Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (41109 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Despise My Fiance' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by jakiedudu(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
oodua1stson:
Did anybody notice one similar thing about those slating op?

Yes, they are all ladies/women.

Sincerely women in some areas have it easy in life so it blinds them to the reality of their surroundings

What makes y'all think op is lazy? You think it's easy out there?

How many people who have gone out to hustle have made it? Most live from hand to mouth.

And to you op, if you have completed your service you can get something doing, even if it's beneath you. The pride you get from making your own money(no matter how little) is enough

And once you start leaving home in the morning and returning in the evening/night while you make yourself scarce at home you'll gain some respect from your parents

Like I said earlier, just do anything to make yourself busy

Thanks

And to nairaland ladies slating him, I pray and hope you don't experience real hardship or dilemma. It's easy for you all to ask him to learn a skill with empty pocket. because you learned a skill after leaving school while your boyfriend drops money on your pockets you think it's that easy for others?
Well said.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by frob0genius(f): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:
I am so sorry to say this but it is actually the truth.
Ever since I graduated last year my mum has made my life a living hell.
I ve tried severally to get used to her bad attitude but all to no avail.
She complains on every thing I do. Right now I don't have up to #1000 in cash & in bank. I think they hate me & I
I hate my mum the most!!! I just feel like leaving the house for them.

Lazy a$$... You're mates are hustling in the streets day and night just to feed themselves. So because your mama didn't give you money to buy this and that you hate her right? Guess you were probably waiting for your parents to hustle job for you abi. Grown a$$ can't even think for himself. To think that you're even jealous of your younger sibling. Gosh you're so dumb in fact dumb is an understatement. It's not your fault, your mama shoulda come right out and tell you to get the f outta the house and go find yourself a job. Spoiled br@t

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by jayzblack(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dude u lamented so chidishly.
So even the current situation of this country has nt gotten to ur side..Nawa4U.

Nwokem enter market even if na barrow u see begin push, no condition is parmanent. Never u be a liability to anyone to avoid insults....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by smsdigito: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:
She complains on every thing I do. In fact once she wakes up from sleep she must look for something to complain with.

Since I graduated, I automatically stopped receiving cash from them & they (she & my dad) doesn't even care whether I have money to recharge my phone. Since last year they haven't given me ordinary #1000 & once I complain they will say 'no money' but my mum especially keeps buying unnecessary things. No money but she'll buy new shoes, clothes, bags, cell phone etc which she won't even put on.

Last week, our last born of de family came back from school & she took him out for shopping & she spent not less than #50,000 on him. Everything she does now is on the boy. My mum can even wash the plates on behalf of him. Everything he does is right. She protects the boy like an egg.

When an old friend wanted me to come over to PH so that I'd be managing his business before I go for service, my mum refused, saying that the days are bad via money ritualism. All my elder siblings called me to talk sense into me that I should just stay back, I missed that big opportunity because I'd ve been having like hundreds of thousands in my bank account.

My parents doesn't care about my welfare. Right now I don't have up to #1000 in cash & in bank. I think they hate me & I
How old are you? sorry. i know why am asking. They gave you education upto uni level and after graduation u still expect them to recharge ur fone. Are you not eating in that house and enjoy all other basic benefits? Look, i think they spoilt you just the way they are pampering your last born right now.After graduation too he will be complaining.
Oboi, stand to your feet go look for even a 10k job and manage while you wait for service. Be firm enough to get any small job, go and gather little experience while working. Try to learn something and do something with your hands. If they refused you working in PH its because they are also protecting due to the love they have for you.
Learn something, learn something, learn something is my answer. Alternative get any little job and manage. stop complaining little one spoilt kid
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Elcemento(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
sisisioge:
Are you serious sweetheart? They put you through school and are feeding/housing you now. Pls do not fail to launch...they have invested a lot on you biko. May God provide you with a good job o madam(sorry o, I meant oga, u sounded like a girl...).

