Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Ios, Anyone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ios, Anyone? (5776 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Choose android over iOS? I drop my case lipsrsealed

Yes I will choose an android over ios if I am allowed to carry only one phone. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

Most of the apps u mentioned here don't work. Did u just say movie box? That stupid app that doesn't do anything, they just list old movies from yify and no way to download. No wonder it gets 2 stars on the app store. Like I said there are apps that u can use to get stuff on ur iPhone, but the experience can never be like android where u can just go to a movies or music website and download directly into ur device. I like my movies organised, I download subtitles in form of srt and add to all my movies, something that would require additional skills to do with the iPhone. Can u download torrents with ur iPhone? I can download music from websites like notjustok and download tracks and they are right there in my music library. On iphones u need additional steps to make that music available on ur library.

I have an iPhone 5s and a galaxy s6. Trust me I don't bother using my iphone to download media because it is a lot more easier with my android. Just drag and drop that sh^t or download directly from website. Oh did I also mention otg? U can do a lot with that feature. There was a day I needed to access files from my flash drive, if I had only my iPhone that day it would have been impossible, but with my android all I needed was plug an otg cable and voila. There is no denying ios is a great os, but in terms of functionality it is way behind android.

Just put it, ios is for people that want something that works easily, people that prefer streaming to downloading. People that subscribe for movies and music services like amazon, iTunes music/movies, etc.
you obviously don't know moviebox, it gives me the most recent movies as it gets uploaded to the net immediately, oh now i see you got your moviebox from appstore? Lol moviebox isn't on AppStore get it from vshare se and enjoy your life , all these apps i mentioned work and i got them all off vshare se and its pc versions, you d have to make your ios serve you like you want to enjoy it, i have an iphone 5s, 6s and a htconem8 and i rarely use that android for nothing. Coming to otg, dude seriously you aren't an I device person , if you prepared yourself for all this i bet you won't be complaining like this, lol i have a 1terabyte IFLASH OTG that supports lightining port (i will put pic of it below) and it serves me whenever i have a need for any OTG services on my iphone, yes I download movies from any link it is posted online and music mp3 from any site i see it with my idm pro which i got off tongbu and yes i download paid apps for free , i have even forgotten when last i used the AppStore, remember most of these apps crash after a normal use of like 4 days but i found a way to authorize them and it stays permanently ... I actually have a kat.ph app which i use for torrent files and i access my browser directory with ifunbox after downloading and i have a need to copy them to my pc.. Most of these things you mentioned seem impossible with ios but i tell you i do most of them easily without jailbreak , their is this ios pangu group i am a part of on whatsapp and i get all my solutions from there.. Setting most of this up will take like 2 to 5 minutes of your time but once you are done , you are done, copying files and doing most of what you stated becomes a piece of cake .. Lol I remember when sending audio on Whatsapp was a problem for me but right now i do it as simply as just sending pics through whatsapp.. Use YouTube alot most of the solutions to all you stated is there.. An argument even broke out on reddit last night that since all these are already available on ios 9.3.2 without jailbreak that what really is the need for a future jailbreak... Remember all i stared doesn't in anyway affect my phone fluidity and battery nor anything..

1 Share

Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

Most of the apps u mentioned here don't work. Did u just say movie box? That stupid app that doesn't do anything, they just list old movies from yify and no way to download. No wonder it gets 2 stars on the app store. Like I said there are apps that u can use to get stuff on ur iPhone, but the experience can never be like android where u can just go to a movies or music website and download directly into ur device. I like my movies organised, I download subtitles in form of srt and add to all my movies, something that would require additional skills to do with the iPhone. Can u download torrents with ur iPhone? I can download music from websites like notjustok and download tracks and they are right there in my music library. On iphones u need additional steps to make that music available on ur library.

I have an iPhone 5s and a galaxy s6. Trust me I don't bother using my iphone to download media because it is a lot more easier with my android. Just drag and drop that sh^t or download directly from website. Oh did I also mention otg? U can do a lot with that feature. There was a day I needed to access files from my flash drive, if I had only my iPhone that day it would have been impossible, but with my android all I needed was plug an otg cable and voila. There is no denying ios is a great os, but in terms of functionality it is way behind android.

Just put it, ios is for people that want something that works easily, people that prefer streaming to downloading. People that subscribe for movies and music services like amazon, iTunes music/movies, etc.
below is an icon of movie box and if you look up you would see i was using it to download DR ken full season HD last night..

