Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo (13845 Views)

Arrested Boko Haram Member Planned To Launch Bomb Attack In Ondo (photos) / PDP Governors Planned To Impose Agbaje As Chairman – Dokpesi / I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Mayany(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2016
Baba OBJ ABEG NOR VEX ME THIS MORNING OOOO
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by wellmax(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
For me gas is more important than gas

What are you saying...
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2016
IhaffTireOfUrLie
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Obasanjo the dreamer!A failure trying so hard to appear like he tried his best for Nigeria when he's the sole architech of our misfortune because 1999 was an opportunity to start on a clean slate after military misrule,but he rather pioneered the corruption and impunity we witnesss on daily basis.Common electricity gas can't power let alone vehicles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by danduchi(m): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2016
And you also planned to give Nigeria 10,000MW of electricity. Where is the money you and liyel Imoke ate meant for Power project. Am surprise nobody has talked about that. Obasanjo still lured Imoke to sign the agreement giving Bakassi to Cameroun and you think he did it just like that without getting oil block to himself. Selfish old man who betrayed his country. And some1 will mention richest politicians and put Amechi richer than Obasanjo. I laugh is swahili. These are just two of the few scam Obj embezzle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by amazingspiderma: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2016
Safety requirements for gas energy systems is a very sensitive issue, it is not the same as liquid fuel requirement.
Rushing to copy a technology without having the capacity to sustain it .
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by UnimkeAk(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
This was a noble idea.

And hopefully, it eventually works. But Baba, even though we sometimes pretend as if you do not exist, you somehow keep getting back into the News, and with that we cannot but remember you gave us Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Nigerians are starving now because of that your single decision.

Even in d U.S, nobody is talking abt gas propelled vehicles.
Even Mr Elon Musk, talking is nt talking abt gas engines.

Abg u are hungry, go and buy acara n bread b4 u die

Naija a tech dead country, cannot even give power wit gas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by malosky79(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2016
That is why to me come rain come shine, I STAND WITH OBJ.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Jay542(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
This was a noble idea.

And hopefully, it eventually works. But Baba, even though we sometimes pretend as if you do not exist, you somehow keep getting back into the News, and with that we cannot but remember you gave us Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Nigerians are starving now because of that your single decision.

well spoken
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by anetuno(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2016
After some of his laudable steps, he succeeded himself with two most incompetent politicians; Yaradua and Jonathan who subsequently reversed most of the good policies of his administration. Obj is the cause of the hardship Nigeria is presently going through. On his exit from power, somebody like Nuhu Ribadu or even El Rufai who were part of his team could have succeeded him if he wanted a Northerner but instead opted for an incompetent lackluster puppet and an incompetent vice who truly were not interested in power at that high level, for his own selfish interest.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by sirusX(m): 8:21am On Jun 13, 2016
amazingspiderma:
Safety requirements for gas energy systems is a very sensitive issue, it is not the same as liquid fuel requirement.
Rushing to copy a technology without having the capacity to sustain it .

That might be a serious issue for our country.
Talking about CNG being used in cars, a major drawback is the space for the tank...cz it occupies a lot. The added risk is explosion, cz any small leak could trigger a catastrophe.
As you know, drivers in 9ja no get chill. If you're lucky enough not to bash another car...na person go bash you undecided
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by nedu2000(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2016
"The route to hell is laid with good intentions".
Intentions don't matter,actions do
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by tempest01(m): 8:24am On Jun 13, 2016
Building functional refineries would have saved us the forex, not drainning money for gas project and power generation. Now we don't see the effects of all the money you spent.

You come out to give the impression you were the best president nigeria had.....i beg to differ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by kgr8mike(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2016
When is OBJ going to write his usual letter to Buhari or is OBJ not seeing the way the country is being governed? Hypocrites!!!......... Pot calling the kettle black.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by kgr8mike(m): 8:56am On Jun 13, 2016
When is OBJ going to write his usual letter to Buhari or is OBJ not seeing the way the country is being governed? Hypocrites!!!......... Pot calling the kettle black.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by stanisbaratheon: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2016
the other time it was '' i should have privatised NNPC'' now it is ''gas vehicles''. I'm tired of all the new misses government
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Sultanchidi(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2016
obailala:
It wasnt only planned, it was actually executed in edo state. Can you really blame a past leader for his successor not continuing his initiative?
and how many months did it last. Am not sure u stay in benin city, those gas stations only operated a few months
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by toprealman: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2016
Baba yr plans plenty jare. Just like u planned making your son's wife.....ur daughter in-law..."run on wheels" abi?
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by ojialo(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2016
eleko1:
GOD bless BAbA OBJ for his achievement/visionary.The shoeless one Came to steal/Loot nd destroyed undecided
do u have any prove that the shoeless came to steal? Why hasn't he been arrested? Keep. Making noise on social media
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by Ekugbeh(m): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Atleast the south East(imo and anambra) has more gas than any region,ondo also has enough gas to power the West

