Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola (20129 Views)

Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos) / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard / I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Ice007(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2016
I wonder what would have been Fashola's chances of winning his second term as Lagos state governor if all he did was rant about the failure of his predecessor. Agreed, the past administration didn't get it right in so many places but blaming them over and over like you're a scratched disc won't solve the problem; stop talking & start working.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2016
abujaArchitect:
So... In this Nigeria where we all live, you expect me to believe that a contractor will continue working for 3yrs without getting paid... Is the name of the construction company Mother Teresa nig Ltd?? In this day and age where contractors have more lawyers than labourers!

As Minister of power, works and housing Fashola should not be telling us about bank of agriculture, in fact this government and their tomato incompetence should not be bragging about agriculture, the last Minister of agriculture already set the bar too high for them.

I voted 4 Change. ... I have lost faith in change.. . 1 year is gone let them focus on improving the current plight of Nigerians instead of trying to divide this country.

Statements like this only divides Nigerians into supporters of Buhari vs supporters of GEJ.. .. No matter how many times they highlight gej's failures it will not improve our current economic problems.

As at last year December I used to believe they can bring all these looters to justice but the EFCC unhealthy fixation on only the campaign funds and it's inability to get a single conviction despite overwhelming evidence has made me loose all hope.

Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola, Lai Moh'd u guys should please focus on the present GEJ is receiving international acclaim for his work in this country would you all be so recognized at the end of your tenure?!

If you read stuff outside of the prisms of them and us you would realize that Jonathan is not the target of that speech. He spoke about understanding the past in order to address the future. He was in fact addressing the civil servants that clear due process. Money allocated is often not used. It is true that some of it got stolen but some simply was not released due to admin bottlenecks. As we speak 350bn is slowly going through due progress. If care is not taken, only half will be released before next year's budget.

This is a warning is to civil servants working under this administration not an attack on Jonathan. I don't blame you. Many of today's young people have been sucked into " polarity" thinking; the assumption of an extreme position in order to argue against another extreme position.

Do read it again in the light of what I have just said.

Blessings.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Rikidony(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2016
vRendoh:

How many of the APCs were not PDPs three years ago? They just changed their clothes to win reelections or gain positions. na wao ! tongue
A CONSOLING WORD OF A WAILER IN THE FACE OF A DAMMING TRUTH
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by kan12(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2016
what of the contractor's they paid that did not deliver?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Rikidony(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2016
Paperwhite:
So what is this damned APC government to Nigeria now? This is just a vicious cycle of power thirsty & corrupt politicians taking turns to continually rape our nation dry.Get that into your medulla oblongata if really you have any man.
IPOB YOOT WHAT MORE DO YOU KNW APART FROM INSULT.

APC IS HERE TO STAY U CAN FUVVKING KILL YA SELF

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by 49cents(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Rikidony:
may PDP never rule us again.

such an havoc for a nation

What's PDP? What's APC?

Are they all Nigerians?

Stop blinding yourself...

Nigeria's issues is way deeper than that
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by SucreB: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2016
bigtt76:
Jonathan this Jonathan that..... enough of all this and face your work. In as much as we all don't like Jonathan, it doesn't mean we should not live our lives naaaaaa. Your government has done it's own budget Oya pay new contractors naaaa #ewu
hahahahahahaha.......i dey feel thos your stressing letters. lol

everyone is tired of their complaint for real
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
You better shutup incompetent and corrupt minister for darkness, continue d blame game, wen GEJ is busy receiving awards, instead of u to talk to ur president that it is not wise to merge 3 parastatals together, u are busy blaming GEJ, let's see how it will all end. angry
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by dumodust(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2016
oloriooko:
Fashola should give us facts and figures not this trashy blanket statements. He is a lawyer, he knows the importance of facts, so he should shut the fvck up or be smart whenever he opens the mouth.
GEJ failed to deliver as the presi, this we know angry
What do you expect from someone who as commander in chief of lagos said he doesn't sign checks in response to fraud allegation?
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by engineerboat(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2016
obailala:
What about the road?