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
somehowpenis:
you obviously don't know moviebox, it gives me the most recent movies as it gets uploaded to the net immediately, oh now i see you got your moviebox from appstore? Lol moviebox isn't on AppStore get it from vshare se and enjoy your life , all these apps i mentioned work and i got them all off vshare se and its pc versions, you d have to make your ios serve you like you want to enjoy it, i have an iphone 5s, 6s and a htconem8 and i rarely use that android for nothing. Coming to otg, dude seriously you aren't an I device person , if you prepared yourself for all this i bet you won't be complaining like this, lol i have a 1terabyte IFLASH OTG that supports lightining port (i will put pic of it below) and it serves me whenever i have a need for any OTG services on my iphone, yes I download movies from any link it is posted online and music mp3 from any site i see it with my idm pro which i got off tongbu and yes i download paid apps for free , i have even forgotten when last i used the AppStore, remember most of these apps crash after a normal use of like 4 days but i found a way to authorize them and it stays permanently ... I actually have a kat.ph app which i use for torrent files and i access my browser directory with ifunbox after downloading and i have a need to copy them to my pc.. Most of these things you mentioned seem impossible with ios but i tell you i do most of them easily without jailbreak , their is this ios pangu group i am a part of on whatsapp and i get all my solutions from there.. Setting most of this up will take like 2 to 5 minutes of your time but once you are done , you are done, copying files and doing most of what you stated becomes a piece of cake .. Lol I remember when sending audio on Whatsapp was a problem for me but right now i do it as simply as just sending pics through whatsapp.. Use YouTube alot most of the solutions to all you stated is there.. An argument even broke out on reddit last night that since all these are already available on ios 9.3.2 without jailbreak that what really is the need for a future jailbreak... Remember all i stared doesn't in anyway affect my phone fluidity and battery nor anything..

Ok u win, and I think I'll get myself this iflashdevice. Just saw it on Konga. Good to know most of those things only available through jailbreak no longer require jailbreak. By the way how do u side load apps to iPhone without jailbreak?

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

Ok u win, and I think I'll get myself this iflashdevice. Just saw it on Konga. Good to know most of those things only available through jailbreak no longer require jailbreak. By the way how do u side load apps to iPhone without jailbreak?
bro e go hard for me to explain oo.. Just search on YouTube getting paid apps for free on ios 9.3.2 using tongbu the video is a very recent one all the steps are there and it will be more explainable than me typing .. Yes bro the iflashdevice would help out bro, you d love it.. I never loved jailbreak cos it tells on battery and reduces ios smoothness and easy use.. Although to be honest their are places where i do miss mtk android devices, like imei tweakings, simpleserver or vpn use and most of these few tweaks that pop up from time to time...
Re: Ios, Anyone? by icedondaniel(m): 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
So, what's the point?
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
greenhulk:

Yes I will choose an android over ios if I am allowed to carry only one phone. I rest my case
i use to AV the same mindset, but later on it changed. I can use iOS powered devices for my everyday device

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 7:42am On Jun 14, 2016
Who knows about custom iOS?
Downloading blob shah and Flashing it
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2016
opestein:
I'm opening this thread for iOS users so as to share experience and post problems with all iOS powered devices from iPhone to iPad to iwatch to iPod.
There is a thread for android on this, so iOS users, don't slack, come on in
I hve few questions
. Please what version of itools can I use, am running iOs 9.3
#must I install itunes to use itools?
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
bedford101:
I hve few questions
. Please what version of itools can I use, am running iOs 9.3
#must I install itunes to use itools?

U can download anyone of the recent iTools
Yes cos of the necessary drivers that needs to be installed so as for iTools being able to detect ur Idevice
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2016
iOS 10 public beta is out.
It's a nice improvement considering some features and UI. Can't wait for Apple to start seeding out updates
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2016
opestein:
iOS 10 public beta is out.
It's a nice improvement considering some features and UI. Can't wait for Apple to start seeding out updates
wow can't wait
Re: Ios, Anyone? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
bro e go hard for me to explain oo.. Just search on YouTube getting paid apps for free on ios 9.3.2 using tongbu the video is a very recent one all the steps are there and it will be more explainable than me typing .. Yes bro the iflashdevice would help out bro, you d love it.. I never loved jailbreak cos it tells on battery and reduces ios smoothness and easy use.. Although to be honest their are places where i do miss mtk android devices, like imei tweakings, simpleserver or vpn use and most of these few tweaks that pop up from time to time...
Boss can i do all these cool stuffs you been talking about on my iPod touch 5
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
iOS 10 is HERE cheesy cheesy

Has anyone been able to use itools with iOS 10? if yes please post the version if possible a direct link to it. thanks
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2016
bedford101:
iOS 10 is HERE cheesy cheesy

Has anyone been able to use itools with iOS 10? if yes please post the version if possible a direct link to it. thanks
you don't u use itunes
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2016
opestein:

you don't u use itunes
i don't like iTunes, iTunes is not flexible...
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
CONTENTS
What's New in iOS 11
Betas
Design Changes
Control Center
Lock Screen
What's New With Siri
The Files App
iOS 11 for the iPad
Dock
App Switcher
Drag and Drop
QuickType Keyboard
Apple Pencil
Instant Markup
Inline Drawing and Instant Notes
App Updates in iOS 11
Messages and Apple Pay
Notes
Maps
Apple News
Apple Music
Camera
Photos
Safari
Health
Home
Other iOS 11 Features
Do Not Disturb While Driving
QuickType One-Handed Keyboard
Automatic Setup
App Store Redesign
Tidbits and Hidden Features
iOS 11 for Developers
ARKit
Depth Map API
HomeKit
Apple Music
Core ML
NFC Chip
Compatibility
Release Date
iOS 11 Timeline
Introduced on June 5, 2017 at the Worldwide Developers Conference, iOS 11 is the next-generation version of iOS. As Apple CEO Tim Cook said on stage, the update takes the best and most advanced operating system and turns it up to 11.

iOS 11 brings subtle design changes to interface elements throughout the operating system. Text is bolder, apps like Calculator and Phone have a new look, and the Lock screen and Control Center have been entirely redesigned.

