Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (47213 Views)

Corpers Taking Selfie At Taraba River Before Drowning (Photos) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State / Nysc Stream 2 2016 Call Up Letter Officially Out For Printing *PICTURE* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
after service what Next God help us.... angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by adedayor08(m): 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
pendusky:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was posted to Taraba in 2014. It was fun, then we were using Govt Sch for Jalingo as our camp, I believed the New camp is now ready.. when you reach pls my regards to state coordinator Mr Freeeman.

Taraba is a very nice place, though i couldnt make it to Gembu "Where snow falls" grin

But believe me Taraba camp is one of the best in the country...

They have standard website http://nysctaraba.org/ something most states lacks.

Enjoy your stay bro.

which batch are you bro. I camped there 2014 batch B
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by cutelover19(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
nice post Jess. we love you too
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Junior66(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Iseoluwani:
Taraba!! !such a useless state served there 215 LAU lg. Useless group if Fulani's n Hausa they won't value u so don't go n kill yourself. We were d 1st set to use d new camp. Guy if u no get money 3wks go b like hell. N from lag to taraba 22hrs so if u wanna stay just pack your loads once but be warned things are expensive
how far? i served in lau too. Appawa Gadda/mararaban zing 2014A. what about you?
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Ajgal10(f): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oh My mallam sidi camp in Gombe. BESTEST CAMP IN NAIJA. The soldiers are too loving and lenient. Everything is cool. Made camp feel great for us. 2013 Gombe corper.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by ted1741: 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
what a whimp.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
JessiliciousJes:
[color=#000099]Hey everyone. smiley
I have decided to use this platform to share my day to day activities in camp which is to start by Monday June 13th.
So after days of prayer and fasting(j.k about the fasting grin) to not get posted to the North, i was posted to the worst(in terms of insecurity) of all Norths,Adamawa. cry cry cry You can imagine my face when I printed that call up letter only to find out my prayers werent answered. My heart and soul sank deeply. Anyways, God win because I believe God has a reason for everything. Good news is, I wont be stepping into Adamawa at all cheesy As some of you know, camping is taking place at Jalingo, Taraba state(my nickname literally changed from jessiliciousjes to Tarabs baby) angry. To some this may come as a relief but to me, not one bit. Im based in Lagos state and finished tertiary school from Nnamdi Azikwe university, Awka, Anambra state(in da East!!). I basically have no freaking idea how to get to the North. Mehnn was I depressed.
Well as long as google dey alive, there is always a solution. So i started googling how to get to Tarabs(that is what i call Taraba) from lagos. I was directed to so many articles, mostly some in nairaland though. I read about one transportation company that conveyed corpers from lag to tarabs, but at the end of the article, the writer wasnt so pleased about the company and instead referred readers to use fair plus, young shall grow, samfan and one other one that i cant remember due to the fact that the one he entered was way expensive. So again i googled fairplus and found their website which was really helpful by the way, i made a call to the company to find out about the price which was surprisingly 9k. That is the good news. The bad news is that it is over a day journey shocked I was shocked. Not as shocked as my elder sis who cried a lil(cos she thought i was gonna die on the way plus she's a super drama queen) or my mum who just kept screaming(for the first time i heard her call me baby) embarassed
To cut long stories short i googled some more and read other people's experiences and came to a final conclusion that the journey would be safe afterall(by the grace of God). I also made more enquiries about the camp from two of my friends who also camped there in the stream 1 set and they were like it's really cool and fun and kindda new(well..... when i get there i will confirm).
Then just a day before camping, Nysc postponed the orientation date which was by the way a HUGE inconvenince seeing as i've already gotten prepared (did my hair and shii). Well, no wahala na. It actually gave me more time to prepare.
Finally a new date was set, so i decided to go to park to see what it was like. Fairplus park is located beside Iddo busstop just afer oyingbo. I was coming from mile 2 so I took a bus to oshodi underbridge and boarded another bus going to oyingbo. I got there and booked for my seat which was still 9k and will have to be there by 6am on the day i travel.
Anyho, as we all know orientation starts on monday but i will be travelling saturday(day after tomorrow to get there on sunday) just to be in camp on time. Apparently, corpers coming from a far distance can sleep over in camp(or so i was told).
For those of you located in lag and camping in tarabs, holla me.
Stay glued for more updates. wink
Till next time......caio kiss
I was posted to taraba in 2012 it was fun for me though I had the same thought but I was mingle with everybody in my platoon to become sub commandant of my platoon. Lucky for I posted to Iware A 30min drive away from Jalingo so I based in. Winner corper Jalingo

