Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) (37730 Views)

CRACKED- A Poem By Opeyemi / Secrets And Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello, I have a very nice story to tell, and I hope you enjoy it.

Disclaimer

This work is purely the figment of imagination of the author - Talius Dike. In no way is any similarity intended to mock or announce your situation to the world, all characters are entirely fictional.

No part of this work may be reproduced or stored indiscriminately without the expressed permission of the author - Talius Dike.

For contributions, comments, observations, or to chat with the author - tweet @taliusdike

I'd love to know what you think about it. How does it feel to the eye, and sound to the ear. Let's grow together.

Cc: Obinnau
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
All rights reserved © by the author - Talius Dike

Plagiarists kindly stay away.

Cracked Sources (Book 1)

E1:
Anna was new to the entire scenario of office romance. Sure her budding relationship with Andrew was way pass the admiration level, but she couldn't quite understand where it was now or actually what it was between them; probably because they had sex that ones when they both worked over time that could be clouding her judgement, making her think she wanted to be more than his office conquest. She liked the way He always looks at her, damn, she liked the way He was looking at her now; probably that was why she couldn't hear him repeat a statement He just made.

"Dear deliver The Crescent Housing document to the storage room now, I'm done with it,"

Anna heard him speak now, his voice sounded lighter than she remembered. She got a grip on herself and her raging hormones telling her to grab and kiss the god before her, she collected the document in silence for fear that she would say something awkward if she tried to speak.

He handed over another file to her and said it was intact as requested, Anna wondered when she made this request she couldn't recollect after he left. She opened the file and saw the words, 'see you in 5' boldly inscribed on the A4 paper contained within and she smiled to herself.

Andrew had waited for twenty minutes and there still was no sign of Anna. "Ting!" The annoying song of the elevator caused him joy and high heart to race slightly. "I was thinking you wouldn't show anymore," were the words he used to welcome her to the unkempt arena of unspeakable deeds; she in her defense blamed her frustrated supervisor, Mr. Patrick, who has always had it for her since he took over her supervision six months ago.

"It's OK," Andrew's words and finger moved simultaneously to halt hers, he missed her and she could tell from the way he acted when he was two feet away from her when they were in her office space moments ago.

"To hell with office rules," he yelled to the wind,

Him throwing curse words, made Anna cringe with guilty pleasure; that was one of the things she found incredibly sexy about him. He saw how she was blushing and asked if she wanted more, her positive reply followed with an invitation to his house. Anna expressed her concern over meeting his mother, whom she heard was still town and very protective of her only child. He calmed her worries with news that she had left for Atlanta again,

"Is that so?" Anna asked teasingly, she had gotten her answer and the rest were too much talk, she went straight to business - milking his jackpot. On her knees, Andrew received the taste of her heavenly lips he had missed dearly, they fondled some more after his release, and it was time to go.

They left separately to avoid the services of rumour mongers

She ran into Mr. Patrick at a sharp bend on her way to her office space on the 13th floor. He had been searching furiously for her all the while she was in the unoccupied 18th floor with Andrew, he wanted an update on the document she was to recover from the storage for him. "I don't care where you've been," He began "In fact, take two weeks off," His voice and his angry just didn't tally to her, she tried to explain but he was having none of it and finally she shut up to let the mad dog run its course.

"God help you to return with this attitude after two weeks," His words sounded more like a threat than an advice, and she noted his tone should in case she needed to press charges against any form of harassment.

She arrived her space with mixed feelings, to be happy over the suspension or not; the thought of her time with Andrew caused her to smile - He made her forget to appease her angry boss before going to please him. She brought out the file from her drawer and smiled: Andrew had that much effect on her she forgot to appease her angry boss before going to please him. Her thoughts made her laugh, they offered the kind of advice she needed, to go enjoy her time off with Andrew before it was too late to make the most of their obvious connection.

