Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. (531 Views)

Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa / Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island / Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. by nex(m): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Today LinkedIn entered into an agreement to be acquired by Microsoft, joining forces to realize a common mission to empower people and organizations. LinkedIn’s vision – to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce – is not changing and our members still come first.

Both companies are the world’s leading professional cloud and network. This deal will them to keep growing, investing and innovating on LinkedIn to drive value for members and customers. Members will continue to develop their skills, find a job and be great at that job, using the platform which will continue to help customers hire top talent, market their brand, and sell to their customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-89PWn0QaaY

The LinkedIn you know and value is only getting better. LinkedIn will retain its distinct brand, culture and independence. The network has been changing the way the world’s professionals have connected to opportunity for 13 years, and this is an opportunity to truly change the way the world works on a massive scale.

Microsoft paid $26.2 billion to seal this monumental deal. We look forward to seeing the great opportunities this collaboration will bring.

Source: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/microsoft-acquires-linkedin/
Re: Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. by datola: 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
I'm not too comfortable with this acquisition of LinkedIn by Microsoft. The deal though is better than that of Nokia since LinkedIn still maintains its structure and identity.

LinkedIn- Connecting Professional!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Talk about missing an opportunity...Microsoft missed the chance to buy linkedin for $1.5b a few years ago.

Staggering amount of money. My head is still reeling. Don't be afraid to create something. You would never know how far you could go if you don't start. That business idea you keep talking about is not going to make you money if you don't act on it. Start now!

I'm happy for those guys.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Acquires Linkedin. by nex(m): 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
I feel $26.2 billion is outrageous for LinkedIn, just like I said that Facebook buying WhatsApp for $19 billion was also out of place.

I'm beginning to suspect that these tech companies are either becoming agents for money laundering or they must be stealing from their shareholders by buying these assets at ten times the value, then the executives get refunded the balance gradually, into their bank accounts.

Something is just not adding up.

(1) (Reply)

Eog Cleaning Services (some Of Our Services) / Alas! The Pounds Tumbl£s......investing In The Uk Now A Huge Gamble / Charcoal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.