Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? (722 Views)

Lady Who Refused To Forgive Ex-boyfriend Till He Died 'cos Of Pride Shares Story / Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by graciella(f): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
There is this friend of mine that does something really terrible to me and i keep forgiving him, and as i am typing this now, he has committed another terrible offence. Please, for how long do i keep forgiving this friend of mine?

I dont like to keep grudges within me, but what do i do now?
and as it is now, he has refused to pick his calls
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by posakosa(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2009
If he is only a friend and you treasure the friendship, For as many times as possible. No one is perfect,

But if its an immature relationship, I suggest you find ways to cut him off nicely,
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by TheSeeker(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
You're seeking advice and you're pretending. . . what kind of friend? Be clear my friend, is he a boyfriend or just a friend? angry angry

By the way, didn't Jesus tell Peter how many times he needs to forgive daily? Try half of that and you'll be good.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by graciella(f): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2009
EMm

OK, hes a boyfriend,

I think i should give him a kind of punishment, not that i wont forgive him, but just a small punishment. wht do u suggest, because now am very very confused.

I hv forgiven him small sha, but now to pick his calls becomes the problem because i am becoming worried day by day

??
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by posakosa(m): 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
how about you both move on, may be you don't belong together, keep it moving homey,
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by TheSeeker(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
graciella:

EMm

OK, hes a boyfriend,

I think i should give him a kind of punishment, not that i wont forgive him, but just a small punishment. wht do u suggest, because now am very very confused.

I hv forgiven him small sha, but now to pick his calls becomes the problem because i am becoming worried day by day

??
Now you're talking. . . but what's with the "I have forgiven him small"? You either forgive or you don't.

If you don't mind me asking, what did he do this time? And his last five "offenses" what were they about? Finances? Friendship? Interaction? Cheating? Negligence? What?
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by graciella(f): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
He makes promises that he cant fulfil.

the problem here is that

he is coming to see me, after the promise, he would not come. calling his number, he wont pick. can u stand that?
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by TheSeeker(m): 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
Ok, that's still easy. You've tried to hear his side of the story but he didn't explain. I suggest you give him some time to get back to you. Stop pestering him with calls. . . maybe he's going through something he doesn't want to, for some reasons, tell you now. Wait it out and see what he's got to say to you, say in the next three days to one week. If after that period he doesn't touch base with you, then it's a red-flag.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by peroxide(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2009
Don't you think you are just being over sensitive? You know this could cost you a great boyfriend and future mate. There must be some circumstances that are stopping him from coming to see you, and knowing how you could react he doesnt even dare pick the phone, would prefer to take it on face to face and i believe he is feeling guilty. I say go slow on him, he is human and can make mistakes, don't condemn him for everything. But don't let him go too far with it, lol!
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by graciella(f): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
av sent him an email, hope he responds. i dont want red flag oh
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by peroxide(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
I suggest don't call him about that matter and the email wasn't that really necessary if you are going to meet him very soon. When you finally talk about the matter don't hang on it you could be very nagging and guys dont like a nagging Girl i assure you. Always give him a benefit of doubt and understand him then you won't lose him unnecessarily.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by djcrucifix(m): 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
 forgiveness is an important factor in a relationship but when the guy doesn't want to change. u had better discard the bloke ASAP
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by posakosa(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
djcrucifix:

forgiveness is an important factor in a relationship but when the guy doesn't want to change. u had better discard the bloke ASAP

Well said. It sounds like an immature relationship.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by GEW: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2009
djcrucifix:

agree. forgiveness is a bridge we must cross but dont equate it with foolishness.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by graciella(f): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
Its not Immature Mr. posakosa.

I forgive pple very well, i jst asked a question.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by biola44: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
maybe u havent been firm while forgiving
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by ogogoro: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Do you go to see him, or is it one-way traffic?
If you are christian, then the limit on forgiving each person is 343,000 times. When they have offended you that number of times, you are not eligible to forgive them anymore.
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by newjay(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
If you pressure him into making promises he is bound to break some if not all of them. Just let him make promises out of his free will and there will be less cause for offence
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Yes forgiveness is good. . but taking back ain't good! kiss
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by Basildon1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2009
U don fumble as you call am your friend,

I havent got a crystal ball but i think he's eating his cake and having it, you guys dont have anything concrete, so you cant really handle the fact he is doing you and doing someone else. best thing is make everything concrete,if he's not cool then cut the whole thing early
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by iice(f): 4:12am On Aug 31, 2009
As a friend, it depends on the gravity of the situation/offense
As a boyfriend. . .again depends

It's not wrong to forgive but if one keeps repeating the offense, then. . . undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Forgive The One You Love? by ngel0v3(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2009
Forgiveness is the basis of all relationships, whether romantic or otherwise. But you shouldn't use that as a guise to allow any form of misbehaviour from a romantic partner. Now from what I can judge, it seems this guy is trying to shake you off. You know, call you off. End the relationship? However you wanna put it!

I am not judging (I can't from the little detail you ain't giving perhaps). Maybe you need to elaborate more, huh? We could chat in real-time. (Check my profile for my Yahoo! ID)

(1) (Reply)

Temptation Quiz II / The Romantic Side Of Me. / Ladies You Can Make Your Man Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.