Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (38627 Views)

Osinbajo, Akpabio, Ngige At FG Report Card Of Buhari's Administration In Abuja / Fashola, Dalung, Ngige, Adeosun, Lai Mohammed At FG Town Hall Meeting In Abuja / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by asha01: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
sinistermind:
Wow!!! It's quite obvious Amaechi is angry with the SS don't know why at least. But why would u go against your people, dis is something a northerner can never do.

Amaechi is trying to belong or pretend to support where he does not belong.
Goodluck made the same mistake by trying to please the Northerners to gain their support and failed at the end.
Ameachi will soon regret all he is doing.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by tete7000(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Of course, do you compare the response of 3rd class political jobbler who struggled to graduate with that of a 1st class graduate who had distinguished himself in his chosen field of endeavour and worked at one of the best institution in the world?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
asha01:

Amaechi is trying to belong or pretend to support where he does not belong.
Goodluck made the same mistake by trying to please the Northerners to gain their support and failed at the end.
Ameachi will soon regret all he is doing.

Hon. Amaechi built over five hundred schools, over a hundred health centres and constructed over a hundred roads. He constructed bridges and flyovers. Yet you are saying he does not belong. Say what you know.

Amaechi built mega farms, a mega syringe factory.

The man is a legend of the South-South. If Amaechi does not belong, who does.

Picture of a few of his works below.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
tete7000:
Of course, do you compare the response of 3rd class political jobbler who struggled to graduate with that of a 1st class graduate who had distinguished himself in his chosen field of endeavour and worked at best one of the best institution in the world?

Please explain to me why you think Kachikwu is correct.

Kachikwu is taking of continuing the work and using courts to retrieve the money.

Does that sound wise to you? Why not cancel the project, retrieve the money and build the project in the right and befitting way.

You do not need a degree from a University to know that 13 billion is enough to build the project and spending 13 billion on just land is a big fraud.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Don't know why FG is so naive! Always sending an idiot for errands! Amaechi has nothing to offer this generation or next!
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
Codes151:
Don't know why FG is so naive! Always sending an idiot for errands! Amaechi has nothing to offer this generation or next!

How can you say one of the best governors in the history of Nigeria has nothing to offer?

Na wa.

Below is one of Hon. Amaechi’s schools.

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Pavarottii(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt come and see ur mentor ooo... he has gone mad again. grin grin

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Kachikwu is taking of continuing the work and using courts to retrieve the money.

Does that sound wise to you? Why not cancel the project, retrieve the money and build the project in the right and befitting way.

You do not need a degree from a University to know that 13 billion is enough to build the project and spending 13 billion on just land is a big fraud.

When the FG stupidly keeps sending or payin much for a les valued item who u blame? Cancel the contract n collect the money? Wh money? Way don finish?

Tell me that the govt should use best practices for contracts!
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Pavarottii(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Hon. Amaechi built over five hundred schools, over a hundred health centres and constructed over a hundred roads. He constructed bridges and flyovers. Yet you are saying he does not belong. Say what you know.

Amaechi built mega farms, a mega syringe factory.

The man is a legend of the South-South. If Amaechi does not belong, who does.

Picture of a few of his work below.
Oga make I hear word. Which governor never built any road. Call d name of d gov and the state.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can you say one of the best governors in the history of Nigeria has nothing to offer?

Na wa.

If u like sum it all.. his achievements! It's lesser! Start with our monorail then ask him Wher he got money for rerun! Smh... that guy is corruption
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Pavarottii(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa.

Why call it Ameachi's school. is he not meant to build schools. Or is it his money?
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Codes151:

When the FG stupidly keeps sending or payin much for a les valued item who u blame? Cancel the contract n collect the money? Wh money? Way don finish?

Tell me that the govt should use best practices for contracts!

I am suppose to ask you who to blame. It is clear there was a monumental fraud in the project. There is a good chance of retrieving the money.

I trust Hon. Amaechi to deliver the project when he says he will. So why should we continue with a scam.

