Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake (18595 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by lonelydora: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2016
Calling wifey to stop using tomatoes. "Ofe Akwu" or Bangs soup sure pass.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by egariyi(f): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2016
lamzybaby:
Tomato pastes manufacturers in the country yesterday told the House of Representatives Joint Committees on Healthcare Services and Drugs and Narcotics that over 91.1 percent of tomato pastes in the country were fake and substandard.

Some of the tomato pastes manufacturing companies that attended the public hearing were Dangote Farms, Erisco Foods Limited and Savanna Farms.

In his submission, the legal adviser of Erisco Foods, Abdulraham Kadri told the committee that the company, alongside Dangote Farms and Savanna Farms, were not at the public hearing because of the financial damage substandard and fake tomato pastes had caused the country.

More: http://nigerianpilot.com/tomato-pastes-in-nigeria-are-fake/

This is a ploy to pave way for their business and to cash in on the tomato shortage in the country. is it together we have been using tin tomatoes. Abegi, i will continue to use it and if I see a locally made paste that is good, I will patronize it. shekina!
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 10, 2016
ok, so I watched a video of those Chinese people making tomato paste with pawpaw and some other shyte, that day I stopped using tomato paste.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by justmi1: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2016
what is "fake"? we need to really define what fake is, because for all i know, the "so-called" fresh tomatoes can as well be "genetically" modified, so will that be original? these days almost everything you eat or "not eat" will kill you. so i suggest we eat anyway, we will all DIE anyway, fake or originally.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by onosprince(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2016
Thanks man... grin

McBrooklyn:
Everything about Nigeria sef na Fake! Some Nigerians sef na Fake!!! Nigeria itself na Fake!!!

Meanwhile . . .

*** How to Deal with Someone Who is Disturbing You with Unnecessary Calls *** cheesy cheesy

"Go to OLX, Advertise iPhone 6 for 20,000naira. Leave His or Her Number as Contact There, and then Sit Back, Smile and Drink Chilled Zobo" grin grin grin

You can try cos it is simple and effective and you can actually thank me later cool
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by mikkypel(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2016
VocalWalls:
Trying to justify selling the small tin for 150?

Give us like that, my wife can work her magic around it.

GOD BLESS U SIR... Its just a means of enriching their pocket amidst the hike in tomato price.. MARKET PROPANGANDA
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by McBrooklyn(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2016
onosprince:
Thanks man... grin
You're welcome, Dear! Anything for a beauty! wink
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Rukkydelta(f): 11:48am On Jun 10, 2016
Whether na fake or na original suffer say e no dey kill african man then no problem
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Ganjafama(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2016
c4tnoelz:
I tot az much, daz y i stopd uzing tomato paste, am kk wif pepper n shambo
Your husband will have a hard time reading your text messages.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by tauraro22: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2016
91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake - Tomato Pastes Manufacturers

Eee... Eziokwu? Abegi! All na wash. Una wan discredit the ones wey don dey market already so that Dangote's own go fit enter market. Before na fuel marketers be our headache now na tomatoes manufacturers don start their own. Smh! If 91% paste tomatoes in Nigeria are all fake, why una no talk am since? If una dey talk true, make una list out the names of all the fake paste tomatoes and the name of their manufacturing companies make we see.

If a whooping 91.1% na fake, who be the 8.9% wey we go trust? Dangote Farms, Erisco Foods Limited and Savanna Farms? So, una wan tell us now say the likes derica and gino tomato pastes are all fake? I no blame una. Na gullible people wey dey listen to una I dey blame. Until una produce statistical evidence, na for truck wey carry sand una dey hit hand.

2 Likes

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2016
I don't eat tomatos anymore, my wife cooks vegetables e.g. cucumber, carrot, fresh pepper etc. Very sweet.

Until nigeria get there, we have to improvise to survive.

babdap:
God save us all, tin tomato were substitute for most Nigerians. now that we knew 91.1% re fake what are we going to be eating.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by eaglechild: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote is fertilizing the soil for a tomato monopoly.

Next you'll hear is a complete ban on importation of canned tomatoes.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Ayatullah(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
mzzhavilah:
Business strategy,now they will stop importation den Dangote and d rest of dem who lay the claim will be d only recognized manufacturer and sellers. Tin tomatoes price will increase. It is well with us.

You are very free to keep buying and consuming the fake ones, but remember that you have been warned.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by jtwest(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ehn en, so wetin I don dey use cook my jollof rice since?
Make I book this space for here.
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by darlenese(f): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hahahhahha Ericso food wants to force Nigerians to buy his product , if he likes he should keep sponsoring lies , they are seeking for ways to impose a ban of imported tomatoes paste just to promote their product !

POOR MARKETING STRATEGY ,

BTW.... Why does he always market his product on TV by himself , when there are young minds that can do that for him!

That's the main reason I can never patronise him!
Stingy man ,
Only u produce
Only u dey advertise
Only you dey market ur product
Msheeeeew

1 Like

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
But my grandmother and mother have been using De Rica and Gino since so how did it become fake now?,Chai!,APC and lies kontinu! undecided

Meanwhile in other news grin

Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by titiakins: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
avril9:
this is only a plot to discredit other products n create fear in d hearts of consumers.its not enough to say its fake,give us proves,but sometimes u can't help but blame d crafty n wicked minds of d average nigerian wit d way dey import all junks from abroad
thank you

Dangote have started advertisement
Re: 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake by Skills10: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
My Sister, that is the truth of the matter. You are very correct.

mzzhavilah
:
Business strategy,now they will stop importation den Dangote and d rest of dem who lay the claim will be d only recognized manufacturer and sellers. Tin tomatoes price will increase. It is well with us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones / Lagos Bans Use Of Motorbikes,air Cooling Vans For Meat Transportation / Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.