Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact (56695 Views)

List Of People To Visit The N-Power Situation Room, Abuja / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Eddygourdo:
yet some people do not see the flaw in the program. They automatically assume I must be pdp. Dats why I don't want be short sighted. Let's watch what will come out of it

In that case, send an sms and share statuses, to all your friends and family members NOT TO APPLY or risk being disowned by you. !!! Shikena!!!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by nkemjacob2(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
Half bread is better dan none. I guess these graduates re posted to the rural areas where tins are cheaper wit 25k salary

What about the skill aquisation govenment say they re preparing all over the state, is it part of d N.power program? Dat is the area i want government to stress on, den teach dis pple entrepreneur skills and de-burst loan to them. Is quicker to solve umemployement rate dan dis teaching, inwhich after 2 years of contract, what will happen? My idea oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by eph12(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
chimoskyg:

But if you don't empower the masses an illiterate can't make use of all you've just listed.
Developing a Nation is a gradual process.
Your view is okey bro, but wen people are empowered they take away some burden from the government.
Ruling this country I no think say e easy ooo
May God help is all
grin
Graduates are now illiterates? I hope you know this is only for graduates?
If I were to be the president of this country power generation would be my top most priority. With a working economy where we have 24hrs electricity, good roads, housing and car loans the government won't need to do this. Instead graduates would be sponsored to do advanced researches in their field of study or interest.
This is commendable today but my brother after two years most of those that would be completing their own service won't be enthusiastic about moving on because there will be nothing waiting for them.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
agoshofin:
"The pay is not mandatory but the Federal Government chose to add it in other to encourage youths and I think it is commendable. That money is enough for the average and prudent youth to feed and transport himself/herself every month. Even financially prudent youths can save from that amount and others can manage to send something home to their poor parents and siblings. This is done with NYSC allowance talkless of this. Let us learn to appreciate the little we have. A few governments in Africa can do what the Federal Government is doing for us now. Let us take the initiative and show that we are truly the Giant of Africa!"

This part is self serving. it is entirely unnecessary. The analysis of the programme is greta..but the effort was ruined with the highlighetd paragraph!

That statement is mine and it is predicated upon various factors. I know why I made it.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by igweross(m): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
nkemjacob2:
oga i will disagree wit u wen u say there is jobs in nigeria, if u say our eductation is ntin to write home about i agree wit u.... D truth is there is no jobs, u can see how numerous job applicants are? If there re jobs organization wud have trained dis applicants for their own taste...
Did you see where I mentioned being a 'burden'. Do you know the rate at which some multinational companies over use their staffs even in banks. Connect the dot son. Why is it that Indians, Chinese are brought in to handle some long term projects. If you are using the present situation of the economy, quite understandable.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by precisionindepth: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
igweross:
The first to comment on this page is a practical example of the type of youths we have today, no one reads to understand, they don't do research, they not ready to understand that there is always a process.
Let me shed more light into what the OP has contributed and the directives I think the government is trying to drive.
The truth is there are jobs in Nigeria, but the quality of our education process is a serious turn off. That is why those who study abroad in developed country have a better edge of being employed than a Nigerian graduate. If you familiar with most companies when they recruit, they send the new recruits for training programs, happens in almost all organization because they know you need the skill to execute the job properly. And this happens to be a burden on the company.
Virtually all we do in our education system is not effective in Nigeria's labour market. If you take a careful look at the job description even though you studied the course in school you will notice there are demands on the roles and responsibility that you didn't even come across or have an idea of making it practical. The truth is our education is outdated. In dubai toady, no one will ask for CV, they ask 'what can you do'?
This brings me back to the N'power program, it is just simply set to make the unemployed youths employable and become employers which the result will tell in the future. Only thing I would say is, it would have been aligned with the NYSC program to reduce costs.
if the aim is to make the unemployed youths employable and become employers, then it should start when the youths were in the university not after they have spent 4-6 years and then graduate, go for 1 year NYSC, and them start another 2 years post NYSC . after the 2 years post NYSC, what happens again? This government needs to know what they are doing. I really don't understand anymore.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by dollarathe(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
They ll come here and condemn it...when it starts they will even forge certificate to get into the programme... Some pipul can never be role model
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Bolaadu(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

- Written by Mathias Orhero (literarymathy@gmail.com)

** I am not a worker for N-Power nor am I an advocate for the Federal Government, APC, or any other political body. I am simply an educator who write to illuminate others. Please direct all enquiries on this FG scheme to http://npower.gov.ng/ or info@npower.gov.ng

Hello educator pls can ND OR NCE apply?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
eph12:

Things would fail to add up if prices of commodities continue to rise.
I have to ask will there be a kind of loan that will be given at the end of the two years? Won't those that participate still be at the mercy of the very few companies we have? Most schools can barely afford to pay more than 25k to graduates and won't those that participate end up in these schools at the end? After all they are being trained to be teachers. Now tell me of what use is this if I can easily get those 25k teaching job without participating in this project? How much do you think can be saved at the end of 2 years from this 23k monthly payment?
This initiative is nice but the prospects after 2 years is fragile and I fail to feel confident that I will feel like a graduate after the completion of my two years voluntary service.