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by kingjoe(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
jessy intresting write up. i want you to add about making new friends .the ones that admired you and the ones you admired codedly.ladies are expecting to meet their better half in camp.also your audience is mostly youths in this forum.thank me later

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by malignant1: 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
chukagodwin:
Interesting i must say. I am patiently following up ok........ I am a Prospective Batch B copper.

grin grin grin

Oh dear!

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by vanchi(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wow nice story... I can relate to it.. camped in taraba 3weeks 2013 batch A.. but redeployed to Anambra after camp on security and health grin grin grin grounds... I no dey sick sha. Hope You get posted to gembu.. grin it's a place with cool weather..

I sha ghosted at Anambra... there camp is no longer in that school complex?
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Dottune(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thunderlicious:
Those enjoying and following must be jobless
Dude you must be d.umb for this your statement, prospective corpers are the ones reading and following the post to read her experience before becoming Corp Members and this just made front page.

12 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
JessiliciousJes:
[color=#000099]Hey everyone. smiley
I have decided to use this platform to share my day to day activities in camp which is to start by Monday June 13th.
So after days of prayer and fasting(j.k about the fasting grin) to not get posted to the North, i was posted to the worst(in terms of insecurity) of all Norths,Adamawa. cry cry cry You can imagine my face when I printed that call up letter only to find out my prayers werent answered. My heart and soul sank deeply. Anyways, God win because I believe God has a reason for everything. Good news is, I wont be stepping into Adamawa at all cheesy As some of you know, camping is taking place at Jalingo, Taraba state(my nickname literally changed from jessiliciousjes to Tarabs baby) angry. To some this may come as a relief but to me, not one bit. Im based in Lagos state and finished tertiary school from Nnamdi Azikwe university, Awka, Anambra state(in da East!!). I basically have no freaking idea how to get to the North. Mehnn was I depressed.
Well as long as google dey alive, there is always a solution. So i started googling how to get to Tarabs(that is what i call Taraba) from lagos. I was directed to so many articles, mostly some in nairaland though. I read about one transportation company that conveyed corpers from lag to tarabs, but at the end of the article, the writer wasnt so pleased about the company and instead referred readers to use fair plus, young shall grow, samfan and one other one that i cant remember due to the fact that the one he entered was way expensive. So again i googled fairplus and found their website which was really helpful by the way, i made a call to the company to find out about the price which was surprisingly 9k. That is the good news. The bad news is that it is over a day journey shocked I was shocked. Not as shocked as my elder sis who cried a lil(cos she thought i was gonna die on the way plus she's a super drama queen) or my mum who just kept screaming(for the first time i heard her call me baby) embarassed
To cut long stories short i googled some more and read other people's experiences and came to a final conclusion that the journey would be safe afterall(by the grace of God). I also made more enquiries about the camp from two of my friends who also camped there in the stream 1 set and they were like it's really cool and fun and kindda new(well..... when i get there i will confirm).
Then just a day before camping, Nysc postponed the orientation date which was by the way a HUGE inconvenince seeing as i've already gotten prepared (did my hair and shii). Well, no wahala na. It actually gave me more time to prepare.
Finally a new date was set, so i decided to go to park to see what it was like. Fairplus park is located beside Iddo busstop just afer oyingbo. I was coming from mile 2 so I took a bus to oshodi underbridge and boarded another bus going to oyingbo. I got there and booked for my seat which was still 9k and will have to be there by 6am on the day i travel.
Anyho, as we all know orientation starts on monday but i will be travelling saturday(day after tomorrow to get there on sunday) just to be in camp on time. Apparently, corpers coming from a far distance can sleep over in camp(or so i was told).
For those of you located in lag and camping in tarabs, holla me.
Stay glued for more updates. wink
Till next time......caio kiss
I was posted to taraba in 2012 it was fun for me though I had the same thought but I was mingle with everybody in my platoon to become sub commandant of my platoon. Lucky for I posted to Iware A 30min drive away from Jalingo so I based in. Winner corper fellowship Jalingo just at back of orientation camp and used most of weekend in Zing where there is contact light but bad water there.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Welcome 2d n.east...we dey wait u 4yola
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Thunderlicious: 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dottune:
Dude you must be d.umb for this your statement, prospective corpers are the ones reading and following the post to read her experience before becoming Corp Members and this just made front page.

