Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker (8312 Views)

Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation / There's Enough Energy In A Glass Of Water To Power Lagos For A Year! / Circuit Diagram Of A Pure Sine Wave Inverter Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by babaegun(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
Please good guys in the house, I need your assistance.

There is this small christmas light alarm box that comes with the christmas light which i connected to NEPA light  (ON/OFF switch) to alert me whenever NEPA brings light and am on Generator.  When NEPA takes light, I switched the alarm ON and then put on the Generator. When NEPA restores light, the alarm comes on with the Christmas song and I know (in fact my kids knows) NEPA light has been restored. I then switch the alarm to OFF to stop the sound.   

So presently, the Christmas alarm box is faulty.  Its no longer works(I actually bought 3 and they have all gone bad). I know it is achievable electronically.

What I have in mind is a circuit diagram (very simple one) that can just make sound (any sound) with a small transistor radio speaker and few electronic devices.   Please guys, help me.
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by badesco(m): 1:36am On Aug 29, 2009
Are u contemplatiog of repairinp dis device by yourcelf? If so, Are u technically sound or a techician? If yes. Ur problem is half solued. So relax a solution wil come sooner dan u thought. Gond luck to u.
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by babaegun(m): 5:57am On Aug 29, 2009
@badesco
Thanks for your quick response. Really, I don't intend to repair the alarm because it will just be a waste of time. I can see that the system is not rugged enough that is why it breaks down often.

What I want is somebody to help me with a circuit diagram that can achieve something close to the christmas alarm. Something that can power a small speaker to make a sound.

I am electronic person but I am too rusty. Rusty in the sense that I can not design anything now but I can put things together and solder.

This Nepa alarm system is better than the electric bulb that this electricians install in our homes because if you are not close to where it is installed, you won't be able to know NEPA has restored light but for the alarm, it is instant. Everyone who uses it will appreciate it.
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
grin
OP, are you still interested in this?
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by bravoalpha(m): 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
I am interested
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
bravoalpha:
I am interested
cool If you are tech. savvy, you can check this thread for a warning circuit that uses a siren and a timer: https://www.nairaland.com/1988764/electronics-circuit-design-concept-implementation/3
Or get a ready made product like the one in the pic below. These ones goes for #4k each. It has both visual and audible indicators.

1 Like

Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by Holluwatomesin(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
Please how do I get the ready made you posted?
I need it urgently.
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
let me draw 1 for you
Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
babaegun:
Please good guys in the house, I need your assistance.

There is this small christmas light alarm box that comes with the christmas light which i connected to NEPA light  (ON/OFF switch) to alert me whenever NEPA brings light and am on Generator.  When NEPA takes light, I switched the alarm ON and then put on the Generator. When NEPA restores light, the alarm comes on with the Christmas song and I know (in fact my kids knows) NEPA light has been restored. I then switch the alarm to OFF to stop the sound.   

So presently, the Christmas alarm box is faulty.  Its no longer works(I actually bought 3 and they have all gone bad). I know it is achievable electronically.

What I have in mind is a circuit diagram (very simple one) that can just make sound (any sound) with a small transistor radio speaker and few electronic devices.   Please guys, help me.

its going to be like that, RC timing.
the buzzer will be triggered for few seconds when power is restored, value of resistor and capacitor determines the time.

the lamp in the cct will be replaced by a 5v buzzer.

need more explanation?

Re: Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker by ojeysky(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2018

cool If you are tech. savvy, you can check this thread for a warning circuit that uses a siren and a timer: https://www.nairaland.com/1988764/electronics-circuit-design-concept-implementation/3
Or get a ready made product like the one in the pic below. These ones goes for #4k each. It has both visual and audible indicators.

I need this stuff, how can I get one? If it's not available does anyone know where I can get a notifier like this?

Regards

(1) (Reply)

How To Block Your Bank Account In Case Of Emergency / Brain Treats Rejection Like Physical Pain - Research / Dead Marmaid Body Explained (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.