Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute (1451 Views)

What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? / Senators To Contribute N300k Each For IDPs & Rehabilitation Of North-East / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by mesoprogress(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nigerians don't understand the implication of the system we run in Nigeria. Whether you generate revenue or not, you must share statutory allocation from federal government. What this means is that even the whole niger delta quits oil production, they will still be entitled to monthly allocation except for 13%derivation.

It's time to look away from oil. Revenue from innumerable tax returns from Lagos and Ogun, revamped agricultural tax and mineral exploration from North should henceforth contribute 70% of federal government revenue. It's time for niger delta to rest so that they can benefit from other regions as well.

I hope and support such a system for next five years. I just hope the northerners and SW will be cool with this arrangement. As for SE , they fend for themselves. If dollar increases, they increase price of their goods. If pump price increases, they add it to their commodities and sell to you. So no losses for them. That's why you don't see them protesting for pump price increase.

Just hope we can try zero oil economy.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Engrobiorah(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
How can buhari see this?
He is not on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Flexherbal(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
Looking away from oil, is a very good suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by mauriceju2(m): 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Those two region will never do that, parasite dont let their host go without war
Flexherbal:
Looking away from oil, is a very good suggestion.

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by kayfra: 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Time for SE to become relevant.

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Good idea,its time for s.west.s.east nd north to contribute.the n/delta region has been feeding all of us with there oil its time we also get productive.but op in ur myopic mind u didn't add s.east does it mean they are nt relevant nd they do not have anything to boast the economy in there region.nd please don't mention oil cause 94% of oil comes from n/delta.ondo state even produce more oil than abia nd ondo.so my question is won't igbo's be contributing
Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by cjrane: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
Engrobiorah:
How can buhari see this?
He is not on nairaland

Abookis and their afonja servants won't like this thread oo grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
mesoprogress:
Nigerians don't understand the implication of the system we run in Nigeria. Whether you generate revenue or not, you must share statutory allocation from federal government. What this means is that even the whole niger delta quits oil production, they will still be entitled to monthly allocation except for 13%derivation.

It's time to look away from oil. Revenue from innumerable tax returns from Lagos and Ogun, revamped agricultural tax and mineral exploration from North should henceforth contribute 70% of federal government revenue. It's time for niger delta to rest so that they can benefit from other regions as well.

I hope and support such a system for next five years. I just hope the northerners and SW will be cool with this arrangement. As for SE , they fend for themselves. If dollar increases, they increase price of their goods. If pump price increases, they add it to their commodities and sell to you. So no losses for them. That's why you don't see them protesting for pump price increase.

u such an hypocrite,u said s.east fend for themself,please tell me don't they receive revenue from the goverment.or when fg share bail out fund ur goverbors reject.if u want me to take s.east serious y'll start destroying all gf property in ur region cause they were all founded from oil money
S.west.s.east nd north must all feed nigeria as far as they all enjoyed the oil money.let's all leave the good people of n/delta,they have fed us for long.its time we try to feed d country also,be it s.east,s.west nd north

3 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by ODVanguard: 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
mesoprogress:
As for SE , they fend for themselves.

Did you just say SE fend for themselves?? You mean your governors haven't been receiving their monthly allocation all this while?? Una governors no follow collect bailout?? Smh. This coming from someone from a tribe that contributes the least to the federal coffers in the South. Why are you people such hypocrites??

3 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by SuperS1Panther: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
mesoprogress:
As for SE , they fend for themselves.

Please tell us one thing SE is bringing to the table in this country? Just one.

It remains the most parasitic region of the country.

8 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
ODVanguard:

Did you just say SE fend for themselves?? You mean your governors haven't been receiving their monthly allocation all this while?? Una governors no follow collect bailout?? Smh. This coming from someone from a tribe that contributes the least to the federal coffers in the South. Why are you people such hypocrites??
no mind them,yeye hypocrites,maybe they carter for themselve by selling gala nd fandago under third mainland bridge

5 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by aresa: 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
[s]
mesoprogress:

[/s]

Nigeria's non oil revenue comes from the SW mostly so exactly what's your village contributing?

9 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Nigeria's non oil revenue comes from the SW mostly so exactly what's your village contributing?
oga mi sir,help me ask them oh.they said they fend for themself,but they don't reject bailout fund nd they don't receive revenue from fedral goverment

7 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 12, 2016
Lmaooo the quadrangle head slyly removed the east. Muhphuqeen parasites grin cheesy Dem no dey contribute shingbayn to this country
but na dem make noise pass

The SW holds 60% of Nigeria’s industrial capacity, about 60% of the country’s banking assets and 67% of its insurance assets

Holds two of Nigeria’s most important deep seaports – the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island

Plays host to Nigeria’s busiest airport (MMIA),

The only part of Nigeria with access to both land and sea borders

Olosh is talking about SE fending for themselves grin grin cheesy

Instead of you Akube mofos to be giving praises to Oduduwa every morning, una dey here dey yarn dust

Ungrateful muhphukars

After the SS, the SW is the most crucial in that country and contributes the most non-oil revenue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Henrydone: 12:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Who are this muggers ondo contributed 7.0051% of oil and they never boost I don't understand the kind of blood that runs through you naija deltas too aggressive and sentimental grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 12, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lmaooo the quadrangle head slyly removed the east. Muhphuqeen parasites grin cheesy Dem no dey contribute shingbayn to this country

The SW holds 60% of Nigeria’s industrial capacity, about 60% of the country’s banking assets and 67% of its insurance assets