The N-Power programme is not all about teaching. Other programmes are there.

Meanwhile, the programme is not a ploy to end unemployment but only to ameliorate the plight of the unemployed as they wait for better offers and while government tries to make employment available! If seen from this vantage point, it is commendable.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
precisionindepth:
if the aim is to make the unemployed youths employable and become employers, then it should start when the youths were in the university not after they have spent 4-6 years and then graduate, go for 1 year NYSC, and them start another 2 years post NYSC . after the 2 years post NYSC, what happens again? This government needs to know what they are doing. I really don't understand anymore.

My friend, the programme is VOLUNTARY. It is not mandatory. It is also not compulsory everyone must apply. For instance, I do not intend to apply even though I applaud the scheme. Some people will get better jobs and offer and wont need it while others will need it due to unemployment and "hunger"!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by sherif4owo(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Stevosty:
The n teaching has been well explained, what of the others, especially those ones of three months, just wondering how one can be well trained for just three months in construction and electronics gadget.

The duration of training doesn't really matter as much as intensity of the training... most of the industrial training will be ON-THE-JOB.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Bolaadu:
Hello educator pls can ND OR NCE apply?

If you have your NYSC discharge certificate then you may apply.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by BBcool: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
Are you into a networking business?

If no, then you are short changing yourself. because networking is a great tool one can harness to get an amazing financial turn around.

How long will we continue to wait for the government?
When you can use the little that you have to get the abundance that you desire.

The millionaires of these world are networkers. There is no emphasising the power of teamwork and how much it can achieve.

There are networking biz out there that anyone can be a part of. From as low as 1k, u can earn amazing income.

I am part of a networking biz dat I started with 1k, another with 2,500 and another with 4k. And you guys will not believe my level of income from each of these platforms.

The most interesting thing for me is that I dont hace to buy or sell any products.

If you are interested in any of these, I am willing and will b glad to introduce it to you in more details.

Just watsapp me on 08092026229.
Our destiny is in our hands... All d best guys!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Kgdavid(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
igweross:
The first to comment on this page is a practical example of the type of youths we have today, no one reads to understand, they don't do research, they not ready to understand that there is always a process.
Let me shed more light into what the OP has contributed and the directives I think the government is trying to drive.
The truth is there are jobs in Nigeria, but the quality of our education process is a serious turn off. That is why those who study abroad in developed country have a better edge of being employed than a Nigerian graduate. If you familiar with most companies when they recruit, they send the new recruits for training programs, happens in almost all organization because they know you need the skill to execute the job properly. And this happens to be a burden on the company.
Virtually all we do in our education system is not effective in Nigeria's labour market. If you take a careful look at the job description even though you studied the course in school you will notice there are demands on the roles and responsibility that you didn't even come across or have an idea of making it practical. The truth is our education is outdated. In dubai toady, no one will ask for CV, they ask 'what can you do'?
This brings me back to the N'power program, it is just simply set to make the unemployed youths employable and become employers which the result will tell in the future. Only thing I would say is, it would have been aligned with the NYSC program to reduce costs.

This was the first thing that i wondered! What skills do they want to teach that cannot be taught during NYSC?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kgdavid:

This was the first thing that i wondered! What skills do they want to teach that cannot be taught during NYSC?

A WHOLE LOT!!! Basically, NYSC has its own aims that are different from this initiative. There are a lot of similarities though, I agree! But NYSC is mandatory while this is VOLUNTARY and so those who register know what they want at the back of their hand.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
Mopolchi:
Oga, where our cornarina academy recruitment dey?

Goto Conarina Academy, Oria-Abraka, and ask them. I know of someone that was employed though- Jasysandra. She has since resumed. She posted on the thread to thank me for the help and info as well.

