Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola (20128 Views)

Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos) / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard / I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by opribo(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2016
Haba the same Fashola that said this GEJ built the highest number of new roads than any other previous government. What is really wrong with these people, truly they are noise makers O. Must they blame GEJ to please Buhari and give the impression they are working. The second year jn the life of this government has started running again and they are still on this blame game. Hmm, I really wonder if they have any objectives in mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/2789790/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/goodluck-jonathan-was-an-exceptional-president/

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by iwaeda: 8:23am On Jun 10, 2016
HirstMOG:

common sense is really not common. how can a contractor not been paid for over three years and still working? they have staff, they use materials for construction and they are not paid for over three years, make una de cut una lies small nau. Fashola is already a failure, even the blind can see that.

Lies they sold out before election. Need more lies to keep ruling,with not a single kilometer or 1 MGWatt added to our lives for a whole year.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Taryur3(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Fashola is a noise maker...no.matter how good he is during his reign as Governor...he don swallow wetin pass am right now.my passion for him keeps fading.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by MCeeShort(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
I'm an APC supporter without apology but I'm getting really pissed with the amount of Jonathan coming-off this administration's lips!
We all know Jonathan didn't do good, YEAH, that's why we voted u!
Now pls leave Jona alone and get to work!!!
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by hohafrank(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
Fashola should bury his head in shame.Always passing the buck.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by opribo(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2016
ZUBY77:
If Jonathan was clever enough to make contractors work without pay, Kudos to him.
What about your administration that haven't added any weapon to the military,
no mw to electricity,
no road and no food,
no dollar,
no anything except lies and propaganda.

...yet they pack all the money and put into one account just looking at it they cant invest and turn it around. What is the definition of cluelessness please.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by obailala(m): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2016
Jengem:

the roads are in asiwaju penthouse at Oriental

use your brain and dont be zombying about like a lackey...ahbeg

name one pothole the Federal Government has filled in since bubu entered office?
At least the current FG hasnt boasted of filling anything, we all know they are cash trapped, we all know they inherited a 2015 budget which allocated less than N18bn for roads nationwide, an amount which was largely spent paying off contractor debts for old patched jobs; we also know that they messed up by delaying their budget for 6 months and only got it approved just recently. With their first budget now in place, I have no choice but to sit tight, fold my arms and watch what they do with their budget. That's even if the pipeline bombers which probably glorify will let them get any funds to do anything.

Now the big question is, the last FG which had all the money in the world and which boasted of building 25000km of roads in 5 years, abeg where are these 25000km of fixed roads located? ... because all the roads in my vicinity still remain the way they are, except for some minor patches.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by vRendoh(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2016
Rikidony:
may PDP never rule us again.

such an havoc for a nation

How many of the APCs were not PDPs three years ago? They just changed their clothes to win reelections or gain positions. na wao ! tongue
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by VagileVictor(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Someone should wake this Babatunde to leave up to the responsibilities that are facing him directly.

Fashola told us that no Government constructed roads more than the Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's administration and since they took over the reigns of power, no single contract has been signed on new roads or rehabilitation. How can I believe your lies that you noticed this trend after one year of your handling the affairs of the Ministry?

Which contractor in the present economic crunch will continue working without being paid? This lie surpassed Lai-Lie Mohammed.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's administration didn't only construct roads, it entered into maintenance contract with the companies saddled with the responsibility of handling the various constructions.

When will you wake up to the reality that the man you are busy blame has gone past your antics and strategies to play the blame game till the end of your four years tenure.

I rejoice with the 5% that didn't vote for you because they have justifying facts to have rebuffed your "chain" mantra. For your information, I belong there.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by engineerboat(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2016
obailala:
At least the current FG hasnt boasted of filling anything, we all know they are cash trapped, we all know they inherited a 2015 budget which allocated less than N18bn for roads nationwide, an amount which was largely spent paying off contractor debts for old patched jobs; we also know that they messed up by delaying their budget for 6 months and only got it approved just recently. With their first budget now in place, I have no choice but to sit tight, fold my arms and watch what they do with their budget. That's even if the pipeline bombers which probably glorify will let them get any funds to do anything.

Now the big question is, the last FG which had all the money in the world and which boasted of building 25000km of roads in 5 years, abeg where are these 25000km of fixed roads located? ... because all the roads in my vicinity still remain the way they are, except for some minor patches.

What is the Government doing about this road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YA83pAS-8
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by muri4mig(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2016
amazon14:
What did you do with 5000 thousand mega watts you inherited from Gej? you ran it to zero.pleeease fashola give US light. Enough of you nonsense
tell ur fellow avengers to stop bombing the gas installations so that u can get light. You can only have light if u stop u evil ways. If EFCC start investigating the spending of the road project money, the children of hate will call it winch hunting. Your media propaganda will not detered the EFCC from doing their job. We shall recover every last kobo stolen.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by valralph(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by LLVelly: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2016
Its lik GEJ is still part of our govt...I keep hearing his name week in week out.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Elxandre(m): 8:49am On Jun 10, 2016
jaybee3:

You and your bunch of likers are serial f..ktards

Since when did energy become something one can conserve/store and pass on as they deem fit?

Jonathan passed on a certain generating capacity which obviously couldn't have been reduced!!!!
Who is talking about conservation?

The guy was obviously distribution you idîot.

What's the significance of the generating capacity when just half of it gets distributed?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by jaybee3(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2016
engineerboat:

The Power station can generate, now what happen why after increase units charges rated and still power was grounded to zero.....

