Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? (4080 Views)

Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / What Is Your Best Bible Verse? / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by Medicis(m): 8:18am On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:
2nd Samuel 24: Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census.....

1st Chronicles 21 : Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel...

Two accounts of the same story in the same bible, but one account said it was the Lord and another said it was Satan ....................................................................................

Please is the bible contradicting itself or was it a mistake from the writer? someone said Jehovah was satan...lol don't want to believe that.....

bible scholars, pls help
Muafrika2 KingEbukasBlog winner01 Joagbaje
The Hebrew verb wayyaset, translated
“moved” (NKJV) or “incited (NASV), is identical
in both passages. God and Satan’s actions are
described using the same word. The difference
lies with the sense in which the word is used:
Satan incited (or tempted) Thessalonians
3:5) David more directly, while God is spoken of
as having incited David because He allowed such
temptation to take place. The Hebrews often
used active verbs to express “not the doing of
the thing, but the permission of the thing which
the agent is said to do” Throughout the Bible, God’s
allowance of something to take place often is
described by the sacred writers as having been
done by the Lord. Samuel says God incited David mainly because he ALLOWED it, and chronicles says Satan incited David mainly because he was directly involved ie he was the prime mover. They are both correct!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by specimenC: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
dazzlingd:
What is religion ?religion is believing whatever u have been told regardless of what is true without applying the brain.

who is a religious person? A religious person is one who will see black but call it white and will try every possible means to prove it is white....

This contradiction is too obvious enough to be disputed, malvisguy212 Muafrika2 chiedu7 and the rest, u guys sud jst give up defending it. Your perfect book is not that perfect after all.....

Hmmm, Crosses leg, religion this and that....may be w should all die and start afresh without rligion. sad

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by specimenC: 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ken4Christ:
The Bible is the most honest book I have ever seen. This seemingly contradictions have been there but those who brought the different books together didn't make any alteration to the original manuscript.

Well, concerning the issue in discussion, why are there contradictions on the two verses on who incited David to number Isreal?

One mistake or wrong perception we have all about the Bible is that every single statement is inspired by God or everything written in the Bible was instructed by God. This is far from the truth. The Bible rightly contains inspired words of God but not all contents are directly inspired by God.

In the Bible, men also spoke, angels spoke, the devil also spoke, the serpent spoke. Even a donkey spoke and all where recorded in the Bible.

You have to read within context to know who is speaking at any point in time. That is why in the writings of Apostle Paul, there was an occasion he said, I and not the Lord is giving the very instruction he just mentioned.

Now, the account of the books of Samuel and Chronicles are mainly historical. Sometimes, the narrator perception of the event comes into play. Both narrators had different perception on who incited David to number Isreal. It was not God who gave them the ideas of what was behind David's action. It is only the Prophets of God that knew the mind of God and can speak for God.

David probably wasn't even incited by neither God or Satan. He probably decided to number Isreal because he lost his faith in God at that moment. He thought victory is in numbers. He knew better than that. God is not restrained by numbers. He once used one man, Samson to fight a thousand army.

So, the account of both books contains the perception of the narrator and does not in any way reduce the fact that the Bible is still the only book on earth that contains the inspired word of God. I hope this answers the question?

Going by your assertion, can we say that the bible isnt worthy to be called the word of God? Are you saying the bible is a story book with make up? Or its just overrated?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
specimenC:

Going by your assertion, can we say that the bible isnt worthy to be called the word of God? Are you saying the bible is a story book with make up? Or its just overrated?
1000 likes for u, exactly my thoughts, although
ken4christ is more sincere and I must accept that it's the most honest response so far....They will all say that bible is perfect, so we can come to the conclusion that the bible is not perfect. If is not perfect, then how can we trust the other stories of the bible to be true? that's exactly what the people (atheist) you over religiously blinded wisest and holiest call fools jst because they made use of their brains to think.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pls read
2nd Kings 24:8 declares, “Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began to reign,” while

