Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

"Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka (20778 Views)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Emimoney(m): 7:02am On Jun 12, 2016
H
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by stefan388: 7:05am On Jun 12, 2016
kayojosephy:
A great piece from a living legend in honour of a departed legend making d poem legendary...
what is great? What about the N82m Naira he stole from Wike office?
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Nutase: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Aviero:

This is beautiful!

Soyinka is drugzzzzz!

Or write "Nutase's brain is between her thighs" .. Nonsense!
Akshow:
his poems are not for lazy, low iq, fickle, feeble minded people. He writes for the matured minds.
@topic. a brilliant masterpiece. As expected, very Esoteric.
highpriest4:

Borinģgggggggggg
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by highpriest4: 7:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:

Borinģgggggggggg

4 Likes

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Akshow: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:

Borinģgggggggggg

2 Likes

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Intrepid01(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Hmmmm.....it seems the legends are on roll call to the world beyond. Wole Soyinka; the master poet, confusionist to the unintelligent, exceptional to great minds. Anoda piece from the old source by a legend for a legend. O God...Muhammad Ali came like everyone but left like a god...Do not let me leave unnoticed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by AlphaDibia(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Ali, Bom Aye..

leledels:
Ali bomaye, what a chant
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by krak101(m): 7:35am On Jun 12, 2016
stefan388:
Some of our biggest thieves. Has he retunred the N82 million Naira he stole from Rivers state? Shameless Nigerian professors.
Abeg what 82million?
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2016
took my time to read this. But prof, Why did u compared ali with an Esu?
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:
Boring....make him write Buhari in London or Timpolo in the creeks.
you just insulted a great master piece, poems too complicated to be appreciated by less intelligent minds, babe u embarrassed urself with that comment, if shakespare gives such a poem out about an athele albeit how confusing and hard to understand it all sounds, no one in their right minds would stand so low as to make such a comment u just did, this is intelligence at it's peak, this is seeing their world from a different perspective, this is documenting a night of boxing like it was the most important day in history, this man is blessed and skilled, respect him, Nigerians should learn to respect and appreciate great things and people..

5 Likes

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Nutase: 7:49am On Jun 12, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
you just insulted a great master piece, poems too complicated to be appreciated by less intelligent minds, babe u embarrassed urself with that comment, if shakespare gives such a poem out about an athele albeit how confusing and hard to understand it all sounds, no one in their right minds would stool so low as to make such a comment u just did, this is intelligence at it's peak, this is seeing their world from a different perspective, this is documenting a night of boxing like it was the most important day in history, this man is blessed and skilled, respect him, Nigerians should learn to respect and appreciate great things and people..
Thanks a lot luvly. Next time I won't stool so low.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Real recognise real, Ali was and still is the Greatest, so strong and positive, believed so much in himself, he became an inspiration, he was rude, wild and lived his life but was happy for it, such people come out once in a life time, no wonder the whole blacks world wide respect and pay condolence to him, such realness, what a man.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by flokii: 7:53am On Jun 12, 2016
Maximum respect for you prof.

Fine piece
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:

Now that was 'Boring' dear I don't want to get rude n all that but u shouldn't have, if you do not understand what it means to pen such thoughts down, just ignore the ignore the thread and move on to d ones u are well familiar with, hope ur good tho, happy sunday

1 Like

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by oshiokpu(m): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2016
We can become great too using the power of leverage..the difference between people like him and the rest of the world is " what they know"
To be like him check my signature strictly if you have a business in the mentioned area.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by ochikoloto1(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2016
kimond101:
I believe I'm not the only one that didn't understand most of the words in the poem.
I'll just keep quiet so they won't know we both wear same pair of shoe.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by prof800(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2016
A poem for "the greatest" written by Africa's greatest.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2016
The great Wole Soyinka from Anambara State.

1 Like

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Arclan07: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2016
A great legend described as a man who wrote his own life story by former America president ,president bill Clinton at his memorial service,RIP the GOAT,Mohamad Alli.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by leobrownish(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
stefan388:
Some of our biggest thieves. Has he retunred the N82 million Naira he stole from Rivers state? Shameless Nigerian professors.

Na u go kw wu steal nd wu no steal... We talking education u talkin nonsense... Mtcheew!!! #RESPECT Prof Soyinka.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by remedick: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2016
BrideOfDracula:
DStv now has a whole channel dedicated to the "King of the world". He was quite a character. Arrogant & egotistic to the point of delusion lol. May he RIP.
yeah... one is his tactics of defeating his opponents is speaking fear into their mind lol.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by menacetosociety: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:

Ashi na u go tire undecided

1 Like

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Obamina(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Davbams:
Wow!

What a beautiful poem.
. To be perfectly honest, you didn't finish it all yet you shouted "beautiful, great and awesome"
we are lazy to read.
We are too tired
we are good to show all is well.
You didn't finish that poem
you didn't finish that poem
i know you will defend yourself
but didn't finish the poem
slow down pal
JUST DE WRITE MY OWN POEM ABOUT A NAIRALANDER WHO CLAIMED TO FINISH THE POEM.

1 Like

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by menacetosociety: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2016
stefan388:
what is great? What about the N82m Naira he stole from Wike office?
What's this Illiterate IBO boy saying grin

2 Likes

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by SaffronSpice: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2016
Conceived and buried by the great Prof.'s pen.

What I'll love to hear is the legendary Nas spitting this heat on a No I.D. beat.

R.I.P Mohammed Ali.
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Rekeb: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2016
Beautiful
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by stanley095(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Nice one Sir
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by sukkot: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2016
SirShymexx:
Sukkot

Even the great/erudite Prof. Wole Soyinka took time out to eulogise and celebrate the greatness of the greatest and a legendary icon who transcended sports and impacted the lives of millions.

When is he going to write one for these coaches you stay disturbing me with?

that nigga just jumping on the band wagon. even jonathan goodluck the kleptomaniac dropped an eulogy

2 Likes

Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Obamina:
. To be perfectly honest, you didn't finish it all yet you shouted "beautiful, great and awesome"
we are lazy to read.
We are too tired
we are good to show all is well.
You didn't finish that poem
you didn't finish that poem
i know you will defend yourself
but didn't finish the poem...

gringringrin
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by ameynuJR(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
"Kill him" in the Lingala language. Known for the 60,000 who chanted it as Muhammad Ali entered the ring during the Rumble in the Jungle fight against George Foreman in 1974.

"Ali, bomaye! Ali, bomaye!"
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Protein01(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
kimond101:
I believe I'm not the only one that didn't understand most of the words in the poem.

Exactly why they sell Dictionary under Awolowo way Bridge in Ikeja!
Get a copy and look it up!
I refuse to believe u tryna blame Wole for ur predicament!
Re: "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka by Ayatullah(m): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Wole Soyinka! Wole Soyinka! Wole Soyinka! Poetry will take you nowhere! Accept the existence of your creator. You are a witness against yourself that YOU ARE CLOSER TO YOUR GRAVE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

== A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) / The Italian's Baby Mother / Happy Married Life To TiffanyJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.