Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? (7990 Views)

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / Is This WAEC Result Good For Biochemistry? I Need Your Suggestions And Advice / Nigerian Quadruplets Graduates Simultaneously with Masters Degree In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by truth12(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
I dont really know if this is true but ive heard lots of people say that its possible for a graduate with a science related course to study medicine and surgery in the university. is it really possible? i would have googled it out but it wont give me an experienced answer.

PLEASE I NEED HONEST ANSWERS! THANKS.
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by Toniwirelex: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
MBBS does not allow direct entry
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by davbravo(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Toniwirelex:
you're wrong.......students are admitted via DE into MBBS......N Op, Science courses especially Biochemistry which could also be classified as a Basic Medical Science course and also Anatomy and Physiology are accepted for DE.....but its usually very competive n you'll need to be on at least a 2.1

2 Likes

Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by truth12(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
davbravo:
you're wrong.......students are admitted via DE into MBBS......N Op, Science courses especially Biochemistry which could also be classified as a Basic Medical Science course and also Anatomy and Physiology are accepted for DE.....but its usually very competive n you'll need to be on at least a 2.1

Thanks a lot for that, you saved me from a heartache. are you a medical student?

1 Like

Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by davbravo(m): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
truth12:

Thanks a lot for that, you saved me from a heartache. are you a medical student?
uwc,yeah, but studing Medical Laboratory Sciences
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by Mickop(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
davbravo:
uwc,yeah, but studing Medical Laboratory Sciences
cool.
which school pls?
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by Onyx5312(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
if it is possible i will like to know the university so that i can apply.
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by davbravo(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2016
Mickop:
cool. which school pls?
UNILAG

2 Likes

Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by davbravo(m): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Onyx5312:
if it is possible i will like to know the university so that i can apply.
most universities in Nigeria that Run d MBBS programme accept students through DE........But in UNILAG its extremely competitive because about 85-90% of students accepted are from their foundation(Jupeb) programme and d remaining 10-15% are for BSC and Cambridge A'level holders...........Cambridge A'level are mostly considered , meaning those with BSc will have to have an extremely high CGPA in order to be considered for admission( you'll have to make sure you're at d top of the table)......NOTE: everything I said above is for Unilag only, I dont know that of other schs....But my advice is that if your CGPA is not that high don't choose unilag.

You can visit this thread to ask your questions, there are more experienced people there....
https://www.nairaland.com/1049407/medical-students-aspirants-thread/377
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by Mickop(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
davbravo:
UNILAG
ok
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by Oyeboade93: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please after a first degree in Biochemistry, will the direct entry to study Medicine be to 200l or 300l?
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by LMedicate: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
NO! 600LVL
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by alfredo1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
truth12:
I dont really know if this is true but ive heard lots of people say that its possible for a graduate with a science related course to study medicine and surgery in the university. is it really possible? i would have googled it out but it wont give me an experienced answer.

PLEASE I NEED HONEST ANSWERS! THANKS.
SOME universities accept DE for MBBS but it's extremely difficult to get in.
I advise you write UTME in addition to your DE application( I have no idea if that's possible though).
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by ezimo777(m): 3:18am On Jan 25, 2020
Toniwirelex:

Lie of the highest order
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by ezimo777(m): 3:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Oyeboade93:
Please after a first degree in Biochemistry, will the direct entry to study Medicine be to 200l or 300l?
200L
Re: Can A Degree In Biochemistry Be Used To Study Medicine Via Direct Entry ? by ezimo777(m): 3:20am On Jan 25, 2020
LMedicate:
NO! 600LVL
Lol

(1) (Reply)

All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) / Lets Meet( Electrical And Electronics Engineering Undergraduate Students) / 10 Killer Exams Tips To Pass Any Exams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.