Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang (9009 Views)

‘No Provision For Acting Chairman In EFCC Act’ - Senior Lawyers / FG Cuts Aso Rock’s Budgetary Allocation / Fresh Facts Emerge From Fatal 2014 NIS Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by agentofhell(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
A former Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Mr. David Paradang, told a Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday that there was no budgetary provision for the botched recruitment exercise into the service in which some applicants died in March 2014.

Paradang was testifying before Justice Nnamdi Dimgba as the first prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of a former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro.

The Economic and Financial Crime Commission is prosecuting Moro, alongside a former Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Interior, Anastasia Daniel-Nwobia; and a deputy director in the ministry, F. O Alayebami, before Justice Dimgba.

Also standing trial along with them is the contracting firm that was given the recruitment job, Drexel Tech Nigeria Limited.

The accused are being prosecuted on 11 counts bordering on procurement fraud and money laundering.

They were alleged to have defrauded a total of 675,675 Nigerian job seekers to the tune of N675,675,000 through alleged fraudulent collection of N1,000 per applicant as online application fee.

Paradang had told the court when he started his testimony on Wednesday that Moro did not inform him about the recruitment exercise until he found out in a newspaper advertisement.

Led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Mr. Aliyu Yusuf, the witness continued on Friday saying that the Service was not financially ready for the exercise as of the time it was conducted in March 2014‎.

The witness was Comptroller General of the NIS from June 2013 to August 2015.

He said, “We had no money to fund the recruitment exercise. But on 14 March, 2014, I was told by NIS zonal controllers that they had received N300, 000 each from the service’s board.

“The N300, 000 was inadequate as it could not even rent a venue for the recruitment exercise. There were supposed to be ambulances and allowances for the NIS personnel who conducted the job exercise.

“On March 15, 2014, the day of the recruitment exercise, I received calls and text messages from my deputies about the stampede that took place in the exercise across the country, where 15 job seekers died while 165 others were injured.

“At the end of the day, we had 15 casualties and 165 injured persons.”

He said former President Goodluck Jonathan’s directive for the employment of three relatives each of the deceased job applicants was later cancelled‎.

Last Wednesday, Paradang had testified that he wrote a letter to the Secretary of the Board, Dr. Attahiru, on September 9, 2013, expressing his dismay over the recruitment advertisement made without his knowledge.

The defence counsel had opposed the request by the prosecution to tender the said letter as exhibit.

‎Justice Dimgba had adjourned till Friday to deliver a ruling on the objection.

Ruling on Friday, ‎Kustice Dimgba dismissed the objection and admitted the document as exhibit but ordered the prosecution to pay the required fees within seven days

The judge ruled that the defect in the admissibility of the document was curable through the payment of the requisite fees.

He adjourned further trial till July 1 and 5.

http://punchng.com/no-budgetary-provision-2014-nis-recruitment-paradang/

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2016
Just too shameful. They already employed their relatives but they also wanted to scam jobseekers but it went out of hand. now I hope they will pay for it.

7 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by villareal15(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
angry
Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Isoni(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
He said former President Goodluck Jonathan’s directive for the employment of three relatives each of the deceased job applicants was later cancelled‎.

What is bad is bad and this is bad.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by philip0906(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
Very sad and pathetic

3 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Proffdada: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
They were alleged to have defrauded a total of 675,675 Nigerian job seekers to the tune of N675,675,000 through alleged fraudulent collection of N1,000 per applicant as online application fee.
undecided

14 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by eleojo23: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
... angry...

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by OlujobaSamuel: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2016
gej la scam us all

8 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 11, 2016
Better still...there should be a freeze on all new govt posts...except Police and Armed forces...till we get our finances in order.

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by suyamasta(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2016
So what is the way forward?
Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by DjAduba(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2016
Really! I think this time we have to call our Mr. Hero to attest to that pls.... pls Mr Comptroller go and sit at the bench.... Next.
Ah Ah ...... Mr. Metuh no deh today again?
This man is not serious... OK!

Where is Nnamdi.....?
You are what!
.So i shud be waiting for you abi...