I am sure there are others who have not contacted me yet.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by misscall247: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

- Written by Mathias Orhero (literarymathy@gmail.com)

** I am not a worker for N-Power nor am I an advocate for the Federal Government, APC, or any other political body. I am simply an educator who write to illuminate others. Please direct all enquiries on this FG scheme to http://npower.gov.ng/ or info@npower.gov.ng

U are an idiot.....must u insult youths because of 23,000 naira hectic teaching useless program.
who knows how much ve enterd ur account in d name of dis#infact u and FG are fantastically corrupt.
Ur fada dia.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by misscall247: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

A WHOLE LOT!!! Basically, NYSC has its own aims that are different from this initiative. There are a lot of similarities though, I agree! But NYSC is mandatory while this is VOLUNTARY and so those who register know what they want at the back of their hand.
ur fada
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by misscall247: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

ur fada.....who r u decivin?
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
misscall247:
U are an idiot.....must u insult youths because of 23,000 naira hectic teaching useless program.
who knows how much ve enterd ur account in d name of dis#infact u and FG are fantastically corrupt.
Ur fada dia.
Insult me all you can mister.

I'm sure you'd be the first person to wake up around 12 am to apply on Sunday!

If you don't need 23k, stay contented with your 100k+ work.

Lazy ass man. You want government to pay you for lazying about!
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by enemachris(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
igweross:

Is this 11th of June?
Reading problem again jus as stated by d OP grin
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by Kgdavid(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

I understand that NYSC has a different set of aims. But is there any particular reason why the NYSC cannot expand the scope of its aims to include the aims of the npower scheme? I don't see any significant operational difficulties that might acrue in the process.

The npower scheme could be included as voluntary component of the service year.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
misscall247:
ur fada.....who r u decivin?

Why unearth your lack of home training online?

My own is simple sha, if you don't like it, don't apply. Nor be by force.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by enemachris(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
nightmile:

Then why comment on what you have not read and don't understand .. Guess you are just one of the dunce on Nairaland always crying over headline without reading the detail to get all the info.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin my bele oh. Una no go kill person for here.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kgdavid:

I understand that NYSC has a different set of aims. But is there any particular reason why the NYSC cannot expand the scope of its aims to include the aims of the npower scheme? I don't see any significant operational difficulties that might acrue in the process.

The npower scheme could be included as voluntary component of the service year.

You have a point though.

However, some of the stale unemployed graduates did their nysc over 5 years ago. Some are even longer than that. For those ones, it'd be highly relevant. Nysc has a 30years age limit also unlike this one where the age limit is 35years or so.

Again, nysc is under a different ministry (youth & sports) and this one is under employment & job creation.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by precisionindepth: 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

My friend, the programme is VOLUNTARY. It is not mandatory. It is also not compulsory everyone must apply. For instance, I do not intend to apply even though I applaud the scheme. Some people will get better jobs and offer and wont need it while others will need it due to unemployment and "hunger"!
my friend, I know it's not compulsory. All I am saying is there should be an overhauling in the education sector. make the youths employable from school not after.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by misscall247: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Insult me all you can mister.

I'm sure you'd be the first person to wake up around 12 am to apply on Sunday!

If you don't need 23k, stay contented with your 100k+ work.

Lazy ass man. You want government to pay you for lazying about!
see!u ve to respect Nigerian youths,datz my anger.......wat is my business wit ur 23k
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
precisionindepth:
my friend, I know it's not compulsory. All I am saying is there should be an overhauling in the education sector. make the youths employable from school not after.

You are right. Nigeria has many problems. Atleast one is being addressed. The others will be addressed hopefully with time.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by enemachris(m): 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
funkydislo:
Don't tell us you didn't read the thread before commenting.Na wa ooooo.
this are d same sets of people who complain to be graduates and yet no Jobs. How do expect people to employ u when you cant even read to to assimiliate Jus a handy passage.

1 Like

Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by fratermathy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
misscall247:
see!u ve to respect Nigerian youths,datz my anger.......wat is my business wit ur 23k

It is not my money. I am also not applying but I applaud the initiative because I know thousands of people who need it desperately. Some of them even have families and they subsist on less than 10k. They'd go for this and await better things. One can leave the programme anytime employment comes as it is a voluntary programme.
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by freegaza(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

It is not my money. I am also not applying but I applaud the initiative because I know thousands of people who need it desperately. Some of them even have families and they subsist on less than 10k. They'd go for this and await better things. One can leave the programme anytime employment comes as it is a voluntary programme.
You said PCMs can apply and then you contradicted yourself by saying only those with discharge certificate can apply
Re: The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact by kingu: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
They don't have money for nysc but they want to start an extension of it....ndi ara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? / Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.