This is Lagos ibadan road started by part admin.
What is the present govt doing now.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by ridwanayo(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2016
WaleBinSanusi:
u r just a big fool to believe things happen over night...when things happen over night u should be scared coz they say "nothing good comes easy"
you are also a bigger fool if u think am expecting them to perform magic,lot of kids on nairaland this days,atleast if they av nt delivered anything yet we should be seeing good traces of sincerity in them,instead they keep blaming gej everyday.please go nd prepare for next year jamb,post-utme has been canceled so jamb is gonna be tedious
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by anonimi: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Rikidony:
may PDP never rule us again.

such an havoc for a nation

But the worst elements of PDP continue to rule you as born-to-gain APC progreTHIEVES, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by goodvision12(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Harkindeylee:
Hmmmmmm.. Wetin iono go hear from this govt.
Fashola is a failure and a thief.Since he came on board as a minister of power he has not done and achieved anything.Our power situation is worsening everyday.Instead of him to resign he is talking rubbish and decieving his fellow Zombies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by ridwanayo(m): 10:35am On Jun 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You expect what GEJ could not do for years to be done in months? How do some of think?
am not expecting apc to perform magic bro,atleast we should be seeing traces of sincerity by them nd they should be laying foundation by now.one year is gone it remains two more years.cause politically 2019 is gonna be used for campaigning nd decieving gullible people.please stop blaming gej cause we didn't just gain independent in last 6years,why not blame yaradua,obj nd our past military rulers coz they all failed us
Goodmorning bruv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by osita76(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2016
maupe:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205035-jonathan-govt-budgeted-billions-roads-3-years-failed-pay-contractors-fashola.html
Fashola speaking from both sides of the mouth you made us to understand that Jonathans' administration rehabilitated more kilometers of road than others past presidents why now singing another tune apc is synonymous with lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by anonimi: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2016
engineerboat:

The present government cannot do ANYTHING.
Abi the Agbaya called Ebola Owu is no longer their party's "navigator" ni
The second time ruler ruiner who did NOTHING for eight years on the Lagos-Ibadan road and others.
Thankfully, Jonathan came along and dedicated himself to real work that many who are not zombies saw, felt and appreciated.

anonimi:

Lagos-Ibadan road ongoing reconstruction
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by korday: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=amazon14 post=46434769]What did you do with 5000 thousand mega watts you inherited from Gej? you ran it to zero.pleeease fashola give US light. Enough of you nonsense.. bro stupidly is when you hail Niger Delta Avengers on Nairaland and you blame Fashola for electricity. every action is connected. tour hate will make hate economy. let NDA keep bombing at least you can still afford candle.. ode
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by menxer: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2016
aminho:
mr Dullard Roads are under ministry of works

Don't blame the person, the difference between works and transport can be confusing and some people tend to think the two are synonymous. grin
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by henrysam(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2016
ridwanayo:
mr zombie can u tell me his achievement in any of his ministry so far,I hate when zombies quote me please don't quote me again
Zombie will continue to quote you that is why they are zombies
They don't think and they don't listen to correction dog is even better than them
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by ridwanayo(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2016
henrysam:

Zombie will continue to quote you that is why they are zombies
They don't think and they don't listen to correction dog is even better than them
I tire for them oh,they are so brainwashed,they would keep insulting I don't know maybe its compulsory to share same view with them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by jaybee3(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2016
engineerboat:

Mr name checker.....

What happen to fashola rocket science theory.....

http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-steady-power-supply-possible/

Under fashola more with all his ticket science theory power crumble to zero MW power. ..

http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-steady-power-supply-possible/

Am not ashamed of my profession and I understand what am saying

Summary is that Politicians are liars and cannot be faithful to their words

What exactly is your profession if i may ask?

Let’s start from there bro
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by anonimi: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2016
korday:
Enough of you nonsense.. bro stupidly is when you hail Niger Delta Avengers on Nairaland and you blame Fashola for electricity. every action is connected. tour hate will make hate economy. let NDA keep bombing at least you can still afford candle.. ode

I thought Buhari was sold to us as our "only saviour" who can FIX all things.
What has changed

egift:
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAwuEsjUQAA8eTD.jpg:large[/img]

This is a man who understands exactly what to do. Has a track record of victories. And has the political will to keep Nigerians safe across the Federation.

Kidnapper, Terrorists, Militants, Arm Rubbers, Criminals - find something legitimate to do with your life. The next President of Nigeria is NOT into Military-Costume-Wearing. He is a Retired Major General. Trained in Nigeria, India, United Kingdom and the United States. He is an over performer. He is not shy of the Facts. Our Senior Military Commanders will not eat Military budget and clean mouth under his watch.

