Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,793 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (38622 Views)

Osinbajo, Akpabio, Ngige At FG Report Card Of Buhari's Administration In Abuja / Fashola, Dalung, Ngige, Adeosun, Lai Mohammed At FG Town Hall Meeting In Abuja / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2016
Foooooooolssssssss talking....! Goodluck was president for 6yrs, he did nothing about maritime university until 2 hours to leave office, nothing called development visited the niger Delta.. Port harcourt international air port was abandoned by the ijaw man...yet there was no gun shot, no ijaw man ever critized him because his there brother. Today the whole of south south has no standard airport.... Shame... I say shame on all of you..! He refused to clean up ogoni because ogoni is not an ijaw land... Yet they call him their hero. Today everybody is calling for the head of buhari and amaechi..... Bombings everywhere...today there is an Ordinary minister just less than 2yrs, that does not want to develop Niger delta.. Because amaechi Is Not ijaw.as I write this, I. Write with tears flowing down..because Nigeria might never recover from ethnic sentiments! Shame...Shame....

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by nike4love: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Judas is a carrot,but the ubima man looks like judas'ssss blood brother....
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by gbishman: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2016
THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POLITICIAN AND A TECHNOCRAT HAS ONCE AGAIN BE MADE BARE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE.
KACHIKWU HAS ONCE AGAIN SHOWN ACUMEN OVER WIT.
AMAECHI SHOULD BE KEPT UNDER CONTROL, HE LACKS THE REQUISITE COMPETENCE TO DEAL WITH DIPLOMATIC AND ISSUES BOTHERING ON UNITY AND FOSTERING DEVELOPMENT.
RATHER THAN TAKE A STEP BACK TO STUDY THE INTRICASIES SURROUNDING THIS DELICATE CASE OF THE MARITIME ACADEMY HE RATHER SPEAK IN IGNORANCE TRYING TO MAKE HIS BOSS SMILE NOT KNOWING AT THE END OF THE DAY MAKING HIS BOSS (MY PRESIDENT) LOOK BAD.
THE TRUTH BE SAID A LOT OF WORK HAS BEEN DONE ON THE OKERENKOKO MARITIME ACADEMY ALTHOUGH AT AN OVER BLOTTED RATE BUT THIS DOESN’T DISPEL THE FACT THAT WORK HASN’T BEEN DONE.
AS THE HONOURABLE MINISTER FOR STATE FOR PETROLEUM RIGHTFULLY SAID, IT WOULD BE CALLOUS TO THROUGH AWAY BOTH THE BABY AND BATHWATER AWAY.
I STRONG SUGGEST SINCE A LOT HAS BEEN EXPENDED ON THE PROJECT WE SHOULD REVISIT AND REVIEW THE CONTRACT AND SEE IT COME TO BARE AND IF AN ALREADY EXISTING MARITIME ACADEMY ALREADY EXIST IN ORON THEN ANOTHER AGAIN AS THE PETROLEUM MINISTER SAID A PETROLEUM INSTITUTE SHOULD BE TAKEN ON.
AMAECHI YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN FROM LEADERS NOT RADICALIST WHEN IT COMES TO THE CORRIDOR OF POWER.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Phonefanatic: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2016
gocac:
Foooooooolssssssss talking....! Goodluck was president for 6yrs, he did nothing about maritime university until 2 hours to leave office, nothing called development visited the niger Delta.. Port harcourt international air port was abandoned by the ijaw man...yet there was no gun shot, no ijaw man ever critized him because his there brother. Today the whole of south south has no standard airport.... Shame... I say shame on all of you..! He refused to clean up ogoni because ogoni is not an ijaw land... Yet they call him their hero. Today everybody is calling for the head of buhari and amaechi..... Bombings everywhere...today there is an Ordinary minister just less than 2yrs, that does not want to develop Niger delta.. Because amaechi Is Not ijaw.as I write this, I. Write with tears flowing down..because Nigeria might never recover from ethnic sentiments! Shame...Shame....

The same spirit of anger is operating you and Amaechi. I guess you didn't read the OP else you wouldn't have gone so low.
I know pregnant women can say anything without thinking so I pardon you.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by sammhi(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Kachikwu, you made my day....
if we all have this sort of mindset like Kachikwu, then our peace will be like a river....
God bless you Kachikwu

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by MadCow1: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2016
Amaechi's point cannot be overlooked.. Somebody somewhere approved the sum of 13 Billion Naira to be paid for just the Land that the School would be situated on. That my friends is fraud..

Kachikwu also made a Good point. Let the respective departments chraged with the responsibility of investigating fraud look into it, but let the University Works continue..