"Patrick's office, then Andrew's home," She reminded herself her destinations from here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Soteriahascome: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
I'm in...
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
Soteriahascome:
I'm in...
Welcome dear ... Front seat for you
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 12, 2016
Talius:
Cracked Sources

S1E1:

Anna was new to the entire scenario of office romance. Sure her budding relationship with Andrew was way pass the admiration level, but she didn't entirely understand where it was now, or actually what it was between them; probably because they had sex that one time when they both worked over time could be clouding her judgement, making her think she wants to be more than his office conquest.

She likes the way he looks at her, damn, she likes the way he's looking at her now; probably why she couldn't hear him repeat the same statement he made moments ago.

"Dear, hand over The Crescent housing document to the storage department now" Andrew said again,but this time softer than he did the first time.

Getting a little grip on herself, and trying really hand to withhold her raging hormones which were telling her to grab and kiss him, Anna collected the said document he was handing over in silence for fear that she would make an awkward statement if she uttered a word.

"Thank you, and here's the other document you requested as well from my department. It's not everyday I hand deliver a document to a paralegal" Andrew said out loud, for all around to hear even if they don't want to.

'What document', Anna said to herself. She opened the file, and saw the words boldly inscribed on the A4 paper contained within, 'see you in 5'. She smiled, it was their code, at least it was the one they used the last time when they met at the unpopulated floor.

"I was thinking you wouldn't show anymore", Andrew said to Anna as she walked towards him, it took her about 20 minutes to honour his invitation which stated she meet him in 5 minutes. Anna explained what kept her, placing the blame on her annoying supervisor, Mr. Patrick, who has taken it upon himself to frustrate her since he assumed the role of her supervisor, 6 months ago.

"It's OK", Andrew cut her before she could delve into another round of ranting.

"I missed you, and it was eating me up, that I was 2 feet away from you, but couldn't kiss you. Eff office rules", he said.

Him throwing curse words, made Anna start to blush; that was one of the things she found incredibly sexy about him.

"You like what I'm saying?" Andrew asked her. She nodded in affirmative.

"Then come to my place tonight, let's spend the night together, and let me say a whole lot of dirty vocabularies that'll not only make you blush, but also will make you go gaga" He said.

"What about your mom?" Anna asked, looking concerned.

Andrew immediately replied to quell her worry "She travelled to Atlanta to stay with my younger sister who just gave birth, so I'm a bachelor once again".

"Too much talk, let's get to business" Anna told him, and went on her knees to give Andrew a taste of her heavenly lips he clearly has been missing.

They fondled some more after his release, and then it was time to go. Leaving separately to quell any rumour - Imagine the scandal that a Senior lawyer of the firm like Mr. Andrew is involved with a paralegal.

On her way back to her cubicle on the 13th floor, where paralegals discharge most of their duties unless required by their supervisor, she bumps into her own supervisor, Mr. Patrick, who's been searching furiously for her all the while she was in the unoccupied 18th floor with Andrew, to ask for an update on the file he asked her to dig up in the store room.

"I don't know why we were ever paired. In fact, of all the 8 paralegals I have under my wing, you're the worst, and I can't do this any longer, at least for now. Take 2 weeks off to get your shit together" Mr. Patrick thundered at her, he took a deep breath and continued, "O Lord, do you come back here still acting this way after this 2 weeks leave, I assure you you'll be fired", he gave her a stern look that clearly said he wasn't joking.
"I still need those file nows, before your holiday begins", he said and walked away from her.

Anna had mixed feelings, not sure whether to be happy about the 2 weeks, or sad that her job of less than 2 years was already been threatened, not by any form of retrenchment, but by her supervisor.

'You shouldn't be sad, you should be happy, go get your shit together as he suggested, probably get yourself a man, better still, enough of Andrew', Anna said and smiled to herself as she got to her cubicle. She picked up the file Mr. Patrick requested, and walked straight to his office to deliver her last offering until 2 weeks when hopefully her shit has gotten together.

