Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake (18594 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Odogwua: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2016
In situations like this, I always Question my Nationality.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by martineverest(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2016
D
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by stasius: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2016
No wonder we have many cases of CANCER these days. Too bad.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Koolmexxi(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2016
How many of their own products are in d market? D recent tomatoes scarcity is one of the major factors. Some ppl jus flooded the market with junks in d name of tomato pastes. But still yet d Tomato manufacturers should take some of the blame...
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by pattyphil(f): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2016
God Help Us
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by kirchofff(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2016
Why can't they list the brands of the fake tomatoes?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by rosalieene(f): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
This erisco foods coy doesn't even a quality control lab. So then how do they check the quality of their products. This company is very big yet! May God save Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by rosalieene(f): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2016
This erisco foods coy doesn't even a quality control lab. So then how do they check the quality of their products. This company is very big yet! May God save Nigerians..
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by mzzhavilah(f): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2016
Business strategy,now they will stop importation den Dangote and d rest of dem who lay the claim will be d only recognized manufacturer and sellers. Tin tomatoes price will increase. It is well with us.

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by ndcide(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2016
I just bought a carton of HEINZ tomatoes now. Is it also fake?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2016
True, especially those imported from China, most of em are made of flour, mixed with colours and make-believe flavours.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2016
rosalieene:
This erisco foods coy doesn't even a quality control lab. So then how do they check the quality of their products. This company is very big yet! May God save Nigerians.

Doesn't change the fact that way they're saying is true. Maybe they've got sinister momotives but still, it's true, most of those imported tomato paste, their factories have never seen a single fresh tomato since inception.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Evalily(f): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2016
dangote of course.... what do you expect
Mike008:
Which are the remaining 8.99% genuine ones?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by toprealman: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2016
marwanafrica:
I blame the regulatory bodies eg Nafdac
poor Dora. RIP ma.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by mu2sa2: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2016
This statement should be taken with a pinch of salt. Nafdac, not these tomato manufacturing companies, certifies imported tomatoes. These companies are only trying to discredit the imported stuff, maybe with the aim of getting them banned. Even the ones they themselves are producing are inferior to fresh tomatoes. What if tomatoe farmers begin their own campaign that processed tomatoes by Dangote, erisco and Savannah can cause cancer?

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by funstufz: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2016
All nah wash...

Na so dem talk about indomie the other time...

Cement

Sugar

Flour... and others...

Badmouthing other peoples investment to introduce yours...

I wonder at this 'parochial' attitude of the so-called...

too bad

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by caprini1: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2016
MrCow:
true
Gino I know
De Rica I know

The rest who You b?
Its actually the Gino's and De ricas,that they are codedly discrediting, to push their own brands forward grin
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by toprealman: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2016
sukkot:
LOLZ fake tomato paste ? wtf does that mean ?
that the tomato paste you consume na fake.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by sukkot: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2016
toprealman:
that the tomato paste you consume na fake.
and what does that entail ? it is made of grounded red crayons mixed with water ? is it food or not ?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by DonCortino: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote trying to kill off other marketers just like he wanted to kill off ibeto cement.

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by toprealman: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Hub
MrCow:
true
Gino I know
De Rica I know

The rest who You b?
La bianca na Gino elder brother.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by toprealman: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Hub
MrCow:
true
Gino I know
De Rica I know

The rest who You b?
La bianca na Gino elder brother.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by jaybeekay(f): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2016
na wa. i don tire cry
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by toprealman: 9:45am On Jun 10, 2016
sukkot:
and what does that entail ? it is made of grounded red crayons mixed with water ? is it food or not ?
You funny die!
What it means is that the food value/ proximate analysis table you see on these consumables are all fake.
It does not reflect on the actual product content.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by AuroraB(f): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2016
I kukuma no dey use am angry
Will never do angry cool
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by gbishman: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2016
You guys are crazy, it's ur product that is not fake. U want to monopolize the market, if they are fake let it be at least no one has suffered of tomatoe paste death
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2016
scam alert. You guys are promoting your companies indirectly. No be Dangote? Na only hin product better pass

Since his involvement in Tomatoes, it became costlier than oil

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Ad0rable: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2016
I hate all dangote products, spagetti, macroni, salt etc so even though they call other products fake I will never buy their tomato paste when it eventually floods d market. Worst product ever
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by oneroflo57(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Not like their products are even in the market. ..we only see gino. ..de Rica not as popular as it used to be ,la bianca rarely...then those 30 to 40 naira own...I have never seen dangote or savannahs or what ever other made in nigeria tomato in my life ...so na dem know wetin them de talk about
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by fairheven: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2016
can we have their names atleast?

I use Derica and Gino.. are they fake too?
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by tauraro22: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2016
All na wash. Una wan discredit the ones wey don dey market already so that Dangote's own go fit enter market. Before na fuel marketers be our headache now na tomatoes manufacturers don start their own. Smh! If 91% paste tomatoes in Nigeria are all fake, why una no talk am since? If una dey talk true, make una list out the names of all the fake paste tomatoes and the name of their manufacturing companies make we see.

I no blame una. Na gullible people wey listen to una I dey blame.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by bmaks: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2016
Same talk we heard when they came out against INDOMIE.....hmmmmm
Suddenly our good Old De Rica, Gino, Tomapep are now fake because some people just finish building their own processing plant......hmmm
If you want to change the tide in the market change it and no spoil other people name to advance your own cause because same thing you've done awaits you in front..hmmm
Hypo no fight Jik or Parozone to enter bleach market o, na just competitive edge and aggressive marketing dem use.....
No force hands to your side because you sabi the so called power brokers today....

Una don try create panic for tomato farming, we no shout too much, make una hol una sef ooooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones / Lagos Bans Use Of Motorbikes,air Cooling Vans For Meat Transportation / Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.