About the little boy, it is his turn now.
Madam, well done oo. So this is you permanent abode now. Better bring yourself home now and come serve my eba and egusi soup angry angry

grin grin you know how we roll na wink wink. But you get bad mouth sha, you gat no chill for the guy at all.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by assana: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
hummmm my dear holy wizard abi na witch ur own beta u see person train u thru sch u no se ope, if I had d opportunity u had I will tenk God for my parents, but I tenk God for where he has kept me na make I dey do my bit for my mama remain, wizard go and get a life and ask for God's mercy.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by LaExpert: 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
iPrevail:
Some people are just dumb, maybe for the fun of it.. Y'all calling him lazy and ineffectual didn't read where he said he wanted to go off to PH and start a job?

To you Op, you'll accomplish nothing through hate.. pata pata Na you e go kill.
Just chill okay? look for other jobs around your area or nearest locality. learn a skill or som'in.

However, follow your guts if you must! If you have a reliable friend you can crash with while trying to get a job.. cool, do it.

No look anybody face o.. This life na only you waka come.

Like seriously, I doubt the comprehension ability of many.

The op complained of two things.
1. Unequal treatment of his siblings by his parents.
2. Blocking his hustle.

Most people did not see the second

if she can't help him then she shouldn't block him.

if she's trying to protect her son from rituals, then she should help him with funds to start up something for himself. it is clear that the funds are there.

Op, consider other options and present them to your parents them to approve so u can be independent, if they don't approve any, request for their suggestion and select the one you're okay with. if they don't have suggestions, you may have to demand for allowances till you get to have something they are cool with. in the worst case scenario, you should impose your decisions on them but be ready to bear the consequences. you have the right, you're an adult

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by ganiyu26(m): 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wise up bro... They have done enough for u it time to grow up!
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by LaExpert: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheArchangel:
You sound so entitled to your mum's pocket. So she can't treat herself to good things because she has an ineffectual Buffon as a son.?

Get off

Yes, he has a right to his mums pockets until his mum stops blocking his way in the name of 'protection.'

4 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by SUMCIOUZ(m): 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP DONT MIND THE LADIES SAYING SHIIT HERE, NA YANSH 75% OV EM DEY USE SUSTAIN. My nigga juzz dey comot house very early nd return late.
Your mother will be more concerned about your security and life than money or whatevr

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by achicares(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Amicable24:

Hating them, especially mum, won't do you any good.. They have been there for you and still house you.
Some of their actions may upset you but have you ever asked them why the attitude towards you?
Even if they fail to give you a good reason, I don't advice you hate them, she is your mum and they are your parents for crying out loud..
Just put yourself together, pray God to take away the hatred you have for them, especially for you mum..
Pray for your mum too and ask God to restore HIS Love between you two and among every member of your family..
Hating will definitely do you no good.. I'm talking from experience..

This is the type of post the op needs. Not those who are rather judging him of depending on his parents.
They didn't read where he said, he was offered a job, but his mother stopped him from taking it. that automatically gives him no choice but to depend on his mother to provide for him.
Op, follow the advice of this person I quoted.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by jakiedudu(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
LaExpert:

Like seriously, I doubt the comprehension ability of many.

The op complained of two things.
1. Unequal treatment of his siblings by his parents.
2. Blocking his hustle.

Most people did not see the second

if she can't help him then she shouldn't block him.

if she's trying to protect her son from rituals, then she should help him with funds to start up something for himself. it is clear that the funds are there.

