Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (10702 Views)

Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2017
By God's grace the Bible is one of the books I have to my credit. I started it on 4th April and finished on 11th August, this year.

I read with understanding, it was very interesting, the historical books, the Jews, prophets, Pentateuch, the Gospel, letters, etc.

Heretofore, I've been reading the Bible and all that but I just made out time and was determined to study all the wordings.

Lastly, I urge you to do the same because you will learn a lot.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KweenAngela(f): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2017
What have you actually learnt

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2017
KweenAngela:
What have you actually learnt

Dey r numerous, in a nutshell, being good.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2017
achidisucre:

Dey r numerous, in a nutshell, being good.
what are the names of the two sons of Eli?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2017
dingbang:
what are the names of the two sons of Eli?

Hophni and Phinehas

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by dingbang(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2017
achidisucre:

Hophni and Phinehas
which book in the bible can the name Leviathan be found?,
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by johnydon22(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2017
dingbang:
which book in the bible can the name Leviathan be found?,

Job

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by dingbang(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2017
johnydon22:

Job
y'all be using bible search app grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by benodic: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2017
When I was a christian, I read a chapter everyday from Genesis to Revelation. and starts all over again when I get to the end.
I learnt some vital lessons.
1. the old testament is the history of the Jews and not my history or that of the whole world.

2. the god depicted in the old testament is the tribal god of the Jews and not that of the whole humanity and not my God either. hence his sending the Jews to massacre other tribes and races who are not in harmony with the Jews

3. For the first time in the New testament, Jesus presented a picture of a loving God to the Jews which was quite alien to them as they preferred their war mongering god which led to them crucifying Jesus

4. for the first time too, in the new testament, Jesus introduced the Holy Spirit which he said will lead one to all truth and this was culminated in the pentescost when the apostles experienced the Holy Spirit and were empowered thereafter.

5. this now led for my quest for the Holy Spirit which culminated in my becoming a member of ECKANKAR.

6. ECK meaning Holy Spirit and ANKAR meaning The way. put together meaning, the way of the Holy Spirit

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by malvisguy212: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2017
John 3:16 is the Gospel/bible in a nutshell, it explained God plans of salvation, the entire bible, all of God plans from the beginning of time, throughout the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by malvisguy212: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2017
benodic:
When I was a christian, I read a chapter everyday from Genesis to Revelation. and starts all over again when I get to the end.
1. the old testament is the history of the Jews and not my history or that of the whole world.

2. the god depicted in the old testament is the tribal god of the Jews and not that of the whole humanity and not my God either. hence his sending the Jews to massacre other tribes and races who are not in harmony with the Jews

3. For the first time in the New testament, Jesus presented a picture of a loving God to the Jews which was quite alien to them as they preferred their war mongering god which led to them crucifying Jesus

4. for the first time too, in the new testament, Jesus introduced the Holy Spirit which he said will lead one to all truth and this was culminated in the pentescost when the apostles experienced the Holy Spirit and were empowered thereafter.

5. this now led for my quest for the Holy Spirit which culminated in my becoming a member of ECKANKAR.

6. ECK meaning Holy Spirit and ANKAR meaning The way. put together meaning, the way of the Holy Spirit
you need a serious Bible lesson .

1.it was through Abraham that God promised to multiply his seed , in other word, just as God use prophet to deliver his message, He use Israel to reach out to the rest of mankind.

2. in the old testament, they live in the despensation of the law , and when you break the law, you face the God of justice, Israel too face the wrath of God when they break the law. the purpose of this law to contrast our holiness with that of God and show how weak man his. but in the new testament, THE WRATH OF GOD IS FULFILLED. “‘The day will come,’ says the Lord, ‘when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. . . . But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,’ says the Lord. ‘I will put my law in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people’” (Jeremiah 31:31, 33). Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law of Moses (Matthew 5:17) and to establish the New Covenant between God and His people. The Old Covenant was written in stone, but the New Covenant is written on our hearts.

3. indeed , Jesus fulfilled the old testament prophecy of love, that was when the DESPENSATION OF GRACE BEGINS.

4. who is the holy spirit ? active force or a person ?
cc benodic

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by hopefulLandlord: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2017
I have, I like reading myths and bible fits it perfectly

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2017
you need a serious Bible lesson .
He needs to be lied to undecided

Everyone knows all gods cannot be real
Therefore some or all gods must be fake

Some believers are convince through faith. Faith works for all gods
Therefore, faith works for fake gods

Some believers are inspired by their holy book. All religion are inspired by their holy book
Therefore, fake holy book can be inspiring

Some believers are convinced by their love of god. Many different god are loved by believers.
Therefore you can love a fake god

Some believers are convinced their prayers are answered. All gods are believed to answer prayers
Therefore, fake gods answer prayers

Some believers believe their god protect and watch over them. All gods protect and watch over believers
Therefore, fake gods watch and protect believers

With all these, how then do you know your god is real?

