Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life (14096 Views)

3 Tips To Work A Full-time Job And Be An Entrepreneur / 7 Major Ways To Save Money If You Work A Monthly Job / COUNTER THREAD; Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by seyiojomu(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2016
all this is only possible in a working environment though with fair competition.

BISolutionsng:
I remember fresh after service year, my friends and I were excited looking out for job opportunities. We just couldn't wait to dress corporately and begin to earn some big money........... so that we could go shopping. That was all we imagined. We had no career plan or professional path. Any job that could do this for us was good enough! In a couple of weeks, one of us got a marketing job and the pay was good. She could now dress corporately and of course she got a cute red car in addition. Boy, were we jealous! Sometime after she started work, I asked her if she was enjoying her job, and she said to me, "I don't enjoy the job, but the money is good and the car is cute". She added that all she wanted was to save up some money and move into the next job.

Unfortunately, by the time she wanted to move, all the offers she got were for marketing positions because that was all the work experience she had acquired.
She ended up changing jobs about 8 times within 10 years until she finally gave up to focus on learning professional makeup. I wish she had realized this 10 years ago, she probably would be competing with the top makeup artists in the country by now. Thank God it's never too late!

Statistics say “Over 70% of people do not enjoy their jobs”, some endure and live unhappy lives, but the only way you can avoid becoming part of the 70% is to do something you love. However before doing something you love, you must know what you like and dislike.

Here are a few questions you need to periodically ask yourself. Taking action on the honest responses can determine your positional happiness in the next 5 years, 10 years or even in the next 50 years.
Before you take a job, ask yourself,
1. "Does this job inspire me?”
2. “What am I passionate about?”
3. “Does this job align with me?” Consider your values and your personality.
4. “What are my strengths?” It's no secret that we excel at things we are good at.
5. “Does this job environment support me?” Some jobs involve travelling while some don't. Do you enjoy travelling? Some environments are purely entrepreneurial, some embrace diversity, some are extremely conservative etc. You need to determine which environment is right for you and you for it.
6. “Can I do it for free and be happy doing it?”
It's simply not worth it doing something you do not enjoy or you are not passionate about. Avoid ‘doing it’ because of the money. No matter how much money you are offered it simply will not end well. Before you accept a job, make sure that your passions, knowledge and experiences are aligned with the organization’s purpose and ambitions.

"Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for it" - Katharine Whitehorn

http://biempowerment.com/2016/06/13/choose-job-love-will-never-work-day-life/

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by divalindiway(f): 7:34am On Jun 14, 2016
OP...you just hit the nail on the head.....every morning I go to work and I try to find a reason to derive joy from the work....guess what? I find none.
I just work for the sake of working...I dont feel am doing what I was created to do. But it wont end here,this is a starting point,part of my story.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2016
So so true... God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by lonelydora: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Op didn't seek my permission before talking about me. I was initially enjoying my job but now I feel bored and reluctant to go to work. The job doesn't align with my values. Pay is very okay though.

Please anyone with a vacancy, please EPP ME. PM please.

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by ebig21(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2016
All these your American philosophies that don't work in real life. Work is work, and fun is fun

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by ehigie50(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2016
WWW.nxtrated.com

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Chynx(m): 7:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Reminds me of footballers.

No greater joy than doing what you love to do and getting very paid for it. grin

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2016
My passion is in lecturing in the university.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Ezegozie(m): 8:02am On Jun 14, 2016
BISolutionsng:
I remember fresh after service year, my friends and I were excited looking out for job opportunities. We just couldn't wait to dress corporately and begin to earn some big money........... so that we could go shopping. That was all we imagined. We had no career plan or professional path. Any job that could do this for us was good enough! In a couple of weeks, one of us got a marketing job and the pay was good. She could now dress corporately and of course she got a cute red car in addition. Boy, were we jealous! Sometime after she started work, I asked her if she was enjoying her job, and she said to me, "I don't enjoy the job, but the money is good and the car is cute". She added that all she wanted was to save up some money and move into the next job.

Unfortunately, by the time she wanted to move, all the offers she got were for marketing positions because that was all the work experience she had acquired.
She ended up changing jobs about 8 times within 10 years until she finally gave up to focus on learning professional makeup. I wish she had realized this 10 years ago, she probably would be competing with the top makeup artists in the country by now. Thank God it's never too late!

Statistics say “Over 70% of people do not enjoy their jobs”, some endure and live unhappy lives, but the only way you can avoid becoming part of the 70% is to do something you love. However before doing something you love, you must know what you like and dislike.