The gas master plan in Nigeria need to be redrawn, the sector in to be unbundled to allow investors come in and believe me if that happens a 12.5kg of gas will sale below 1500 and this will kill petrol because this will give u 40 hrs of constant electricity with the average generator
And the new master plan should be in a way that companies can build power plants and services a radius of 5km and for a 45% tax waver.. .. And the bill in such region goes to the government
But we have leaders who think inside the their a$$
liar!
Delta central has more gas than any coutry in Africa!
Or do u know of Otorogu gas plant?
Google it.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by lordkhalifa(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2016
Obj 8years in office some gullible Zombies gave to you in platter of Gold is not enough to achieve dis Is that the reason you want another 4yrs The only meaningful thing u did for us is telecommunication so go and rest joor

Abeg how much is a cup of ijebu garri
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by yohannazack(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2016
If we don't appreciate this man now that he's alive, we'll appreciate when he's nor more. If PMB we have half of OBJ's plans, we wouldn't have been in this condition we find ourselves.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by yohannazack(m): 9:52am On Jun 13, 2016
If we don't appreciate this man now that he's alive, we'll appreciate when he's nor more. If PMB will have half of OBJ's plans, we wouldn't have been in this condition we find ourselves.
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2016
Ekugbeh:
liar!
Delta central has more gas than any coutry in Africa!
Or do u know of Otorogu gas plant?
Google it.
Shebi I said region?? And I meant gas reserves not tapped ones.. . Nigeria is currently tapping less than 5% of her has reserves so bro chill
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by coolvitus(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2016
it was the witches in his village that stopped him old fool.AFRICA leaders are so useless and senseless
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by rottennaija(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Atleast the south East(imo and anambra) has more gas than any region,ondo also has enough gas to power the West

The gas master plan in Nigeria need to be redrawn, the sector in to be unbundled to allow investors come in and believe me if that happens a 12.5kg of gas will sale below 1500 and this will kill petrol because this will give u 40 hrs of constant electricity with the average generator
And the new master plan should be in a way that companies can build power plants and services a radius of 5km and for a 45% tax waver.. .. And the bill in such region goes to the government
But we have leaders who think inside the their a$$

Ideas like this is what we need. I encourage you that you forward this to your senator or governor. Ideas rules the world. Thumbs up
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by MrNicer: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Sorry to say, but na rubbish you de talk

Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by mrvitalis(m): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2016
rottennaija:

Ideas like this is what we need. I encourage you that you forward this to your senator or governor. Ideas rules the world. Thumbs up
Bro the problem is who will give u access to this people, so it better to air the idea here, hopefully someone will pick it up
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by 007Gbenga: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2016
Gerrarehere!
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2016
And u ended up chaneling the money to Ota farm, ur fucking ill gotting farm. STUPID, The most urgly yoruba fool I hv ever seen since I was born...... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by 1stdammy: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2016
oweniwe:

Are you alright?

Does Obasanjo resemble Lord Lugard, Gowon, Buhari, Babangida or Abacha?
I wonder o, abi............
Re: I Planned To Make Vehicles Run On Gas – Obasanjo by obailala(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2016
Sultanchidi:
and how many months did it last. Am not sure u stay in benin city, those gas stations only operated a few months
How long it lasted for isn't the point here, I was simply correcting an erroneous assertion that it was only 'planned.' Fact is that the initiative was actually kick-started in Edo state at least. how long it lasted for or whether it was continued or abandoned by successive governments is story for another day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Starts Construction Of Collapsed Bridge Along Gombe-Dukku-Kano Road(pics) / Nigerian Students Demand Arrest Of Kemi Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Forgery / Buhari Made Nigeria Headquarter Of Poverty - Reno Omokri Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.