Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Worlds Oldest Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worlds Oldest Religion (3343 Views)

Is Judaism the oldest religion? / The First And Oldest Church In Nigeria Gets Record Certificate[pics] / Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At 114yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worlds Oldest Religion by Isisasi: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
Does anybody know the oldest religion in the world? I think this is the one I will practice. It occured to me that a new religion cannot be correct because thats a changing God.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by mantraa: 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
Animism is the oldest religion in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by kolaoloye(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
Isisasi:

Does anybody know the oldest religion in the world? I think this is the one I will practice. It occured to me that a new religion cannot be correct because thats a changing God.

shocked shocked Why do you want to add more confusion to what is already on the ground after all God did not create any religion.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by KunleOshob(m): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
kola oloye:

shocked shocked Why do you want to add more confusion to what is already on the ground after all God did not create any religion.
Abi oh!
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by olabowale(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
@thread starter; it is islam. proof, lets concentrate on the so called monotheistic religions for a moment; judaism, christianity and islam. while muhammad (AS) did not start islam, but was completed on him, jesus did not start christianity and will not participate in it if he were on earth now, o when he will return. moses did not start judaism and will not participate in if if he were to be on earth right now and in the day of judgement shall not accept the present religious jews as his nation members.

the religion practised by ibrahim dubbed father of faith, should be the religion that you are looking for. that same religion should not be different from what noah and those who escaped drowning in th flood, what enoch and those who worshipped with him, and what the first man adam and his wife practised along with abel, the reason of his goodliness which prompted cain his jealouse brother to kill him!

now think about the religion that is the religion of these noble people. for sure it is not christianity. thats easy to see. now lets argue about whether this is judaism or islam. as i have said about moses, the one who received torah, neither did he practise judaism, nor practised what the children of israel, the people now called jews practise. look at their religion and process of worship and tell me what moses did among them. if you look at the bible, there is the arc of the covenant, and the tabernacle, etc. shw me one single place in their places of worship that has any?

but could moses have had any religion different from what ibrahim had? not possible, because it mean that One God changes the way for mankind, not one true way, but more than one true ways! that will be impossible to swallow. so if we take it that ibrahim left his country because of idolatry is unacceptable to im, then we have to know that idolatry is not just having symbolic physical representative, of only innanimate objects, but living things and beings, including angels in heaves, or jinns in some other spheres, or prophets or messengers indeed anything other than the One true God, indivisible Entity and Unique in all ways!

this argument lead us to believe that all prophets and messengers of God, from Adam all the way to muhammad (AS) have the same religion of the form that fits their time, before the succeeding prophet comes to build up on it. for example, the simplestform of this religion therefore, evn in its most basic form must have a threadcommon in it with it most complex and complete form. tht thread is therefore the belief that God is a single unit one, indivisible and nothing should be worshipped along with Him to be in that line of belief/faith. the leader of that community of believer should be the messenger and or prophet (a reformer) in his time. the jews have bastardize the monotheistic religion that they got from moses by changing it to what they want, adopting their rabbis as gods because they accept their ways while rejecting what the true messenger/prophet left or commanded. therefore they are pagans or disbelievers by this, and it is compunded by their rejection of other messengers/prophets, even the one that came from their bloodlines. they rejected jesus as a very glearing example.

the christians did just exactly, following in their footstep by being zealots and exagerated the role of a noble sole for whatever reason from messenger/prophet to God Almight Himself, slicing and dicing God to include an Angel; Gabreil! we see how the gospel a single revelation has four different recognized versions, and with the additions of post jesus writings as the christian bible!

now lets talk about islam and see if it qualifies. while the jewish got its name from judah a tribe from judah, a son of jacob, christianity got its name from people of antiock! neither name is from God, Whom they say they worship! Islam on the other hand is different. its definition is simply submission to the Will of God,Whom is called Allah in Arabic, and Oluwa in Yoruba and other tribes have their particular name or names for the Creator! this is the religion of adam, since God when He created him, and place his wife eve with him, he and her were told to submit as they were told to not near aparticular tree because they will be disobeying/not submitting.

when a person submit, you can not say that they are disobedient or disobeying!
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by olabowale(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
you guys should answer the dude's question and give thought provoking reason to support you claim! what i dislike is a single liner answers, a docking of questions, or giving links when you can tell us what you got from the link, and other ways of coping out!
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by PastorAIO: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2009
olabowale:

you guys should answer the dude's question and give thought provoking reason to support you claim! what i dislike is a single liner answers, a docking of questions, or giving links when you can tell us what you got from the link, and other ways of coping out!

Greetings! Ramadan Kareem, sir.

Please, the guy asked for the oldest religion and you responded with a load of dogma. I would imagine that his request required more than that. Evidence of your religion dating from prehistoric times etc. Are there any copies of the koran contemporary with the cave paintings that I gave a link to?

Or maybe any mention of Islam in any prehistoric texts or perhaps even some archaeological evidence of Islamic practices.

I await your response with eager anticipation.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by bawomolo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
kola oloye:

a little research doesn't hurt
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by jagunlabi(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2009
LMAO!! cheesy
Olabowale attempts to prove that ISLAM, the baby religion,is the oldest religion in the world!!!Hahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by muhsin(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc all preach monotheism.

Only Islam amongst these mentioned religions stand its teaching. The rest are interpolated.

Thus Olabowale's words are right and are but true.

May God, the Eternal, bless.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by mazaje(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
@olabowale

Will you please SHUT UP! What is all this nonsense you have written? When will you learn to think for your self instead of blindly following the writings, fantasies and lies of ancient arab liars?
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Olabowale

It is amazing that you claim that islam is the oldest religion in the world.