This is people coming together to siphon billions from an Agency and Hon. Amaechi is stopping.

So please, who are we to blame, Hon. Amaechi retrieving the money or the people who stole the money.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pavarottii:

Why call it Ameachi's school. is he not meant to build schools. Or is it his money?

What is your point? Because, I am pointing out that Hon. Amaechi takes education seriously than most governors in the history of Nigeria.

Did other governors not get money? Why did they not build?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Codes151:

If u like sum it all.. his achievements! It's lesser! Start with our monorail then ask him Wher he got money for rerun! Smh... that guy is corruption

That is all you guys say. Mono Rail, Mono Rail. It was a long term project. So look at the short term projects that he completed.

The point here is that Amaechi built over five hundred schools and did more. You guys can never talk about the free uniforms, free school fees, free books, free sandals, free socks.

You guys never talk about the over a hundred built and equipped health care centers.

Please list the better governors than Hon. Amaechi.

The fact is 13 billion is enough to build the University. It is pure fraud spending all on land.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pavarottii:

Oga make I hear word. Which governor never built any road. Call d name of d gov and the state.

Hear word and list the governors that built over a hundred roads, constructed bridges and flyovers.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am suppose to ask you who to blame. It is clear there was a monumental fraud in the project. There is a good chance of retrieving the money.

I trust Hon. Amaechi to deliver the project when he says he will. So why should we continue with a scam.

This is people coming together to siphon billions from an Agency and Hon. Amaechi is stopping.

So please, who are we to blame, Hon. Amaechi retrieving the money or the people who stole the money.

As for amaechi, one day everything will surface! As for the university in question! FG can investigate! Where ever it was stopped, they continue with a diff contracting company wr they PM is transparent. (meeting each milestone or deliverable) according to scope! Then the old guys sewed for breach of contract in order to recover funds n licence revoked or jailed! Best practices.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kachukwu is just deceiving gullible eediots telling them what they want to hear. Amaechi is on point.

Tokt:
Fools are talking shamelessly on this thread.
Amaechi started by saying he isn't against the project but funds aren't available for now to continue. Besides, it's not the priority because already we have two different schools already in kaduna and Oron.
Kachukwu was the one being political. The decision of this govt remain the same and him saying he will take it up in his ministry is senseless because it hasn't been budgeted for.
Amaechi went further to request that efcc retrieved the money that has been squandered on the project already. It's on record that Tompolo duped his community on this project. Fools choose to ignore this vital point but chooses to lash on shafts.
As much as okerenkoko university is a good idea and initiative, the bitter truth is is not in the priority of this govt. Case closed.

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is all you guys say. Mono Rail, Mono Rail. It was a long term project. So look at the short term projects that he completed.

The point here is that Amaechi built over five hundred schools and did more. You guys can never talk about the free uniforms, free school fees, free books, free sandals, free socks.

You guys never talk about the over a hundred built and equipped health care centers.

Please list the better governors than Hon. Amaechi.

The fact is 13 billion is enough to build the University. It is pure fraud spending all on land.

Let's say one day we will all know the truth! As for the university stuf, its definitely fraudulent n I agree with u on dt
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tinubutoto: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
gocac:
Foooooooolssssssss talking....! Goodluck was president for 6yrs, he did nothing about maritime university until 2 hours to leave office, nothing called development visited the niger Delta.. Port harcourt international air port was abandoned by the ijaw man...yet there was no gun shot, no ijaw man ever critized him because his there brother. Today the whole of south south has no standard airport.... Shame... I say shame on all of you..! He refused to clean up ogoni because ogoni is not an ijaw land... Yet they call him their hero. Today everybody is calling for the head of buhari and amaechi..... Bombings everywhere...today there is an Ordinary minister just less than 2yrs, that does not want to develop Niger delta.. Because amaechi Is Not ijaw.as I write this, I. Write with tears flowing down..because Nigeria might never recover from ethnic sentiments! Shame...Shame....
You just exposed your shallow thinking. Who told you the university was established 2yrs to go, it was announced in 2012 and was to be located at Okoloba but they disagreed and later moved it to Okerenkoko. The structures are ready at Okoloba, it was Tompolo's greed that made them moved it to his Local Government
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Codes151:

