Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says (35549 Views)

Shocking! Unilorin Lecturer Caught Doing This To Female Student(photos) / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by infolekan(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2016
ogawisdom:

Dnt u have sense at all. D case against this lecturer is sexual harassment n d content of audio evidence against this man is grossly insufficient to prove d case get dt into ur thick head. By d way did u listen to d tape. It merely depicts a lecturer asking for sex n d std saying no n d lecturer walks away so were is d harassment. Their conversation could even happen bw husband n wife self. D girl kept saying her breast is paining her as her reason for turning d lecturer down n even promised to give in next time. Set up rubbish

And this guys handle has wisdom in it.
It depicts a lecturer asking a student for sex and the student says no and the lecturer walks away. In a work place. A lecturer to a student. And in your own world that's no biggie. Like how old are you seriously? Wondering how someone like you would manage your home if you could reason so low...and I'm sure you probably have 15 million things against the girl.
You're not the sharpest tool in the box really. You seem to be more active in car talk and politics.....would advice you just limit your comments to those threads and not engage in any intellectual conversation here.
Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by Jean2(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2016
More students should learn from this. It is wrong for any Lecturer for any reason to demand for sex, money, whatever form of gratification from Student. Expose any Lecturer that is into this. Do not let fear stop you from taking action.

I know a guy back in school then, he bought a Walkman when his HOD began to ask for gratification, every time the HOD sees him, he says lots of incriminating things. He didn't have to use the recordings though because he just didn't bulge.

It also turned out that the HOD was at loggerheads with some other students about the same time. In addition to these, he included the names of some part-time students that should not go for the NYSC programme in the departmental list.

To cut long story short, the HOD had to resign.
Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
ogawisdom:

Go n sit down olodo, when u get sense u can then mention me

Offer a superior argument and he goes "olodo" grin I'm many things but olodo ain't one of them.

Borrowing from one of Kongi's epic quotes " A tiger does not proclaim its tigritude, he pounces"..Your moniker literally translates to master of wisdom in Yoruba, if you are really wise you would pick a more self-effacing moniker. That my friend is all the attention you will get from me.

Out.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by sosodat: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
Firstly, l do not condone exploitation of students or junior staff by superiors or lecturers.

However specifically in this case, which was presented as sexual harassment & rape....l strongly beg to differ based on the evidence (the audio tape) presented so far.

This at best can be proved as professional misconduct/ethical misconduct which is not a criminal offense but a disciplinary matter by the Faculty board and or University Senate at most.

In the audio evidence firstly, there was no indication that it was actually a student as throughout the 8minutes plus of it, there was no mention of their professional connection but only the location "an office" was explicitly mentioned. ....this a BIG positive for the accused.

Secondly, there was no threat of repercussions on the part of the accused which will help a case against SOME aspects of abuse of power

3rdly, the charge of rape is grossly over-reaching as the girl willingly visited, the accused always stopped any implied action once told and on at least 3 occasions actually told the girl to leave his office (with no threat attached).

From the audio exchange, it could actually be termed consensual negotiation of sexual relations between two consenting adults ....this could be gleaned from what the girl said on different occasions in the audio: "l will like to, but just that my breasts are painful and l am on my period" and also "I can next time" . All these were going on with the girl not held against her will as well as with the door open, been asked to leave on 3 occasions, her personally going to lock the door as well as having the keys to the door.

A counter charge of manipulation and false misrepresentation can be brought against the girl to support the accused's assertion that this was a setup(which becomes a criminal act). It could be argued from the audio evidence that it was the girl initiating & pushing as it was mentioned on 3 occasions by the accused for her to "stop calling his phone and always coming to his office". This is a very strong portion of the audio to assist the accused in proving it could have been a setup.

All in all, based on this evidence (audio), it will be highly insufficient to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of the charges brought against him (sexual harassment & rape) though it will be sufficient for him to be disciplined for professional misconduct/ethical misconduct.

The above is just a logical view of this issue but my sentimental opinion will be to crucify (though not feasible l think) the lecturer because during my university days, there were a few of them exploiting the female students and l won't want my daughter to go through that too.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by EreluY(f): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
jonath0012:

You must be very foolish for making an attempt to make a mockery of my alma mater.

[size=18pt]Go and bury your head in the sand. How much did you pay (or how many prostitutes did you hire) to get your contemptible degree certificate that's not worth the paper it's written on to the likes of the infamous Dr. Mohamed Sani Idiagbon at UNILORIN. The glorified secondary school called UNILORIN didn't even make the top universities in Africa.[/size]

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016
Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by EreluY(f): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
infolekan:

No need to trade words with you. You're obviously as ignorant as you write. It's not against the law for a lecturer to fraternize with a student same way it's not illegal for a doctor to date his patient. It's called professional misconduct and runs against work ethics in almost all institutions. You run foul of the law whenever the other party calls it sexual harassment. It's worse because she's taking a course under him. The lecturer dint deny being involved...he said it was a set up.
Professional misconduct means the police won't come and arrest him but he's definitely going to lose his tenure and his job if there's any sign at all of a possible untoward relationship between them. Plus it's obvious you have a jaundiced view of the whole situation. Don't understand the fool you just called me though. It's totally uncalled for.

[size=18pt]You clearly know what you're writing about here. Sadly, many posters on NL, especially the imbeciles defending this guy bought their ways through higher educational institutions where they paid the likes of the infamous Dr. Mohamed Sani Idiagbon at UNILORIN to enable them 'graduate'. These are the people I call certificated but uneducated and illiterate folks. Save your energy and don't waste your time on this uncivilized lots.[/size]
Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by jonath0012(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2016
EreluY:

[size=18pt]Go and bury your head in the sand. How much did you pay (or how many prostitutes did you hire) to get your contemptible degree certificate that's not worth the paper it's written on to the likes of the infamous Dr. Mohamed Sani Idiagbon at UNILORIN. The glorified secondary school called UNILORIN didn't even make the top universities in Africa.[/size]

Well, you have demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that you are nothing but a teenager. Go figure out your identity first, then I can take you serious.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016
Re: Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says by jonath0012(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2016
EreluY:

Well, you have demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that you are nothing but a "teenage adult". Developing your brain and Figuring out your identity now should be your utmost concern. Until then I won't take your comments serious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre / OAU Sacks Professor Richard Akindele Over Sex For Mark Scandal / Delta Poly Students Celebrate Exit Of Rector By Sweeping Main Gate (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.