Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office (24198 Views)

Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 / Petrol Price Hike, Buhari’s 1st Year Anniversary Gift To Nigerians - Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by justy15: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2016
EBONYI is the least nevertheless, the Governor is doing wonderfully well. I imagine what he could have done if he receives what Lagos received monthly. God bless EBONYI
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by memory123(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2016
well done my dear state Akwa ibom.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by vickylala239: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2016
cyril700:
Akwa ibom is 2nd on the list but the government couldn't finish up a mere secretariat, they abandoned it and left

Wonders shall NEVA end.....you saw d Secretariat Bt u went n snap yet to be completed parking space.....

Nigerians with lies....

What do u tke Ppl for...Dat they can't see d completed building shear in d pic....

U culd Nt Evn pass through the gate of d Secretariat, rather u snap parking space as d Secretariat
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Marcelinho(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

Take time to read the report again and see the parameters used in sharing the money.

Again, we must re-orientate ourselves to the fact that there is much more to Nigeria than the oyel.

The importance of what the North contributes to our survival as a nation cannot be over-emphasized. Just by experiencing tomato ebola in the north in just one season, the whole of Nigeria has been suffering to get tomatoes at cheap/reasonable price. Can we imagine what will happen if all the farm produce that comes from there stop coming to the south? We will import? With which money and at what cost?

The earlier we realized that each region has its own relevance, the better for us as a nation to move forward.

what is he saying please
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by adeniyibolanle(m): 9:20am On Jun 13, 2016
VERDA:

While I agree with most of your submitions,ranging from how every region is important and how we all need each other,I disagree with you on the issue of oil not being of any use,its a really short sited way to look at it,there is a huge difference between the money being available and it being embezled,whether you choose to believe it or not,if oil dries up tomorrow,Nigeria as you know will gring to a halt,that is how important oil is to the nation at the moment,there is no doubt agriculture which the north is known for contributes hugely to the nations GDP but the truth remains that the revenues from the sale of these produce don't go to the federation account but private citizens unlike proceeds from oil which make up most of the governments revenue.
well you are right, Am not saying oil is not important in Nigeria GDP and you can see in my post where I stated that even the federal allocations distributed to the 36 state, some state can give a good record on how the allocations are been utilized and of cos it most from Oil revenue. Everything still ball down to bad leadership in n this country. Which day I read on nairaland that Gov Aregbeshola of Osun state name was published by the USA news magazine about being one of the richest politician. Now imagine if they give Osun state all the federal allocation, what give us the assurance that the state workers would not still complained of no salary? So my point is that even if food is highly available and very affordable, Nigerians will not really complained about hardship. A country highly blessed with crude oil depot and still pays 18k as minimum way?? It so pathetic and still yet the food in the country is very expensive. bro 18k will not last a week. Is better you get 18 and you can use 10k to feed well in a month that is well agriculture is very important too
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Laid2001: 9:20am On Jun 13, 2016
How come Gombe and Ebonyi are able to pay salaries while, Others that got more like Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Bayelsa are unable to pay their employee.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Marcelinho(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2016
vickylala239:

Wonders shall NEVA end.....you saw d Secretariat Bt u went n snap yet to be completed parking space.....

Nigerians with lies....

What do u tke Ppl for...Dat they can't see d completed building shear in d pic....

U culd Nt Evn pass through the gate of d Secretariat, rather u snap parking space as d Secretariat
is it not God that will bless you for seeing the truth and saying it
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by codemaniacs: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2016
VERDA:

While I agree with most of your submitions,ranging from how every region is important and how we all need each other,I disagree with you on the issue of oil not being of any use,its a really short sited way to look at it,there is a huge difference between the money being available and it being embezled,whether you choose to believe it or not,if oil dries up tomorrow,Nigeria as you know will gring to a halt,that is how important oil is to the nation at the moment,there is no doubt agriculture which the north is known for contributes hugely to the nations GDP but the truth remains that the revenues from the sale of these produce don't go to the federation account but private citizens unlike proceeds from oil which make up most of the governments revenue.

Stop spreading lies.

The north does not contribute anything.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Marcelinho(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2016
cyril700:
Akwa ibom is 2nd on the list but the government couldn't finish up a mere secretariat, they abandoned it and left
this is madness at it peak...you now see why it good to go to school and be educated, this is what you called uncompleted building in your villag?
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by proeast(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2016
Schematics:
Does the tomato not bought by Nigerians? is it being shared like the proceeds from oil? We are ready to pay for the tomato and onions so far as they are ready to pay for the oil.