That is why I say u are jobless, dude.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Adekorya: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dottune:

You just gave the attention seeker what he was looking for. Why?
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Dottune(m): 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thunderlicious:

That is why I say u are jobless, dude.
*ignored*

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Sapphiredamsel(f): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
I'm following o jere jess, I like that you are doing it in form of a memoir. I was sicj for two weeks in camp so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should. 2014 sokoto corper. Fire on Tarabs Corper, I await your updates. Have fun soogbo
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Dottune(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Adekorya:

You just gave the attention seeker what he was looking for. Why?
Yeah, I was angry. I regret it now though

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Amyceilyn(f): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
Haters gonna hate...am enjoying your write up abi gist and can relate to it during my service year...but the bread n okro got me laughing out loud #wrongest combination

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by gentlelarry(m): 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
JessiliciousJes:
PART 4

So sorry for not writing last night. I was so tired. Plus network dey f**k up for this side.
Well, yesterday, i woke up by 1am as usual. After having my bath, i was shaking like a lunatic. Later, soldiers came to chase us from our hostels to the parade ground for meditation and practice. By 5:30am!!! shocked Mehn... i don suffer no be small. We lined up in our different platoons and started the usual. Marching! Doing the same thing we did the previous day. Learning the routine we will use for our swearing-in the next day. We practiced under the hot sun for 4 hours again. By 9:30am, we were ordered to go have breakfast and return within one hour. sad You wont believe what these cooks decided to give us. Brown water (tea) and moulded flour(that they called bread). After that excessive practice we just did, tea and bread?! O boy, i carry myself go mammy right away and ate rice and confam palm oil stew with meat. After that, went to my room to rest. Gosh!!! My legs ached like never before. I fell into a deep sleep in a matter of seconds.
By almost 11am, my friend woke me up to wear my shoes. Bia! Na only me come dey the hostel. Everyone else had already gone and they didnt wake me. Witchcraft and wickedness. Smh. Soldiers were going from room to room. I was almost caught but God win i ran very quickly.
At the parade ground, i was just yawning and yawning. I was feeling really sleepy. We repeated the same routine till after 12pm. That was a huge relief!!! Just one hour but we were to return by 4pm. Lunch was yam porridge that i wasnt interested in.
So i decided to go open a bank account, which i did with Ecobank. By 4pm, we went to the parade ground for the final practice of the day. We practiced till after 6pm and was ordered to come to the parade ground by 8am wearing our khaki outfit the following day for our swearing-in. At night, dinner was tuwo and okro soup with a piece of meat. I have never eaten tuwo before in my life. But it was ok. Those that werent on time had the "privilege" of eating bread and okro grin cheesy cos the tuwo had finished. Those that came later took bread and meat. Lol. I no fit laugh cheesy

Well, i then retired to my bed after.
I camped in taraba state 2015 B, my yansh pain me for days after the long journey,.....cool Camp, condusive boys hostels, but the food they serve is that camp na original poooooo! You can do well to start visiting mama faith, and Olayinka at mami market..... Enjoy your stay in the camp.... I redeployed to OGUN state tho cos that place is too far for me
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
don't forget to tell us about sexcapade You have as well

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Lalaonpoint(f): 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
interesting. I'm sure you will do well if you take this writing serious
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by mentorken05(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
#Zikite#AppliedMicrobiologyandBrewing#2015section#holyfamilyyouthvillage
Nice write up you have here...thumbs up

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by DAntivirus: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
All this hullabaloo ontop NYSC... NYSC is a stage over hyped by prospective corpers, with time una go realise say its just 12 wasted months of receiving chicken change fooling urslf believing u'r serving ur country...

