Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church (14577 Views)

I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by cynosure489: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Christians are more afraid of being poor than making heaven hence the insurance (scam) they call tithe and of course the so called god of men are smilling to the bank.

Happy tithing!

1 Like

Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by JUBILEE2000: 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
tonytony208:

The scriptures support tithe. Not just tithes, but tithes and offering.

Will you say politics is wrong because politicians play it dirty?

In the same way, tithe payment can't be said to be wrong just because pastors spend it wrongly.

it's still not enough reason to call him antichrist. Did our Lord and saviour Jesus Chrust pay or collect tithes. Did the Apostles aslo receive tithes??. Tithe in Christianity is a scam!!!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by afanide: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
frosbel2:
Paying tithes is like pouring money down a black hole because in 99% of cases it is not used for the welfare of PEOPLE with REAL NEEDS, it is used to build empires for crooks masquerading as men of god and further what in their opinion, is the gospel or perhaps the kingdom of God. In addition they spend the money on their needs and that of their families, friends , cronies, girl friends etc.

Besides paying tithes is not biblical.

Study ur bible bro....... Not reading cheesy
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=slimmax post=46505549
Please read through to 7:13 and understand[/quote]Hebrew 7:1-26 talks abt Jesus who receives our tithe n keeps record .Verse 8 specifically talks about Jesus- and here men that die receive tithes;but there He receiveth them,of whom it is witnessed that He liveth. From my experience there are churches u pay tithe to yet u wont receive any blessing while some that same day u paid in d tithe u start experiencing blessings from diff angles.Dont let d Devil rob u of dis blessing.Speak to d Holy Spirit n let Him direct on tithing n how to pay it to experience this blessing, Simple!
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by hotspec(m): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
frosbel2:
Paying tithes is like pouring money down a black hole because in 99% of cases it is not used for the welfare of PEOPLE with REAL NEEDS, it is used to build empires for crooks masquerading as men of god and further what in their opinion, is the gospel or perhaps the kingdom of God. In addition they spend the money on their needs and that of their families, friends , cronies, girl friends etc.

U jut totally missed it. Paying tithes and offerings is biblical. Both tithe and offering have their respective functions in d ministry; and paying such have their attendant blessings.q
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by omonnakoda: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
tonytony208:

The scriptures support tithe. Not just tithes, but tithes and offering.

Will you say politics is wrong because politicians play it dirty?

In the same way, tithe payment can't be said to be wrong just because pastors spend it wrongly.
Where EXACTLY in the scripture?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mikolo80: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
ettaetta:
Going to church is the most important. Always try to be in chyurch
why
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by rhektor(m): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
I am not a regular Church goer. Infact it's been more than a year since I stepped into any church. But one thing I don't joke of is my tithe. I pay that regularly and do that randomly to churches around me.

And when it comes to giving offerings, I am one of the most generous young guy you can meet. I give alms bountifully and pay some young people's school fees.

Now my question is. Are my tithes and offering acceptable to God since I don't worship in any Church.

You are just like corlineus in the Bible Acts 10, however one thing is needed your relationship with God matters more than your financial commitment. Yes tithing offering is very good.
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. Mathew 23:23.
My brother please my candid advice for you is to move closer by giving your heart to Jesus.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ettaetta(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
mikolo80:
why
pls scroll up i answered this question before
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
cynosure489:
Christians are more afraid of being poor than making heaven hence the insurance (scam) they call tithe and of course the so called god of men are smilling to the bank.

Happy tithing!

grin grin grin
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Megaideas(f): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
frosbel2:

My dear watch your tongue
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Megaideas(f): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
God's mouthpiece. One Invisible Church indeed! Keep on misleading yourself and gullible people.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mikolo80: 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
ettaetta:
pls scroll up i answered this question before
OK
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Megaideas:

My dear watch your tongue

or ?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mario2k(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
My friend God has no bussiness with u,he is not interested in your money.God interested in your soul and u must give account of whateva u did with it,u had better started serving God with all your heart and might cos their is no more time rapture of the saints is immenient.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
hotspec:

U jut totally missed it. Paying tithes and offerings is biblical. Both tithe and offering have their respective functions in d ministry; and paying such have their attendant blessings.q

Indeed it is biblical but not in the church age, it was ONLY applicable in the ancient times when there were Levites and priests who existed together with the physical temple of God , where they ministered.

But it is certainly not applicable to this era where all believers are priests not just some self appointed , so called MOG.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ahamonyeka(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
ettaetta:
Going to church is the most important. Always try to be in church
how can going to church be the most important?what do you go church to do worship God right?what's if you attend always and keep doing things you know wrong what the essence of the church?

As for me my church is my heart and I pay my tithe by giving to needs,support church buildings etc.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ettaetta(m): 2:18am On Jun 13, 2016
ahamonyeka:
how can going to church be the most important?what do you go church to do worship God right?what's if you attend always and keep doing things you know wrong what the essence of the church?