Don't mind those that tell you that Nigeria Cannot be Changed. That things can't be better. They just want to keep looting. When they exhaust their lies, they will start mocking, insulting and posting cartoons.

While PDP are hoping to rig themselves in, Buhari and the entire APC team believe you have the capacity to elect Buhari with your votes alone. Let see who wins (PDP Rigging vs The Votes of the Masses).

This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari. 5days to go!
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by jaybee3(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Elxandre:

Of course I saw the error in his post, but I'm not as lame as you are to dwell on his technically wrong choice of words.

So it’s acceptable for him to use wrong Technical words even though they had be easily misinterpreted right?

Elxandre:

The fact remains he passed across a blatant fact unanimously agreed by most that power supply has depreciated drastically.

Power generation has dropped because most of our plants are thermal and the renewed militancy has affected our ability to generate to our maximum installed capacity. Fashola has managed to solve the legal hurdle (inherited from the previous administration ) surrounding Prof Bart Nnaji’s geometric plant. Obviously that’s a diversification from the cheap and otherwise thought to be readily available Gas which we now know and agree has inherent supply challenges. They have published their roadmap to sustainable improvement by ensuring they consolidate on the capacity and aggressively diversify the upcoming plants they plan to bring on stream.
The mambila hydro plant
The solar plants
The various other hydro plants scattered around the country

Elxandre:

The average man on the streets doesn't give a damn what took off his power supply, all he notes is that the present administration has made him buy several rechargeable lamps and power banks, and it is with this impression he will judge the performance of the administration.

You are not the average man so it’s your responsibility to educate them so conjectures don’t appear as fact
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by sojics(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2016
Shaaarrraaaaap your dirt mouth! Every time jona this jona that! shameless ignoramus of opiomtorism .
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by engineerboat(m): 11:27am On Jun 10, 2016
jaybee3:

What exactly is your profession if i may ask?

Let’s start from there bro

So you don't know profession and you could say this

jaybee3:

Your username is a mockery of a profession i hold dearly

The country was at no point constantly generating to its installation capacity

Besides, most of the power plants are based on thermal technology meaning they are heavy reliant on Gas (which of recent has sadly become a scarce commodity) to power the turbines
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by proprince(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Fashola can lie sha undecided
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by chikurch(f): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

How do you know where you're going to when you don't know where you're coming from?

I thought we are coming from a clueless government to change government. .. 1 year gone and we are still looking back at the clueless government. it means they where not clueless after all.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by DRCIC(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
An irresponsible set of people, always looking for whom apportion blames to.

As terrible as u claimed Jonathan's government was we did not experience absolute power outage nationwide for 3 solid hours but in this so-called Change regime.

Guy pls stand up to ur duty and stop this child's play u guys are into.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by obailala(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
engineerboat:

Is this the first time you are hearing of govt starting works on lagos ibadan road?... If the last admin starts work on it, did OBJ's admin not at some point also do work on the same road?.. after OBJ, how much of the job was completed?.. after the past GEJ admin, how much of work was done on the road?... Once again the present admin has budgeted its largest chunk for this same road and the budget was only approved last month, so what exactly is the big deal about starting works on an abandoned road project?? undecided
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by pachidemi(m): 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm sure after this four years of suffering, there will be nothing like APC again,
let me see how this foolish man.called fashole will open his mouth again to insult our "HERO" who maintain peace in this country.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by CioAngels(f): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Just like rotimi ameachi did not pay others and road contractors that worked in rivers state and there after defected to apc and used the money to fund apc election campaign. Fashola, you that paid, why did the lagos badagry road was abandoned for years? Oh, you useed the money to construct two boles and your website. Bloody Smooth/Queit Operator.
Re: Jonathan Budgeted Billions For Roads But Failed To Pay Contractors – Fashola by oloriooko(m): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
koboko69:

They are here again, if figures are released, they will call it over bloated, lies, propaganda,......if it is proven, they will say enogh of blame..... clowns grin
Smart and purpose driven people talk with facts and figures not blanket statements like half baked graduate.
Being a governor of 8yrs and a reputed lawyer, he should talk like one not like Lai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Kuti: "Tear Obasanjo And Babangida's Letters, Don't Give Them Audience" / Governor Akinwunmi Ambode - The True Lagos Legacy / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.