All the secular historians that predated Mohammed, Jesephus,herodotus,tacitus,philo e.t.c

None mentioned the religion.

Islam started in the 7th century and not earlier than that Mohammed was the first Moslem

How on earth do yopu want me to beleive that thte entire koran was corrupted and not even one original one was spared.

How do you think that is possible?

Why didn't secular historians mention it ?

Even the dead sea scrolls that was found in egypt further laid credence tom christian and jewish beliefs none contained islamic writings.

All attempts to backdate this false religion will fail
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by muhsin(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Mazare,

What crap are you saying?

If you can't answer the OP, better keep quiet. Olabowale has his try.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
Olabowale is obviously obsessively deluded.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by muhsin(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
Can't you too explain your points? Mts.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by PastorAIO: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Muhsin. What do you think of the fact that there is no mention of Islam before the 7th century. Not only no mention of Islam but of many of the defining traits of Islam. Is there any mention anywhere of anyone, saint, prophet or sinner ever fasting for a month at the sighting of a new moon? Is there any mention in the history books of anyone going to Mecca to throw stones at the devil?

Did Jesus or any of the prophets ever take a pilgrimage to Mecca at any point in their lives?

Or any other practice of Islam that may remind me of (I'm not that acquainted with all it's practises). Can you tell me where they were mentioned before 7th century?
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by Ben13: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2009
you guys are hot hia
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by mazaje(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
muhsin:

@Mazare,

What crap are you saying?

If you can't answer the OP, better keep quiet. Olabowale has his try.

Will you shut up and be quite. . .Mahauka chi kawai. . . .What I am saying is that will you deluded people ever think for yourselves? Why accept the lies, myths and fairy tales of deluded arabs that lived long ago who though that a man once divided the moon into two and made it bow down to him?. . . dukan ku a zare ku ke. . .mahaukata. . . .
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
@ poster - the only true religion rests within conscience. No need for history or dogma.
Re: Worlds Oldest Religion by skyone(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2009
olabowale:

@thread starter; it is islam. proof, lets concentrate on the so called monotheistic religions for a moment; judaism, christianity and islam. while muhammad (AS) did not start islam, but was completed on him, jesus did not start christianity and will not participate in it if he were on earth now, o when he will return. moses did not start judaism and will not participate in if if he were to be on earth right now and in the day of judgement shall not accept the present religious jews as his nation members.

the religion practised by ibrahim dubbed father of faith, should be the religion that you are looking for. that same religion should not be different from what noah and those who escaped drowning in th flood, what enoch and those who worshipped with him, and what the first man adam and his wife practised along with abel, the reason of his goodliness which prompted cain his jealouse brother to kill him!

now think about the religion that is the religion of these noble people. for sure it is not christianity. thats easy to see. now lets argue about whether this is judaism or islam. as i have said about moses, the one who received torah, neither did he practise judaism, nor practised what the children of israel, the people now called jews practise. look at their religion and process of worship and tell me what moses did among them. if you look at the bible, there is the arc of the covenant, and the tabernacle, etc. shw me one single place in their places of worship that has any?

but could moses have had any religion different from what ibrahim had? not possible, because it mean that One God changes the way for mankind, not one true way, but more than one true ways! that will be impossible to swallow. so if we take it that ibrahim left his country because of idolatry is unacceptable to im, then we have to know that idolatry is not just having symbolic physical representative, of only innanimate objects, but living things and beings, including angels in heaves, or jinns in some other spheres, or prophets or messengers indeed anything other than the One true God, indivisible Entity and Unique in all ways!

this argument lead us to believe that all prophets and messengers of God, from Adam all the way to muhammad (AS) have the same religion of the form that fits their time, before the succeeding prophet comes to build up on it. for example, the simplestform of this religion therefore, evn in its most basic form must have a threadcommon in it with it most complex and complete form. tht thread is therefore the belief that God is a single unit one, indivisible and nothing should be worshipped along with Him to be in that line of belief/faith. the leader of that community of believer should be the messenger and or prophet (a reformer) in his time. the jews have bastardize the monotheistic religion that they got from moses by changing it to what they want, adopting their rabbis as gods because they accept their ways while rejecting what the true messenger/prophet left or commanded. therefore they are pagans or disbelievers by this, and it is compunded by their rejection of other messengers/prophets, even the one that came from their bloodlines. they rejected jesus as a very glearing example.

the christians did just exactly, following in their footstep by being zealots and exagerated the role of a noble sole for whatever reason from messenger/prophet to God Almight Himself, slicing and dicing God to include an Angel; Gabreil! we see how the gospel a single revelation has four different recognized versions, and with the additions of post jesus writings as the christian bible!

now lets talk about islam and see if it qualifies. while the jewish got its name from judah a tribe from judah, a son of jacob, christianity got its name from people of antiock! neither name is from God, Whom they say they worship! Islam on the other hand is different. its definition is simply submission to the Will of God,Whom is called Allah in Arabic, and Oluwa in Yoruba and other tribes have their particular name or names for the Creator! this is the religion of adam, since God when He created him, and place his wife eve with him, he and her were told to submit as they were told to not near aparticular tree because they will be disobeying/not submitting.

when a person submit, you can not say that they are disobedient or disobeying!

Sorry all of the above has been abrogated grin

(1) (Reply)

The Law Has Been Abolished / Amen....to This. / What Is Religion Turning Us Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.