Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements (21214 Views)

After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? / Admission Offer Into University Of Manitoba / A Thread For Applicants To Graduate School At The University Of Manitoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by cbravo(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE ASH AND MOISTURE CONTENTS OF RIPE AND UN-RIPE PLANTAIN (Musa Paradisiaca)

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/science-laboratory/comparative-analysis-of-the-ash-and-moisture-contents-of-ripe-and-un-ripe-plantain-musa-paradisiaca/
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lebete3000: 11:25am On Apr 22, 2017
bayocanny:

Hmm, this your GP is too low to fetch you admission in a canadian universities not to talk of getting funded, unless if you can go for PGC
4.27 is low! Are you kidding me! It means they accept only first class students. I have plenty friends that are below that grade and they are studying in Canada. Oga o
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Xclusiveman: 1:15am On Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I have started my online application for MSc. Sociology and Anthropology in the university of Manitoba. I had 3.71 cgpa but above 4.0 in my last 2 years and in fact above 4.5 in my last year of undergraduate study. I presented and published my undergraduate project in a conference proceedings.

My application has been updated from "pending initial assessment by the faculty of graduate studies" to "Complete, under review in department". This has been the status for almost 3 weeks or more.

I also mailed a potential supervisor twice and I didn't get any reply.

First of, with my academic standing, do you guys think I can get the admission. Secondly, do I need to do anything right now, perhaps, mail them to ask questions?

Pls advice accordingly.

Sincerely,
Xclusiveman.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by tomiee(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
Xclusiveman:
Hi guys,

I have started my online application for MSc. Sociology and Anthropology in the university of Manitoba. I had 3.71 cgpa but above 4.0 in my last 2 years and in fact above 4.5 in my last year of undergraduate study. I presented and published my undergraduate project in a conference proceedings.

My application has been updated from "pending initial assessment by the faculty of graduate studies" to "Complete, under review in department". This has been the status for almost 3 weeks or more.

I also mailed a potential supervisor twice and I didn't get any reply.

First of, with my academic standing, do you guys think I can get the admission. Secondly, do I need to do anything right now, perhaps, mail them to ask questions?

Pls advice accordingly.

Sincerely,
Xclusiveman.
On their site its says it's takes about 3 weeks. I'm about to start my admission process there I would like to know how yours went
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Xclusiveman: 1:06am On Jun 23, 2017
tomiee:

On their site its says it's takes about 3 weeks. I'm about to start my admission process there I would like to know how yours went

Admission process for Manitoba? Thought their deadline is 1st of June for international students. I'm still on it, I mailed a potential supervisor twice, it's not a requirement but it was asked during the online application to provide the name of a preferred supervisor, I guess it's just to know if you know what you're doing.
Is there anyone in the house who has gone through this process successfully, we need info on the steps and how long it took.

Thanks
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by ColdSweat(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2017
lonelyhrt:

Hi I intend applying U of M for 2017 winter term

1.Please do the accept applications from individuals or agents for admissions in uni manitoba?

2.Am 24 how easy can this be getting admission to their undergraduate program my olevel was done 2008?
I have same issue. Please how do I contact you, my pm isn't active at the moment.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by tomiee(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
Xclusiveman:

Admission process for Manitoba? Thought their deadline is 1st of June for international students. I'm still on it, I mailed a potential supervisor twice, it's not a requirement but it was asked during the online application to provide the name of a preferred supervisor, I guess it's just to know if you know what you're doing.
Is there anyone in the house who has gone through this process successfully, we need info on the steps and how long it took.

Thanks
The deadline 1st June is first Jan 2018,but I applied for sep 2018
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Xclusiveman: 4:41am On Jun 24, 2017
tomiee:

The deadline 1st June is first Jan 2018,but I applied for sep 2018
Oh okay, that's right. I applied for January entry point (winter). The department is still reviewing my application, no new information yet. Someone who has gone through this should pls come in.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by tomiee(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Xclusiveman:

Oh okay, that's right. I applied for January entry point (winter). The department is still reviewing my application, no new information yet. Someone who has gone through this should pls come in.

pls can i have your contact detail as i am confused in some aspect, here is my e mail tomiwa.adelaja@yahoo

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Xclusiveman: 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
tomiee:

pls can i have your contact detail as i am confused in some aspect, here is my e mail tomiwa.adelaja@yahoo
I have sent you a mail containing my contact information. You can reach whenever you want.