2 Chronicles 36:9 says, “Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign.

Same bible, same story, contradicting accounts...kindly explain

Muafrika2 winner01 geoworldedu KingEbukasBlog ken4christ Joagbaje medicis malvisguy212
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by sweetcocoa(f): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
The bible, as can be seen from the endless contradictions and lies in it, was written by people who were high, so these things are bound to happen, no biggie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:
Pls read
2nd Kings 24:8 declares, “Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began to reign,” while

Muafrika2 winner01 geoworldedu KingEbukasBlog ken4christ Joagbaje medicis malvisguy212

Very small deal. Probably caused by the atheists who have been publishing and distributing the bible since the dark ages.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Muafrika2:

Very small deal. Probably caused by the atheists who have been publishing and distributing the bible since the dark ages.

what if i say to u, u are on your way to becoming an atheist...quote me, it cud be months or even years, jst remember to come back and quote me...
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by ettaetta(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
The parallel account of the incident surrounding the census reveals it was Satan who incited David to take the census: “Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel” ( 1 Chronicles 21:1). However, the wording of 2 Samuel 24:1says that it was God who “moved David” to take the census. This discrepancy can be explained by the understanding that sometimes God sovereignly permits Satan to act in order to achieve His purposes
God allowed Satan to incite David God's authority extends even over Satan. God can use Satan to accomplish His ultimate will by simply giving permission to Satan to do that which Satan already desires to do.
Furthermore, we see in Job that God allowed Satan to test Job
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
ettaetta:
The parallel account of the incident surrounding the census reveals it was Satan who incited David to take the census: “Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel” ( 1 Chronicles 21:1). However, the wording of 2 Samuel 24:1says that it was God who “moved David” to take the census. This discrepancy can be explained by the understanding that sometimes God sovereignly permits Satan to act in order to achieve His purposes
God allowed Satan to incite David God's authority extends even over Satan. God can use Satan to accomplish His ultimate will by simply giving permission to Satan to do that which Satan already desires to do.
Furthermore, we see in Job that God allowed Satan to test Job

Thank you for the breakdown, kindly assist explain this too;

Same bible, same story, contradicting accounts...
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:
Pls read

how many times will you people ask this same question ? Jehoachin's father became an unofficial co ruler with Jehoachin to train him, after the death of his father when he was 18, Jehoachin became officially, the king.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
malvisguy212:
how many times will you people ask this same question ? Jehoachin's father became an unofficial co ruler with Jehoachin to train him, after the death of his father when he was 18, Jehoachin became officially, the king.
any bible proof to back it up?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
Just like someone commented earlier, I just must agree with this quote in conclusion

A religious person is one who will see black but call it white and will try every possible means to prove it is white....

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by ettaetta(m): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

Thank you for the breakdown, kindly assist explain this too;

Same bible, same story, contradicting accounts...
One of the common explanations is that Jehoiachin was 8-years old when he began to reign as a co-regent king with his father, and that he was 18-years old when he reigned alone as king..

During ancient times, there were occasions when a king would allow his young son to become a co-regent, meaning that the son would also be king while his father continued to be king, so that the young son could learn how to govern from his father
Jehoiachin’s age in 2 Chronicles records Jehoiachin’s age when he was appointed co-regent with his father, and 2 Kings records Jehoiachin’s age when, after his father’s death, he became king in his own right. Other kings also used co-regents. David appointed Solomon king while David was still alive ( 1 Kings 1:33-40)
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
youngaz:
Wen Matthew,Mark,Luke and John were asked dat ao many pple visited Jesus grave wen he ressurrected dey all gave different numba of pple.....wat i dnt undastand is it not holy spirit dat inspired John also inspired Matthew,why are dey aving different "views" on some issues in d Bible

When they write the same thing in there gospels, u will still shout "they copied from each other". If you and me observe a particular incident and record it individually, will we write the same thing? Even the national dailies do not always carry identical record on one incident.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
ettaetta:

One of the common explanations is that Jehoiachin was 8-years old when he began to reign as a co-regent king with his father, and that he was 18-years old when he reigned alone as king..