The Control Center is customizable and there are options to include a wider range of settings. It's no longer split across multiple screens, and 3D Touch integration has expanded, so you can do more without needing to open the Settings app.

As for the Lock screen, it's been merged with Notification Center. Swiping down on the screen to access notifications now brings up the Lock screen. Today view continues to be available with a side swipe, and everything generally looks the same -- there's just no separate Notification Center anymore.

Siri has a more natural voice and is more intelligent than ever. Siri learns user preferences and syncs that information across multiple devices, allowing the personal assistant to learn more about you and anticipate what you want. Siri can also translate English into different languages like Spanish and Chinese, and there's deeper Siri integration with Apple Music.

For the iPad, Apple has introduced a host of new features that make it more capable than ever before. A persistent Dock at the bottom of the display a makes it easy to launch and switch between apps, and there's a new App Switcher that's similar to Mission Control on the Mac, letting you see everything you're working on at a glance. For iPad Pro owners, the Apple Pencil does more, and several apps, like Mail and Notes, support inline drawing.

Drag and Drop lets you drag content like images and links from one app and drop it in another, and on both the iPad and the iPhone, there's a new Finder-style Files app for managing files. Files lists all files stored locally, in iCloud Drive, in apps, and in third-party cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive.

There are new keyboard features, like a one-handed keyboard on the iPhone and a "Flick" option for typing numbers and symbols more quickly on the iPad, and many of the built-in Apple apps have new functionality and feature updates.

Notes includes searchable handwriting and document scanning, Maps gains lane guidance, speed limit info, and indoor maps for malls and airports, while Apple Music includes a new feature that lets you see what your friends are listening to and share your own music. The Memories feature in Photos is smarter than ever, and in the Camera app, Portrait Mode and Live Photos have been improved with new capabilities.

HomeKit now supports speakers and there's a new AirPlay 2 protocol that includes multi-room functionality. Do Not Disturb has been expanded to encompass driving, muting notifications while a vehicle is in motion, and Messages has been improved with a new App Drawer that makes it easier to access Messages apps and stickers.

Messages is also gaining support for a new person-to-person Apple Pay feature that lets you send money to friends and family right through an iMessage, and iMessages themselves are now stored in iCloud, sync across devices, and take up less storage space. Photos and videos also take up less space through the adoption of new HEIF and HEVC formats.

The App Store has been completely revamped in iOS 11, and there are now two distinct sections for apps and games. There's also a new "Today" view that features new content on a daily basis to make it easier to discover fresh apps and games.

Apps can do a whole lot more thanks to several new APIs Apple is introducing, including CoreML and ARKit. CoreML provides machine learning tools to developers, while ARKit lets developers build complex and richly detailed augmented reality features into their apps.

iOS 11 is limited to developers and public beta testers at the current time, with Apple planning a fall public release alongside new iPhones.
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2017
Majorly excited about the file app
Re: Ios, Anyone? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2017
opestein:
Majorly excited about the file app
Boss can you help with cool apps on iOS for downloading quality songs and videos.
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:42am On Jul 14, 2017
DahtDopeBoi:
Boss can you help with cool apps on iOS for downloading quality songs and videos.
search for iBrowser or EDownloader on App Store, you can download any file format with them
Re: Ios, Anyone? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2017
opestein:
search for iBrowser or EDownloader on App Store, you can download any file format with them
Thanks Fam!
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
DahtDopeBoi:
Thanks Fam!
you are welcome
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
This thread is dry, no one using an Iphone
Re: Ios, Anyone? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
opestein:
This thread is dry, no one using an Iphone
Boss I don't know why, baffles me

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
It's dry because the person who created it abandoned it for some months. I remember asking some questions about 6months ago but got no reply on for me to check now and found out that the post has bn hidden
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2017
cupid4ig:
It's dry because the person who created it abandoned it for some months. I remember asking some questions about 6months ago but got no reply on for me to check now and found out that the post has bn hidden
you can ask the question again if the problem still persists. Sorry for the delay
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Let's bring back this thread....there are quite a lot of iPhone users around
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
bedford101:
Let's bring back this thread....there are quite a lot of iPhone users around
ios users, let's share problems, new or hidden features, tweaks and other stuffs about iOS that are worth sharing
Re: Ios, Anyone? by bedford101(m): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
Is there a place to get really good iPhone themes?
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
bedford101:
Is there a place to get really good iPhone themes?
theres no theme for iOS devices, changing your wallpaper will suffice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free 1.5GB For All MTN Users Today! / Help Me With The Identity Of This Woman / My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.