Here are a few questions you need to periodically ask yourself. Taking action on the honest responses can determine your positional happiness in the next 5 years, 10 years or even in the next 50 years.
4. “What are my strengths?” It's no secret that we excel at things we are good at.
5. “Does this job environment support me?” Some jobs involve travelling while some don't. Do you enjoy travelling? Some environments are purely entrepreneurial, some embrace diversity, some are extremely conservative etc. You need to determine which environment is right for you and you for it.
It's simply not worth it doing something you do not enjoy or you are not passionate about. Avoid ‘doing it’ because of the money. No matter how much money you are offered it simply will not end well. Before you accept a job, make sure that your passions, knowledge and experiences are aligned with the organization’s purpose and ambitions.

"Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for it" - Katharine Whitehorn

Sometimes when people post something, I will just be wondering if we are in the same country.

You never see job na to begin chose the is in line with your passion.

Have you wondered why many people applied for that police work?
You think up-to 90% loves police job?

Bros I wonder if you are in this country at all.
There is very limited job in Nigeria, So many companies are sacking their staffs and Thousands of people compete for the Little available space .

Majority of the unemployed graduates are only interested in the salary. They apply for whatever that will pay them

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Cutehector(m): 8:08am On Jun 14, 2016
The inspector General of police should ask all the police aspirants what inspires them about joining the Nigerian Police Force

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Toks2008(m): 8:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Emmanuel950:
If hunger wire some people eh, hmmm...you go just work any work...

You are so right.

Nigerians have great talents but unfortunately the economy situation makes it hard for the youths to harness their passion.

In the western world it is easier for them to make giant strides cos of the welfare package which takes care of their minimal needs while giving them time to build their passion.

But in Nigeria you will likely die of hunger before your passion see the light of day.

My advice to youths is to avoid taking a job that will cage them and not allow them pursue their dreams.

I don't see why an aspiring Nollywood or music star should take a banking job.

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by samx4real(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2016
Forget that thing jor!

For naija?

The bad economy go choose for you!

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by mecussey(m): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2016
drered:
The job you love isn't always the job you get. When the desirable isn't available the available becomes the desirable. Abi do those conductors enjoy screaming at the top of their voices for passengers? Na condition make cray fish bend.

Ha, u never know anything...some conductors love danfo shouting like die. Offer them bank job, that one concern u. As early as 4 am, someone is already shouting ojuelagwa palmgroove, cms. Jumping up and down running front and back with all happiness. Those guys are enjoying that work

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Wilsonmoses: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2016
In the country we are today, just any good job is ok. 90% of graduates are not career driven.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Emeka71(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2016
So unfortunate ; many people are going about looking for office job .

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by professore(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2016
While all questions are very nice,number 6 is even more nice.

I also like the quote,nice post

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Securedlife(m): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2016
Haute:
True. Sometimes I work ~15 hours straight without feeling hungry or stressed. And that's only because I love my job.
which job or work do you do?

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by agrovick(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Is there hope for someone whose passion is sleeping?

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Elegantdiva: 10:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Nice points @Op. In one year I av changed job twice . Now I feel very OK and happy with the one I am on now but my issue is the salary which I sometimes over look. Someday I might have responsibility to take care of . My issue is just the pay thou some days I can come to work with an empty pocket and go home with at least 2-3k. How do I go about the pay?

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by kirchofff(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2016
Haute:
True. Sometimes I work ~15 hours straight without feeling hungry or stressed. And that's only because I love my job.
and what job is dat if I may ask

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2016
BISolutionsng:

Nice piece but you failed to mention what you did and what you have been doing for the past 10 years too.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by cava: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
@stillbrandnew I would like to know how u create a brand and position / market new products

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by Misterpaul(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Well, its not really about doing a job you like...its about liking the job you find yourself doing.

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by number5(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Haute:

I love your job too grin grin

but am jobless

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by beyondwalls: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ughmm!!

For situation/country where;

the chance of studying your choice course is like winning 1m naira on bet9ja with 50naira.

you manage study a course, do masters join, the chance of getting a 'manageable' job not even a dream job is like saying Seun will be the governor of Lagos state in the next 4years.

talent development support/programs is as scanty as 500naira tomatoes now.

career programs/development is as limited/expensive as fuel.

Anyways, good write up Op. But, sometimes it takes doing shit you have no passion about to build the dream you love. If it's true dreams have no deadline, i know one day i will live fully!

1 Like

Re: Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life by beyondwalls: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Besides, no matter how you love or feel passionate about your job. There is a point you get to that all those things plateau because i have realised any job experience is a curve. It's not anywhere near perfect or linear, it's a curve of different origins, peaks, lows, flats and co depending on many myriads of variables.

Yet, it is good to have a loveable job!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Recruit 17,000 Youths For Road Maintenance / Leadway Assurance Invited Me 4 Interview / Over 500,000 Applicants Jostle For 3,200 Vacancies In Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.