Holds two of Nigeria’s most important deep seaports – the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island

Olosh is talking about SE fending for themselves grin grin cheesy,

Instead of you Akube mofos to be giving praises to Oduduwa every morning, una dey here dey yarn dust

Ungrateful muhphukars

After the SS, the SW is the most crucial in that country and contributes the most non-oil revenue

u are wicked oh,chai see as u finish our Igbo brothers,that dump op shoot himself in the leg when he said s.east have been fending for themselve

10 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2016
fuckDmod:
u are wicked oh,chai see as u finish our Igbo brothers,that dump op shoot himself in the leg when he said s.east have been fending for themselve

See ehn, these akube m040s are being fed with lies in the village and they all believe those lies
even the educated ones

Unfortunately, there are very few Yorubas on this forum who have enough info to refute them

The lies don spread gaan. That was how one fool told us gigbos have bought all the lands in Lagos

I told the olosh to give me the stats, he ran away grin grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by aresa: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Olosh is talking about SE fending for themselves grin grin cheesy,

Ungrateful muhphukars

Abeg give the batterd and blodied OP Lucozade and alabukun..

lmao....See deadly TKO.. grin

8 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 12, 2016
aresa:

grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 12, 2016
Whathaveidone:

See ehn, these akube m040s are being fed with lies in the village and they all believe those lies
even the educated ones

Unfortunately, there are very few Yorubas on this forum who have enough info to refute them

The lies don spread gaan. That was how one fool told us gigbos have bought all the lands in Lagos

I told the olosh to give me the stats, he ran away grin grin cheesy

hahaha did u notice that there common word 'our oyel' has reduced since people start tackling them with evidence nd stats that ondo produce more oil than there region.now all they do is shout'yoruba's are trying to spoil our unity with with niger/delta' 'yoruba's are jealous of ss/se unity nd they now claim niger/delta.this i-pots yoots no dy shame,denying there tribe cause of oyel.there useless secession plan is all about enticing n/delta to join them,that's why they support nd avengers nd they ass lick niger/delta people.even if a niger/delta indegen says they won't join them in there land of wrecking sun,they would call me traitor,yoruba,nd all sort of bad name cause of oil.am sure the niger/delta avengers are ipob yoots that's y dy are demanding for release of nnamdi karu.they are worst than the north they call leaches there plan is to take niger/delta land nd oil

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2016
aresa:

although am pro-pdp but boss mi,be merciful on this i-pot yoots nw.they might end up commiting sucide by jumping into our lagoon,nd u know oduduwa ko fe idoti.its an honour to die in lagos(amelika) in the land of the wrecking sun.those yeye i-pot yoots be making me ashamed of being in same party with most of them,its seems ill port to kowa or labour party

4 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by ruggedchap: 12:42am On Jun 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Please tell us one thing SE is bringing to the table in this country? Just one.

It remains the most parasitic region of the country.

Dullard !
Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by ever811(m): 12:44am On Jun 12, 2016
south east,are the real parasites in this country..

6 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 12, 2016
ruggedchap:

Dullard !
must u insult,can't u answer his question.what contribution does s.east add to nigeria gdp

2 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by raumdeuter: 1:05am On Jun 12, 2016
Most of the non oil income are from the SW

The North contributes in Agriculture

The main question is what does SE contribute other than crime

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by SuperS1Panther: 1:26am On Jun 12, 2016
ruggedchap:

Dullard !

Not surprised that it is coming from an atrophied cerebral cortex.

What exactly is SE contributing to these country apart from crimes and disgracing Nigeria all over the world.

3 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 12, 2016
raumdeuter:
Most of the non oil income are from the SW

The North contributes in Agriculture

The main question is what does SE contribute other than crime

they destroy our industries by importing trash from world all over

3 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Standing5(m): 2:03am On Jun 12, 2016
OP please include the east. It will help your thread make much more sense.
Aregbe can confidently sit down and borrow so much because the people on whose behalf he is borrowing aren't paying with their sweat. They feel no sense of indebtedness and thus allow governors mismanage allocations.
Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:34am On Jun 12, 2016
Hmmn, not again. Another 100-page thread of ethnic bashing loading....All the things hate can do...just amazing!
Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by mesoprogress(m): 6:29am On Jun 12, 2016
We're practicing a skewed federalism. SE doesn't need to contribute. They will relax and get their statutory allocation monthly. That's what Nigeria wants! If anyone doesn't like it they should allow SE go or on the least practice true federalism. By then, we will know if they are contributing.

1 Like

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by mesoprogress(m): 6:32am On Jun 12, 2016
This beats my imagination! If SE are parasites and contributes criminality to Nigeria state, why on earth are they preventing them from self determination!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Time For Northerners & Westerners To Contribute by modath(f): 6:50am On Jun 12, 2016
mesoprogress:
This beats my imagination! If SE are parasites and contributes criminality to Nigeria state, why on earth are they preventing them from self determination!!!!

This question has no commonsense attached to it, how are they being prevented? If they are really serious, all the migrants in other locations should be encouraged to return to the East, the bridge linking the SE to the unwanted part should be blown off then declare independence, chikena.... How is that difficult?

Ohk, you want it on a platter of gold? I thought you are the most hardworking people on the face of earth? Put some work in, nothing good comes easy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Agrees To Meet With Niger Delta Leaders / Appeal Court Described Abang's Judgement As A Rape On Democracy / Lagos Set To Launch Economic Team After Named 5th Largest Economy In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.