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by johnydon22(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2017
dingbang:
y'all be using bible search app grin

Good news Bible and New community Bible Catholic edition hard copy

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by cyborg123(m): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
benodic, you said:

Now, why would the war mongering God inspire his own prophets to prophesy about Jesus as seen in the OLD testament?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by 701ecilana: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I have, I like reading myths and bible fits it perfectly
It's good you do. Believe it or not, it shall be used to judge your actions on earth.

Don't reply. No need

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by malvisguy212: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
He needs to be lied to undecided
just like someone lied to you

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
malvisguy212:
just like someone lied to you
Yes, My Brain, My Reasoning. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
benodic:

1.Don't you use the Bible in your church?
2. Is Eckankar not a christian denomination?
3. Don't you believe in Jesus Christ?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by hopefulLandlord: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

It's good you do. Believe it or not, it shall be used to judge your actions on earth.

Don't reply. No need

that's like telling you Koran OR Vedas OR Kitáb-i-Aqdas OR Tripitaka (Pali Canon) OR Mahayana Sutras OR the Tibetan Book of the Dead would be used to judge your actions on earth

nothing special in the myths called Bible
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
achidisucre:

1.Don't you use the Bible in your church? 2. Is Eckankar not a christian denomination? 3. Don't you believe in Jesus Christ?
eckankar is not a Christian denomination. it's not even an Abrahamic religion.
it's kinda similar to the grail message.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by benodic: 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
@ malvisguy212

you need a serious Bible lesson

and you need an open mind and an open heart. two very important ingredients for spiritual growth.

@ cyborg123

Now, why would the war mongering God inspire his own prophets to prophesy about Jesus as seen in the OLD testament?

the Jews whom the old testament is about do not believe Jesus is the one the prophecy is about because so far as they are concerned their war mongering god will send them a general who will liberate them from the Romans and not someone who will ask them to turn the other cheek. The Catholic Church were the ones who gave those interpretations after choosing the books they want to make up the Bible.

@ achidisucre

.Don't you use the Bible in your church?

ECKANKAR has its own Holy book called The Way of The Eternal.

2. Is Eckankar not a christian denomination?

ECKANKAR is a religion of its own. It is the path to Spiritual Freedom. The Religion of the Light and Sound of God. Light and Sound being the means through the Holy Spirit, the pure essence of God, manifests to Soul. example is the sound of the wind and the light that appeared as tongues of fire during the pentecost. Contact with the Holy Spirit leads you to all truth. ECKANKAR presents the truth as it is, removed from all social trappings, dogma, politics or traditional cultures and speaks directly to Soul which we all are.

3. Don't you believe in Jesus Christ?

We don't work with believe but rather with knowingness. we know that Jesus Christ is a Spiritual Master of the Christ Level of Consciousness and he is still very active in the inner planes ready to teach any Soul who have developed enough spiritual disciplines to meet with him in the inner worlds. Just like other Spiritual Masters.
The Spiritual Masters do not quarrel or compete amongst themselves to showcase who is greater than the other. only the ignorant followers who are under the influence of the ego do so. when you are able to move into the inner planes in full consciousness, you will see these things for yourself. and when you have experienced them, the arguments on who is right or wrong ends. you become a love driven soul and all you care for is to care for and love your fellow souls despite differences in race, language or religion. then your journey back to your true home in the abode of God truly begins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2017
@ benodic
Tnx 4 de answers
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by EricBloodAxe: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2017
I sleep from the beggining...such a boring book embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by refiner(f): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2017
Almost thru.....currently in genesis chapter 1 vs 2...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by talkeverytime: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2017
I see the OP said he learnt being good from the Bible, you don't need to read the Bible to learn being good. If you're truly reading it like you say, you're just reading a story book, better ask the HolySpirit to help you.

Hope you're going for your Church service today. Read Here "How to get the Best Out Of Your Church Services" http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/08/how-to-get-best-out-of-your-church.html
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by benodic: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2017
@ achidisucre

@ benodic
Tnx 4 de answers

you are very welcome
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Divay22(f): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2017
Nah
I stopped at Exodus sad sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by TINALETC3(f): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2017
I tried bt stopped somewhere in acts of d apostles
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by twosquare(m): 9:09am On Aug 13, 2017
Sure.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by ProfEinstein: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2017
You must be so jobless to have read that story book from the beginning to the end, get a job bro lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2017
Yeah. That's when I realized it was so full of bullshit. Lol. I'm so glad I did.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) / Should Women Be Silent In Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.