Answer that,

What was handed over to him was generating 5000 MW when it was handed over to them.

Your username is a mockery of a profession i hold dearly

The country was at no point constantly generating to its installation capacity

Besides, most of the power plants are based on thermal technology meaning they are heavy reliant on Gas (which of recent has sadly become a scarce commodity) to power the turbines
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by millhouse: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
Fashole. Pls where is the light u said any serious e govt will fix in 6months. Oh its no longer rocket science or do u need extra terrestrials to come and assist you?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by jaybee3(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2016
Elxandre:

Who is talking about conservation?

The guy was obviously distribution you idîot.

What's the significance of the generating capacity when just half of it gets distributed?
You bleeping muppet...
You are obviously too retarded to decipher his original demented post

Nigeria has a transmission capacity far greater than it's generating capacity. That's basic electrical engineering since electrical load can't be stored.
The current issue is our inability to generate to the installed capacity which obviously has something to do with lack of Gas to fire the turbines.

Thank me later for the schooling dumbfvck
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by openmine(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2016
Really...This same news about GEJ is getting stale every blessed day....Is that the path the present govt intends to use in constructing roads by blaming the past government...Am very sure some zombies will blame PMB's current health challenge on GEJ....smh
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by engineerboat(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
jaybee3:

Your username is a mockery of a profession i hold dearly

The country was at no point constantly generating to its installation capacity

Besides, most of the power plants are based on thermal technology meaning they are heavy reliant on Gas (which of recent has sadly become a scarce commodity) to power the turbines
Mr name checker.....

What happen to fashola rocket science theory.....

http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-steady-power-supply-possible/

Under fashola more with all his ticket science theory power crumble to zero MW power. ..

http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-steady-power-supply-possible/

Am not ashamed of my profession and I understand what am saying

Summary is that Politicians are liars and cannot be faithful to their words
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Enrichlee(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Am I the only one who didn't bother to read the epistle We are tired of this blame game jare. Using the same method and expecting a different result is the pure definition of insanity! Democracy didn't start with Jonathan neither will it end with u guys. Just work and let posterity talk abt u!
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by tundexijim(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2016
MCeeShort:
I'm an APC supporter without apology but I'm getting really pissed with the amount of Jonathan coming-off this administration's lips!
We all know Jonathan didn't do good, YEAH, that's why we voted u!
Now pls leave Jona alone and get to work!!!
And that is what they doing by approaching the contractors to get back to work..they are just giving u clue on the negligence of the past administration...
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by engineerboat(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
jaybee3:

You bleeping muppet...

Nigeria has a transmission capacity far greater than it's generating capacity. That's basic electrical engineering since electrical load can't be stored.
The current issue is our inability to generate to the installed capacity which obviously has something to do with lack of Gas to fire the turbines.

What is the government doing to solve that problem...
1. They increase tarriff.. nothing to show for it only to be be blaming blaming NASS for tarrif increament.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Elxandre(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2016
jaybee3:

You bleeping muppet...

Yeah.
A real dumbfvck is the guy who can't go a post without throwing in jejune insults.

Of course I saw the error in his post, but I'm not as lame as you are to dwell on his technically wrong choice of words.

The fact remains he passed across a blatant fact unanimously agreed by most that power supply has depreciated drastically.

The average man on the streets doesn't give a damn what took off his power supply, all he notes is that the present administration has made him buy several rechargeable lamps and power banks, and it is with this impression he will judge the performance of the administration.

This is not the rap section where swear words are allowed you man-child.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by chikurch(f): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You expect what GEJ could not do for years to be done in months? How do some of think?

How do you think? Smh so it's okay to blame GEJ for the remaining 3years and not do anything. Change my foot!
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by tundexijim(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2016
I wonder how u wailers measure achievement in one year by a govt especially in a country like Nigeria where things already have degenerated to the worst...do u measure overnight events or u look at trends towards good governance...
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Aroh48(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2016
When this man go get sense?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Dom2020: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2016
the only thing this govt knows how to do best is to throw blames
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2016
chikurch:

How do you think? Smh so it's okay to blame GEJ for the remaining 3years and not do anything. Change my foot!
How do you know where you're going to when you don't know where you're coming from?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Gershomcelebz(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2016
Is only God that will help us in this country..... :PIs only God that will help us in this country.....
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by MCeeShort(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2016
tundexijim:

And that is what they doing by approaching the contractors to get back to work..they are just giving u clue on the negligence of the past administration...

We had always known!
That's why most Nigerian kicked GEJ out.
And trust me, if Buhari and his wailing band don't start showing us why we employed him, we'll kick him out to com 2019.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by obailala(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
engineerboat:

What is the Government doing about this road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YA83pAS-8

What about the road?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Rikidony(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2016
mej67:

It's not havoc.

It is creative project financing. Simply, it is credit financing or contractor financing.

The much needed roads were given to Nigerians by contractor financing instead of waiting till people die on the bad roads.

Fashola should rather emulate the model instead of wailing
WHY SHOULD FASHOLA EMULATE A MODEL THAT WAS FULL OF FRAUD AND WHICH LEFT 70% OF THE NATION FEDERAL ROADS IN A STATE OF COMATOSE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] / #RescueJangebeGirls: Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, Ganduje’s Aide Labels APC A Failure / We Neither Endorsed Peter Obi, Nor Any Presidential Candidate – PFN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.