Baba I de ur bk
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2016
kushkingstalin:
Baba I de ur bk
Pappi, I see you.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by PrinceOFprince(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2016
Am new here on Nl. But, i go follow this thread like Nemesis. Ride on
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
PrinceOFprince:
Lol, same here too
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by PrinceOFprince(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
We are new comer's. We gonna rock this thread together
kushkingstalin:

Lol, same here too
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
PrinceOFprince:

I believe you bro. Welcome.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2016
E2:

The CEO, Mr. Akin, made a big announcement today. Mark his only son was set to take over the mantle of CEO from next Monday, and he wanted his hardworking employees to know ahead of the press conference scheduled for later that day.

The announcement saw a lot of toasts, cheers and admiration to the exemplary leader stepping aside for the next generation to take over - Mr. Akin was without doubt a wonderful leader, a visionary, and a father figure to the entire staff of Akin Chambers going by the way his people gave applauses and cheers with ease, his exceptional style of leadership made them the number one law firm in the country and beyond, everyone held hope that Mark was cut from the same cloth as his father.

Taking to the podium, Mark spoke about his commitment to continuing his father's legacy by taking the firm to greater heights. He retold the well known tale of how his father founded the company from a one room law chamber to the magnificent sky scrapping complex it was now, but added an intimate detail that most people didn't know about, he said, "It is because my father held the love of every stranger he ever come across in this life close to his heart that's why this firm is standing here today. I too will always hold that love in my heart and do what's best for the firm." That statement was met with loud applause everyone was pleased with how he spoke and the confidence with which he flowed. His first directive as CEO wasn't met with that same level of fanfare - He announced that all departments were going to experience an 'overhaul' which he would personally oversee.

As he descended, murmuring filled the atmosphere. Every time an overhaul had been announced, everyone goes on edge, because it meant reopening all existing personal files on all staffs (no exception), those who got employed or promoted unjustly were fired, and those due for promotion uplifted. Everyone, especially The Circle members wanted to see how the new CEO handled the process, that would tell them exactly what the kind of man he was.

Andrew had been looking around keenly for the perfect opportunity to approach the new boss, to tender his own goodwill message without any disturbance. He found it and moved to seize the moment completely.

"That was a very good way to make an impression," Andrew said

"You think so?" Mark asked with a smile.

"I know so," Andrew stretched forth his hand.

They introduced themselves, and continued talking uninterrupted for the next ten minutes with much laxity, one that'll make a passerby assume they've been friends for a long time. Mr. Akin turned around in laughter, and caught sight of both men in the distance from where he stood. He excused himself from his friends and walked towards their positions.

"I see you both have found each other,"

Akin spoke, he wondered within what the reason for their hefty laughter was. They put an end to their incessant laughter and responded in affirmative to the elderly man despite each wearing a partial bewildered look that bagged the question, "What did he mean by that?"

"This is the crazy, but magnificent lawyer I spoke to you about Son" Mr. Akin placed a pat on Andrew's shoulder - The one closest to his right hand.

"Really!" Mark exclaimed

"Yes. He's the one,"

"Then I'm blessed to have found you before my dad introduced us," Mark stretched out his hand for a shake

"The pleasure is all mine," Andrew tried to sound humble.

"He could help out with that case," Mr. Akin suddenly wore a serious face. His statement took away the laughter that was on Mark's lips, it left the residue of a smile

"Who is this man Dad trusts so much," Mark wondered.

Andrew knew it was time to exit, and excused himself, to give father and son some time to discuss what they obviously needed to have discussed. He walked to the bar to get a drink. As he sipped his drink, he looked around to see if he'd catch sight of her, but he didn't, and continued to drown himself shot after shot. After a while his phone beeped, the screen display reflected on the mirrored ceiling above calling his attention to the call that had almost rung out,

"Anna!" He read out the Caller ID as he picked up,

"Hello darling!" Anna's words dropped softly into his ear, her voice caused him a little chill.

"Yea baby. Where are you?" He looked around peradventure she wanted to tease him and play the famous game of hide and seek

"I'm home, couldn't make it ...,"

"OK."

Anna stared at her phone's display for the second time, to make certain it was network and not Andrew that disconnected the call. She wondered why he'd perform such a rude act and refuse to pick up. "Is it because I'm in his house?" She her thoughts became vocal. She began to calculate her options - To leave before he returned sounded most meaningful.

