Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements (21194 Views)

After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? / Admission Offer Into University Of Manitoba / A Thread For Applicants To Graduate School At The University Of Manitoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Enter10: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2016
University of Manitoba is a public university located in Winnipeg, Canada. The school which was founded in 1877 offers lots of study programs in the fields of Engineering, Sciences humanities at bachelors, masters and doctorate levels. In today’s article, we will be looking at the cost of studying and living in university of Manitoba, admission requirements and how to apply for studies.

Cost of studying and living in University of Manitoba

The cost of studying in university of Manitoba will depend on factors such as residence, program choice and accommodation, lifestyle. Let’s now take a look at these factors one after the other.

Residency: If a student is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant, he/she will be assessed a differential tuition fees. Other cost will include dental insurance, supplementary health and student visa application.

Program choice: Tuition/faculty fees, textbooks requirements and number of years required for study will vary by program. Your tuition fees will be determined by the type of course you enroll for and the number of registered credit hours
Accommodation: There are different types of accommodation on campus and off campus. The cost will depend on the type of accommodation you choose. But generally, the cost usually ranges from $400 to $800 per month. Please find below a breakdown of the total cost involved in studying in University of Manitoba for first year students:
Canadian/Permanent Residents International students
Tuition fees $4000 $13,600
Books and supplies $1,800 $1,800
Parking pass 1(optional)$550 $550
Residence (optional) $8000 $8000
Medical insurance $260 $260
Total $14,600 $24,600

Admission requirements

To study in University of Manitoba, an applicant will have to meet the admission requirements as well as the program specific requirements. Please click here for more information about university of Manitoba admission requirements.

English language requirements

Since English language is the language of instruction in University of Manitoba, its expected that applicant whose primary language is not English must meet the minimum English language requirements needed for classroom instructions, written assignments, and participation in tutorials and discussions. The university demands the following minimum English language test scores;

Paper-based TOELF (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Applicants should have a minimum score of 550 with no less that 50(unscaled) in each component.
Internet –based TOELF (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Applicants should have a minimum score of 86 with no less than 20 in each of the component.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Applicant should have achieved minimum over all band score of 6.5.

Read on: http://www.study-domain.com/university-of-manitoba-cost-of-study-and-living-admission-requirements-and-how-to-apply-for-study/
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2016
cool

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Charlscobi, there is difference between Canadian dollars and US dollars. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Khez: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2016
Avalon316:
Charlscobi, there is difference between Canadian dollars and US dollars. Thanks.
loool
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Khez: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2016
Op masters nko?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by worldoth: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
please give me the breakdown of the cost implication for masters in engineering or MaSc at U of M. ojobabs88@live.com
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by nastyd(m): 12:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Enter10...do u study there or u r planning on doing so??
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 12:26am On Jul 21, 2016
@Enter 10 ... I'm a newbie here .I read part 8 and 9 travelling to canada and I want to start processing my admission.please I need to know if studying msc in food science is lucrative in canny,especially in manitoba.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
izzybella007:
@Enter 10 ... I'm a newbie here .I read part 8 and 9 travelling to canada and I want to start processing my admission.please I need to know if studying msc in food science is lucrative in canny,especially in manitoba.
Its boil down on your academic excellence. As far as am concern food science is lucrative
Check here
umanitoba.ca/faculties/afs/dept/food_science/programs/foodscienceprogramsgraduate.html
University of manitoba is a good school as well
You can begin your admission processing for winter or fall 2017, its depend on your readiness.
If I may ask, what course did u study during your undergraduate?
Are you financially bouyant?
Those are the questions that begs for answer
If u have a good Grade u might get funding for your masters program either full ride or partial, I would also advise you write a standerdize test either GRE or TOEFL though it depend on your school admission requirements, go to their website and check..I wish u the best

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
bayocanny:

Its boil down on your academic excellence. As far as am concern food science is lucrative
Check here
umanitoba.ca/faculties/afs/dept/food_science/programs/foodscienceprogramsgraduate.html
You can begin your admission processing for winter or fall 2017, its depend on your readiness.
If u have a good Grade u might get funding for your masters program either full ride or partial, I would also advise you write a standerdize test either GRE or TOEFL though it depend on your school admission requirements, go to their website and check..I wish u the best
bayocanny:

Check here
Thank you,I studied food science.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
bayocanny:

Check here
bayocanny:

Check here
Thank you,I studied food science and engineering
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
izzybella007:

Thank you,I studied food science.
I hope u have a good grade cus masters program in canadian universities are competitive
Start looking for school now and mail their graduate coordinator
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
bayocanny:

I hope u have a good grade cus masters program in canadian universities are competitive
Start looking for school now and mail their graduate coordinator
Well I finished with second class lower but according to U of M website, it says "All students applying for a Master's degree program must have attained a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B or equivalent) in the last two full years (60 credit hours) of study" and I think I did well in my last 2/3 years.what do you think? Should I just try another uni?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
izzybella007:

Well I finished with second class lower but according to U of M website, it says "All students applying for a Master's degree program must have attained a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B or equivalent) in the last two full years (60 credit hours) of study" and I think I did well in my last 2/3 years.what do you think? Should I just try another uni?
Yes you need to look elsewhere, masters degree is very competitve.
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
izzybella007:

Check the following universities:

St mary's university, Halifax
University of winnipeg
University of Lethbridge
Thompson Rivers university
University of North British columbia
MUN

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
bayocanny:

Check the following universities:

St mary's university, Halifax
University of winnipeg
University of Lethbridge
Thompson Rivers university
University of North British columbia
MUN

Than you
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by izzybella007(f): 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=izzybella007 post=47888953]
Than you[/quote
*Thank you
]
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Basalt(m): 12:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Good morning
Enter10
Bayocanny
Others in the group.

