Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Do Atheists Hate God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Hate God? (10687 Views)

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by dalaman: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2016
winner01:
Sell falsehood among themselves on a religion sectionundecided. What are you here to sell? Unbelief?undecided Dopemu.

Tell your God to quickly ban all the atheist here so that they can allow you christians to keep debating if Mary should be worshiped as the mother of God or not, or if God truly exist as a trinity or not. You guys have not finished debating this issues and more amongst yourselves. Tell your God to hurry up and ban all atheist . In fact he should ban nairaland as a whole since it's owned by an atheist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by OgundeleT(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2016
no atheist can hate your god because it is just your own imagination. it only exist in your brain, it is an idea
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by tommysparks: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

He is not proving God's existence . God's existence needs no proving . He is just delineating how daft reason-deficient obtuse atheists go about launching scurrilous attacks on fairytales and a non existent God . The vacuous atheists are the ones who need to go through all those stress to disprove the existence of God .

Atheists are bunch of pillocks who need to have their empty skulls checked
your last statement is very unchristlike, Jesus Christ would.never use such a word on a human instead you show love. Be guided Christian brother. Christianity is a religion of Love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Lol..I read a wonderful YouTube comment once saying that atheists are always in denial; that somewhere in the back of their minds, they harbour the fear of a distinct possibility that they may actually be wrong in all this, which explains why they constantly come back again and again with all their vehement research and efforts to disprove the concept of God, or at least ridicule it and put themselves at ease. It's just insecurity at its worst.

Some of them just out of spite for a horrible event that happened in the past, and other silly reasons. Some, as someone here explained earlier, don't like the idea of being under divine authority or having moral obligations, etc etc etc

They just want to feel the pleasure of winning an argument, they want a pat on the back from other atheists consoling themselves that there is no God.

An atheist who is 100% sure of the non-existence of God, you won't even find him or her in the religion section of a forum.

Zlatan agrees

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2016
OgundeleT:
no atheist can hate your god because it is just your own imagination. it only exist in your brain, it is an idea

An idea that converses and even responds to requests

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by orisa37: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2016
Atheists don't know God, don't want to know God and want to continue playing ignorance @ the mention of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2016
Brigance:

Let me simplify this.

If theists don't keep going around saying a god exists, atheists won't have to say he/she doesn't.

See, it is a chain of claims triggered by a theist.

Have you seen anyone going around here saying a dancing mukeke doesn't exist? That's because no one has made the claim yet.

If anyone believes in an entity so much that he engages in public evangelism and proselytizing, the least he should do is atleast show reasonable proof to believe alongside him.

In any forum, by simply creating a new thread trying to disprove God from out of nowhere, the atheist has started his own chain of claims. For example this thread was created as a result of other atheist threads trying to disprove God. You can browse through Nairaland all day, you'd see that the oldest thread (well the oldest thread I've seen) relating to this "chain of claims" is an atheist thread trying to disprove or ridicule religion, and not a thread trying to prove Him instead.

I just can't fathom you people's fixation to an entity you believe to be non-existent, but whatever tickles your fancy sha..

Anyway, video of a dancing mukeke wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsTJ72_IQ-o

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 10:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Lol..I read a wonderful YouTube comment once saying that atheists are always in denial; that somewhere in the back of their minds, they harbour the fear of a distinct possibility that they may actually be wrong in all this, which explains why they constantly come back again and again with all their vehement research and efforts to disprove the concept of God, or at least ridicule it and put themselves at ease. It's just insecurity at its worst.

And why do christians ridicule islam and other religions?
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2016
Most of these issues don't start on Nairaland. Before coming to NL to start a thread the atheist has first been rudely woken up early in the morning by the churches on his street blaring prayers out of megaphones. Then on his way to town he was blocked by a Camp Revival something or the other that has no regard for public convenience or public peace. Then he got on a bus and got preached to maybe as many as 3 times by 3 different preachers who then hit them up for some money for the prayers. and on and on it goes.

So these issues do not start on NL.

Strawman:

In any forum, by simply creating a new thread trying to disprove God from out of nowhere, the atheist has started his own chain of claims. For example this thread was created as a result of other atheist threads trying to disprove God. You can browse through Nairaland all day, you'd see that the oldest thread (well the oldest thread I've seen) relating to this "chain of claims" is an atheist thread trying to disprove or ridicule religion, and not a thread trying to prove Him instead.

