Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,005 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (26213 Views)

UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Professor Sophie Oluwole Is Dead (First Nigerian Female Phd Holder In Philosophy / What Can One Do For Masters After A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Samswags9(m): 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY At OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY. I Actually Opted For Law But I Was Offered Philosophy.

I Have Little Or No Idea About Philosophy, Having Searched Google But all I saw was,
being a Lecturer Or working at one Local Government.

Pls where and
what can I work as With a Philosophy Degree

Please Help Me Push This To Front Page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Samswags9(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
cc@lalasticlala, seun, mynd44
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by michaeltotti(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Samswags9:
I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY At OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY. I Actually Opted For Law But I Was Offered Philosophy.

I Have Little Or No Idea About Philosophy, Having Searched Google But all I saw was,
being a Lecturer Or working at one Local Government.

Pls where and
what can I work as With a Philosophy Degree

Please Help Me Push This To Front Page

Cc @lalasticlala @mynd44 @seun
Fynestboi should be of help,I think he studies philosophy

cc: Fynestboi

lalasticlala cannot move to front page..it not a snake story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Go into politics.....GEJ studied Zoology and became president...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by eleojo23: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Don't worry OP, you will work with Socrates.

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by pdpisGONE: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
become a nairaland super moderator

15 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Donemmaco(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Join Police Force

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by TheMainMan: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
i don't knw what u will do with philosophy buh i have another advice for u

take the course serious and don't joke with it

just because u r not offered law doesn't mean u should joke with it or u might find urself where u don't like

no course is bad... its what u have in u

best of luck

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by chronique(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
if you can take jamb again,it would make sense. the jobs on offer are thinning out everyday, it would make sense to study something that can aid you to stand on your own,when you're done with school. not that you finish school,and start talking philosophy when people are dealing with reality.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by haconjy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
naija...
well I know you can work anywhere.... most especially u can work as a teacher or lecturer....
And also I know and believe that most of the companies in the world needs a philosopher because it helps them in areas of their business....
if u believe in yourself, u can do it, as someone said above me that jeg studies zoology and he's ex president in Nigeria, and if u can't, cause of fear, u may wait, obtain another jamb form.
lastly, God knows about everything, pray to him

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Better change course

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by KingLennon(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
You can work as a Verterinary Doctor with the certificate. Shey we be google? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
If you really want to make it in life, please I will advise you to forget about the certificate and look for one lucrative business to engage yourself...
in this our century now...... certificate no longer pay the bills...

16 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
cheesy you can work at aro psychiatric hospital, yaba left or any institution constituting human with higher knowledge cheesy ... bro welcome to the world of madness.

I will advice you start learning aromatic behaviour now. congrats

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
shocked

Absolutely nothing.
It's a waste.

Even with a degree in Philosophy, an illiterate stands a better chance in life.
I'd advice you don't quit on your quest to study Law.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by whitebeard(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Better still, accept ur admission, with time u would get info in school
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by shaddoww: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Can u still actually get a job with any course again in Naija? I mean a real job ooooo, no dat one dat makes u underemployed.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
You can build a career in writing inspirational pieces. Contact Robert Mugabe for mentoring. At least now he doesn't have a job.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by fecta: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Dont worry while studying the course get to make friends with 500- 200 level students you dont know who will be your helper, because all you need is connection in this country.

So my final answer is with the right connection you can work in an oil company

#fecta

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by UbanmeUdie: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
shocked

Some courses in the University are curses.
Philosophy is definitely one of such curses!

Don't waste your time and resources in pursuing a degree in philosophy, you will end up asking if truly there is God because the degree will be useless.

E better say u go learn vulcanizing than studying that shameful curse course called philosophy.

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by RealLordZeus(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lecturing so that u can mass produce more set of graduates that will ask this question again later in the future

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Godson201333(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
well It depends on what you wanna use it to do...If you are smart and you also believe in God..with Philosophy you can either become a lecturer or build your future and swerve into Diplomacy.

It is too bad that people are being offered what is not useful in Nigeria....Op why dont you still pursue your dream in law?

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Op, Take the course and you would be glad you did after only 100 level. After 300 level, your IQ would be risen compared to any other student studying other courses in the same year as you and on graduating as philosophy student. You should be be able to create a job for yourself, it's called self employment.

Why am I sure your IQ would rise?

Anybody who studies logic has a clear reasoning ability but NOT all has flexible thinking capability ONLY few. But if you imbibe both then you a genius. Genius are always wanted every where.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by heykims(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
U get to do what any other graduates do, hustle..

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by promisechild(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
A degree in philosophy is worth having. It helps to broaden your horizon. Philosophy basically deals with all things in it entirety.

Study it and u will become the happiest man on earth

15 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by ejosh4(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
You can be MD of a bank like Peter Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Become a philosopher like Socrates shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Edu3Again: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
If you are from the North, dont worry they will soon make u an MD.

If you are from the south,sorry oh na only Jesus go fit help.

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Alariiwo: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
You'll open a poultry farm and manage it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Hunry: 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
congrats, those performing arts students will welcome you with this chorus.
"philosophers too dey suffer,theatre set me free"

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat'' / The "O" In BODMAS Doesn't Stand For Of / FG Shuts Down All Unity Schools In Abuja Over Security Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.