Please I plan to apply for msc in Geology in two Canadian universities.
1. University of Manitoba
2. University of western Ontario

My gcgp is 3.55

My last two year's gp is 3.72

Please with this academic standing, what is my probability of securing admission in any of the above named university?

Thanks, please answer me abeg.

I will start application next month
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Basalt:
Good morning
Enter10
Bayocanny
Others in the group.

Please I plan to apply for msc in Geology in two Canadian universities.
1. University of Manitoba
2. University of western Ontario

My gcgp is 3.55

My last two year's gp is 3.72

Please with this academic standing, what is my probability of securing admission in any of the above named university?

Thanks, please answer me abeg.

I will start application next month
With this your gp I can categorically tell u that u stand a good chance fo getting admitted into Msc program in the above named instuition...all u need to do is to start preparation for your admission requirements, check the schools webistes and read their entry requirement this will give u a well detailed and firsthand information of documents u will need in the course of your submission. Meanwhile, you must be ready to write GRE or TOEFL. Kindly join this group as well, it is meant for prospective canadian students ask any questions on there people will give u a definite answer to it. You will be good.
www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by Basalt(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
bayocanny:

With this your gp I can categorically tell u that u stand a good chance fo getting admitted into Msc program in the above named instuition...all u need to do is to start preparation for your admission requirements, check the schools webistes and read their entry requirement this will give u a well detailed and firsthand information of documents u will need in the course of your submission. Meanwhile, you must be ready to write GRE or TOEFL. Kindly join this group as well, it is meant for prospective canadian students ask any questions on there people will give u a definite answer to it. You will be good.
www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11

Thanks my boss at the top.

But they said that TOEFL is waved for those that obtained Bsc courses which language of taught is English Language, and I was taught with English language here in Nigeris.

Abeg, clarify

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2016
Basalt:

Thanks my boss at the top.

But they said that TOEFL is waved for those that obtained Bsc courses which language of taught is English Language, and I was taught with English language here in Nigeris.

Abeg, clarify

Na God be da boss

If TOEFL is waived then u are good to go
Meet the requirements and apply as soon as possible, don't forget to check admission deadline for both schools

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lonelyhrt(f): 1:11am On Sep 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Check here

Hi I intend applying U of M for 2017 winter term

1.Please do the accept applications from individuals or agents for admissions in uni manitoba?

2.Am 24 how easy can this be getting admission to their undergraduate program my olevel was done 2008?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2016
lonelyhrt:

Hi I intend applying U of M for 2017 winter term

1.Please do the accept applications from individuals or agents for admissions in uni manitoba?

2.Am 24 how easy can this be getting admission to their undergraduate program my olevel was done 2008?

Answers:

1. YES, you can apply as individual you don't need to patronize agent because they will complicate things for you and their charges is outrageous, getting admission at UofM is very easy especially their undegraduate studies.

2. At 24, I don't think you have problem getting into their undegraduate program even with your o'level result you are good to go...if I may ask, do you have any diploma? What have you been doing since you finished High school?

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lonelyhrt(f): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Answers:

1. YES, you can apply as individual you don't need to patronize agent because they will complicate things for you and their charges is outrageous, getting admission at UofM is very easy especially their undegraduate studies.

2. At 24, I don't think you have problem getting into their undegraduate program even with your o'level result you are good to go...if I may ask, do you have any diploma? What have you been doing since you finished High school?

Am a graduate just finished my nysc my grade isn't too high for masters I intend going for UG studies so I can switch to P.G certs/dip course there since getting the here is difficult.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
lonelyhrt:

Am a graduate just finished my nysc my grade isn't too high for masters I intend going for UG studies so I can switch to P.G certs/dip course there since getting the here is difficult.
There are some things you need to put into consideration because when you are about to sumbit your study permit application, your educational gap must be filled. What would you claim you have been doing since 2008?
What's your course of study?

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lonelyhrt(f): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
bayocanny:

There are some things you need to put into consideration because when you are about to sumbit your study permit application, your educational gap must be filled. What would you claim you have been doing since 2008?
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lonelyhrt(f): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
bayocanny:

I studied pharmacology just rounding up my nysc

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
lonelyhrt:

I studied pharmacology just rounding up my nysc
Alright
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by donasere(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
All the bosses I hail o...nice job. I need clarifications on some things.

1. Are there other schools apart from Alberta who do integrated petroleum geoscience.

2. I finished with a 2:1 (4.27 to be precise) what are my chances for admission and how possible is it to get full/partial scholarships in these schools.

I intend applying against 2017 and finished with geology, intend going for IPG or petroleum geosciences. Thank you.

Cc: Bayocanny
Enter10
Other room bosses!
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by lonelyhrt(f): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Alright

with all have told u wat do u think I should say on that long duration I left sch
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
donasere:

All the bosses I hail o...nice job. I need clarifications on some things.

1. Are there other schools apart from Alberta who do integrated petroleum geoscience.

2. I finished with a 2:1 (4.27 to be precise) what are my chances for admission and how possible is it to get full/partial scholarships in these schools.

I intend applying against 2017 and finished with geology, intend going for IPG or petroleum geosciences. Thank you.

Cc: Bayocanny
Enter10
Other room bosses!
Hmm, this your GP is too low to fetch you admission in a canadian universities not to talk of getting funded, unless if you can go for PGC
Re: University Of Manitoba – Cost Of Study And Living And Admission Requirements by bayocanny: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
lonelyhrt:

with all have told u wat do u think I should say on that long duration I left sch
Send me a pm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2016 Lasu Post-utme Screeening Problem : Latest Official Update By The Mgt / What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student? / Waec 2023 Chemistry Practical Practice Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.