I just can't fathom you people's fixation to an entity you believe to be non-existent, but whatever tickles your fancy sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by virginboy1(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2016
Brigance:

Did I share any belief with you?

Like I said, if your faith can't withstand any more scrutiny, you know whom to cry to.

Your cousins have done the same, now they have a whole section to themselves.

lolz...its a good idea for the admin to have created a separate section for those ambassadors of terror to continue in their delusion of unlimited virgins...if not one of them would have dropped a dynamite on nairaland.

At least I can blend with Christians than those entities that tag non believers as arene.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Brigance(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Pally, a claim is slways prior to a disclaimer.

Your second sentence was meant for humour right?

You'd honestly hold that an atheist's disprove of God's existence triggered his existence?
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by OgundeleT(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

An idea that converses and even responds to requests
it is possible through indoctrination and that is what atheist stand against especially an agnostic like me and this is what make it look like we hate god. give me a concrete evidence then i will take it and stop reciting a book without no source to me
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

And why do christians ridicule islam and other religions?

Generalisation is very wrong, my good man..Are you now going to ignore me and other Christians who do not ridicule Islam?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2016
Brigance:

Pally, a claim is slways prior to a disclaimer.

Your second sentence was meant for humour right?

You'd honestly hold that an atheist's disprove of God's existence triggered his existence?

Well this is not my position anyway, so I will not linger on that. However, for this "chain of claims" to be going on even till now, after so many centuries, it just shows how unsuccessful the atheists' attempts at disproving religion has been so far cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Brigance(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Well this is not my position anyway, so I will not linger on that. However, for this "chain of claims" to be going on even till now, after so many centuries, it just shows how unsuccessful the atheists' attempts at disproving religion has been so far cheesy

Lol. classic confirmation bias.

This also shows how futile the theists apologetics has been.

Even their threats of hell and rave hasn't helped.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Generalisation is very wrong, my good man..Are you now going to ignore me and other Christians who do not ridicule Islam?

The same way that you ignore all the atheists that don't bother with God.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by frank317: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
tommysparks:
your last statement is very unchristlike, Jesus Christ would.never use such a word on a human instead you show love. Be guided Christian brother. Christianity is a religion of Love.

He is a God defender, no time for love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Brigance:

Lol. classic confirmation bias.

This also shows how futile the theists apologetics has been.

Even their threats of hell and rave hasn't helped.

Lol! Futile? Think again

"Studies on the demographics of atheism have concluded that self-identified atheists comprise anywhere from 2% to 13% of the world's population, whereas people without a religion comprise anywhere from 10% to 22% of the world's population" - The World Fact Book: Religions

"16% of the world's population is not affiliated with a religion, while 84% are affiliated." - Pew Forum on Religion; Public Life. The Global Religious Landscape.

(Those are Demographic References btw)

However/Whenever you see it, atheists are the minority. I don't need to stress how much significance a majority count holds when trying to determine who's successful and who's not.

Btw, you claimed religious people are the ones who started the "chain of claims". After all these years, the inability of the disclaimers/atheists to stop this "chain of claims" that theists started is the real failure on the atheists' part. While the ability to keep the "chain of claims" alive is true success on theists' part. cheesy

In other words, you atheists will have to totally stop this chain of claims that we theists have started before you even consider yourselves successful at what you're doing. Sadly [for you guys], as of now, you have a loooong way to go cheesy Well, except you find it fun in wasting your time.

Sorry if I'm using "chain of claims" too much, I'm starting to like that term grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

The same way that you ignore all the atheists that don't bother with God.

I was only addressing the ones who bother. If you notice in my opening post, I kept using the phrase "Some of them". I even defended the ones who do not bother by saying (paraphrased) "Those ones, you wouldn't even find them in the religion section of a forum."

So oga...stop generalising.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Czar01(m): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:
However/Whenever you see it, atheists are the minority. I don't need to stress how much significance a majority count holds when trying to determine who's successful and who's not.

Btw, you claimed religious people are the ones who started the "chain of claims". After all these years, the inability of the disclaimers/atheists to stop this "chain of claims" that theists started is the real failure on the atheists' part. While the ability to keep the "chain of claims" alive is true success on theists' part. cheesy

In other words, you atheists will have to totally stop this chain of claims that we theists have started before you even consider yourselves successful at what you're doing. Sadly [for you guys], as of now, you have a loooong way to go cheesy Well, except you find it fun in wasting your time.