3 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 11, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
gej la scam us all

Blame our resource dependent economy...which means we are always broke because toe price of what we sell always fluctuates...and we cannot control it.
Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Princelegacylemoha(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2016
Oh God !!!!!

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by metrosexual: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2016
Thank God stealing is now corruption. I keep wondering how all these financial atrocities were perpetrated and our president of then was cool with it, it baffles me.

Few weeks ago I read about Metuh begging to return 400 Million as said by his lawyer, that's the Nigeria I want for myself and children, not a Nigeria where we celebrate thieves, and when you see the government chasing past thieves you'd hear people say "witch hunt", how pathetic! As long as a witch is hunted be it APC/PDP corrupt witch I don't give a damn, as long as politicians get to feel the heat that stealing money now has consequences I'm ok with that.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by moscobabs(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2016
FG should refund my:

#1000 - Form

#1500- print out

#300 - browsing

#3000 - transport to and fro Oshogbo from Lagos

#8000 - 2 days logging at hotel

# 15,000 - For risk of life

# 3,500 - wages for my Saturday work (absent)

# 50,000 - interest on the above compensation

total is how much pls?

9 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by prinsam30: 9:26am On Jun 11, 2016
because there was no budget in respect to that, that was Y u guys decided to kill innocent souls Abi

Dia is God oooooooo

3 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by RichDad1(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2016
The blood of those innocent souls will continue to haunt Aba Moro tI'll he's jailed or six feet under.

RIP to the victims of that painful and undeserved death. cry

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by famnek(f): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2016
Back door things

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2016
Na y una wast doz inocent souls abi?

Perhaps ,why is Abba Moro still existin in this planet earth, wish d case was in my table I wud hv sent him to Taliban group since...... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by macino1(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2016
Imagine

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by ewuskale(f): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Blame our resource dependent economy...which means we are always broke because toe price of what we sell always fluctuates...and we cannot control it.

i swear

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2016
Abba slowpoke is a scam!using d already improvished job seeker to raise money for government that make them leave as destitute in their own country!my only reserve is dt jonathan refuse to sacked d idiot despite call fr dt in all d nooks and crannies of dis country!i blame jonathan for every ting becos if e had won reelection abba slowpoke will b smilling to bank to collect nigerian job seeker money!

4 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by frubben(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2016
Na wa oooo nothing seems to be working in this country. Which kind thing be this?

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by wwwkaycom(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2016
GEJ was/is a disaster

5 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by Mopolchi: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2016
The millions wey enter your account where that one come from.

1 Like

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by OlujobaSamuel: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

in this subject, it's not about economic crisis, there was no budgetary allocation, it was just a political action.

2 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2016
moscobabs:
FG should refund my:
#1000 - Form
#1500- print out
#300 - browsing
# 15,000 - For risk of life
total is how much pls?
ya fone no get calculator? undecided

4 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by arewafederation: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2016

"He said former President Goodluck Jonathan’s directive for the employment of three relatives each of the deceased job applicants was later cancelled‎."

Can you all imagine the sort of OLODO we had as President?

So weak, silly and inept. angry

3 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by MicroBox: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2016
Jonathan government is just too weak, as a member of his cabinet just think of how money will come it will be backed up. His government is a level ground for thieves and fraudsters

3 Likes

Re: No Budgetary Provision For 2014 NIS Recruitment – Paradang by nwaanambra1(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2016
moscobabs:
FG should refund my:

#1000 - Form

#1500- print out

#300 - browsing

[size=14pt]# 15,000 - For risk of life
[/size]

total is how much pls?

[size=14pt]so your life is worth just 15k??

abeg come let me add a 'zero' to the 15k making it 150k - thts a very good and generous offer at least your living relatives will appreciate my kindness.

meanwhile lets head to india (the t-fare is on me) let them help me harvest ur kidney and other 'harvestables' from your miserable body - am looking at earning at least 15million from your scrap! lipsrsealed cool

ode! angry [/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / PDP: Why We Must Win Osun Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.