The fact is that oil producing region has been shortchanged for a very long time.

Some of you just need deep thinking to reason like normal people.

Dont mind those retar.ds trying to justify rubbish. What on earth will make arid wasteland & unproductive states like Borno & Katsina to recieve more allocation than even some oil producing states!! These mofos keep talking about tomatoes & onions as if it is allocated to states for free, even the growers in the north should be greatful to the consumers in the South, because we can as well decide to buy from Cameroun or Burkina Faso. We must not allow this daylight robbery to continue. Chad & Niger are larger than Nigeria but Lagos island is more productive than them! yet they are using landmass as criteria!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by oganology33(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

Take time to read the report again and see the parameters used in sharing the money.

Again, we must re-orientate ourselves to the fact that there is much more to Nigeria than the oyel.

The importance of what the North contributes to our survival as a nation cannot be over-emphasized. Just by experiencing tomato ebola in the north in just one season, the whole of Nigeria has been suffering to get tomatoes at cheap/reasonable price. Can we imagine what will happen if all the farm produce that comes from there stop coming to the south? We will import? With which money and at what cost?

The earlier we realized that each region has its own relevance, the better for us as a nation to move forward.

When some ppl support NDA, it will b as if they are enemies of progress. Pls read ur comment again. Is the tomatoes and other crops produced in the North shared by all states monthly

Wat is the relevance of the North to the development of the South, East and West

Make una enjoy am while e last. There is nothing like OUR Commonwealth. The wealth is not common and it belongs 2 a certain 5%.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Leiman100(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Katsina getting more than some oil states. Why should population be considered when sharing revenue, so some people can keep in producing unproductive population at the detriments of others, if it was by population ( productive) Lagos should be getting more than 200 bill. Look at even borno getting more than viable states. This is why they kick against fiscal federalism so that they keep on sharing money like father Christmas angry
Lamentation of Jeremiah
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Joarams(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2016
Schematics:
Does the tomato not bought by Nigerians? is it being shared like the proceeds from oil? We are ready to pay for the tomato and onions so far as they are ready to pay for the oil.

The fact is that oil producing region has been shortchanged for a very long time.

I'm only responding because of your reference to deep thinking.

While I agree that tomatoes and oil are different, my deep thinking tells me that comparing them in terms of pricing is also wrong. Oil is a natural resource like water, sand and air that nobody's effort put there in the first place. The ownership tussle over oil is simply because it is scarce and not found everywhere. Plus, the extraction of it leads to serious environmental and economic hardship for people in the area. Nobody fights over ownership of air, sand or water (at least in Nigeria) because every region has a relatively sufficient quantity and so it's not a commercial resource in Nigeria or on the international markets.

On the other hand, tomatoes do not appear naturally and so you have to grow them with some effort. This is why we have to pay for tomatoes and conversely we have to pay people in oil-producing regions (derivation) for exploring the oil.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by cyril700(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2016
Marcelinho:

this is madness at it peak...you now see why it good to go to school and be educated, this is what you called uncompleted building in your villag?
who is now uneducated, did I mention uncompleted building in my post? My dear let someone help u read it b4 u comment
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by cyril700(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2016
vickylala239:

Nigerians with lies....

Vicky that place is abandoned that is a supposed car park but they left it for mosquitoes to breed. It's affecting the residents of that area
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by feldido(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2016
Dickson have killed us, 95 billion and he's owing workers over 6 months pay. Small bayelsa state.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Katsina getting more than some oil states. Why should population be considered when sharing revenue, so some people can keep in producing unproductive population and the detriments of others, if it was by population ( productive) Lagos should be getting more than 200 bill. Look at even borno getting more than viable states. This is why they kick against fiscal federalism so that they keep on sharing money like father Christmas angry

Oboy, una done start with this una insulting sentiments; how is the the population of the so called oil producing states (you inferred) anymore productive than that of Katsina state?
Are the local ppl in those states directly involved and therefore anymore responsible for the oil revenue from their states than those in Katsina state?