As for amaechi, one day everything will surface! As for the university in question! FG can investigate! Where ever it was stopped, they continue with a diff contracting company wr they PM is transparent. (meeting each milestone or deliverable) according to scope! Then the old guys sewed for breach of contract in order to recover funds n licence revoked or jailed! Best practices.

Amaechi’s steps is right. Just as he highlighted in the video. Cancel the contract, it is obvious it is a scam. 13 billion for land alone. Use EFCC, retrieve the money and build the University.

So I still do not get why people say Kachikwu floored Amaechi. Kachikwu is wrong saying go on with the project. That means starting without enough money to build the University.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt:
The minister of transport, Chibuike Amaechi, and the minister of state for petroleum, Ibeh Kachikwu, on Monday disagreed on the establishment of a Nigerian Maritime University, proposed for Okerenkoko in Delta State.
Speaking alongside other ministers at a government town meeting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Amaechi defended the decision of the Buhari administration to scrap the project.
Mr. Amaechi said the previous administration of Goodluck Jonathan had paid too much to acquire a site for the university.
The groundbreaking of the proposed school at Okerenkoko in Warri south-West local government area was done by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2014.
But addressing the senate committee on maritime on January 19, Mr. Amaechi announced the scrapping of the project, which was to be financed by the Nigerian Maritime and Safety Administration Agency, a parastatal under his ministry.
He cited insecurity in the area, and said the project was a “misplacement of priority” because there are transport institutes in Zaria (Kaduna), and Oron (Akwa Ibom), already.
On Monday, Mr. Amaechi address the case again, in response to a question at the town hall meeting.
The minister said the new government lacked the funds to continue with the university project.

“Okerenkoko (Maritime University), I am not against,” he said. “My argument about Okerenkoko is that land alone is 13 billion(naira). If you give me 13 billion, I will buy the half of Lagos. That 13 billion has built the university already.”
He said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should recover the N13 billion already paid for the land, then “I will build the university for them”.
“What to do: let EFCC retrieve the money and release the money and we build the university. If they bring the N13 billion, I will build the university for them. That’s for land alone. I believe the Federal Government does not have money. When we have money, we can continue.
The minister of petroleum has said he would look for the money. Minister, give me the money and we continue.”
But Mr. Kachikwu disagreed with Mr. Amaechi, saying he was in support of the project, drawing a loud applause from the audience.
“First, let me say on Okerenkoko University, I disagree with the Minister of Transport,” he said.
“Any facility that is located in the South-South we should work close to developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which you are placed.
“It’s not in my position to determine whether land was valued at 3 billion or 10 billion. The appropriate institution which is at the cost system will determine that. That has nothing to do with development of infrastructure. And as far as I know, so much has already gone into the university.
“So much physical of assets are being developed. We are not going to throw away the baby with bath water. We deal with the issues but the university will be developed. If he (Amaechi) does not want it in Maritime, I will take it in petroleum,” he said.
Mr. Kachikwu later said that he joined the present government without ever meeting President Muhammadu Buhari, but by “recommendation and reputation”.
On the renewed insurgency in the Niger Delta region, Mr. Kachikwu repeated his call for dialogue with Niger Delta Avengers which has vowed to ground Nigeria’s oil industry, having carried out audacious attacks on oil and gas installations.
He said the crisis could not be resolved through counter military attacks by Nigeria’s Armed Forces, but through dialogue.
“We must dialogue first; and if that fails, we know what to do next,” he said.
He said Niger Delta people with “skills and finance” would benefit from allocation of oil blocs because it would be part of “giving back to the chicken that laid the eggs”.
He said oil blocs would empower Niger Delta people and enable to engage in genuine oil deals, rather than being contractors to oil companies.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/205246-kachikwu-amaechi-disagree-maritime-university.html
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by tete7000(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You have a situation degenerating into conflict in your hand, the militants are using it as a reason to destabiise your government; which approach do you think can douse the tension: Amaechi's or Kachikwu's? As an administrator your conflict resolution skill is very important. As a petroleum minister, Kachikwu understands the importance of that project to resolving the problem he currently face in the creek.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Codes151:

