Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola (25202 Views)

Buhari Only Made 3 Promises And Has Fulfilled Them: Femi Adesina / I Have Fulfilled Ojukwu’s Dying Wish – Bianca / "One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Babatunde Fashola, minister of works, power and housing, says he wants to witness the fulfillment of the Nigerian promise before he dies, and this thought keeps him awake.

Fashola lamented that Nigeria is currently bedevilled by a number of challenges, but he vowed to do his best in tackling them.

“I’m a thinking person and I’m always looking for solutions to solutions. When I’ve found one solution, I’m not always convinced that it’s the best solution, so even when I’m implementing it, I’m looking for ways to make it better,” he told Channels Television in an interview aired on Monday.

“Generally, the promise of this country keeps me awake. I know that it is a country of so much promise; I want to see some of those promises before I die. I want to see sustainable, reliable electricity; I want to see more people get access to electricity.

“I want to see more people pay mortgages for their own homes. I want to see roads in this country smoother… to be more efficient so that people have more pleasant journey time. Nigeria is a very beautiful place.”

He traced that the challenges in the power sector to 1950 when the first electricity ordinance was passed.

“We’ve been trying to generate sustainable energy for 66 years and I’ve spent 6.5, 7 months. I have learnt a lot to convince me that the problems can be solved,” Fashola added.

“I haven’t visited all the power plants but I intend to. I intend to visit all the power facilities so that I understand what I’m expected to manage. If I wanted to do that in a whole month, it wouldn’t be enough.

“One whole year perhaps wouldn’t be enough. But every power plant I go to, every transmission facility I see, every substation that I visit… I visited a nuclear manufacturing plant privately set up a few weeks ago, everything that I saw convinced me that it can be done. The more I see, the more I believe we can solve it.”

AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR CIVIL SERVANTS

Speaking on his housing plans, he said: “There are many people who need accommodation. There are people to build; they just want land, some people want duplexes, some want semi-detached house, some want a flat, one bedroom, or two bedrooms.

“Those are the people that are most at risk and those are the people that should first concern us. So I think what we should first create is to connect between what is available and what is affordable.

“In America, for working people, affordability means the person must not spend more than 20-25 percent of his monthly income on his accommodation and must not spend more than 40 or 50 percent of his total income on utilities. So affordability is not necessarily the unit cost but the payment mode.

“Affordability, we are looking at the civil servant as our guide. Civil servants around level nine to about level 14/15; that income bracket is not extrapolated to the private sector who are the people who earn this kind of money also I the private sector; taxi drivers, food vendors but what is called a benchmark for the kind of people who fall within the cadre that we would be really concerned about in the short term.

http://www.thecable.ng/i-want-the-nigerian-promise-fulfilled-before-i-die-says-fashola

12 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by luvinhubby(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Talk is cheap.

America is equal opportunity & right to pursue happiness. Abeg, does Nigeria have a promise & what is the Nigerian promise?

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by menstrualpad: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Though I stand with GEJ I also love Fashola am a complete progressive
Mynd44, I claim ftc because the character up there has nothing to offer

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by kaairoz: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by SIRmuel86(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
undecided cry undecided
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by hucienda: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
ehya... *hands him hankie*

Dear Minister, no need for heartfelt, grandiose rhetoric. Just do your part. Give us light 24/7 [s](we might manage poor road network and scarce housing supply. We are effective managers since the people are already used to suffering and smiling)[/s] - afterall, it aint rocket science like you said. Time to walk the talk.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
No way do it now
Die later

long live

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Kondomatic(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
*in akon's voice* "Forever young, I wanna be forever young."
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by EMMYLBANKS(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
what can i say the lord is your strength

8 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
*in Jay-Z's voice* "Forever young, I wanna be forever young."
[size=20pt]FIXED!![/size]

4 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Timolanki(m): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Apc syndrome is truly running in ur blood Mr. Minister.

So loquacious n garrulous in making promises but epileptic in delivering it...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by otukpo(f): 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fashola, enough of rhetoric.

Give us light. Even if it is not 24/7, we will do with 18/7.

You can keep your housing. We will provide our own accomodation.

Remember that generating electricity is not rocket science.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by anonimi: 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
What is the Nigerian dream?
What does it entail?
Does it include having ALL our children EDUCATED so they have needed SKILLS and knowledge to create jobs and also to be employed according to their studies.
What effort did loquacious Barawo Rogue Fashole, BRF throughout his eight years in office as governor towards attaining the Nigerian dream?
Maybe by not signing cheques he was making his own contributions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Peacetemi: 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
*in akon's voice* Mr Hudson's voice"Forever young, I wanna be forever young."
BeeBeeOoh:
. [size=21pt]FIXED[/size]

10 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
cheesy
Dead wrong!
*In Mr Hudson's Voice*

Final FIXING
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by BABANGBALI: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yinmu.

Who you epp?

1 Like

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by lollmaolol(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Me too @ title
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by amclimax(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
How can somebody's father about to be a grandfather soon talk without thinking... Fashola stop talking and act for once...2moro might be late but your today is certain... 247 lite is the least thing to do for us...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by melzabull(f): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
minister of darkness

useless hypocrite....mtcwwwww

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by PigMeat: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fashola MIDDLE-FINGER!

4 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by VocalWalls: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
Sweet story.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by MrCow(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
v got no problem with Fashola ooo, hez someone that delivers but these days, ion know what's going wrong

seems things are not going his way, hez kinda unlucky and I feel it's either we have been riding on good luck all along for Nigerians not to feel the impact of corruption or Buhari's government doesn't have what it takes to lead us

1 Like

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
You can help lay the foundation for the fulfillment of the Nigerian promise....The Nigerian promise looks too grandiose to be achieved in your lifetime, but we have to begin somewhere. Your actions in office could hasten or delay the fulfillment of the promise. So, act wisely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by edlion57(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Alwayz campaigning. ...praising themselves and blaming Jonathan. ...the past govt wia in middle of somewhere and u guyz are jux starting all afresh

2 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by YoursGEJ(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
May God continue to bless and protect this man and his family. Wailers will blame you who has only been a minister for about 6 months even though their party spent over $16 billion on power and had 16 years to fix the power problem. Just know that true Nigerians are behind you and we are confident that you're doing your very best to fix the power problem

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by lordkhalifa(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Minister of darkness give us light biko

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Morkavictor: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
This APC people should stop taking for us a ride,they shoud shut up and do what they promised.

6 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by mightyhazell: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
Babatunde never die yet cheesy

In nscdc man's voice,...

Wait,...

U say light no be rocket science abi? no turn am to nuclear physics ahh take God beg u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by Lincoln275(m): 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
hon. minister what do u mean? u will not die oooo
Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by firstolalekan(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oga FASH,
IT BEGINS WITH YOU.

Give us light!
That's all.
Is that too much to ask of you?

2 Likes

Re: I Want The Nigerian Promise Fulfilled Before I Die- Fashola by MARKone(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fashola fit tey like Methuselah, na im be say that fulfillment of Nigerian promise go tey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis / Christmas: I Have No Regrets Forgiving Tony Kabaka Adun – Gov Obaseki / Police Kill Suspected IPOB/ESN Member In Imo, Recover Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.