Her many thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his unique car horn at the gate. His fast arrival suggested he wanted to surprise her with his presence. He knew she wouldn't be expecting him, and he loved the way she felt weak around him whenever he surprised her.

"I don't like surprises like this. This is taking it too far," Her weak complaint betrayed the strong calculator she was moments go.

"But I do, and this is the first of many, you better get used to them,"

His kisses followed and they blocked every resistive word she had planned to say to him; with his soft but right touches that followed, she became helpless, and peace crept into her heart, he was her man again for the night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Qhdr(m): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
An interesting story full of suspence pls do continue
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kongru(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Carry On
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Qhdr:
An interesting story full of suspence pls do continue

Thank you my brother. Welcome
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
kongru:
Carry On
We must get to the permanent site. Welcome.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Fidelismaria: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2016
Fidelismaria is here so ride on I blive u were waitin for me to continue Oya i day follow
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Fidelismaria is here so ride on
I blive u were waitin for me to continue
Oya i day follow

It is you I've been waiting for oooo, welcome my dear... Take sit and be comfortable.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
E3

The overhauling process was over, no one was was found wanting, but lots of changes were in immediate effect. Among many Anna was no longer a paralegal for Patrick, but for Andrew, and Patrick didn't find it funny. It appeared Patrick valued Anna more than he ever let known, according to him the reason he always gave her a tough time was to build her into the soldier-kind of lawyer he knows she could one day become, he wasn't going to let her go just like that, without a fight. He went to Mark's office to tender his displeasure over the overhauling of Anna as against the other paralegals he had as statistics under his wing. He arrived with a strong face and bottled up anger to aid his venting, but refrained from speaking when he saw Andrew comfortably seated over tea with Mark.

"I was about to send for you, I guess like minds work together," Mark beckoned him to come join them.

He resisted the invitation and held unto his bottle anger, it was his catalyst to speak his mind at this moment. He maintained his stance to go first and bare his mind with an uneasy voice.

"Go on," Mark opined him.

Patrick took his time to narrate how much time and energy he had put into training Anna, and how much he was yet to reap from this long time sown fruit, and so he could not just let her slip away from his hand into Andrew's.

"Shut the Bleep up!"

Andrew rebutted instantly. He claimed to have always watched from the distance how Patrick treated all his paralegals like rags, "Anna had it worse because she refused to go out with you!" He dropped a bomb. Fate had delivered Anna into his hands and Patrick couldn't hurt her anymore.

Mark, who had been watching keenly as both men argued ceaselessly over one girl, had his fill, he cut them short,

"The girl stays where she is Patrick," His command ended the feud.

Mark proceeded to introduce the reason why he called both men, who were amongst the few senior attorneys in the firm, and two of the three his father trusted very well with the most of his secrets. Mark took a moment to think about his father and how he was enjoying his retirement vacation. The meeting couldn't wait for his nostalgic feelings.

After the meeting, Mark sat alone with his thoughts, he had often wondered why his father picked all three very different men to be his most trusted advisors in the firm, and today, he was intrigued by his father's choice: Andrew was the most intriguing of all, at 32, he was the youngest of the three, arguably the most intelligent, but obviously the most creative, Patrick had a thing for numbers, and even the slightest fluctuation in finance couldn't escape his detective-like notice, the last man, Mr. Sanni, 53 years of age, but with the energy of a 30 years old man, he had the wisdom, experience, and particularly the gift of foresight, he could smell trouble a mile away, he was the major reason the firm had always avoided cases that finally went wrong in the hands of firms that later picked them up. With this team, he was sure he would do well, he had nothing to worry about.

Patrick's quiet walked the path to his office from the elevator. He took the peace that getting his bottled up anger off his chest was offering him and admired every place he passed by as though he was a new staff just offered employment by Akin Chambers. His moment was interrupted by his ring tone. "Pick me up, pick me up boss" His phone cried out to his amusement,

"Wife," He repeated after the caller ID

"How long will you let my call ring before you pick it?"

"Hello to you too wife" Patrick said after his brief pause, he ignored her question.