Op, consider other options and present them to your parents them to approve so u can be independent, if they don't approve any, request for their suggestion and select the one you're okay with. if they don't have suggestions, you may have to demand for allowances till you get to have something they are cool with. in the worst case scenario, you should impose your decisions on them but be ready to bear the consequences. you have the right, you're an adult
Reading through comments of those insulting op goes to show the type of mentality some Nigerians have on family matters. They clearly didn't even understand what the op was trying to pass across. Very pathetic.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by noegenesis(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
i understand how you feel bro. Most ppl out there don't get you ! Things are tough out there and you need parental support even after university training. Not like the their own time when "Nigeria was intact". The truth remains that no matter how much you try to explain what you are passing through right now, ppl will not understand you, they never understand "dysfunctional parents". some parents are living devil... any parent that shows preferential treatment among his or her children is creating a catastrophic atmosphere in the family... ask biblical Joseph what he passed through... . ppl say disgusting things like "go and hustle..." as if you are lazy; "hating your mom will bring curse on you..." as if they are God etc. My advice for you is to remain focused, have a plan and work on achieving it. don't allow her hatred for you or your hatred for her to distract you. once you start accomplishing your goals, she will come back singing glory to your name. some women are like that, so myopic. Have nice times outside your home, try n be happy all the time, apply for jobs online and offline, talk to any living soul you see about job, don't be too choosy about jobs, start something, no matter how small it is. Most importantly, if you see anything your mom will benefit from, do it . Finally, if you can leave that house then don't hesitate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Davecafary(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP, am not gonna be hard but come to think of it...why would your mum stop showing you all the tender loving care after graduation, lavish money on herself and even your sibling. That's an indirect message to you to start taking responsibilities. Yes, she stopped you from travelling to PH because she still loves you and probably she feels you are not matured enough for such journey and to think about the situation in the country(ritual killings for money). She want you to become a man of your own. And I feel you are a bit one-sided in this issue you just related. You've been too pampered and your parents had just realized the risk if they continue the trend of giving you money even after graduating with you. And that what brought about the sudden change in her attitude towards to you. So OP go look for a job or learn a skill. Better still, swallow your pride and seek their audience and let them advise you, either to learn a skill or to get a job. And you ever say you hate your mum.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by whalexyy(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP am in support of you cause I can relate well with that feeling, and to all those people saying he is lazy(na there u dey), saying he shld go hustle am so sure they never do any paid job for their lives(mofos) but still op tread carefully, I know the psychological torment you might be going through so take ur life's bull by the horn and venture out, take well calculated risks and since they are not giving you any money then they should understand if u want to go out or travel to get something going for yourself like DAT ur friend's business u said earlier, so u are a man now, start living as one but don't go ritual or illegal. It is well with you
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by LaurelP(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
I don't know why some people are so immature. This guy is confused yet people are abusing him, will it solve his problems?
Truth is that some parents can be difficult especially when they're seeing you everyday. A graduate waiting for service isn't such a bad idea for parents to begin to push him out like that. What if he fails to secure a job after 1 or 2 years, will they disown him?
The economy isn't smiling, there are no jobs. What he needs is their support and constant advice.
Op, pls don't hate on your parents.
I'd advice you try and leave the house, not angrily but just tell them you're moving out. Their are some environment that kills a young man's motivation and creative spirit.
Don't know about others but I thrive best in a loving and supportive environment.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by SUMCIOUZ(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
undecided oya kill ursef

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by livinbygrace: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
B
Holywizard:
She complains on every thing I do. In fact once she wakes up from sleep she must look for something to complain with.

Since I graduated, I automatically stopped receiving cash from them & they (she & my dad) doesn't even care whether I have money to recharge my phone. Since last year they haven't given me ordinary #1000 & once I complain they will say 'no money' but my mum especially keeps buying unnecessary things. No money but she'll buy new shoes, clothes, bags, cell phone etc which she won't even put on.

Last week, our last born of de family came back from school & she took him out for shopping & she spent not less than #50,000 on him. Everything she does now is on the boy. My mum can even wash the plates on behalf of him. Everything he does is right. She protects the boy like an egg.

When an old friend wanted me to come over to PH so that I'd be managing his business before I go for service, my mum refused, saying that the days are bad via money ritualism. All my elder siblings called me to talk sense into me that I should just stay back, I missed that big opportunity because I'd ve been having like hundreds of thousands in my bank account.