As for me my church is my heart and I pay my tithe by giving to needs,support church buildings etc.

i answered this before
ettaetta:
Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

When u go to church and listen to the word of God it builds your faith in God, and you grow stronger as a christian. Thats why i said its more important to go to church than staying at home to pay your tithes
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Adeolakk(m): 7:00am On Jun 13, 2016
frosbel2:

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it
Malachi 3 : 10. You were saying...
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2016
Adeolakk:

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it
Malachi 3 : 10. You were saying...

Who was God referring to here ? Start from Malachi 2 and then come back and tell me. Don't just pluck one verse out of context and use it to fleece the flock.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Aniwhyte(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Adeolakk(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
frosbel2:

Who was God referring to here ? Start from Malachi 2 and then come back and tell me. Don't just pluck one verse out of context and use it to fleece the flock.
Please teach me. I'm listening. Who was God referring to?
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mollie12: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
heskeyw:
Our relationship and closeness to GOD almighty is not measured by taking attendance. Going to church doesn't make you a good christian vice versa.

But going to church to fellowship and grow with other believers shows your love for the brethren, which Christ instructs. You cannot dissociate Christianity from church-going (provided attendance is for the right reasons). Good Christianity is not determined by church going alone, but it is not possible for a person to be a true Christian and not have any association with other believers (whether through church attendance, fellowships and the like).
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mollie12: 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
ahamonyeka:

That you or others engage in wrongdoing while attending church does not negate the essence or benefits of going to church. The church of God is a body and cannot reside in anyone's heart. It is the will and purpose of God for His children to grow together, functioning as different parts of one unit, blessing each other and helping each other grow (Ephesians 4:16). Let's encourage one another in this regard, and not neglect the habit of meeting together, "but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25). Blessings and peace to you.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mollie12: 9:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=dovezeeta post=46511119][/quote]

So is that the reason tithes are paid? To selfishly gain a blessing in return? Is God now a money-doubler or a "Baba-Ijebu" scheme? This is not how we learned Christ...
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by mollie12: 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
basadenet:
Going to church regularly is not compulsory, paying your tithes regularly is the key. Your tithes is acceptable by God.

By saying this you have prioritised the money of this man over his soul. This means that Muslims can pay tithes, even atheists and armed robbers can pay tithes and God will accept. This is not what we learnt of God: He desires the heart and life of man over his money ("obedience is better than sacrifice", "the sacrifices of the LORD are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart", Isaiah 1:11-17). If this is your theology, you need to backtrack immediately, because it is incredibly dangerous. God wants, above all else, that everyone surrenders their heart and life to Him, trusting in His Son Jesus for their salvation and yielding themselves to transformation by His Spirit, and this process involves meeting and growing with other believers through church/fellowship attendance and participation. This is more important than tithe payment, any day and any time.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
mollie12:

That you or others engage in wrongdoing while attending church does not negate the essence or benefits of going to church. The church of God is a body and cannot reside in anyone's heart. It is the will and purpose of God for His children to grow together, functioning as different parts of one unit, blessing each other and helping each other grow (Ephesians 4:16). Let's encourage one another in this regard, and not neglect the habit of meeting together, "but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25). Blessings and peace to you.

The bible talks about assembling or gathering together with other believers which may be in twos or threes and could be anyway and on any day.
Church attendance is not mandatory.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
mollie12:

So is that the reason tithes are paid? To selfishly gain a blessing in return? Is God now a money-doubler or a "Baba-Ijebu" scheme? This is not how we learned Christ...
I can c u r not born-again n knw nothing abt d kingdom of God. Giving diamond to pig or swine is useless. Teaching them d things of God is like trying to convert Satan . U r no different frm d Pharisees in d bible. Jesus had a tough time trying to convince Dem abt d practical true. Jesus turning water into wine,I'm sure u wld hav called Him babalawo or a magician.Pharisees just like their father satan can quote d whole bible yet dey r hypocrites. Y do u give offerings in church is it part of holiness. Didn't Satan appear b4 God to ask for permission to attack Job. Any1 can come to church to give offering,yet The almighty God knows His true saints unlike hypocrite n bible scholar like u. U r just like d pharisee n d sinner,Jesus talked abt in d bible. On d last u will find bible scholars in hellfire.no one n I repeat can attain Jesus' righteousness,we r only righteous by faith.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by ahamonyeka(m): 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
mollie12:

our churches today are money making business.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by heskeyw(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2016
mollie12:

But going to church to fellowship and grow with other believers shows your love for the brethren, which Christ instructs. You cannot dissociate Christianity from church-going (provided attendance is for the right reasons). Good Christianity is not determined by church going alone, but it is not possible for a person to be a true Christian and not have any association with other believers (whether through church attendance, fellowships and the like).

You r right just that most christians lay emphasis on how often u attend church services rather than self-conduct.
Re: Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church by heskeyw(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2016
Its even easier these days to assassinate a pastor. All you have to do is just to take a walk on the main road. You will see their church crusade program posters, in this poster u will see their pictures, their wives pictures, residential address, phone numbers and account numbers(provided for the church needs). Nigerian christianity is now 'politicalised'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself / The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. / Pastor Jay Israel Calls Out Proff Ex & Ruth Matthew Over Alleged Missing Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.