She nagged, threatening that he'd have to contend with her when he got back if he kept spewing trash from his vocal outlet. "You'll come to this house na shey!" She reiterated her threat when he didn't play along, she accused him of messing around at the office and he willfully ignored her to ask her who feeds her head with such nonsense. He would meet her when he got back.

"Could today get any more worse?" Patrick asked himself after the dead tone, he needed to find the person feeding his wife's paranoia as soon as possible, even though he had been lazily hoping he stumble upon evidence related to the culprit for a while he needed to take it serious now.

Andrew went to the 13th floor to announce to all his paralegals their new Chief paralegal - Anna - He boldy asked her to meet him in five, this time in his office.

Anna arrived wearing a loud smile, she couldn't help but brush off her long hair threatening to cover the beautiful smile she wanted Andrew to see. She tied up the hair when it kept resisting to be held back.

"This overhauling process turned out a blessing," Anna said

"Yes it did," His reply was hasty, he wanted her to understand they didn't need to hide in that abandoned floor to do the dried now that she had legal access to his office. He grabbed her towards him - he rested his butt on the front side of his desk - they kissed ferociously and sent lots of items on his desk falling to the tiled floor including a mug that sounded like a bomb blast.

The door swung open, and in came Agnes - Andrew's 40 years old secretary - She thought something terrible had gone wrong especially with the sound of the mug, "Hope all is well Sir," Her voice showed up before her face did,

"My Lord!" She exclaimed when she entered and turned away quickly: bare-breast-Anna buried her face in Andrew's chest. The two way female shame caused Agnes to move out quickly as well.

"She's gone baby," Andrew offered comforting words. He could see she felt shamed, he assured her he was here and nothing could go wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Fidelismaria: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
KAi God knows i cant inlvolve myself in office romance.....ride on talius
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Fidelismaria:
KAi God knows i cant inlvolve myself in office romance.....ride on talius
He he...you never can tell
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Our OP Mr Talius have been banned by these fucktardic mods
When his ban is lifted, more updates will come in...
Warning: mods am not scared of ban, since i joined nairaland in 2013 I have been banned plenty of times than I can count. After each ban, I deactivate the account and create a new one to continue the rain of terror!
Baztards!
Y'all deserve a shot to the groin!
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Fidelismaria:
KAi God knows i cant involve myself in office romance.....ride on talius

You're right, office romance most times doesn't go well
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:38am On Jun 16, 2016
kushkingstalin:
Our OP Mr Talius have been banned by these fucktardic mods
When his ban is lifted, more updates will come in...
Warning: mods am not scared of ban, since i joined nairaland in 2013 I have been banned plenty of times than I can count. After each ban, I deactivate the account and create a new one to continue the rain of terror!
Baztards!
Y'all deserve a shot to the groin!

Lol. Calm down my brother, they can't stop the gospel.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:39am On Jun 16, 2016
I'm back. Let the story continue.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
E4

Agnes ran the stairs to the 10th floor, the elevator would be too slow for Beatrice to get this news while it was still hot.

"You won't believe what the Greek gods just blessed my eyes with now," Agnes called her best friend's attention.

"What is it?" Beatrice sluggishly answered, trying to resist the distraction to her bountiful work load to be cleared with a time limit, her Supervisor was going to ask for it soon,

"I just saw Andrew naked," Agnes shamelessly chuckled - With Beatrice she was free to bare her thoughts and hidden fantasies: Being 40years and a single mother to three children was too hard to not have a confidant and a friend.

"You can't be serious," Beatrice interest was drawn, just the way Agnes knew it would. "You saw his nude or what?" Beatrice asked hurriedly. Agnes broke the bad angle of the news, "I ram into him having sex," she answered. Beatrice's countenance changed, "Who had the gut to have sex with her man?" She asked, Agnes looked away making the question sound rhetorical.

"I want to see the girl," Beatrice stood up in anger and dragged Agnes along to show her the man-thief."

