Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) (1471 Views)

Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by dlox147(m): 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
WHEN THE PEN DOES NOT BRING YOU TO THE NEGOTIATION TABLE, THE GUN WILL.
- The violent most times takes it by force.

Many years ago, a little boy (my late dad) came out of this creek; he was a full Niger Deltan, and knew he had to make it, so that he can free his own people. With the help of his mother, he travelled to the UK. The Niger Deltans are brilliant people, so it was no surprise that he excelled in school (Manchester University). He became a Civil Engineer, and was immediately picked by Shell British petroleum (Shell Nigeria now). He spent more than 10 years there, working as an expatriate and was transferred back to Port-harcourt (Old Rivers state). As a civil Engineer he designed and built some of the best and stylish houses for himself then as he was wealthy.

Urged by his people to represent them in the old Rivers state house of assembly, he accepted and Offcourse he won (though he wasn't a politician). And then when Governor Melford Okilo (first governor of Rivers state) won the governorship election in 1979, late Francis Endeley was picked as the first commissioner of works and transport because these izon men knew it was time to transform their state.

In their short stay in power they established Rivers state university of science and technology, he reclaimed lands, controlled erosion and constructed housing estates like Elekahia and Agip estates and roads. He opened the first major gas power plant in Ogbia then. He was a professional, and Okilo was also a lawyer.

Then catastrophe stuck, the tyrant was successful in his coup. BUHARI (a secondary school dropout with the born to rule mentality and a GUN) came in and immediately started his havoc. My late dad and Late Okilo were locked in Kirikiri maximum prison, and slammed with more than 80 yrs in prison with HARD labour for NOTHING.

His crime was that he was a Niger Deltan and he was corrupt because in their mindset no Niger Deltan can be mega RICH (irrespective of the fact that we have the OIL). They seized all his houses and turned them into chalets where Buhari makes love to his prostitutes each time he is in town. They froze all his international accounts, and questioned him on how he opened such accounts (someone who worked for the Shell British petroleum).

LET ME CUT THE VERY LONG STORY SHORT.

Our parents then used their pens and their intelligence to try and set this region free, they tried the dialogue and peaceful methods, but yet were crushed and denied every right to emancipate their people.

Those that are dead now, will smile in their graves when they watch men and women who have said NO, TO THIS OPPRESSION, WHO HAVE BROUGHT THE GOVERNMENT TO THE ROUND TABLE IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS READY TO NEGOTIATE.

Today as a technocrat and a professional with my plenty qualifications, from overseas, ontopseas and even beneathseas. I can't get anywhere near the major oil companies, I have to get a letter of recommendation from one Musa or Sani. GOD FORBID BAD THING. And if Jonathan's cousin who is a professional and an engineer makes money from his company, Buhari and the northern government will still lock him up in the dungeon for no reason. So you see we are in a cycle; we can never grow above what they want us to be. They are our gods, but that will STOP one day.

IT'S NOW OR NEVER
- The Niger Delta avengers are a blessing in disguise. Like Ena Ofugara said, we allow them tell us our own history; things have changed now, we will tell our history and our future ourselves.

I am Oyinemi Nicholas Endeley, a son from the IZON KINGDOM and I say Niger Delta Avengers carry on. Dazzit and Dazzol 4 NOW!

#Still on Jesus is Lord.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10206118048303218&id=1623266371

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by dlox147(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
For the records, as the OP I do not support violence neither do I support the break up of Nigeria.
I was only touched by the writer story.

My support is for true federalism, that has worked for Nigeria in the past and I believe will work for Nigeria again, if our political class will have the courage to see it through.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by Tastemoney(m): 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
seems the big allocations being given to the oil producing states is a huge waste of fund.....the grass roots benefits little or nothing from it cry

NDA should be attacking their leaders not just the pipelines

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by KINGwax007(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
You guys are the most foolish set of youths in this country! You have definitely lost direction and has nonsense of reasoning.

Think abt this:

1. Amnesty

2. 13% derivative

3. NNDC

4. 10% equity for every oil producing communities from oil companies.

5. 26% allocations for the oil producing local govts.

Which state is enjoying all these benefits?

Instead of you guys to hold ur thieving leaders accountable, you're fighting the wrong cause. And worst still, these leaders flaunt their wealths right in your eyes!

You guys shld shut launch ur missiles and let out a war already!!! Most of you didn't witness the last civil war... It won't be bad if u witness it this time around.

3 Likes

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by dlox147(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Tastemoney:
seems the big allocations being given to the oil producing states is a huge waste of fund.....the grass roots benefits little or nothing from it cry

NDA should be attacking their leaders not just the pipelines
Really! If you ever visited Akwa Ibom my friend your perception will change.

I am 80% sure you are a FAN of Rotimi Ameachi, and will be quick to defend him for doing "very well" for his state abi? So you assertion above does not good water.

Meanwhile comparing the south to the north in terms of construction should be realative , as the cost of construction in the south south(Niger Delta) region is way more expensive. (Not trying to justify corruption from some of these leaders)
Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
KINGwax007:
You guys are the most foolish set of youths in this country! You have definitely lost direction and has nonsense of reasoning.

Think abt this:

1. Amnesty

2. 13% derivative

3. NNDC

Instead of you guys to hold ur thieving leaders accountable, you're fighting the wrong cause. And worst still, these leaders flaunt their wealths right in your eyes!

You guys shld shut launch ur missiles and let out a war already!!! Most of you didn't witness the last civil war... It won't be bad if u witness it this time around.

All the benefits you listed is incomparable to what they ( Niger Deltans) will derive from true federalism.
Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by dlox147(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
KINGwax007:

Think abt this:

1. Amnesty

2. 13% derivative

3. NNDC

your concerns about the Niger Delta youths, shows how complex and divers our coutry is.
And so we(including You ) should support the call for true federalism.
What I don't understand with people like you;

* what is your problem with federalism?
*why do you think it is not best for us?
*why do you want us to continue with a system that has clearly created more divide?
*Do you not believe in the ability of other states to be prosperous, under a federal system?

Your likes should wake up to the reality that, the only way forward is true federalism.

3 Likes

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by jamesibor: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
KINGwax007:

Think abt this:

1. Amnesty

2. 13% derivative

3. NNDC

And what has Nigeria done with the 87% of oil revenue it keeps?

How many times have you held your own thieving state leaders accountable?

4 Likes

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by mrnigerdelta: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
the guy who is talking about NDDC, 13% derivation etc is nothing but a very greedy hypocrite. the oil belong to us, we have to control it. we are not afraid of war.

1 Like

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
KINGwax007:

Think abt this:

1. Amnesty

2. 13% derivative

3. NNDC

No way again we forget the oil is ours
Take it or leave it this time we taking it all back.
Parasite.

long live

long live

1 Like

Re: NDA: Touching Story Of A Niger Deltan (oyinemi Nicholas Endeley) by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 14, 2016
wolfslair:

No way again we forget the oil is ours Take it or leave it this time we taking it all back. Parasite.

long live

long live
yes

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edo APC Primary: Obaseki Leading massively / A Nairalanders View On The Ban On Street Hawkers In Lagos State / Man Beaten On The Streets Of Port Harcourt(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.