Thanks
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Kemdy97: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Am Dave... By God's grace I hv been offered admission into the faculty of engineering in the University of Manitoba ... Already applied for visa early June..... But am yet to receive any update from the agent yet....

I believe I would get the visa approved... Xo If I may ask what is needed for a successful immigration to Manitoba and to be successful in the University of Manitoba

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by WorkiooNigeria: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2017
Workioonigeria.com.ng
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by ellaye: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2017
I applied for Manitoba also and i did IELTS. They waived English certificate for me, as Nigeria is an english speaking country. If i had known won't have bothered writing.
WorkiooNigeria:

Congratulations brother.
If I may ask did u upload any proof of proficiency in English. I didnt because Nigeria is under the English speaking nations listed in their exemption

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by favoured247(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
Kemdy97:
Am Dave... By God's grace I hv been offered admission into the faculty of engineering in the University of Manitoba ... Already applied for visa early June..... But am yet to receive any update from the agent yet....

I believe I would get the visa approved... Xo If I may ask what is needed for a successful immigration to Manitoba and to be successful in the University of Manitoba
bro was it msc or m.eng? I applied for m.eng but wasn't given admission because I couldn't secure a project supervisor during the application process. How did u cross that bridge?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by WorkiooNigeria: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
[q
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by WorkiooNigeria: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
I
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lakezedd: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2018
Good mrn house, is the analytical writing aspect of gre or gmat important in securing admission in manitoba. Thank you
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by EvelynAdejumoke: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Please I need help as the JJC that I am; I want to apply for msc in a Canadian University, studied Agricultural Economics CGPA of 4.3. University of Manitoba is on my mind but I need suggestions on other schools I can apply to.
I need school where I can work and school possibly should scholarship not work.

Thanks smiley
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by blcoolfemol: 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hello peeps. Please any info about PhD in Electrical, Computer or Communication Engineering in Canada. BSc 4.19 and MSc 4.68. Please assist with scholarships and grants. Many thanks in advance.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Clara2244(f): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2018
pls am about to apply to university of Manitoba, i studied Bsc Education and Accountancy, my GPA is 3.05, will i be able to be admitted into their pre- master's program in agribusiness and agricultural economics and can i get study permit for this program?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Tvickie(f): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
Xclusiveman:

I have sent you a mail containing my contact information. You can reach whenever you want.

Thanks
Hello, did university of Manitoba finally get back to you ? Asking because I recently just applied and need some clarifications if you don’t mind. Thank you

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by JosephYemsol(m): 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello Nigerian Googles grin
I don turn Canada Agent through Nairaland.
Pls I need assistance.
I have a B.tech in Civil Engineering, 3.62/5
Last 2 years is 4.28/5.
And I wanna apply for Meng civil engineering at university of Manitoba.
Please what r my chances. M hearing most schools in Canada prefers 4 pointers....
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by chavic: 1:15am On Aug 04, 2019
Xclusiveman:

Thanks
Xclusiveman, pls I need your contact as well to ask few questions about the admission process. Here is my email; fouruvikky@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Blehseen: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
I need your expert in guys. Good day. i have a B.SC in Biochemistry with cgpa 3.68/5 and 4.1/5 in the last two years. i also have a maters of environmental management degree (M.E.M) WHICH IS A COURSE BASED/TAUGHT/PROFESSIONAL MASTERS AS UNILAG REFERS TO IT. This masters has little element of research compared to thesis based masters.

my B.Sc has little element of environmental and natural resource management, cgpa is kind of seeing that U of M is competitive the reason i want to include my masters transcript in applying for masters of natural resource managemet (M.N.R.M) WHICH IS A RESEARCH / THESIS BASED PROGRAM.
the courses from this program are transferable, similar and related. Do you think this will play out in my favour?

I also cant apply for a PHD because the masters is not research based, I dont want to reduce my chances. I want to chose an option that increases my chances
Advice guys.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Blehseen: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
bayocanny:

Check the following universities:

St mary's university, Halifax
University of winnipeg
University of Lethbridge
Thompson Rivers university
University of North British columbia
MUN

why do you suggest these schools, are they easier on admission requirements?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? / The Euphoria of CGPA and the Illusion of Success / UNIBEN Vc’s ALLEGED POISONING: ‘lecturers Punished For ‘crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.