Oyinbo man bring im money, equipment and technology; agreed with government to pay it royalties to drill the oil; local persin no even near dey inside, na only blackmail, bunker and kidnap him sabi and to go about flexing with na our oyel mentality without actually contributing anything towards the production itself.

Abeg go park one side, no vex this early morning.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Joarams(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2016
justy15:
EBONYI is the least nevertheless, the Governor is doing wonderfully well. I imagine what he could have done if he receives what Lagos received monthly. God bless EBONYI

Good comment. But remember that part of the justification for Lagos comes from VAT. Lagos contributes about 65% to 70% of VAT to the Federation Account, which is shared by all states. However, oil has created the most controversies so you find people talking about the OIL and not the VAT.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by onyeomanono24(f): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2016
Pls OP, help me check where River state falls in (allocation) the last time i checked, river state is still one of the highest oil producing state with population more than that of bayelsa yet i cant find it on the the list of top 10.
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by vickylala239: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2016
cyril700:
Vicky that place is abandoned that is a supposed car park but they left it for mosquitoes to breed. It's affecting the residents of that area

D guy said abandon Secretariat....

And besides if it is abandon,let d residents do sanitation There....

Is the Secretariat operative yet?.....

we shuld stop lying
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by menxer: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2016
cyril700:
I know it is an annex, but dont u think it should be finished at once? The area is left flooded

Is it the annex that is flooded or the just cleared area outside its fence?
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Hugo7(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2016
is this monthly allocation different the 13 per our dear Niger delta get every month?..
I just want to know
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by masseratti: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

oga its very easy and cheap to import tomatoes from west African Countries, true federalism is the only way out, people up north are having children uncontrolled at a faster pace than the economy is growing, the North is a burden on the rest of the country #fact.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by VellyG(m): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2016
cyril700:
Udom Emmanuel is a useless gov. He hasn't done any tin tangible since he came in. Am so pissed

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Blazinraj01(f): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2016
I weep for my nation. Lots of uninformed comments from a lot of people here.
People really need to travel out more to see what goes on in other state.
'My father's farm is big; that's because you haven't seen someone else's father's farm. sad
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2016
you want to be eating the money and not work
I have seen you guys problem. when a country feeds. she needs little or no oyel

Schematics:

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2016
PassingShot:

Of what importance is SE
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by makazona(m): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2016
AntiWailer:

Does this address why salary was not paid ?

He has not been faithful with ordinary salary payment let alone venturing into/completing projects.

95b/12 =7.9bn.
The wage bill of Bayelsa is roughly 5bn.

Never knew him as a bad manager...
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by LexxieleE(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2016
ellechrystal:

Buhari if from there na.
buhari is nt from der, quit dat bro
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by comrChris(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2016
one of the reasons l hate to see people comparing states and governors, while some states receive huge amount some receive very little through useless formula that promote hatred,after some shallow minded fellows will want ebonyi state governor to perform better than akwa ibom and Lagos states governors..

seriously l have never seen a confused and partial country like nigeria
Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by bonechamberlain(m): 11:12am On Jun 13, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Oboy, una done start with this una insulting sentiments; how is the the population of the so called oil producing states (you inferred) anymore productive than that of Katsina state?
Are the local ppl in those states directly involved and therefore anymore responsible for the oil revenue from their states than those in Katsina state?

Oyinbo man bring im money, equipment and technology; agreed with government to pay it royalties to drill the oil; local persin no even near dey inside, na only blackmail, bunker and kidnap him sabi and to go about flexing with na our oyel mentality without actually contributing anything towards the production itself.

Abeg go park one side, no vex this early morning.
all this ur write up is irrelevant until fed govt starts sharing money made from tomatoes, cocoa, groundnut, yam etc.

So its only equipment and robots that are involved in drilling. People are toiling day and night to drill oil far away south to feed millions of people who know nothing but religion and child bearing.
Try park one side.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation In Buhari's 1st Year In Office by ellechrystal(f): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2016
LexxieleE:
buhari is nt from der, quit dat bro
Mr man, the president is from katsina state ok, am shocked that you dont know a thing as simple as that.
this is ludicrous.
please dont quote me next tym if ur facts aint right, n by the way, I am not a guy, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wawa-Zange Grazing Reserve: Gombe Governor, Inuwa Provides Modern Facilities / Unscrupulous People Edit Jimi Agbaje's Wikipedia Page (photos). / Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.