestly u r reading my mind. This program is an extension of nysc program without arresting the setback of the formal. The teaching scheme NYSC has turned to was what we all complained about while serving. Misplacing us in a career that never developed what we learnt in school. If the government really wants to empower us she should have made this a skill acquisition scheme that could give us some sort if take home or loan to establish after the 2 years. In that way, real employment would be created. What will one do with 23k in a month? And to make matter worse it ll completely stop after the government has drained u for two good years without any self added value. Burst it!! This is a program to empower the state government n not the youth.
yet some people do not see the flaw in the program. They automatically assume I must be pdp. Dats why I don't want be short sighted. Let's watch what will come out of it
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by soulhighman(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Annybee:
I hv gone through the website but still can't apply. And the info says application started on 11th June.
It seems your joblessness is grade 1. For you not to even know today's date. grin

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by GambaOsaka: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
lastpage:

Lastpage!

I feel your pain my friend, but the truth is millions will apply for the program. Infact on the first day of opening the site/portal, i wouldn't be surprised if the number of applicants will not be up to 1 million. I know several people who will gladly work for 5k talk less of 10k or 23k.
E be like you be boti so u neva see people wey dey hustle for 10k secondary school teacher job for Ikotun- egbe. lol Infact i have a neighbor; a graduate that collects 13k as a teacher in a school. She will jump at this offer.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by persius555(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
marwanafrica:
Graduate earn 25k, how have I been paying my school fees? With 25k as my salary how can I meet up with country's sky rockets commodities prices, Nigeria government is like a devil they give you something with right hand and collect it with the other hand, God why was I born in a country like this?
This is exactly the mentality that has held the youths of this country hostage for long. Yes, the country is inhospitable at the moment but there are far worst than ours. Positivity is what builds a country. The youths cannot continue to complain and expect heaven to come to the rescue. The future is in your hands and not in your complaints. Lets show some optimism for once. You are a youth today but tomorrow you will grow old. Make the best of your youth today and quit complaining.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by owanedo: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Eddygourdo:
yet some people do not see the flaw in the program. They automatically assume I must be pdp. Dats why I don't want be short sighted. Let's watch what will come out of it
my guy, the op has given information to those who needs the program if you are not in that category of Nigerians don't disturb others. keep pessimism to yourself.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Jcob(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
How can schools benefit from this scheme by getting teachers posted to their schools?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by chimoskyg(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
eph12:

This is commendable but this government should focus resources more on power generation, road construction and provision of water and houses. If all these are available then that 23k will be very meaningful and well appreciated

But if you don't empower the masses an illiterate can't make use of all you've just listed.
Developing a Nation is a gradual process.
Your view is okey bro, but wen people are empowered they take away some burden from the government.
Ruling this country I no think say e easy ooo
May God help is all
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Yakzo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
What is the meaning of "N" in N-power?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by agoshofin(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
"The pay is not mandatory but the Federal Government chose to add it in other to encourage youths and I think it is commendable. That money is enough for the average and prudent youth to feed and transport himself/herself every month. Even financially prudent youths can save from that amount and others can manage to send something home to their poor parents and siblings. This is done with NYSC allowance talkless of this. Let us learn to appreciate the little we have. A few governments in Africa can do what the Federal Government is doing for us now. Let us take the initiative and show that we are truly the Giant of Africa!"

This part is self serving. it is entirely unnecessary. The analysis of the programme is greta..but the effort was ruined with the highlighetd paragraph!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Graduate Trainee 2018 Test Invite / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.