During ancient times, there were occasions when a king would allow his young son to become a co-regent, meaning that the son would also be king while his father continued to be king, so that the young son could learn how to govern from his father
Jehoiachin’s age in 2 Chronicles records Jehoiachin’s age when he was appointed co-regent with his father, and 2 Kings records Jehoiachin’s age when, after his father’s death, he became king in his own right. Other kings also used co-regents. David appointed Solomon king while David was still alive ( 1 Kings 1:33-40)
wow! so cool bt I'll appreciate a bible verse that back up this explanation..
thks

Pls assist with this one too;
2nd samuel 24 vs 13: Gad said to David, shall seven years of famine come to your land......

1st Chronicles 21 vs 11,12 : Gad said to David, choose either three years of famine....

same story, same bible, two contradicting accounts...One said 3 years, the other said 7 years.

winner01 KingEbukasBlog Muafrika2 Joagbaje malvisguy212
medicis ken4christ
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

what if i say to u, u are on your way to becoming an atheist...quote me, it cud be months or even years, jst remember to come back and quote me...
Don't hold your breath.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

any bible proof to back it up?
there is something you have to apply common sense, can a eight years old boy rule ?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2016
malvisguy212:
there is something you have to apply common sense, can a eight years old boy rule ?
na me talk am, no be bible...perhaps u are referring to the editor of the bible
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2016
Please someone should help with this now
realmindz:

wow! so cool bt I'll appreciate a bible verse that back up this explanation..
thks

Pls assist with this one too;
2nd samuel 24 vs 13: Gad said to David, shall seven years of famine come to your land......

1st Chronicles 21 vs 11,12 : Gad said to David, choose either three years of famine....

same story, same bible, two contradicting accounts...One said 3 years, the other said 7 years.

winner01 KingEbukasBlog Muafrika2 Joagbaje malvisguy212
medicis ken4christ

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

na me talk am, no be bible...perhaps u are referring to the editor of the bible
read my post again. He was made unofficial co-ruler with His father at the age 8, when he was 18, his father died, and he was officially made king.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2016
malvisguy212:
read my post again. He was made unofficial co-ruler with His father at the age 8, when he was 18, his father died, and he was officially made king.
can u state the bible verse that stated this?
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

can u state the bible verse that stated this?
let me give you an example in the bible.

In 2 Kings 11:21; and 2 Chron.24:1,Joash was 7 years old when he began to reign, but
he was under the tutelage and control of the
high priest Jehoiada, who thus was the real ruler for a time
. In similar fashion, the book of chronicle indicate that his father allow jehochin to participate in ruling israel to train him as a ruler. If you still insist on this issue, goodluck to you.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
malvisguy212:
let me give you an example in the bible.

In 2 Kings 11:21; and 2 Chron.24:1,Joash was 7 years old when he began to reign, but
he was under the tutelage and control of the
high priest Jehoiada, who thus was the real ruler for a time
. In similar fashion, the book of chronicle indicate that his father allow jehochin to participate in ruling israel to train him as a ruler. If you still insist on this issue, goodluck to you.
to be very honest with you, u r dishonest to yoursef...u jst came up with some kind of explanation from ur head, this is why we have several hundreds of doctrines from jst one bible bcus everyone is busy making assumptions and fallacious conclusions...Science will always make sense as science speaks and comes to a general conclusion.
No wonder science will always bring development and innovations to humanity while religion will be busy causing confusions and divisions to mankind.

otemdomino I dedicate this thread to u, cus u were the first to start it but went to nairaland jail because the topic was too harsh..rather too harsh but same message
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by otemdomino: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

to be very honest with you, u r dishonest to yoursef...u jst came up with some kind of explanation from ur head, this is why we have several hundreds of doctrines from jst one bible bcus everyone is busy making assumptions and fallacious conclusions...Science will always make sense as science speaks and comes to a general conclusion.
No wonder science will always bring development and innovations to humanity while religion will be busy causing confusions and divisions to mankind.

otemdomino I dedicate this thread to u, cus u were the first to start it but went to nairaland jail because the topic was too harsh..rather too harsh but same message

Lol... This is my third moniker... Otemanuduno and Otem4eartum are still in NL jail. Otem4eartum will be back tomorrow cheesy
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by tosinjay(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ooh ye Christians would you all now stop using other perversed versions of the bible and know that they've been translated to suit the new world order and atheists' view.

It's very clear that this version the op shared here is one of those Antichrist versions. Only King James versions is good.