After 30 minutes of waiting, Beatrice observed Anna from the distance as she came out Andrew's office. Beatrice kept her eyes fixated on Anna as she walked by. She couldn't see any enticing in her body, "Is that her?" She scornfully asked Agnes

"Thats who you broke up with me for?" Beatrice charged at Andrew, pointing her right index finger as she spoke to further stress her point.

"How is that any of your business?"

His reply annoyed her. She argued that she was much prettier, matured and experienced that Anna whom she referred to as a small girl, her voice began to waiver between confident and clingy. She ignored all her inhibitions and begged him to take her back, swearing she won't mind how many girls he'd slept with during the six weeks they've been apart. Her desperation only seemed to amused Andrew who still asked her to leave his office before he called security, he reminded her that she was the one who called things off not him.

Beatrice left his office, she told Agnes that Anna had picked on the wrong babe and she would have to pay the price.

The elevator flight had never seemed to long. Everybody seemed to be looking at her: probably they could see into her soul, into her recent sin. She couldn't wait to get into the privacy of her office space. Her hurry was interrupted by fear and panic when she saw Mr. Patrick from afar, he was at the entrance to the paralegals space. She impulsively took a sharp turn to the right, down the escalator, to the lower floor.

"This is not the right time to meet him," She tried to convince herself she was doing the right thing

Her attention was brought back to reality, she had bumped into someone and sent them both crashing. She held onto her left eye shortly after, it got slightly fisted in the collision with the stranger.

"I'm so sorry!" She impulsively yelled while still hold her imparted eye and stretching her hand as thought to clasp anybody passing by for help. Her victim was a young man with a uniformed dark complexion that made him stand out in addition to his height - Her unfisted eye naturally began to grade his many positive features.

He cleaned himself a little, and proceeded to help the damsel in distress to her own feet, as she was obviously having difficulty recovering from the fall, "I'm sorry too my dear, if I was looking I'd have been able to prevent the collision" He said to her to break the awkward silence. A Samaritan brought ice, and he used it to wipe her eyes to prevent further swelling.

"Do well to treat yourself better what you get home today, .... "

"Anna" She helped him out with her name. "Thank you very much for your kindness, even though the collision was entirely my fault" She said.

"No problem. Thank you and see you around, ..."

"Anna" She reminded him.

"O yes! Anna. See you around Anna"

"And you are?"

"Mark. My name is Mark"

Patricia caught Anna the moment she surfaced from the escalator, still holding a piece of iced water to the eye of impact, "Do you know who you just bumped into, and spent the last twenty minutes talking to very casually?" She asked.

"No, I don't. He seemed nice though," A smile slipped to the corner of her mouth

"That's Mark, the new CEO," Patricia enlightened her.

"It's a lie," she cried out and ran to the stair railing to see if she could catch sight of the charming CEO - her Prince Charming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Fidelismaria: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Episode is too short Ur updatin is takin longer time But d story is cool Ride on boss talius
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Episode is too short
Ur updatin is takin longer time
But d story is cool
Ride on boss talius

Short! Wow! I'll try to make it longer.
About the time it's taking, I apologize - I need to balance working hours, poor power supply, and time to edit over and over. It'll improved.

Thanks for following.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
MODS!!!!
Da Fuk is wrong with u guys?
Why did you ban the OP again....?
Nairaland is really becoming annoying lately, people can't air their minds without being scared of getting banned.
Mods!
Ban me, watch me deactivate my account and re- activate a new account.

*spits*!

On behalf of our OP, more updates will come as soon as his ban have been lifted....
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
E5

"Baby" Anna started, he could tell something was off from the way she sounded over the phone. He found out she was ill and needed to have the day off. As sweet as she was she didn't want to stress him even though it caused her to blush from her end when he offered to come take her to the hospital himself, she settled for his driver to avoid causing him distraction with the day's office work.

"Thanks though, Jerry will do," she confirmed her choice.

"OK, if you insist," Andrew maintained his offer was still open if she changed her mind, it caused him nothing to come take the woman he loved to the hospital on the day she wasn't feeling well.