Real life awaits once that certificate lands on ur hand; that is when we all realise that 'Jungle don Mature'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by glitteraty(f): 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by glitteraty(f): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
epistle of John the Baptist you expect me to read that!

mba >:
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
@Op welcome aboard babe. I am a serving corper too and finishin by September by God's grace. (2015 Batch B). I was posted to taraba state too for my orientation last year October, I was in stream one. I felt very bad wen I saw my posting letter online as well, my mum and my siblings also felt really bad and we're worried. I later accepted my fate and we tprayed dat God shld jst lead me thru. I am based in Osogbo Osun State and didn't even have any idea how to get there. Later my mum started makin arrangements to book a flight for me to Adamawa cos Taraba doesn't have airport and Adamawa is d closest to Taraba so I could take a cab frm there to taraba for like 4 hrs. So the person she contacted to book d flight had already started workin on it, then later I got to know about a bus that some of my colleagues from same schl that were also posted to taraba booked. then I made enquiries about it and was lucky there was still some spaces left. So I told mum to forget about the flight dat I would follow my colleagues there by road. I wanted it cos I know the journey was gonna be fun cos we would be gusting and do things together in the bus. another reason is cos I wanted to safe my parents the cost of booking a flight for me. So we sha took off on the 28th November dat camp resumed. We left around 5pm that day and arrived Taraba around 1:30pm the next day which was 29th... The journey was a very stressful and long one but it was really fun. We met soldiers on d way several time at different checkpoints and they were really friendly. When we got to camp on 29th, another struggle began. Registration was strenuous and took time before I could finish. After registration, anoda struggle to get mattress and bunk began and that was more hectic. before I could finally settle was around midnite dat day. The first week was just there and no much fun. but when we go to second week to the last week in camp, the experience was really amazin and felt like camp should just continue. I processed redeployment durin that time anyways, and I was lucky I got redeployed to d state I put in for which is Oyo state. So I'm in Ibadan presently now which is Oyo capital. Life in taraba camp was really fun trust me and I'm sure u would enjoy it. Taraba camp is actually one of the best camps in Nigeria. Their mami market is lovely and the pple there are accomodatin. Some of my fwends still stayed back there buh I just redeployed cos I wanted to get closer to my base. Enjoy ur campin experience hun.

10 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by thunder74(m): 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thunderlicious:
You are right, thank you. Next? I served in Yobe in 2006 (Year Of Beautiful Experience). I can relate with her gist especially on relationship with the soldiers and their slangs "jam that patako, FG go replace am, otondo corper, etc, camp foods (brabisco) and more memorable was the day the camp was surrounded by the almajieries screaming Alhau Akbar preparing for jihad against us.

By the way where and when did you serve?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thunderlicious:

It's not a crime to be Jobless is it?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Abduljohn(m): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
ADVICE.

Mind your mami spendings, u might ended getting addicted which May not help your purse. Enjoy your stay

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by Iamabraham(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
I was posted to Adamawa too.

Batch A, 2015 stream 2

We camp at Airport road, Sibre...., Taraba state.(I have forgotten the whole address).

I tried redeploying to Kaduna

but

I was redeployed to Jigawa.

lol

have fun in camp.
Re: My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. by queenfav(f): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
hahahaha i love this..The 4 days i spent at NYSC camp was hell!Thank God my call to bar ceremony rescued me.Don't be fooled, camp is not fun at all!Nothing vex me pass d dirty toilets and bathrooms.I had to bathe on grass,didnt even do no. 2 till i left o.I no fit carry infection say i dey serve my nation.Two winch girls wen dey my room no dey allow people sleep,go gist till 4.am..That morning drill no be for people like me wen no dey like wahala.I just claim pregnancy till i leave camp make i no come faint or roast my skin for sun!As soon dem start,i don locate where pregnant women and sick people dey lounge for corner of the field..no time o!Its interesting tho,u get to meet all sorts of people.A word of advice:carry your feeding money for mammy market paroles, that camp food no be am at all especially if you like to eat quality food.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wheelbarrow Pusher, Graduate In His NYSC Uniform - Photos / Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice / The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.