My parents doesn't care about my welfare. Right now I don't have up to #1000 in cash & in bank. I think they hate me & I

He be like say u don dey crase abi?U get opportunity to have a good parent that sent you to school and you re there complaining of one useless pocket money?if I had had such opportunity I would have gone far in life.Your problem is that you don't know what you have until you loose it.Your eye go soon clear!!
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Phi001(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:

Didn't y'all idiots slighting the OP see the bolded?! And it's them girls that are talking crap. It's quite evident most of them are illiterates!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Engrobiorah(m): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Guy take your parents and go for DNA undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by shehuolayinka(m): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
But why do we have many babies online nowadays.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pyno30:
You must be out of your senses for have thought of hating your Mum,

do you even know the Value of Mother

read his story and try to digest it . He just needs encouragement not resentment pending when he finds his feet.besides a mothers love should be unconditional in as much as we love associating with success.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Holywizard: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
shitshappen:
Some of us are late bloomers, Pele. It I really difficult to launch at this current state of the economy. And it's entirely wrong of his family to abandon him just because they saw him through school.
I get his sense of entitlement though, but he's not made until he's made.

5k for you from me. Claim it if u want it.
Thanks, i'll appreciate
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by huntax(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Have you ever thought for one second, that maybe, just maybe you have been a disappointment?

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by slapacha: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
oweniwe:

Don't mind them.

As if they all got jobs right away after graduating... We dont even know if the o.p is awaiting NYSC

Holywizard:
By God's grace i'd be serving by November

Lobatan.. now you slay those slating u with your status.. bet wait o! I should blame u for being a Jealous yarning dust. embarassed
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Amicable24: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Djpassion1010:
. I wish I have the opportunity to go to school like u hv gone!
Thank you
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Amicable24: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
achicares:

This is the type of post the op needs. Not those who are rather judging him of depending on his parents.
They didn't read where he said, he was offered a job, but his mother stopped him from taking it. that automatically gives no but to depend on his mother to provide for him.
Op, follow the advice of this person I quoted.
Thanks for recommending
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by okooloyun1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Holywizard:
By God's grace i'd be serving by November
Thank God that you're yet to go to service, you now understand better what await you at home after service so while in service start applying for jobs, learn skills try to save no matter how little it is. Don't mind all those bashing you not everybody have people to look after them when the going is tough and rough, all the best bro
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by SUMCIOUZ(m): 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Because some of you guys are from rich homes u feel u can come here and advice or tell us what is right or wrong. Op leave the the dont understand.
Iv worked as a laborer because of this issue with my mother, she returned from work nd saw me carrying 9 inches brick on my head, It was written all over her face that she was not happy. Op tell Anyone u know your mum respects a lot. im very sure ur gonna see a positive result.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by Adeyeancah(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
iPrevail:
Some people are just dumb, maybe for the fun of it.. Y'all calling him lazy and ineffectual didn't read where he said he wanted to go off to PH and start a job?

To you Op, you'll accomplish nothing through hate.. pata pata Na you e go kill.
Just chill okay? look for other jobs around your area or nearest locality. learn a skill or som'in.

However, follow your guts if you must! If you have a reliable friend you can crash with while trying to get a job.. cool, do it.

No look anybody face o.. This life na only you waka come.
Exactly the kinda post am looking out for...Those calling him lazy thinks he's happy staying at home...
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by CioAngels(f): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
My dear, please don't hate your parents, they have always been there for you. May His grace be on you. For now, get a minial job for sustance, in a short while God will smile at you with a good job of your heart desire. Please don't move out of your parent house until you get a job that you can afford to pay for a room and feed yourself. Don't go squatting becos your friend could cook up a story when you are no longer welcomed and get you locked out at night. Dady and mmy, kindly still see him as a child until job is secured. If you ask you me pa and ma, i would say, you are being too hard on him and you should not push him to steal so that you will not regret your actions.
Re: I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! by gustav25: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hahahhahah...is this not Holywizard d owerri boy that brags everywhere that he wants to Bleep every girl in Nigeria ? The notorious ashawo fuckery industry ...MR FUCKER d okpontu ....after wasting all your energy on ashawo you now expect your mom to replenish it ? Sorry dullard life works not in such a manner ....its simply the law of retributive justice ....all the ashawos you forked are now forking you in their own ways (lol...destiny..lol) shebi money to fork ashawo don cease to show now abi ?olodo

And if you guys think am speaking with my left tongue ,go throw his posts ...agbaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / Anambra Police Arrest 6 For Accusing Woman Of Killing Husband With Overdose Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.