Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank (11398 Views)

Afreximbank Invests $17bn In Nigeria / Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island / Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Laredojohn(m): 5:47am On Jun 10, 2016
The Dangote Group has become the latest corporate organisation to join the African Export-Import Bank as a class B shareholder.

The Group, according to information released by Afreximbank and made available to our correspondent, completed the process of acquiring equity in the bank on May 30 this year with a “substantial investment.”

Afreximbank is an international financial institution, headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, whose primary objective is to promote and finance trade within the African continent and trade between Africa and other continents.

Welcoming the investment of Dangote Group, President of Afreximbank, Dr. Benedict Oramah, stated that it was “a strong vote of confidence in the bank by, arguably, the largest indigenous corporate organisation in Africa.”

“The massive investment the Dangote Group is making across Africa makes it a partner of choice in the delivery of our intra-African trade strategy. Working with the Dangote Group, we will build supply chain financing across Africa that could reach $1bn in the short term, promoting intra-regional trade and growth of short and medium enterprises, and creating much needed jobs,” Oramah said.

The President, Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, said, “I consider Afreximbank as a good vehicle for fostering regional integration in Africa, which aligns with our vision and mission for growth and development across the continent.”

Afreximbank has four classes of shareholders divided into A, B, C and D, which are made up of a mix of African governments, central banks, regional and sub-regional institutions, private investors, African and non-African financial institutions, export credit agencies and non-African private investors.

Class “A” shareholders are African states, central banks and public institutions, including the African Development Bank; while Class “B” is made up of the continent’s financial institutions and private investors.

Class “C” shares are held by non-African investors, mostly international banks and export credit agencies, including Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, Citibank, China Exim Bank and Exim India. Class “D” shares, a tier approved in December 2012, are fully paid par value shares that can be held by any investor.

Oramah described Dangote as an enigma who was assiduously working towards the unification, growth and development of the African continent.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/dangote-acquires-shares-afreximbank-2/
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by ReabridCharles(m): 6:08am On Jun 10, 2016
Wetin remain na make Dangote buy half of Nigeria.

Well God bless him...

If I make enough money, na to pay issue to nuke some part of Nigeria beginning with National Assembly and that useless Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by examhall(f): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote is just rich

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Icecomrade: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2016

In as much as I appreciate Dangote's business expansions which is a good thing for himself and our economy I do have my concerns.

People don't realise that economic power is much more compelling than political power.

Dangote is gradually dominating all the sector of Nigerian economy.
This is monopoly which may turn back to haunt our politics in the future.

There is an urgent need for government and other Nigerians to invest and neutralise this dominance rather than sit by the side lines and applaud him.

If we don't do this, we stand a risk of Dangote running our government and determining who occupies our political positions with the threat of grounding our economy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by modskiller(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Do they have a branch in Marina, lagos island?
If no, then I'm pissed angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by afolayangs(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Hmm. But on this move na buying African is the man target.

I love His courage and diversity when it comes to making investment decisions

ReabridCharles:
Wetin remain na make Dangote buy half of Nigeria.

Well God bless him...

If I make enough money, na to pay issue to nuke some part of Nigeria beginning with National Assembly and that useless Aso rock
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by David0(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote, the smartest business man I can think of. Nice move.

It's my birthday guys....Thank God for another wonderful year.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by sundons(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
examhall:
Dangote is just rich
am very happy for ur success, mine own will soon come too.... Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Project400: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
He's capable and able to achieve anything money can buy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Pwetyefe(f): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Na wa o,d rich gets richer,y d poor remains were dey are.Wat a country.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by DaBullIT(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Just build us refinery
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by jazinogold(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
cool
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
examhall:
Dangote is just rich
is dangote richer than babangida and obasanjo? just asking o
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by macino1(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote the mini Nigeria. Well, enjoy the feel now before I over take you soon. Congrats Sir

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Pavore9: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2016
He is spreading his net.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by TerrorSquad(m): 7:08am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Luvdmx(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2016
Pwetyefe:
Na wa o,d rich gets richer,y d poor remains were dey are.Wat a country.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Emmaoga: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2016
GOD DON BLESS THIS MAN SINCE.....
DEAR GOD, PLS FAVOUR YOUR GOOD HUSTLING CHILDREN .
GOOD MORNING ALL AND WISHING US ALL A FRUITFUL DAY.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by chiwex(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2016
this is one of the things money can do
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by ibez007(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2016
The only Farmer wey ar know TO DEH TUN SOJI...

You are the only Business Man wey we know wey dey Mak FAT MONEY!... In 9ice's voice

**Anything Buyable!.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Fogman(m): 7:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Diversification is key in business
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by AleAirHub(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Nice move
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by SageTravels: 7:14am On Jun 10, 2016
too much money.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by kikesblog(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Na this Man go buy everything including Aso-Rock Since A-fi-c wants to privatize efritin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by sumoDGN(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2016
as a football lover i am,make im come promote our(NPL) to a standard.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Emmaoga: 7:16am On Jun 10, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
is dangote richer than babangida and obasanjo? just asking o

we are not talking who is the richest among them....
who Obasanjo n IBB don epp?.
but Dangote is employing people in his factories n I said factories n companies..

the worst thing that can happen to a man is to be envious of someone's success.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by SmithHumble50: 7:17am On Jun 10, 2016
Abegs come buy Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by kinnlive(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2016
DaBullIT:
Just build us refinery

he is building one already at Lagos state, to be completed before 2019
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 10, 2016
i dont know why ds man is not my ........ anyway GOD knows the best

DRABEEYwasHERE
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by amtaken(f): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Congratulations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-el-fitr: Photos Of Stranded Customers At Various Bank Atms In The North / EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis / Children Cloths Biz A K A Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.