Wow...I never thought of it this way. Especially the part about majority/minority etc. All these arguments between religious people and atheists, and no one even bother to find out which part has managed to influence and carry the world's population so far. Well, until now
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Brigance(m): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Lol! Futile? Think again

"Studies on the demographics of atheism have concluded that self-identified atheists comprise anywhere from 2% to 13% of the world's population, whereas people without a religion comprise anywhere from 10% to 22% of the world's population" - The World Fact Book: Religions

"16% of the world's population is not affiliated with a religion, while 84% are affiliated." - Pew Forum on Religion; Public Life. The Global Religious Landscape.

(Those are Demographic References btw)

Btw, you claimed religious people are the ones who started the "chain of claims". After all these years, the inability of the disclaimers/atheists to stop this "chain of claims" that theists started is the real failure and shows on the atheists' part. While the ability to keep the "chain of claims" alive is true success on theists' part. cheesy

Sorry if I'm using "chain of claims" too much, I'm starting to like that term grin

Lol. Nice facts.

You're right though. Atheists are in the minority, no thanks to a very hostile community.

Myself was in church today sef. Infact, I read the Bible Reading.

So, don't even trust your fellow brethren.

The folk is dwindling up.

Whatever is good sha.

There's definitely no hard feelings.

We were first human before we become theists. So, humanity over anything else.

Happy Sunday baba.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lol Atheist Are Not Angry At God Why Would They Be Angry At Something That Doesn't Exist Atheist Are Only Angry At The Atrocities Committed In The Name Of "Religion"
@winner01 Lets Take This For Example Do U Believe In Dragons?? Lets Say They Are Group Of People Who Believe In It With Their "faith" Yes They They Know Dragon Exist Even Though They Is No Evidence Of It.... And Every Month This People Sacrifice Hundreds Of Children To The Dragon To Please It @Winner01 Answer Me This Would U Do Anything To Stop It?? Would U Be Against It?? If U Could Answer That Honestly Then U Will Know The Answer To Your Question The One U Seek

1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Brigance:

Lol. Nice facts.

You're right though. Atheists are in the minority, no thanks to a very hostile community.

Myself was in church today sef. Infact, I read the Bible Reading.

So, don't even trust your fellow brethren.

The folk is dwindling up.

Whatever is good sha.

There's definitely no hard feelings.

We were first human before we become theists. So, humanity over anything else.

Happy Sunday baba.

Lol @ bolded part cheesy

Happy Sunday bro
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Czar01:

Wow...I never thought of it this way. Especially the part about majority/minority etc. All these arguments between religious people and atheists, and no one even bother to find out which part has managed to influence and carry the world's population so far. Well, until now

Lol bro forget the bombardment of atheist threads and comments you see online. We've been winning this battle since time immemorial grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Please don't forget that broad is your path and many are they that find it.

I'm too comfortable on the narrow paths, me and the few who've found it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

I was only addressing the ones who bother. If you notice in my opening post, I kept using the phrase "Some of them". I even defended the ones who do not bother by saying (paraphrased) "Those ones, you wouldn't even find them in the religion section of a forum."
So oga...stop generalising.

In the quote that I was addressing you didn't say anything about 'some of them'. You state quite clearly that 'Atheists are always in denial'. you continue about fears of distinct possibilities etc etc etc. Then you accuse others of generalizing!!

Strawman:

Why do you accuse others of generalising when you yourself are generalising wildly? I have an idea why. Because you are Projecting. It is a common ailment amongst christians. You see it all over the pages of NL.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

There is nowhere you'll find projection stronger than in christians. Consider this post of yours:

Strawman:

Some of them just out of spite for a horrible event that happened in the past, and other silly reasons. Some, as someone here explained earlier, don't like the idea of being under divine authority or having moral obligations, etc etc etc

They just want to feel the pleasure of winning an argument, they want a pat on the back from other atheists consoling themselves that there is no God.

An atheist who is 100% sure of the non-existence of God, you won't even find him or her in the religion section of a forum.

We've already looked at this. You accuse atheists of ridiculing christians when in fact it is the christians that do the most ridiculing.

Then you accuse me of Generalising when in fact you are the one that was generalising.