Andrew dropped his phone. He heaved a sigh of relief - Needs like this scared him from getting married - women were fearfully demanding, Nd their demands unpredictable.

"Agnes" He called into the intercom,

"Sir,"

She replied swiftly, part of the reasons he loved her. In no time he had passed the info of needing Jerry to go to his house for an emergency pick up as he called it. Agnes teased and asked what if Jerry asked what the emergency was, Andrew replied, "You then remind him who's boss," They both laughed, Patrick's presence ended their conversation, lately they never had enough time to communicate.

"I can't find your Chief paralegal anywhere," Patrick's tried to form a hard voice as he spoke and Andrew could tell.

"Today's her day off, something I'm sure she never got when she was with you,"

Patrick called him The Employer of the Year. He stressed that his presence in Andrew's office at this time should him something was up. Andrew didn't really seem to care, something was always up with Patrick.

"The Crescent case file has gone missing!" Patrick's voice finally picked natural momentum. Andrew's attention was finally drawn. Both men stared at themselves in silence.

After getting across to Anna, Patrick sighed in disappointment. According to her, the document was delivered promptly to the storage department on the 12th of this month. The storage department acknowledged its receipt, but couldn't give a rational explanation for its disappearance.

The inability of the file to be traced forced Mark's hands to call for an impromptu meeting of the top members of the firm - The Circle members

"We have a security issue" were Mark's opening words

Everyone stared at his neighbour, all looking confused. The growing murmurs subside quickly as Mark continued to speak,

"The document in focus is very important and must be found. Every department must submit records of all their transactions up until the second the file reaches my mail. This culprit must be found. There's no room for snitches and untrustworthy folks in my team,"

In as much most wanted what was best for the firm, they saw what the underaged CEO was saying as a joke - You'll always have snutches and thieves in every team.

The meeting was adjourned. Everyone took their leave. Mark asked Andrew to stay behind, he wanted his opinion on how screwed they were in the absence of the said document. "We're screwed to the tune of one billion naira if it doesn't show up," Andrew said, but then reassured him the document would surface because they always worn in this firm.

Mark let out his frustration after Andrew left, he threw everythig his hand could reach towards the large double paned glass that served as his sun screen guard - He broke down after a while, and answered the important call that came throw.

"I've lost the document" Mark cried into the phone.

"Any suspect?"

"No. That document's the only thing standing between me and anyone who wants to bury my life. What do I do?"

"Take it easy. It'll be fine. We need to make a plan" The person at the other end consoled.

At the security office, Patrick, and Andrew, oversaw the scrutinization of footages from the 12th day of the month till the present day, but nothing showed them who, when or how the document was stolen. It was way past working hours and Andrew had to go check on Anna at home, he met someone at the parking lot - Beatrice.

"What are you doing here?".

"Don't worry, I'm not here to bore you with my love advances. Something more important brings me here at this time". She said to Him, "I heard from a reliable source that something valuable has gone missing"

Andrew granted her an audience with him, she used it to threatened him, "come back to me or I'll say what I know," her attempt was tacky and poor. Andrew knew she knew stuffs about him, but they held no sway, not that much anyway to be damning to him at this stage.

She turned to walked away.

He called her back, and asked if she was threatening him, she said yes, that he come back to her or he'll be to blamed for what befalls him. He laughed, this was the Beatrice he knew, not the thing that came begging for pity at his office days ago, but he didn't care either way, he had to go home to his sick girl who needed him.

Anna was already fast asleep, and too weak to talk when Andrew drew her attention to his presence. He sat on the single sofa, and watched her sleep. After few minutes of deriving joy watching her slumber peacefully, he reached for under the sofa, and pulled out an unlabelled capsule container carefully hidden in a specific blind spot. He walked quietly to the toilet, and emptied its content into its bowel, and flushed. His eyes bore an empty stare as he painstakingly watched every capsule go down the drain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 3:18am On Jun 19, 2016
Comments are Highly appreciated.

Kushkingstalin, fidelismaria, princeOFprince, Soteriahascome, food is served.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All That Glitters Are Not Gold / Beautiful Wings By Glowingscenes / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.