Let's say one day we will all know the truth! As for the university stuf, its definitely fraudulent n I agree with u on dt

We can discuss Rivers State and I accept people demanding accountability. As time goes on, people will understand that Hon. Amaechi was dedicated. He is already the best in the history of the state.

What matters now is that Hon. Kachikwu's stance of going on with the project is wrong. Stopping the scam contract is the best and first step.

Then the debate of expanding the Maritime Academy in Oron, compared to building a University can take off. With consultations of Maritime stakeholders in the business.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by chidozieikeji2: 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
D only well sane man in the kitchen cabinet
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Ibe Kachikwu has a point. The project may be corruption-ridden but that does not mean that it is not beneficial to the ordinary citizens.

Jail the thieves and let the university serve its purpose

So many projects are scattered everywhere that is beneficial to the people. However because of scarcity of funds, one will need to prioritise. Considering the fact that we have similar schools in both Oron and Kaduna, this is the least of our problem. Let the funds be channel to something else. Amaechi isn't against the school.
Kachukwu only told u what u want to hear. Amaechi is on point.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
opalu:
Minister of Petroleum should take up that Maritime University to execute it for posterity sake. Since the ministry of Transport has too many projects on its plate already

Kachukwu only said that to massage ur ego.......was it budgeted for?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
tete7000:

You have a situation degenerating into conflict in your hand, the militants are using it as a reason to destabiise your government; which approach do you think can douse the tension: Amaechi's or Kachikwu's? As an administrator your conflict resolution skill is very important. As a petroleum minister, Kachikwu understands the importance of that project to resolving the problem he currently face in the creek.

So we should lie to ourselves. Tell the militants the truth. That is what part of the negotiations is about. They are running wild with propaganda and lies against Amaechi when Amaechi is doing what is best for the people and the Niger Delta region.

The money these people stole is enough to build the University and recovering it is the best step.

Lies is not the best step. The truth set free. With what Kachikwu did, that was a very wrong step. Many will feel stopping the University contract was a wrong step in the first place. When it was right.

I repeat. Kachikwu was wrong.
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
repogirl:
it's not right to keep.the project on hold while retrieving the money. Can't the two work simultaneously?

Nop. Instead use that money for something else within the region. Already we Av similar schools in Oron and Kaduna. Both aren't filled to capacity yet. Why build another knowing fully well that we no longer have unlimited funds
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Tokt: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
Pavarottii:

There are roads and there are roads. Open gutter roads ur wike thug is building is going no where. The drainages are destroying people's home and livelihood. Never did this happen when Amaechi was in charge. Wike is cursed.

Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by Codes151(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi’s steps is right. Just as he highlighted in the video. Cancel the contract, it is obvious it is a scam. 13 billion for land alone. Use EFCC, retrieve the money and build the University.

So I still do not get why people say Kachikwu floored Amaechi. Kachikwu is wrong saying go on with the project. That means starting without enough money to build the University.
consider time factors! Consider advantages (employment, youths) and remember EFCC can never recover half of the money lost self
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by vRendoh(m): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
grin grin

Our Ministers are beginning to answer thier names and show their qualities. tongue cry
Re: Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall by oganology33(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
colli247:
what of fashola and amaechi

I find it very difficult 2 decipher who beta pass among those 2 very insane fellows. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan’s Official Portrait, How To Address Him (Photos) / “Femi Fani-kayode, You Are A Madman” - Mr Jollof / Cooking Gas Price To Rise Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.