Lets Marry both Arguements: Can Work commence on the University without the federal Government paying the land owners 13 Billion Naira? I don't think so.. So there you have it.. Fix the 13 Billion Naira fraud first and let the University continue. If not, then its back to the drawing board and a new cheaper location for the University should be secured.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by MrSly(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2016
MightyPee:
hmmm, this man is a wise man, but I will start taking him serious only when he ask for his daughter sacked from CBN,

after all, she wasn't there by merit.
you are talking about merit? return your SSCE cert cos you did not make it all by yourself. then tell me once more about merit.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by M4gunners: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2016
Now those of you claiming Amaechi and APC included the Lagos Calabar Rainway in the first budget, we now know who is lying. Amaechi is a disgrace to ND.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by gare(f): 10:42am On Jun 14, 2016
LordVarys:
The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, has said President Muhammadu Buhari has not allocated a single oil block since he came into office.

Kachikwu said when the president eventually starts, South-south indigenes would have their share.

At a town hall meeting in Uyo, the Akwa-Ibom State capital, organised by the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, a Nigerian asked the minister why oil block allocations favoured the North rather than the South-south, where most oil blocks are located.

Answering, Kachikwu, said this was not the doing of President Buhari, emphasising that the president would follow due process in allocation of oil blocks when the time comes.

[b]Kachikwu also disagreed with the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on the establishment and maintenance of the Maritime University in Akwa-Ibom.

“I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility in the South-south, we should work towards developing it, I don’t care the circumstance. It is not my business whether land was valued at 19 or 10 million,” he said responding to Amaechi’s claim that land for the university was valued at N13 billion.

“That has nothing to do with development of infrastructure. As far as I know, so much has already gone into that, so much fiscal asset has been developed. We are not going to throw away the baby and the bath water.

“We’ll deal with the issues but the university will be developed. If he (Amaechi) doesn’t want it in maritime, I will take it in Petroleum.

“On the issue of negotiations, again I disagree with him. There’s no theatre in the world where conflicts are being resolved through battle. It doesn’t matter who’s right, who’s wrong.”[/b]
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/14/kachikwu-buhari-will-allocate-oil-blocks-to-south-south-indigenes/

This goes to show the kind of person Amaechi is, when his sycophants are shouting and praising him as the best Governor in Nigeria, I just sit down and laugh, if you have a problem with Amaechi, the road leading to the one leading to your house will not be worked on or he will work on it some Meyers to your house he would stop the project.

His mind set is such an evil one, watched the video and was so impressed with Machines treating him like a small minded person he his, that is how he will go about embarrassing himself, because he is as dull as he looks. Shame to bad people.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by iswallker(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Ibe Kachikwu has a point. The project may be corruption-ridden but that does not mean that it is not beneficial to the ordinary citizens.

Jail the thieves and let the university serve its purpose

thats the difference between being a politician all your life and being a technocrat... wink

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by jrusky(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2016
mysteriousman:
Conflict of ideas produce positive results

Mr Man beg your pardon why rare you believing in ths govt can't you see or feel or reason and look at this govt from another angle why one way thiking for God sake Are you yet to see the fingers on the wall that these guys are confused and out of ideas I mean has no plan at all Oh God help some people plssss.

Honestly I don't know what Kachukwu still doing in this cabinet of failure I pity the guy a lot I sincerely see honesty in him but unfortunately under a wrong authority.

Pls Mr man provide one single conflict of ideas that has ever yielded anything positive in Nigeria since Nigeria registered for democracy tell me one if past administration could not it's not this your nightmare party called APC that will do it. This is the worst party(APC) in the whole world quote anywhere I mean the worst.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by bonechamberlain(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
ideylaff:

You don't know Ibe Kachikwu deep than people who know him.

Hmmmmmm time ton speak not now.

Ask TY Danjuma and IBB about him or ask his close pal former Goverbor of Delta State Dr Uduaghan
tell me what you know about him
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Kenobus: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
Amaechi is just a devil. I be is the true south south leader that should be supported. No wonder the boys are listening to him. God bless him.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2016
I am yet to see what people are making noise for. Amaechi pointed out that there was a massive fraud on the project. Massive fraud.

A fraud siphoning billions of naira that is enough to build the University.

I totally disagree with Kachikwu and I want anyone in favor of Kachikwu's point to explain to me why they support his stance.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by MightyPee: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2016
MrSly:

you are talking about merit? return your SSCE cert cos you did not make it all by yourself. then tell me once more about merit.

Lol, so you think everyone who sat for WAEC in Nigeria do not merit their results? so because of the corrupt way you did yours you think everyone else's own was gotten the same way? Well, with your thinking I have conclude that the Youths of this country are not ready, the old men will keep rubbing their black a*sess on our faces because we are too blind to see the wrong because of tribalism.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by repogirl(f): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Kachi is finally growing a pair!!! Good one from the minister of petroleum, spoken like a true son of the soil!!!!
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Kenobus:
Amaechi is just a devil. I be is the true south south leader that should be supported. No wonder the boys are listening to him. God bless him.