Now you accuse people of seeking to avoid moral obligations! Are you for real?

For a start I know more atheists with highly moral discipline than most christians.

You forget that you are the ones that claim that it is impossible for humans to be morally upright so rather than try to be moral you seek instead to have your immorality covered by the lamb's blood, or as some you put it you seek instead to have the righteousness of God imputed to you.
Christians even scoff at those that try to exercise moral discipline claiming that it is human effort and it is not good enough for God.
The worst thing is that you cannot see the connection between this doctrine and the deplorable moral state of the country.

Hahahahahaahahaha! The pleasure of winning arguments. You forget all your christian brothers who come to say that they are very intelligent and they are going to disgrace atheists and their stupidity. And then they launch all manner of idiotic rhetorics posing as arguments. They say Atheists are Fools because they read it in the bible (even though they are blatantly misreading the passage). The fact is that they NEED to see atheists as fools. They need to feel clever. They need to see everyone else as backwards while they are they enlightened ones.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Brigance(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Many are called, few were chosen they said.

Theist have been called, skeptics have been chosen.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
winner01:
This article is not to prove that God exists, but to prove the basis for the atheists contempt for his Creator.

Oh, God exists alright, the source of the universe, that is. But you don't stop there. You waka come bring book, come say na d source write am giv im favorite chosen humans, the Jews. Na lie.

Atheists have a large vocabulary. Many don't like to use the word God to replace the phrase source of the universe.

You people have polluted the meaning of the word to the point where it implies your fake Jewish tribe god. Abomination.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by orunto27: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
God has not revealed Himself to them as He did to Jacob, David etc.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

In the quote that I was addressing you didn't say anything about 'some of them'. You state quite clearly that 'Atheists are always in denial'. you continue about fears of distinct possibilities etc etc etc. Then you accuse others of generalizing!!

Please read the following paragraphs that you cut out of the original post. Thank you

The part where you accuse me of generalising, I said that I read a YouTube comment; something that someone else typed..not me. Though the original poster could be wrong in generalising, that's why the part where I myself addressed the issue with atheists, I kept saying "some of them". So sir, once again.. don't generalise, it is bad.

haha And why the exclamation marks? Why do I sense anger in this post? lol

PastorAIO:

Well that's good for you.

Modified: it seems you modified your post. Hmm, doesn't seem to make any difference. Phrases like: "you are the ones...", "all your Christian brothers...", etc shows that you are still generalising I see. Nothing worth a response from me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Please read the following paragraphs that you cut out of the original post. Thank you

The part where you accuse me of generalising, I said that I read a YouTube comment; something that someone else typed..not me. Though the original poster could be wrong in generalising, that's why the part where I myself addressed the issue with atheists, I kept saying "some of them".

So are you happy to refute that YouTube comment so that we can be clear. Because I was under the impression that you brought it up because you were in agreement with it. Please be clear, would you now refute it as a daft generalisation?

Where I saw 'some of them' was only where you were explaining the cause of their atheism. That was when you said 'some of them' became atheist because of bla bla, while some others became atheist because of bla bla etc etc.

That was where I saw 'some of them'. Otherwise I saw you endorsing the notion that Atheists are always in denial. Of course if this is a misunderstanding then I would welcome a public statement now that you do not agree with the statement.

haha And why the exclamation marks? Why do I sense anger in this post? lol
Exclamation mark is for emphasis. You'll be amazed how christians can totally miss the most pertinent point in a post and start bleating on about some footnote unless you blatantly point out to them with boldened underlined italicised words the main point of your posts.

Well that's good for you.
Yeah, very good for me. And it's good for Jesus too, according to the bible. The only people that will have problems with it are those who are into populism and who think that the validity of a religion or ideology depends on the number of people following it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

He is not proving God's existence . God's existence needs no proving . He is just delineating how daft reason-deficient obtuse atheists go about launching scurrilous attacks on fairytales and a non existent God . The vacuous atheists are the ones who need to go through all those stress to disprove the existence of God .

Atheists are bunch of pillocks who need to have their empty skulls checked

Living in denial of the knowledge of THAT THAT is, whether explicable /inexplicable is the worst form of self deceit and sadly this is the case of the man "who says there is no God".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? / I Call My Wife Baby..interview With Leke Adeboye And Wife / Salvation Ministries’ World’s Largest Church Auditorium Reaches Roofing Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.