As viewed from KJV, the first case God got angry with Israel, and "he" moved David to go about numbering Israel.
Note "he", the bible do not refer to God using the first letter as lower case. That only made it known there's more to the outcome.

The second case, satan is said to have risen against Israel and provoked David who would have given in to foul spirit to manipulate his thoughts towards pride and evil against God's will. The hidden "he" from first account is then made available for understanding in the second account.
This is the clear case which without reading in context one wouldn't comprehend.

By the way, people this ain't joke, the op used a version that best twists the verses to sooth their views and confuse others. Battle against goods comes from all unthinkable angles. Peace

Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2016
tosinjay:
Ooh ye Christians would you all now stop using other perversed versions of the bible and know that they've been translated to suit the new world order and atheists' view.

It's very clear that this version the op shared here is one of those Antichrist versions. Only King James versions is good.

As viewed from KJV, the first case God got angry with Israel, and "he" moved David to go about numbering Israel.
Note "he", the bible do not refer to God using the first letter as lower case. That only made it known there's more to the outcome.

The second case, satan is said to have risen against Israel and provoked David who would have given in to foul spirit to manipulate his thoughts towards pride and evil against God's will. The hidden "he" from first account is then made available for understanding in the second account.
This is the clear case which without reading in context one wouldn't comprehend.

By the way, people this ain't joke, the op used a version that best twists the verses to sooth their views and confuse others. Battle against goods comes from all unthinkable angles. Peace
what are u saying, go straight to the point. Always make yourself very clear and understandable wen u are on a public forum
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 7:37am On Jun 17, 2016
realmindz:

you ask for bible proof, isn't it ? And I gave you a passage were my explanation is VERY much the same, and you accuse me of twisting ? Thank you for your time. You only want argument.
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by realmindz: 8:32am On Jun 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
you ask for bible proof, isn't it ? And I gave you a passage were my explanation is VERY much the same, and you accuse me of twisting ? Thank you for your time. You only want argument.
re-read my comment and ask if it doesn't make sense to u...re-read the previous comments and u'll see people like ursef making several assumptions and conclusions, then it wud make sense to u why we ve several hundreds of doctrines all from one bible. No one is trying to discredit u, jst trying to reason out things objectively without sentiments....
Religious folks ve always created this impression of their religious books being the best and without possiblites of errors, the delusion that such books were compiled by super-humans highly inspired from above and never plausible to mistakes.
All these verses are obvious errors from the editor but yet you wisest holiest God loved and God loving faithful religious folks will do anything to defend the very obvious...
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by urahara(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2016
Adeoba10:
Na today bible dey contradict..... oga use tipex n change dat Satan to lord. #gboju

Lol
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2016
realmindz:

re-read my comment and ask if it doesn't make sense to u...re-read the previous comments and u'll see people like ursef making several assumptions and conclusions, then it wud make sense to u why we ve several hundreds of doctrines all from one bible. No one is trying to discredit u, jst trying to reason out things objectively without sentiments....
Religious folks ve always created this impression of their religious books being the best and without possiblites of errors, the delusion that such books were compiled by super-humans highly inspired from above and never plausible to mistakes.
All these verses are obvious errors from the editor but yet you wisest holiest God loved and God loving faithful religious folks will do anything to defend the very obvious...
read 2 Kings 11:21; and 2 Chron.24:1
Re: Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? by urahara(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2016
realmindz:
2nd Samuel 24: Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census.....

1st Chronicles 21 : Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel...

Two accounts of the same story in the same bible, but one account said it was the Lord and another said it was Satan ....................................................................................

Please is the bible contradicting itself or was it a mistake from the writer? someone said Jehovah was satan...lol don't want to believe that.....

bible scholars, pls help
Muafrika2 KingEbukasBlog winner01 Joagbaje

Also. How many years of famine .

A. Seven years 2 sam

B. Three years 1 chron

Buy bull. Scholars

Food yhav ready

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His daughters share Christmas photoshoot. (photo) / How Would God Judge Those That Died Without Ever Hearing About Jesus Christ? / Pics: Look At How Isis Has Turn To Killing Innocent Christian's Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.