You do not know what a devil is. Give Amaechi 13 Billion and the University he will build in Akwa Ibom State will baffle you.

Land Alone 13 billion and people are applauding.

Below is one of Amaechi's billion Naira project.

The Pictures below is one project and someone is celebrating using that for land alone.

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2016
repogirl:
Kachi is finally growing a pair!!! Good one from the minister of petroleum, spoken like a true son of the soil!!!!

Hon. Kachikwu is wrong. Retrieving the money is better. Afrer recovering the money, from a convicted embezzler, then a proper planning of the project can take off.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by repogirl(f): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Hon. Kachikwu is wrong. Retrieving the money is better. Afrer recovering the money, from a convicted embezzler, then a proper planning of the project can take off.
it's not right to keep.the project on hold while retrieving the money. Can't the two work simultaneously?
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by chikurch(f): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2016
sinistermind:
Wow!!! It's quite obvious Amaechi is angry with the SS don't know why at least. But why would u go against your people, dis is something a northerner can never do.

they did not vote for his party I guess ... lol Amaechi tho
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by emmanuelbrown26: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:
Kachikwu on point once again.. Dude seem to be the only bright light among the noise makers in buhari's cabinet... I wonder what is wrong with the rabbit of Ubiama. Always having issues with projects in the South South. Someone needs to call him to order. We all know he is a stooge that has been planted to serve the northern interest but he needs to be careful. After canceling the one in delta state, the fool still has the guts to be saying this thrash. This is the sole reasons I love the hausas and the average northerner in general. They will rather die than go against any project that will benefit their people... But down here in the South South, just for a bowl of garri, men will kill their mothers
nnam ehh na true talk u talk wel wel, Jah bless
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2016
repogirl:
it's not right to keep.the project on hold while retrieving the money. Can't the two work simultaneously?

It can not work simultaneously because the Fraud was done by the company to do the project.

If you want to retrieve the money from the company, it means you have to stop that company from doing the contract. That is what Amaechi is doing. Stopping the contract. Next thing is to retrieve the money, then build it.

Kachikwu is very wrong here and people are celebrating him.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by balastic(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2016
I don't want to believe they are not united
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by FlamesD: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:
Kachikwu on point once again.. Dude seem to be the only bright light among the noise makers in buhari's cabinet... I wonder what is wrong with the rabbit of Ubiama. Always having issues with projects in the South South. Someone needs to call him to order. We all know he is a stooge that has been planted to serve the northern interest but he needs to be careful. After canceling the one in delta state, the fool still has the guts to be saying this thrash. This is the sole reasons I love the hausas and the average northerner in general. They will rather die than go against any project that will benefit their people... But down here in the South South, just for a bowl of garri, men will kill their mothers

The mud should please add the video for the world to see. You can't be attacking the people you are meant to pretect and expect them to watch and clap for you. How can a Niger Deltan leader like Amaechi ask for such import project be stopped, know that this important project can help them?
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by FlamesD: 11:49am On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:

The mud should please add the video for the world to see. You can't be attacking the people you are meant to pretect and expect them to watch and clap for you. How can a Niger Deltan leader like Amaechi ask for such import project be stopped, know that this important project can help them?
TheGoodJoe:

It can not work simultaneously because the Fraud was done by the company to do the project.
If you want to retrieve the money from the company, it means you have to stop that company from doing the contract. That is what Amaechi is doing. Stopping the contract. Next thing is to retrieve the money then build it.
Kachikwu is very wrong here and people are celebrating him.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by otokx(m): 11:49am On Jun 14, 2016
Let them get the Chinese to build world class structures not those horrible things we saw.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ex-NIMASA DG, Raymond Omatseye, jailed for five years over N1.5 billion contract scam

According to Mr. Obla, 25 counts of the charges preferred against Mr. Omatseye dwelt on the approval of contract above the threshold level and the other two counts dealt with bid rigging.

He also said that, contrary to existing regulations, contract was awarded to a company that was the highest bidder and which was not even pre-qualified for the contract.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203773-ex-nimasa-dg-raymond-omatseye-jailed-for-five-years-over-n1-5-billion-contract-scam.html

This is the kind of people behind that University contract scam Hon. Amaechi is fighting yet people are in support of the crooks.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
FlamesD:

What are you even saying? Hon. Amaechi is not against the project. Amaechi has done a lot in Niger Delta more any other governor for any to think he is against the Niger Delta.

He is against the fraud. If Hon. Amaechi does not recover the fund, how will he go on with the so called important project.

The point is simple. 13 billion is enough to build the University. How can you support using 13 billion for land alone?

Amaechi is right, Kachikwu is wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu Visit Muhammad Buhari After APC primary (Photos) / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.